Merckling Family Chiropractic
16 Station Rd Ste 2
Bellport, NY 11713
Main (631) 286-2300
Mon-Wed-Fri 10-1 and 3-7
Thurs 3-7 and Sat 9-12
Year Established: 2006
More about Merckling Family ChiropracticWelcome
Dr. Merckling will take the time to properly diagnose your condition and explain all the details of the treatment to you. Dr. Merckling serves a diverse patient base in the community, and focuses on finding the cause of the problem, not just treating the symptoms.
We are located in Bellport Village on Station Road for easy access. Fast and Same day Appointments available for Severe cases available. Come in today to see how chiropractic care can improve the quality of your life, family and friends.
What We Do
What do Chiropractic Doctors Do?
Chiropractors help to restore proper spinal biomechanics and improve nervous system functioning by finding and correcting subluxations of the spinal column. Doctors of chiropractic may assess patients with a case history, clinical examination (orhtopedic, neurologic, and chiropractic), laboratory testing, diagnostic imaging (ie. x-rays) and other diagnostic interventions to determine when chiropractic treatment is appropriate or when it is not appropriate. Chiropractors will readily refer patients to the appropriate health care provider when chiropractic care is not suitable for the patients condition, or the condition warrants co-management in conjunction with other members of the health care team.
Although chiropractors care for more than just back pain, many patients visit chiropractors looking for relief from this pervasive condition. In fact, 31 million Americans experience low-back pain at any given time.
A few interesting facts about back pain:
* One-half of all working Americans admit to having back pain symptoms each year.
* Back pain is one of the most common reasons for missed work. In fact, back pain is the second most common reason for visits to the doctors office, outnumbered only by upper-respiratory infections.
* Most cases of back pain are mechanical or non-organicmeaning they are not caused by serious conditions, such as inflammatory arthritis, infection, fracture or cancer.
* Americans spend at least $50 billion each year on back painand thats just for the more easily identified costs.
* Experts estimate that as many as 80% of the population will experience a back problem at some time in our lives.
What Causes Back Pain?
The back is a complicated structure of bones, joints, ligaments and muscles. You can sprain ligaments, strain muscles, rupture disks, and irritate joints, all of which can lead to back pain. While sports injuries or accidents can cause back pain, sometimes the simplest of movementsfor example, picking up a pencil from the floor can have painful results. In addition, arthritis, poor posture, obesity, and psychological stress can cause or complicate back pain. Back pain can also directly result from disease of the internal organs, such as kidney stones, kidney infections, blood clots, or bone loss.
Tips to Prevent Back Pain
* Maintain a healthy diet and weight.
* Remain activeunder the supervision of your doctor of chiropractic.
* Avoid prolonged inactivity or bed rest.
* Warm up or stretch before exercising or other physical activities, such as gardening, sporting events, and house cleaning.
* Maintain proper posture.
* Wear comfortable, low-heeled shoes.
* Sleep on a mattress of medium firmness to minimize any curve in your spine.
* Lift with your knees, keep the object close to your body, and do not twist when lifting.
* Quit smoking. Smoking impairs blood flow, resulting in oxygen and nutrient deprivation to spinal tissues.
* Work with your doctor of chiropractic to ensure that your computer workstation is ergonomically correct.
Excerpts taken from the American Chiropractic Association (ACA)
Related categories for Merckling Family Chiropractic
Add your review below
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC