The latest from TV, Radio, and Newspapers

Add a news source

Are we missing a Fort-Stanton news source? Let us know!

Fort-Stanton Newswire

Fort-Stanton Newswire

Comprehensive Real-Time News Feed for Fort-Stanton, NM.

Results 1 - 20 of 81 in Fort-Stanton, NM

  1. Weekend update: Expect some weekend rainRead the original story w/Photo

    17 hrs ago | Ruidoso News

    The National Weather Service reports a 40 percent chance showers and thunderstorms and mostly cloudy skies today, with a high near 76 degrees. The chance of precipitation continues into tonight.

    Comment?

  2. Running to breathe: 2015 Capitan Cystic Fibrosis RunRead the original story w/Photo

    Thursday Aug 13 | Alamogordo Daily News

    Cystic Fibrosis doesn't stop nine-year-old Eleck Stone, who is seen here running in the 2014 Capitan CF Run. The 2015 Capitan CF Run To Breathe begins at 8 a.m. Saturday.

    Comment?

  3. Community datesRead the original story w/Photo

    Thursday Aug 13 | Ruidoso News

    Butterfly release: Butterflies will be released 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the White Mountain Subdivision Pavilion. Sponsorship of a live Monarch butterfly is $12.

    Comment?

  4. Running to breathe: 2015 Capitan Cystic Fibrosis RunRead the original story w/Photo

    Thursday Aug 13 | Ruidoso News

    Cystic Fibrosis doesn't stop nine-year-old Eleck Stone, who is seen here running in the 2014 Capitan CF Run. The 2015 Capitan CF Run To Breathe begins at 8 a.m. Saturday.

    Comment?

  5. Lincoln County Sheriff's Posse is steeped in tradition with an eye for the futureRead the original story w/Photo

    Tuesday Aug 11 | Ruidoso News

    Lincoln County Sheriff's Posse President Marty Jackson mans the parking area at a Lincoln County event Sunday. The group is hosting a membership drive cook-out at 3 p.m. at Two Rivers Park, by the Ruidoso Valley Chamber of Commerce, Aug. 22. A free picnic barbecue is being served at 5:30 p.m. The public is welcome.

    Comment?

  6. D.C. Offering Extended Summer Camp at 5 Rec CentersRead the original story

    Tuesday Aug 11 | CBS Local

    Our opinions are unbiased and unfiltered, and we never hold back. But the most important voice in D.C. sports is yoursa that's why our phone [] 99.1 WNEW 99.1 WNEW is the premiere destination for breaking news, traffic and weather information, serving the Greater Washington and Baltimore areas - and everywhere in between.

    Comment?

  7. Weekend update: Chance for shower continues over the weekendRead the original story w/Photo

    Friday Aug 7 | Ruidoso News

    The National Weather Service reports partly sunny today, with a high near 85 degrees. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent.

    Comment?

  8. Call for photos or accounts of early Fort Stanton Cave visitationRead the original story w/Photo

    Thursday Aug 6 | Ruidoso News

    A researcher walks a portion of Snowy River calcite formation in Fort Stanton Cave. Members of the Fort Stanton Cave Study Project are compiling detailed information, sifting through archival photos, maps and interviews to help complete a book about Fort Stanton Cave and especially, the Snowy River exploration that pushed the boundaries by more than 30 miles of explored passage.

    Comment?

  9. Call for photos or accounts of early Fort Stanton Cave visitationRead the original story w/Photo

    Thursday Aug 6 | Ruidoso News

    A researcher walks a portion of Snowy River calcite formation in Fort Stanton Cave. Members of the Fort Stanton Cave Study Project are compiling detailed information, sifting through archival photos, maps and interviews to help complete a book about Fort Stanton Cave and especially, the Snowy River exploration that pushed the boundaries by more than 30 miles of explored passage.

    Comment?

  10. Follow me: Ghosts and glory, part 2: Historic Fort Stanton cemeteriesRead the original story w/Photo

    Jul 16, 2015 | Alamogordo Daily News

    A white obelisk outlined by rope in the shape of a ship, one of many maritime references at the United States Public Health Services cemetery at Fort Stanton. "The oldest burials at the original fort cemetery date from 1855 when Fort Stanton was established to protect settlers from raiding Apaches.

    Comment?

  11. WWII Reenactment at Ft. StantonRead the original story w/Photo

    Jul 16, 2015 | Ruidoso News

    Fort Stanton will be hosting its fifth annual March on Rome World War II reenactment and Living History display Saturday, July 25 on the grounds of the fort. Authentic camps for both Allied and Axis forces will be open to the public between 4 and 6 p.m. with a public show battle beginning at 5:30 p.m. Attendance is free to the public, although donations to Fort Stanton are welcome.

    Comment?

  12. Weekend update: Chance of weekend showers diminishesRead the original story w/Photo

    Jul 16, 2015 | Ruidoso News

    The National Weather Service reports the chance of precipitation today is 30 percent, mainly after 1 p.m., with a high near 79 degrees. The skies tonight will be mostly cloudy with a low around 59 degrees.

    Comment?

  13. Fort Stanton LIVE!: See history come alive at the fortRead the original story w/Photo

    Jul 9, 2015 | Ruidoso News

    History comes alive with historical reenactments and live entertainment 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday in Fort Stanton. A cast of more than 225 characters brings to life the essence of days gone by with tales from authors and speakers, fort tours, a proper Victorian tea, fashion show and antiques silent auction; Buffalo soldiers, original fine art exhibit, World War II internment camp tour, period military ball with live music, historic non-denominational church service, food vendors, crafts, old-time games for children and more.

    Comment?

  14. Lincoln County events calendarRead the original story w/Photo

    Jul 8, 2015 | Alamogordo Daily News

    Missoula Children's Theater - "Rapunzel": Spencer Theater for the Performing Arts, 108 Spencer Road; 7 p.m. Tickets are $18 for adults and $10 for children and can be bought online or through the Spencer Box Office. Call 575-336-4800 for more info.

    Comment?

  15. Correction: Fort Stanton LIVERead the original story w/Photo

    Jul 8, 2015 | Ruidoso News

    In the July 3 Vamonos! column, "Follow me: Ghosts and glory, part 1: Fort Stanton," it was mistakenly reported that the Fort Stanton LIVE!A event is free. Adults are $5, children under 12 are free.

    Comment?

  16. Weekend update: Keep your red, white and blue umbrella on hand for the weekendRead the original story w/Photo

    Jul 2, 2015 | Ruidoso News

    The National Weather Service reports showers and thunderstorms are likely today, with a high near 76 degrees. There is a 60 percent chance of scattered showers and thunderstorms, dropping to 40 percent, mainly before midnight.

    Comment?

  17. Follow me: Ghosts and glory, part 1: Fort StantonRead the original story w/Photo

    Jul 2, 2015 | Alamogordo Daily News

    Is it the imagined bugle call, harness jingle, slap of saddle on horse's back or soldiers in marching in blue uniforms? Or is it the echoes of bustling doctors and nurses, attending with white-coated efficiency to coughing patients hoping for a cure in high, dry mountain air. In the heart of Apache lands settlers farmed and formed communities in the 1850s.

    Comment?

  18. Hubbard program on Buffalo Soldiers SaturdayRead the original story w/Photo

    Jun 26, 2015 | Ruidoso News

    The Buffalo Soldiers have a deep and interesting history in New Mexico during and after the Indian Wars. A look at the service of Buffalo Soldiers in New Mexico and Lincoln County, in particular, is set for 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Saturday , at the Hubbard Museum of the American West by historian and educator Donald C. Elder III.

    Comment?

  19. Weekend update: A chance for showers and thunderstorms through Saturday, warm up for SundayRead the original story w/Photo

    Jun 19, 2015 | Ruidoso News

    The National Weather Service reports partly sunny skies today, with a high near 82 degrees. There is a 30 percent chance of scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly after noon, continuing into Friday night.

    Comment?

  20. Lincoln County WarRead the original story w/Photo

    Jun 18, 2015 | BellaOnline

    The Lincoln County War began in 1878 in Lincoln County, New Mexico. At the time Lincoln County was the largest county in the country, as it covered about 1/5 of the territory of New Mexico.

    Comment?

Fort-Stanton Job Listings
View or post Fort-Stanton job listings on Topix.
Fort-Stanton Real Estate
News, listings, and foreclosures in Fort-Stanton from Topix.
Fort-Stanton Mortgages
Find mortgage rates in Fort-Stanton on Topix.