Fernando Alonso Newswire (Page 3)

Fernando Alonso Newswire (Page 3)

Comprehensive Real-Time News Feed for Fernando Alonso. (Page 3)

Results 41 - 60 of 2,198 in Fernando Alonso

  1. Alonso: McLaren not quick enoughRead the original story w/Photo

    Sunday Apr 17 | Sky Sports

    A disappointed Fernando Alonso feels McLaren simply didn't have the pace to challenge for points at the Chinese GP. Despite chaos ahead in the race , McLaren couldn't hold onto any positions they gained at the start, finishing 12th and 13th at the chequered flag.

    Comment?

  2. Honda prepares push for more F1 powerRead the original story w/Photo

    Friday Apr 8 | Motorsport.com

    Honda says it must now focus on improving the performance of its internal combustion engine, after admitting that the progress it has made in Formula 1 this season is still not good enough. The Japanese manufacturer's return to the sport last year was hindered by it lacking in energy deployment, which left Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button with huge power deficits at the end of straights.

    Comment?

  3. FIA clears Ferrari over 'coded' pit board messageRead the original story

    Friday Apr 8 | INAUTONEWS

    ... the FIA found there was no breach of the rules." That is reportedly because the red flag stoppage caused by Fernando Alonso's crash affected the basic operation of the other cars through to the finish in Australia. Speed Week elaborated that the ...

    Comment?

  4. Vandoorne preparing for possible second race in ChinaRead the original story

    Thursday Apr 7 | GrandPrix.com

    Although Fernando Alonso was getting CT scans done early last week, the Spaniard's chest injuries clearly caught McLaren by surprise once in Bahrain. That is because when the FIA ruled him out of action on Thursday, reserve driver Vandoorne was thousands of kilometres away in Japan, testing his Super Formula car.

    Comment?

  5. Fernando Alonso eyeing Chinese Grand Prix returnRead the original story w/Photo

    Wednesday Apr 6 | RTE.ie

    The Spaniard was ruled out of the last race in Bahrain on safety grounds after the FIA, Formula One's governing body, declared him "medically unfit" following his horror crash in Melbourne. But Alonso, who sustained fractured ribs in the terrifying smash at Albert Park , posted a picture - in which he was taking part in some conditioning work - to his Instagram account on Wednesday.

    Comment?

  6. Alonso resumes trainingRead the original story

    Wednesday Apr 6 | GrandPrix.com

    Fernando Alonso has resumed training as he fights to be fit to return to the cockpit of his McLaren-Honda in China. On the Bahrain grid last Sunday, with Stoffel Vandoorne filling in, Alonso said he was "99 per cent" sure his chest injuries would not stop him from racing in China in two weeks.

    Comment?

  7. Red Bull drivers try halo alternativeRead the original story

    Friday Apr 1 | GrandPrix.com

    ... parts." Also with 'halo', the issue of driver extraction has been raised recently, particularly after Fernando Alonso quickly escaped from his wrecked McLaren-Honda in Melbourne. Ricciardo said: "I didn't find it too hard to get out of the car (with ...

    Comment?

  8. F1 ACCESS04 Apr 2016 In Case You Missed It... off track in BahrainRead the original story

    Thursday Apr 7 | Formula1.com

    ... and paddock regular Juan Carlos I of Spain was among the Bahrain visitors, pictured here with compatriots Fernando Alonso and Carlos Sainz (senior). Three-time world champion Niki Lauda has driven every type of car, flown endless varieties of plane ...

    Comment?

  9. 2016 F1: Vandoorne preparing for possible second race in ChinaRead the original story

    Thursday Apr 7 | Paddock Talk

    Although Fernando Alonso was getting CT scans done early last week, the Spaniard's chest injuries clearly caught McLaren by surprise once in Bahrain. That is because when the FIA ruled him out of action on Thursday, reserve driver Vandoorne was thousands of kilometres away in Japan, testing his Super Formula car.

    Comment?

  10. Watch Fernando Alonso Put TV Commentator Johnny Herbert In His PlaceRead the original story w/Photo

    Thursday Apr 7 | Jalopnik

    Former F1 driver and Sky Sports commentator Johnny Herbert has been quite vocal lately about McLaren's driver lineup, suggesting that driver Fernando Alonso may want to consider retirement. So, Alonso butted into one of Herbert's broadcasts from the Bahrain Grand Prix paddock and shut him down .

    Comment?

  11. F1: The 2016 Bahrain GP PodcastRead the original story w/Photo

    Thursday Apr 7 | PitPass.com

    The show gets into every nook and cranny, analysing Ferrari 's seemingly fast but fragile 2016 contender, who was at fault in the Valtteri Bottas / Lewis Hamilton clash and the future of Carlos Sainz . An impressive showing from Stoffel Vandoorne gets the team excited while there are raised eyebrows and confused banter over Fernando Alonso , Ron Dennis and the person booking the Belgian youngster's flight from Japan.

    Comment?

  12. Radio ban: Ferrari absolved, Merc's menu?Read the original story w/Photo

    Thursday Apr 7 | Formula 1 Blog

    ... problems with fuel recalculations in the wake of the 20-minute red flag stoppage following McLaren driver Fernando Alonso's violent accident on lap 17. Whiting confirmed to Autosport after the race the red flag and restart raised "a number of ...

    Comment?

  13. Inside Line F1 Podcast: Who is running F1?Read the original story w/Photo

    Thursday Apr 7 | Motorsport.com

    ... than starting them; will this prompt a rule change by the FIA-FOM to help him back to his winning ways? Fernando Alonso might have missed performing on track in Bahrain, but he did make up for it via a stellar performance on LIVE TV with Johnny ...

    Comment?

  14. 2016 F1: 'Best driver' Alonso resumes trainingRead the original story

    Wednesday Apr 6 | Paddock Talk

    Fernando Alonso has resumed training as he fights to be fit to return to the cockpit of his McLaren-Honda in China. On the Bahrain grid last Sunday, with Stoffel Vandoorne filling in, Alonso said he was "99 per cent" sure his chest injuries would not stop him from racing in China in two weeks.

    Comment?

  15. Alt+F1: 75 - Bahrain GP 2016Read the original story w/Photo

    Wednesday Apr 6 | GiantBomb.com

    The hot winds Bahrain bring us a shower of carbon fiber along with a surprising late-game driver swap, master of emojis and smackdowns Fernando Alonso, YET ANOTHER qualifying proposal, and the most heroic clown of you've ever seen. Alt+F1 is a weekly Formula 1 podcast from your friends at Giant Bomb.

    Comment?

  16. Haas elects for aggressive Chinese GP tyre strategyRead the original story w/Photo

    Tuesday Apr 5 | Motorsport.com

    ... a potential repeat of the supersoft-heavy strategy employed to great effect by Grosjean in Bahrain. drivers Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button have opted for a similar strategy, as have the Williams pairing of Felipe Massa and Valtteri Bottas after ...

    Comment?

  17. Vandoorne's Bahrain showing "a boost for his career" - BoullierRead the original story w/Photo

    Monday Apr 4 | Motorsport.com

    ... say, the points already, it's an improvement, and we know where we can gain." Meanwhile, Boullier said that Fernando Alonso had benefited from spending the weekend with the team: "It was a good experience as well. The frustration is bigger, but he ...

    Comment?

  18. Fernando Alonso back in training in bid to prove fitness for Chinese Grand PrixRead the original story w/Photo

    Wednesday Apr 6 | Haringey Independent

    The Spaniard was ruled out of the last race in Bahrain on safety grounds after the FIA, Formula One's governing body, declared him "medically unfit" following his horror crash in Melbourne. But Alonso, who sustained fractured ribs in the terrifying smash at Albert Park, posted a picture - in which he was taking part in some conditioning work - to his Instagram account on Wednesday.

    Comment?

  19. F1: Alonso prepares for ChinaRead the original story

    Wednesday Apr 6 | PitPass.com

    Having failed the mandatory medical in Bahrain following his high speed crash in Melbourne , Fernando Alonso subsequently admitted that he had suffered a number of cracked ribs in the accident and therefore agreed with the decision. However, inspired by teammate Jenson Button 's pace in FP2, and no doubt feeling like the proverbial 'spare at a wedding' as he watched Stoffel Vandoorne take his seat, by Friday afternoon he and team boss Ron Dennis were pushing the FIA to allow the Spaniard to race.

    Comment?

  20. Fernando Alonso eyes return from horror crash after F1 star was...Read the original story w/Photo

    Wednesday Apr 6 | Daily Mail

    Fernando Alonso eyes return from horror crash after F1 star was declared medically unfit to compete at Bahrain Grand Prix Fernando Alonso has stepped up his return to Formula One duty after the McLaren driver was denied his spot on the grid for last Sunday's Bahrain Grand Prix. The Spaniard was declared medically unfit by the FIA last Thursday following his Melbourne horror crash in the season-opening race.

    Comment?