Flesh Eating Bacteria Newswire

Flesh Eating Bacteria Newswire

Comprehensive Real-Time News Feed for Flesh Eating Bacteria.

Results 1 - 20 of 508 in Flesh Eating Bacteria

  1. Irishman 'died from septic shock' after taking prescribed painkiller in SpainRead the original story w/Photo

    Yesterday | Independent.ie

    In April Billy returned to another GP in Spain to get a renewal for his normal medications and told the doctor he couldn't shake cold like symptoms. "He couldn't shake a common cold and the sore throat he had.

    Comment?

  2. Life is Terrible. Go See a Dog Show.Read the original story w/Photo

    Sunday | Houston Press

    Since 2016 lumbered into existence it seems like we're trapped in a freakin' nightmare.

    Comment?

  3. Risk of encountering brain-eating amoebas in Pocono waters is lowRead the original story w/Photo

    Thursday Jul 21 | Pocono Record

    Q: I've seen several stories on the news and in the papers recently about people falling ill or dying from illnesses they picked up after swimming in oceans or freshwater. How common are these illnesses, and are they likely to be found in lakes and rivers in the Poconos? A.: Stories about these types of illnesses are always frightening when we see them on television or read about them in the newspapers.

    Comment?

  4. Garden Q&A: Lightly applying granular fertilizer OK but be responsibleRead the original story w/Photo

    Friday Jul 22 | The Florida Times-Union

    I postponed applying fertilizer last month to my citrus and my roses because it was so hot but I know they need it. Is it OK to apply it now? We're only getting water once or twice a week and I try not to water.

    Comment?

  5. Virginia man contracts flesh-eating bacteria after cutting feetRead the original story w/Photo

    Wednesday Jul 20 | New York Daily News

    A day at the beach turned almost turned into a nightmare.

    Comment?

  6. Chesterfield man gets flesh-eating bacteria on Virginia Beach vacationRead the original story w/Photo

    Wednesday Jul 20 | WTVR Richmond

    After a vacation in Virginia Beach, a Chesterfield man is fighting flesh-eating bacteria that nearly cost him his life. Now health officials are reminding people to stay out of the water if they have an open cut or sore, because it makes contracting the rare bacteria more likely.

    Comment?

  7. Flesh-eating bacteria strikes Richmond manRead the original story w/Photo

    Feb 24, 2016 | WTVM

    Like most people in the Richmond area, Charles Ballard Jr. and his dad Charles Ballard Sr. didn't give it a second thought when it comes to wading in the ocean. That would prove to be a mistake.

    Comment?

  8. Man gets rare, flesh-eating bacteria from ocean in Virginia BeachRead the original story w/Photo

    Tuesday Jul 19 | WISH-TV Indianapolis

    WWBT-TV reports Charles Ballard Sr. was wading in the water while fishing with his son June 11 when he got tiny cuts on his feet from stepping on jagged rocks. Three days later, Ballard noticed those cuts became open sores.

    Comment?

  9. I refuse to let Zika or terrorism keep me from experiencing the worldRead the original story w/Photo

    Tuesday Jul 19 | She Knows

    Gwen Pratesi is a James Beard Foundation Award Finalist in Journalism. She is the author and owner of PratesiLiving.com , coauthor of Southern Heat with Chef Anthony Lamas, and co-owner with her husband during the European football matches being played in this historic city, listening to the fun-loving and boisterous crowds of Irish fans cheering from the local bars? Should I avoid sitting at a sidewalk caf in the quaint seaside town of Cancale to enjoy their world-famous oysters and the perfect accompanying glass of dry French white wine? Would I give up any of these experiences and travel opportunities because of the potential of terrorism or medical issues? No.

    Comment?

  10. Richmond man gets flesh-eating bacteria while vacationing in Virginia BeachRead the original story w/Photo

    Tuesday Jul 19 | WTKR-TV Norfolk

    A Richmond man is fighting off a flesh-eating bacteria he got while vacationing in Virginia Beach, according to NBC12 . The station reports Charles Ballard Sr. waded into the ocean with his son, Charles Ballard Jr., while on a fishing trip in mid-June.

    Comment?

  11. Business Owner Dies of Flesh-Eating BacteriaRead the original story w/Photo

    Monday Jul 18 | NBC Philadelphia

    Friends and family are mourning a local business owner, chamber of commerce president, US Navy veteran and retired Philadelphia police officer who died from a flesh-eating bacterial infection. Jerome Rodio passed away Thursday at the age of 75. The Chester County Press reports Rodio was on a fishing trip in the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland when he suffered a scratch on his arm while helping someone pull in crabs.

    Comment?

  12. Are you at risk for flesh-eating bacteria? 5 must-know factsRead the original story w/Photo

    Monday Jul 18 | MSN Living

    Raise your hand if you've seen one of the many scary headlines about flesh-eating bacteria , and briefly considered never leaving your house again. With a straight-out-of-a-horror-film name, we wouldn't blame you.

    Comment?

  13. Video and Photos: Glitz and glamour as Southampton Does StrictlyRead the original story w/Photo

    Monday Jul 18 | Andover Advertiser

    THE world of TV glitz and glamour came to Hampshire as the county played host to a night of charity dancing in Hampshire. Romsey mum Heather Parsons hosted the annual gala event which saw 12 dancers, including Daily Echo reporter Ed Stilliard, showing off their moves in a 90-second routine at the Ageas Hilton in West End .

    Comment?

  14. Lee thankful for supportRead the original story w/Photo

    Saturday Jul 16 | Bendigo Advertiser

    GRATEFUL: Lee Tobin with her border collie Pippa. Lee wanted to make sure she thanked the community for their contributions and donations to her and her family.

    Comment?

  15. BR man defies odds after catching flesh-eating bacteria on Gulf CoastRead the original story w/Photo

    Saturday Jul 16 | The Advocate

    Photo provided by Erin Salhani -- Richard Empson, middle, of Baton Rouge is in a Mississippi intensive care unit after he contracted a flesh eating bacteria while on a vacationing trip to the state over the weekend. His son Ryan is at the left and daughter Katelyn at right.

    Comment?

  16. Groom collapses with flesh-eating bug just before he takes his wedding vowsRead the original story w/Photo

    Saturday Jul 16 | Mirror.co.uk

    Brian Thompson was whisked to hospital just after he said "I do" - and then he and bride Elaine struggled to get a refund on the honeymoon they missed Groom Brian Thompson almost died at the altar on his wedding day when he collapsed from a flesh-eating bug. Brian, 74, was forced to sit in a chair while exchanging vows as the lethal bacteria ravaged his left limb, the Sunday People reports.

    Comment?

  17. Echo reporter warms up for Southampton Does StrictlyRead the original story w/Photo

    Saturday Jul 16 | Daily Echo

    GLITZ and glam will be the order of the evening when a charity dancing contest takes place in Hampshire tonight. Romsey mum Heather Parsons is expecting to see hundreds of people getting dressed up to the nines when she hosts her annual Southampton Does Strictly evening.

    Comment?

  18. TwitterRead the original story w/Photo

    Friday Jul 15 | The Cyprus Weekly

    Liverpool sold winger Jordon Ibe and defender Martin Skrtel on Thursday as manager Juergen Klopp reshapes his squad for the new English Premier League season. The 20-year-old Ibe joined fellow English side Bournemouth for an undisclosed fee, reported in the British media to be 15 million pounds .

    Comment?

  19. Flesh-eating bacteria survivor released from hospitalRead the original story w/Photo

    Thursday Jul 14 | WDAM-TV Hattiesburg

    The Baton Rouge man who contracted a flesh-eating bacteria while swimming at a Bay St. Louis beach is now back in Louisiana. Dick Empson had been at Hancock Medical Center since June 28. According to a fundraising page , Empson was moved to a rehabilitation facility in Louisiana Wednesday.

    Comment?

  20. StumbleuponRead the original story w/Photo

    Thursday Jul 14 | The Cyprus Weekly

    German Olympic sailors, one of whom was infected last year by a flesh-eating bacteria after a test run in Rio de Janeiro's sewage-tainted Guanabara Bay, said this week they are less worried about health risks than racing effectively in shifty winds and wild currents while avoiding floating debris. Three weeks before the start of racing at the Rio Olympics, three top medal prospects from the highly ranked German sailing team told Reuters on Tuesday that plastic bags and bottles, floating logs, the occasional dead dog and other flotsam will make what is already one of the most challenging Olympic sailing venues even harder.

    Comment?