Juan Martin del Potro
Juan Martin del Potro Newswire

Juan Martin del Potro Newswire

Comprehensive Real-Time News Feed for Juan Martin del Potro.

Results 1 - 20 of 83 in Juan Martin del Potro

  1. David Beckham and Kaka among sports stars at Super Bowl 50 as...Read the original story w/Photo

    Sunday | Daily Mail

    ... sport than playing it in recent years was also enjoying the action. Argentine former US Open winner Juan Martin Del Potro sat down to watch the Super Bowl with super bowl of his own... full of crisps. Kaka isn't the only Brazilian sports star who's ...

    Comment?

  2. Del Potro to make comeback at Delray Beach this monthRead the original story w/Photo

    Thursday Feb 4 | The Star Online

    Former U.S. Open champion Juan Martin del Potro announced another comeback on Wednesday after almost a year out with a left wrist injury. The 27-year-old former world number four, who won the U.S. Open in 2009, used social media to announce he would be returning to the circuit at Delray Beach on Feb. 15. The 2011 Delray Beach champion added that the "uncertainty and bad things I have lived through even made me think of giving up."

    Comment?

  3. Juan Martin del Potro to Return in Delray Beach - This Week In Tennis Business with Kevin CraigRead the original story

    Friday Feb 5 | World Tennis Magazine

    The 2009 US Open champion has announced via YouTube that he will be returning to the ATP World Tour in February at the Delray Beach Open. Del Potro has been limited to playing in only six tournaments since 2014 began, only two of which came in 2015.

    Comment?

  4. Argentina's Del Potro confirms return to ATP TourRead the original story

    Thursday Feb 4 | Newkerala.com

    Buenos Aires, Feb 4 : Argentinean tennis player Juan Martin del Potro has confirmed that he is making his return to the ATP World Tour after almost a year of inactivity. "I will be in Delray Beach.

    Comment?

  5. Del Potro returning after wrist surgery, long layoffRead the original story

    Wednesday Feb 3 | The Galveston County Daily News

    ... signed 27 players from 11 different states on National Signing Day. BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) - Juan Martin del Potro says he will make a comeback from his latest injury this month at the Delray Beach Open. The former U.S. Open champion played ...

    Comment?

  6. Del Potro to make comeback at Delray Beach OpenRead the original story w/Photo

    Wednesday Feb 3 | ESPN

    Juan Martin del Potro says he will make a comeback from his latest injury this month at the Delray Beach Open. The former US Open champion played only two tournaments last year before having surgery on his left wrist in June.

    Comment?

  7. Injury-plagued Del Potro set for latest comebackRead the original story w/Photo

    Wednesday Feb 3 | Bangkok Post

    Injury-plagued former US Open champion Juan Martin del Potro will launch his latest comeback at Delray Beach in Florida from February 15, the towering Argentine announced Wednesday. Juan Martin Del Potro of Argentina plays a backhand against Mikhail Kukushkin of Kazakhstan during their men's singles match on day five of the Sydney International tennis tournament in Sydney on January 15, 2015 Del Potro, 27, famously stunned Roger Federer to capture the US Open in 2009 on his way to number four in the world.

    Comment?

  8. Injury-plagued Del Potro set for latest comeback Buenos Aires (AFP) - ...Read the original story w/Photo

    Wednesday Feb 3 | Yahoo!

    Injury-plagued former US Open champion Juan Martin del Potro will launch his latest comeback at Delray Beach in Florida from February 15, the towering Argentine announced Wednesday. Del Potro, 27, famously stunned Roger Federer to capture the US Open in 2009 on his way to number four in the world.

    Comment?

  9. Juan Martin Del Potro To Return In Delray BeachRead the original story

    Wednesday Feb 3 | Tennis Articles

    Juan Martin Del Potro announced today that he will return to tennis in a few weeks at the Delray Beach event starting on February 15th. The Argentine, who hasn't played in almost a year, said he is grateful for all the support he's received from his friends and fans, and he hopes to make a full return from multiple surgeries last year on his left wrist.

    Comment?

  10. Three to See: 2016 Australian Open, Day 5Read the original story

    Thursday Jan 21 | Tennis

    ... are playing a little quicker in the heat this year, should help him. But Dimitrov has a new coach (Juan Martin del Potro's ex, Franco Davin) and seemingly a more positive outlook than he did last season. This could be a good one, but for today I ...

    Comment?

  11. Australian Open 2016: After enthralling 2015, a wish list for the coming yearRead the original story w/Photo

    Saturday Jan 16 | Sydney Morning Herald

    ... or defaulted from tournaments. The leading men have proved more durable, but not all of them: See Juan Martin del Potro and his three wrist operations or Milos Raonic's season-spoiling injuries in 2015. Some suggestions: smarter scheduling from ...

    Comment?

  12. Djokovic best, Del Potro worst at Hawk-Eye reviewsRead the original story w/Photo

    Monday Jan 11 | The Indian Express

    ... part of the review system team that is on duty at the Chennai Open, claims that 2009 US Open champion Juan Martin del Potro has a bad track record when it comes to making challenges. "Del Potro is quite famous for being quite bad. I think he doesn't ...

    Comment?

  13. American Sam Querrey backs new ATP rulesRead the original story w/Photo

    Jan 7, 2016 | Stuff.co.nz

    ... they're there and they can get into the draw." Querrey lost in the final of this tournament in 2009 to Juan Martin Del Potro and says there's something special about Auckland. Querrey said it's the fact that the venue is packed most days that makes ...

    Comment?

  14. Aircel Chennai Open: Somdev-Jeevan & Ramkumar-Sriram get Wildcards for Doubles Main DrawRead the original story w/Photo

    Dec 29, 2015 | Newkerala.com

    ... He won the U-18 European Championship title in July 2013 in Switzerland. He counts Marat Safin and Juan Martin del Potro amongst his tennis idols growing up. An avid football and basketball fan, Kachanov is working hard to break into the top 100 ...

    Comment?

  15. The Numbers are In -- New Winner for 2015 Tennis-X Year-End Top 10 ContestRead the original story

    Dec 19, 2015 | Tennis Articles

    ... this year were failures-to-launch by Milos Raonic and Grigor Dimitrov, and injuries that sidelined Juan Martin del Potro (wrist) and Marin Cilic (shoulder, didn't start season until March). Those people should have listened to Hippy Chick when she ...

    Comment?

  16. Berdych ready to step upRead the original story w/Photo

    Dec 8, 2015 | Yahoo!

    Czech player Tomas Berdych said Tuesday he is ready to break the stranglehold of the tennis elite who have taken the lion's share of the major men's tournaments in the past decade. Only Marin Cilic, the 2014 US Open winner, and Juan Martin del Potro at the same tournament in 2009, have broken the stranglehold of the current top five men's players in the past 10 years.

    Comment?

  17. Serena Williams and Eugenie Bouchard confirmed for next year's Australian OpenRead the original story w/Photo

    Dec 1, 2015 | Stuff.co.nz

    Serena Williams, Eugenie Bouchard and Juan Martin del Potro will play at next year's Australian Open, organisers have confirmed. The likes of Williams and Roger Federer would draw fans to Melbourne Park, not the nation's up-and-comers Bernard Tomic and Nick Kyrgios, they said.

    Comment?

  18. Juan Martin Del Potro Is Hitting Backhands Again [Video]Read the original story

    Dec 1, 2015 | Tennis Articles

    Juan Martin del Potro continued his road to back to tennis. After three surgeries on his left wrist, the Argentine posted a video last week of him hitting backhands, the shot that has kept him off the tour since March.

    Comment?

  19. Australian Open 2016: Serena Williams, Eugenie Bouchard confirmedRead the original story w/Photo

    Nov 30, 2015 | Sydney Morning Herald

    Serena Williams, Eugenie Bouchard and Juan Martin del Potro will play at next year's Australian Open, organisers have confirmed. The likes of Williams and Roger Federer would draw fans to Melbourne Park, not the nation's up-and-comers Bernard Tomic and Nick Kyrgios, they said.

    Comment?

  20. Heat policy to be tested at Aust OpenRead the original story w/Photo

    Nov 30, 2015 | Yahoo!

    ... lining up for 2016's first major. Canadian fan-favourite Eugenie Bouchard and former US Open winner Juan Martin Del Potro have put their names forward after long injury spells. "If Juan Martin's (wrist is fully recovered) then we've got another name ...

    Comment?