The latest from TV, Radio, and Newspapers

Add a news source

Are we missing a Star Lake news source? Let us know!

Star Lake Newswire

Star Lake Newswire

Comprehensive Real-Time News Feed for Star Lake, NY.

Results 1 - 20 of 87 in Star Lake, NY

  1. Motorists charged with driving while intoxicatedRead the original story w/Photo

    Friday Nov 13 | Watertown Daily Times

    ... stop lamps. His BAC was determined to be 0.11 percent, authorities said. Ronald J. Norman, 63, of 4313 Route 3, Star Lake, was charged Monday by state police. Troopers said that at 8:44 p.m. at Route 3 and County Route 27 in the town of Fine, Mr. ...


  2. Marcia L. TerryRead the original story w/Photo

    Monday Nov 9 | Watertown Daily Times

    There will be no calling hours or funeral service. Arrangements are with French Family Funeral Home, Star Lake.


  3. Star Lake resident accused of DWI in FineRead the original story

    Tuesday Nov 10 | North Country Now

    A Star Lake man was charged with driving while intoxicated Monday nights at Clifton-Fine Hospital, according to state police.


  4. Ten arrested on drug charges in St. Lawrence CountyRead the original story w/Photo

    Friday Nov 6 | Watertown Daily Times

    During the last week, the state police Troop B Narcotics Enforcement Unit arrested 10 people for allegedly selling illegal narcotics in St. Lawrence County. Michael C. Brown, 27, of Star Lake, was arrested Oct. 23 on two counts of third-degree criminal sale of a controlled substance and two counts of third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance.


  5. Story from NorthCountryNow.comRead the original story

    Friday Nov 6 | North Country Now

    Unseasonably warm temperatures were felt throughout St. Lawrence County Thursday as temperatures climbed into the 70s coming close to setting records in several towns, according to Weather Underground. Highs in the southern part of St. Lawrence County near Gouverneur and Star Lake reached 71 degrees, just one degree shy of tying the record of 70 for Nov. 6 set in 2005.


  6. Timothy M. SharpeRead the original story w/Photo

    Wednesday Nov 4 | Watertown Daily Times

    STAR LAKE – Timothy M. Sharpe, age 54, of Clermont, FL and formerly of Star Lake, NY, passed away unexpectedly on Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at St. Joseph's Hospital in Syracuse. There will be a Celebration of Life held at the Star Lake American Legion on Saturday, November 7th at 12:00 p.m. Arrangements are with French Family Funeral Home, Star Lake.


  7. Star Lake, Gouverneur residents charged with harassmentRead the original story

    Monday Nov 2 | North Country Now

    Nathan R. Nedeau, 41, of Star Lake was at 6:40 p.m. Sunday at the Sunmount IRA in Fine and released with appearance ticket. Shawn M. Miller, 19, of Gouverneur was charged at 7:42 p.m. Sunday on county Route 9 in his hometown and released with an appearance ticket.


  8. Ten arrested on drug charges in St. Lawrence CountyRead the original story w/Photo

    Monday Nov 2 | Ogdensburg Courier-Observer/Journal

    ... were made on arrest warrants issued by St Lawrence County Court. On October 23, 2015, Michael C. Brown, age 27, of Star Lake, NY was arrested on two counts of Criminal Sale of a Controlled Substance 3rd degree and two counts of Criminal Possession ...


  9. Story from NorthCountryNow.comRead the original story

    Friday Oct 30 | North Country Now

    ... They say there is a chance of showers, but not until after 11 p.m. in most areas, after midnight in Potsdam and Star Lake. Meteorologists say there is a 60 percent chance of showers before 10 a.m. with temperatures climbing into the mid 50s. ...


  10. Yvonne J. CatonRead the original story w/Photo

    Oct 24, 2015 | Watertown Daily Times

    Yvonne Joy Caton, age 74, of Wanakena, passed away on Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at The House of John in Clifton Springs, NY. There will be calling hours for Joy on Friday, October 30, 2015 from 4:00-6:00 p.m. at French Family Funeral Home in Star Lake.


  11. Story from NorthCountryNow.comRead the original story

    Oct 17, 2015 | North Country Now

    ... cold temperatures and brisk winds in the higher elevations of St. Lawrence County through Sunday morning. In Star Lake, the weather service is predicting scattered snow showers, mainly before 7 p.m. with a low around 25 tonight.. Chance of ...


  12. Story from NorthCountryNow.comRead the original story

    Oct 14, 2015 | North Country Now

    ... 30s. The NWS says rain and snow is likely Saturday, with 50 to 60 percent odds in Canton, Gouverneur, Potsdam and Star Lake. Massena and Ogdensburg are looking at a 40 percent chance of showers. Temperatures countywide are predicted to hit a high of ...


  13. Wanakena General Store to reopen as art studio, community gathering siteRead the original story w/Photo

    Oct 13, 2015 | Ogdensburg Courier-Observer/Journal

    ... the Wanakena store is closed, the nearest place for residents to purchase groceries is about seven miles away in Star Lake, which has an IGA and a Nice N Easy. Ms. Ziemba said a small studio will be created in one section of the 1,300-square-foot ...


  14. Building torn down at vacant J&L steel plant; pollution clean up continuesRead the original story w/Photo

    Oct 9, 2015 | Watertown Daily Times

    ... away to the Development Authority of the North Country landfill in Rodman, Jefferson County. Mr. Hall, a longtime Star Lake resident and former town of Fine supervisor, has been involved for decades with community efforts to get the buildings razed ...


  15. Story from NorthCountryNow.comRead the original story

    Oct 7, 2015 | North Country Now

    The National Weather Service forecasts St. Lawrence County will see alternating rain and sun from Wednesday evening through Friday night, with seasonal temperatures. Tonight, there is a 30 percent chance of rain in Potsdam, Gouverneur, Ogdensburg and Star Lake.


  16. Jeremiah A. FinleyRead the original story w/Photo

    Oct 7, 2015 | Watertown Daily Times

    STAR LAKE – Jeremiah “Jerry” A. Finley, age 75, of Star Lake, passed away on October 5, 2015 at his home under the care of his loving family and hospice. There will be a funeral service will be held on Saturday, October 10th, 2015 at 11:00 a.m. at the Oswegatchie Baptist Church officiated by Pastor Roger Benjamin.


  17. Jeffrey G. WhitfordRead the original story w/Photo

    Oct 5, 2015 | Watertown Daily Times

    Jeffrey G. Whitford, 61, Star Lake, passed away October 4th at the Samaritan Medical Center, Watertown. Funeral arrangements are with the Hawley Funeral Home, Star Lake, NY.


  18. Mac Miller: 'It's OK To Feel Yourself'Read the original story

    Sep 29, 2015 | WNYC-AM New York

    ... I've done both of those. But then like the big concerts were at Post-Gazette Pavilion, which might be called Star Lake now. Or it used to be Star Lake and now - whatever it is. I call it Post-Gazette Pavilion. And it's just like this huge lawn, ...


  19. Story from NorthCountryNow.comRead the original story

    Sep 28, 2015 | North Country Now

    ... cloudy day to Massena, Ogdensburg, Potsdam and Canton. Gouverneur could see a 30 percent chance of rain early on. Star Lake is looking at 30 percent odds of precipitation through the daylight hours, the NWS says. A partly cloudy Thursday night with ...


  20. Potsdam Police Public RecordRead the original story w/Photo

    Sep 25, 2015 | Ogdensburg Courier-Observer/Journal

    ... a construction site. AGGRAVATED UNLICENSED OPERATION - POTSDAM - Village police charged Scott E. Hayes, 32, of Star Lake with second-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and ticketed him for speed in zone (44/30 mph zone) at ...


Star Lake Job Listings
View or post Star Lake job listings on Topix.
Star Lake Real Estate
News, listings, and foreclosures in Star Lake from Topix.
Star Lake Mortgages
Find mortgage rates in Star Lake on Topix.