Baton Rouge Newswire (Page 9)

Baton Rouge Newswire (Page 9)

Comprehensive Real-Time News Feed for Baton Rouge, LA. (Page 9)

Results 161 - 180 of 1,019 for "u:wbrz.com" in Baton Rouge, LA

  1. Pat Shingleton: "Mermaid Sightings and Purple Lips"Read the original story w/Photo

    Jun 14, 2017 | WBRZ

    As we become acclimated to the heat, we seek ways to cool down. Years ago, when the inflatable pool was "shot-up" with a B.B. gun from Doug Kelly, my Mom would take a wash tub, fill it with cold water and stick my brother Kevin in there for a few days.

    Comment?

  2. Tigers punch ticket to College World Series in OmahaRead the original story w/Photo

    Jun 12, 2017 | WBRZ

    Baton Rouge, LA, - The Tigers take down Mississippi State 14-4 on Sunday night to advance to College World Series.

    Comment?

  3. More than $950,000 raised; Kids surprised during annual Dream Home telecastRead the original story w/Photo

    Jun 12, 2017 | WBRZ

    BATON ROUGE The 2017 St. Jude Dream Home was given away with fanfare Sunday night, and Monday morning, a local family's waking up to the realization they could be moving. Patricia Brashier of Ethel won the home valued at more than $500,000.

    Comment?

  4. LSU baseball takes game one of the Super Regional vs. StateRead the original story w/Photo

    Jun 10, 2017 | WBRZ

    The LSU Tigers rallied for four runs in the bottom of the eighth inning to win game one of the Baton Rouge Super Regional at Alex Box Stadium. Trailing 3-0 in the 8th lead-off hitter Kramer Robertson drew a walk, he was then followed by a single from Antoine Duplantis.

    Comment?

  5. Tuesday morning video forecastRead the original story w/Photo

    Jun 6, 2017 | WBRZ

    At least a trace of rain has fallen in the Baton Rouge area every day since May 28. Tuesday will mark a tenth straight with precipitation, adding to 4.81 inches that has fallen over the long, unsettled stretch. Alas, one more day of showers and thunderstorms is ahead before a cold front brings some welcome, drier changes to the area.

    Comment?

  6. Thursday morning video forecastRead the original story w/Photo

    Jun 1, 2017 | WBRZ

    Due to another upper level disturbance, moderate to heavy showers and thunderstorms affected the area Thursday morning. Rain amounts have been wide ranging over the last several days, but some localized totals upwards of 5 inches have occurred.

    Comment?

  7. Limited number of tickets on sale Friday for Super RegionalRead the original story w/Photo

    Jun 8, 2017 | WBRZ

    BATON ROUGE A limited number of ticket books for the NCAA Super Regional will go on sale at 8 a.m. on Friday. The Super Regional is a best of three series featuring LSU and Mississippi State.

    Comment?

  8. Pat Shingleton: "Overlord and Allison"Read the original story w/Photo

    Jun 5, 2017 | WBRZ

    As we have endured eight days of daily rain, it doesn't compare to June 7, 2001 and Tropical Storm Allison that weakened to a depression and stalled over eastern Texas. On June 8, the remnants of the storm drifted south, re-forming over the northwestern Gulf of Mexico.

    Comment?

  9. Pedestrian struck by vehicle on Airline HighwayRead the original story w/Photo

    Jun 5, 2017 | WBRZ

    BATON ROUGE One pedestrian was struck by a vehicle on Airline Highway near Alco Avenue on Monday afternoon. EMS says one person was taken to the hospital with serious injuries.

    Comment?

  10. LSU baseball advances to Regional Championship, beats SLU 11-6Read the original story w/Photo

    Jun 3, 2017 | WBRZ

    The winner's bracket game at the NCAA's Baton Rouge Regional delivered an offense showdown that saw the LSU Tigers put away an early challenge from the Southeastern Lions to win 11-6 and advance onto the Baton Rouge Regional championship game at 8 pm on Sunday. The Tigers scored in five innings, plating 11 runs on 12 hits and maybe most importantly LSU played a clean game in the error column after committing five miscues the night before.

    Comment?

  11. LSU uses power to overcome errors in 15-7 NCAA win over TSURead the original story w/Photo

    Jun 2, 2017 | WBRZ

    Zach Watson homered twice and Michael Papierski added another for LSU, which overcame a sloppy defensive performance for a 15-7 victory over Texas Southern on Friday in the Baton Rouge Regional. The Tigers , winners of 12 straight, committed five errors to help Texas Southern score six unearned runs and knock starter Jared Poche from the game in the fifth inning.

    Comment?

  12. Watch WBRZ News 2 at 10:00 online tonightRead the original story w/Photo

    Jun 1, 2017 | WBRZ

    BATON ROUGE Due to the NBA Finals telecast on ABC, WBRZ News 2 at 10:00 will air later than usual. On nights of the NBA Finals, watch the weeknight edition of the 10 o'clock news on time through WBRZ's 24-hour replay channel on Cox Cable 124, Eatel 2, the WBRZ.com live stream or the WBRZ Channel 2 Facebook page.

    Comment?

  13. Pat Shingleton: "June Weddings..."Read the original story w/Photo

    Jun 1, 2017 | WBRZ

    By tradition May and June have historically been designated as "Wedding Months" with society sections of local newspapers recognizing engagements and weddings. Fairly Edrington and Joseph Carville will exchange vows Saturday evening here in Baton Rouge with plenty of "cover" from pop-up showers and lots of air-conditioning.

    Comment?

  14. LSU throwing Poche to start Baton Rouge RegionalRead the original story w/Photo

    Jun 1, 2017 | WBRZ

    Baton Rouge, LA - "At this point in the season it's win or go home. You're not garunteed anything so I'm going to go out there and compete my butt off and hopefully give my team a chance to win.

    Comment?

  15. BLOG: from Baton Rouge to Gonzales to the coastRead the original story w/Photo

    May 26, 2017 | WBRZ

    Your Memorial Day Weekend will be hot and humid with some afternoon sun. Another unsettled pattern is around the corner and expected to begin on Monday.

    Comment?

  16. Hurricane X: know Your sourceRead the original story w/Photo

    May 19, 2017 | WBRZ

    Many Americans rely on their neighbors after a disaster, but there are also many ways you can help your neighbors before a hurricane approaches. Learn about all the different actions you and your neighbors can take to prepare and recover from the hazards associated with hurricanes.

    Comment?

  17. NOAA predicts 'above-normal' hurricane season for 2017Read the original story w/Photo

    May 25, 2017 | WBRZ

    BATON ROUGE The Atlantic Ocean could see "another above normal hurricane season" this year, according to forecasters at NOAA's Climate Prediction Center. Forecasters predict a 45 percent chance of an above normal season, a 35 percent chance of a near normal season and only a 20 percent chance of a below-normal season.

    Comment?

  18. LSU's Lanard Fournette accused of using fake ID to play at casinoRead the original story w/Photo

    May 23, 2017 | WBRZ

    BATON ROUGE LSU football running back Lanard Fournette was arrested Monday after state police say he used a fake ID to play at a Baton Rouge casino. Fournette was charged with unlawful use of a state issued identification and gaming prohibited for persons under 21. He was booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison Monday.

    Comment?

  19. Additional heavy rain possible through TuesdayRead the original story w/Photo

    May 22, 2017 | WBRZ

    The wet pattern continues today and into tomorrow with scattered showers and thunderstorms in the forecast. The chance of severe weather is low, but an isolated strong storm is possible.

    Comment?

  20. LSU softball tops Louisiana Lafayette 6-1, forces winner-take-all game 7Read the original story w/Photo

    May 21, 2017 | WBRZ

    The game ended after midnight, but the result was worth the wait for the LSU softball team as they beat Louisiana Lafayette 6-1 to force a winner-take-all game 7 in the Baton Rouge Regional at Tiger Park. Battling rain and lightning delays throughout the day Sunday, the Tigers remained resiliant as Carley Hoover pitched her 2nd complete game of the day, allowing just one run on 5 hits against the Cajuns.

    Comment?

Baton Rouge Job Listings
View or post Baton Rouge job listings on Topix.
Baton Rouge Real Estate
News, listings, and foreclosures in Baton Rouge from Topix.
Baton Rouge Mortgages
Find mortgage rates in Baton Rouge on Topix.