Scuderia Toro Rosso Newswire

Scuderia Toro Rosso Newswire

Comprehensive Real-Time News Feed for Scuderia Toro Rosso.

Results 1 - 20 of 750 in Scuderia Toro Rosso

  1. Analysis: How F1 2017 rules put fuel back in the spotlightRead the original story w/Photo

    20 hrs ago | Motorsport.com

    Formula 1 is gearing up for the start of a bold new era in 2017 when a major revamp of aero regulations is set to deliver faster laptimes, meaner-looking cars and a better spectacle. But it would be wrong to think that the only changes coming for the season ahead are on the chassis front, because underneath the fin-style engine covers that are expected this year will be some big developments too.

    Comment?

  2. Manor hopes to race 2016 F1 car while seeking investorsRead the original story w/Photo

    Friday | AutoWeek

    Even if Manor finds an eleventh-hour savior, the struggling backmarker will have to race its 2016 car for much of the season. That is the claim of Germany's Auto Motor und Sport, as Manor reportedly enters its final 10 days before administrators move to close down the team.

    Comment?

  3. Ex-Formula One Wrecking Ball Pastor Maldonado Might Crash The IndyCar PartyRead the original story w/Photo

    Friday | Jalopnik

    Venezuelan pay driver Pastor Maldonado wants to race again, y'all. Late last year, he claimed to be speaking with a few Formula One teams, but I guess those didn't pan out.

    Comment?

  4. 2017 F1: Mercedes seat may have 'destroyed' WehrleinRead the original story

    Friday | Paddock Talk

    The world champion team has signed up long-time Williams driver Valtteri Bottas to replace Rosberg, with boss Wolff insisting he was never downbeat throughout the process. "Obviously it was a shock," he told the French daily L'Equipe when asked about Rosberg's eleventh hour retirement plans.

    Comment?

  5. F1 teams back away from buying sharesRead the original story

    Thursday Jan 19 | GrandPrix.com

    We have reported that Liberty is offering up to 20pc of the sport's commercial rights to the teams on favourable terms, although the stake would not include voting rights. "I honestly don't know if I should buy shares," Red Bull and Toro Rosso team owner Dietrich Mateschitz told Salzburger Nachrichten newspaper this week.

    Comment?

  6. GP2 champion Gasly heads to JapanRead the original story

    Thursday Jan 19 | GrandPrix.com

    Just like his GP2 champion predecessor Stoffel Vandoorne last year, it has emerged that Frenchman Gasly, 20, will race in the Super Formula series in 2017. Red Bull junior Gasly had hoped to move into F1 this year with Toro Rosso, and now says of his forthcoming Japanese foray: "It's all going to be very different.

    Comment?

  7. KV Racing in talks with MaldonadoRead the original story w/Photo

    Wednesday Jan 18 | Motorsport.com

    Former Formula 1 driver and race-winner Pastor Maldonado is currently in negotiations with KV Racing, as the team seeks a way to stay on the Verizon IndyCar Series grid in 2017. Motorsport.com has learned that the Venezuelan is pursuing a road and street course program with the Kevin Kalkhoven/Jimmy Vasser-owned squad, which has scored four wins over the past three seasons with Sebastien Bourdais.

    Comment?

  8. F1: Gasly heads to Japan as plans for Red Bull juniors revealedRead the original story w/Photo

    Wednesday Jan 18 | PitPass.com

    Sixteen-year-old Dutchman Richard Verschoor is already campaigning the Toyota Racing Series in New Zealand. After winning both NEZ and Spanish F4 Championships in 2016 he moves up to the Formula Renault 2.0 series, following his Southern Hemisphere expedition and is joined there by first year Juniors 17-year-old Briton Dan Ticktum and 15-year-old American Neil Verhagen.

    Comment?

  9. Buemi to miss WEC Prologue for Mexico Formula ERead the original story w/Photo

    Wednesday Jan 18 | Motorsport.com

    Formula E champion Sebastien Buemi has been given clearance from Toyota to skip the World Endurance Championship Prologue and contest the Mexico ePrix. Buemi will arrive in Mexico City early on race day morning, which means he will have to sign on late and miss the drivers' briefing and He told Motorsport.com's sister title Autosport: "Toyota don't want to block me if there is a solution - it's a normal test day and not a must to be there.

    Comment?

  10. Formula V8 3.5 sends "legal" letter to GP2Read the original story w/Photo

    Tuesday Jan 17 | Motorsport.com

    World Series Formula V8 3.5 boss Jaime Alguersuari has threatened to take legal action in the wake of alleged efforts to undermine his series. The Spaniard has been moved to write to GP2 and GP3 Series organiser Bruno Michel, saying: "In the last months, many people linked to you and your business were disclosing in some ways to the World Series teams, team managers and drivers that the World Series Formula V8 3.5 will not take place in the 2017 season."

    Comment?

  11. 2017 F1: 'Angry' Sainz also 'patient' for futureRead the original story

    Tuesday Jan 17 | Paddock Talk

    Actually, the Spaniard had a very good 2016 season, but it was his Toro Rosso teammate Max Verstappen who got the call to move into the senior team. Not just that, Sainz got an offer to switch to the Renault works team for 2017, and was also linked with Nico Rosberg's Mercedes seat.

    Comment?

  12. 2014: Review of the yearRead the original story w/Photo

    Dec 30, 2014 | Formula1 news

    Ah, 2014. The year of the Silver Arrows, of paddock machinations, of competition and of Jules Bianchi.

    Comment?

  13. Formula V8 3.5 boss threatens legal action against GP2Read the original story w/Photo

    Tuesday Jan 17 | Motorsport.com

    World Series Formula V8 3.5 boss Jaime Alguersuari has threatened to take legal action in the wake of alleged efforts to undermine his series. The Spaniard has been moved to write to GP2 and GP3 Series organiser Bruno Michel, saying: "In the last months, many people linked to you and your business were disclosing in some ways to the World Series teams, team managers and drivers that the World Series Formula V8 3.5 will not take place in the 2017 season."

    Comment?

  14. Angry Sainz also patient for futureRead the original story

    Tuesday Jan 17 | GrandPrix.com

    Actually, the Spaniard had a very good 2016 season, but it was his Toro Rosso teammate Max Verstappen who got the call to move into the senior team. Not just that, Sainz got an offer to switch to the Renault works team for 2017, and was also linked with Nico Rosberg's Mercedes seat.

    Comment?

  15. Renault will help Red Bull close gap says MateschitzRead the original story

    Monday Jan 16 | GrandPrix.com

    That is the claim of Dietrich Mateschitz, the low-profile billionaire founder and owner of Red Bull Racing and Toro Rosso. After a 2015 falling out, Red Bull's relationship with Renault improved last year to the point that the main team passed Ferrari in the championship and a switch to Renault power for Toro Rosso was agreed.

    Comment?

  16. Gutierrez will challenge for Formula E title - AgagRead the original story w/Photo

    Monday Jan 16 | Motorsport.com

    Ex-F1 driver Esteban Gutierrez will challenge for the Formula E title in season four, predicts series boss Alejandro Agag. It was announced at the start of the week that Gutierrez, dropped by the Haas F1 squad for 2017, will make his Formula E debut this season, with a yet-to-be finalised programme that will include his home race in Mexico City and July's New York double-header.

    Comment?

  17. Mateschitz undecided over F1 sharesRead the original story

    Monday Jan 16 | GrandPrix.com

    Dietrich Mateschitz says he is yet to decide if he will accept Liberty's offer and buy shares in formula one. "I honestly don't know if I should buy shares," the 72-year-old Austrian, who is the owner of Red Bull Racing and Toro Rosso, told Speed Week.

    Comment?

  18. Red Bull, Haas cars pass crash testsRead the original story

    Monday Jan 16 | GrandPrix.com

    We have already reported that Toro Rosso and Force India had their respective 2017 chassis approved by the FIA following mandatory crash tests. Now, Brazil's UOL quotes Red Bull designer Adrian Newey as saying: "We have passed the crash tests, the design is almost finished and we are already in production."

    Comment?

  19. 2017 F1: Verstappen 'absolutely ready' for 2017 titleRead the original story

    Friday Jan 13 | Paddock Talk

    There are many who believe that, along with the radically different rules for this year, Red Bull has a real chance of taking the fight to Mercedes in 2017. Verstappen is clearly a star of the future, but others think it is actually Daniel Ricciardo who is the Red Bull driver most ready to immediately win a title.

    Comment?

  20. McLaren would be "disappointed" with fourth in 2017 F1 seasonRead the original story w/Photo

    Friday Jan 13 | Motorsport.com

    McLaren would be disappointed if it does not finish higher than fourth in the 2017 Formula 1 constructors' championship, says chief operating officer Jonathan Neale. The Woking-based outfit languished in ninth place in the constructors' championship in 2015 after a tough first year back working with Honda.

    Comment?