Non-Profit Newswire (Page 2)

Non-Profit Newswire (Page 2)

Comprehensive Real-Time News Feed for Non-Profit. (Page 2)

Results 21 - 40 of 73,543 in Non-Profit

  1. Wayne Elsey Announces Latest Book For Schools, Churches and NonprofitsRead the original story w/Photo

    1 hr ago | BroadwayWorld.com

    ORLANDO, Fla., Feb. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ Preeminent social entrepreneur, nonprofit expert and motivational author and speaker, Wayne Elsey, announced the publication of his latest book as part of the Not Your Father's Charity Book Series: How to DOMINATE YOUR Fundraising To Create YOUR Success, Volume 4 . This time, Elsey partnered with Linda N. Spencer, a fundraising and nonprofit expert with more than 20 years in the field.

    Comment?

  2. The Clay Court Classic brings GLTA tennis action to South FloridaRead the original story w/Photo

    1 hr ago | The Miami Herald

    Get ready for the 2016 Clay Court Classic , taking place on Valentine's weekend at The Lauderdale Tennis Club. Open to all skill levels, the singles and doubles tournament is sponsored by the Gay and Lesbian Tennis Alliance and hosted locally by the South Florida Tennis Club .

    Comment?

  3. MARVA: More than a thrift storeRead the original story w/Photo

    1 hr ago | The Courier

    Angie and Karla apply address labels to mail outs for the Nuclear Planning and Response Program under the Arkansas Department of Health. For over four decades, MARVA has served local businesses and members of the community while also providing jobs to developmentally disabled adults that would not be able to find other jobs.

    Comment?

  4. Goodwill seeks new site for donation stationRead the original story w/Photo

    1 hr ago | Naugatuck Daily News

    A Goodwill Industries donation station on Water Street has been moved, leaving a void that the nonprofit organization is looking to fill. The drop-off location, at the site of the former train station here, was the most active in the state for several years, according to Goodwill of Western and Northern Connecticut.

    Comment?

  5. 40% of guests become ambassadors for San Francisco's newly minted Hotel Zephyr with Flip.toRead the original story w/Photo

    1 hr ago | Bottom Line

    HFTP is a global nonprofit hospitality association that uniquely understands the industry's problems. We assist our members in finding solutions to industry problems more efficiently than any organization via our expert networks, research, conferences such as HITEC, and certification programs.

    Comment?

  6. Press release distribution, EDGAR filing, XBRL, regulatory filingsRead the original story

    1 hr ago | Business Wire

    ... ... )--The Blackstone Charitable Foundation today announced that it has awarded grants totaling $2 million to non-profit organizations that strengthen entrepreneurial ecosystems... )--Interactive Intelligence Foundation, a nonprofit corporation ...

    Comment?

  7. Unilever Ceo: The top 2% of society should help the other 98%Read the original story w/Photo

    1 hr ago | Silicon Alley Insider

    Unilever has a market cap of around $130 billion and owns household brands like Axe, Hellman's, Dove, Knorr, Ben & Jerry's, and Vaseline. If you belong to the lucky 2% of [the] population that, frankly, can do what they want, you have to put yourself to the service of the other 98%," said Polman.

    Comment?

  8. Alice Austen Museum hosts 'Celebrate Love Valentine Party'Read the original story w/Photo

    1 hr ago | SILive.com

    ... New York City Department of Parks and Recreation, operated by the Friends of Alice Austen House Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and a member of Historic House Trust. The Alice Austen House is designated a New York City and National ...

    Comment?

  9. Carl M. Freeman Foundation sets nonprofit grant workshop Feb. 23Read the original story w/Photo

    1 hr ago | Cape Gazette

    The Carl M. Freeman Foundation announced the opening of grant opportunities for nonprofit organizations located in and serving Sussex County. Funding is available through the Freeman Assists Communities with Extra Support Grants Program, which targets small organizations with operating budgets of $500,000 or less, which are often overlooked by funders.

    Comment?

  10. MI: "Walking Man" Got Free Car, Boosted Transit TooRead the original story w/Photo

    1 hr ago | Mass Transit

    Feb. 07--The overnight fame sprung a year ago on James Robertson brought "the Walking Man" relief from 10 hours a day of combined bus riding and trudging to work. Weeks of follow-up coverage by the Free Press and other media shined a national spotlight on the frustrating calculus of Robertson's city-to-suburb commuting -- the gaps in bus service of metro Detroit's two systems, city and suburban, and the sky-high cost of auto insurance in Detroit, which puts legal driving out of the reach of many in the car capital of the world.

    Comment?

  11. View Press ReleaseRead the original story

    1 hr ago | Business Wire

    For the 14th year, the magazine's annual program recognizes Utah's young, up-and-coming professionals - from serial entrepreneurs to technology innovators to non-profit leaders - who are shaping industry trends and molding the future. "Today we're honoring Utah's rising business luminaries who have accomplished a lifetime's worth of success - all by the age of 40," said Sam Urie, publisher of Utah Business .

    Comment?

  12. The Environmental, Social & Economic Ramifications of Apple's Outsourcing to ChinaRead the original story w/Photo

    1 hr ago | Kansas City InfoZine

    ... among employees. Apple agreed to discontinue using two of the worst offenders, benzene and n-hexane, after the non-profit groups China Labor Watch and Green America collected upwards of 40,000 signatures from consumers demanding action from the ...

    Comment?

  13. Why Schools need to Introduce Computing in all SubjectsRead the original story w/Photo

    2 hrs ago | Scientific Computing/Instrument.

    In his recent State of the Union address, President Barack Obama said schools need to offer every student hands-on computer science classes to be better prepared for the workforce. President Obama is right: the next generation of learners will require a high level of fluency with modes of thinking in which computers act as interactive partners.

    Comment?

  14. It's Been 20 Years Since This Man Declared Cyberspace IndependenceRead the original story w/Photo

    2 hrs ago | Wired

    When digital dystopians and critics of Internet libertarians need a rhetorical dart board, they often pull out a document written by John Perry Barlow, co-founder of the nonprofit Electronic Frontier Foundation, a former cattle rancher and Grateful Dead lyricist. On this day in 1996, Barlow sat down in front of a clunky Apple laptop and typed out one very controversial email, now known as the " Declaration of Independence of Cyberspace ," a manifesto with a simple message: Governments don't - and can't - govern the Internet.

    Comment?

  15. SEI Expands Canadian Team With Two Key HiresRead the original story w/Photo

    2 hrs ago | Market Wire

    These two senior hires emphasize SEI's commitment to expanding the range and depth of services available to Canadian investors. In his role, Reimer will be responsible for business development within the Canadian marketplace, and management of SEI's delegated investment solutions for defined benefit, defined contribution, endowment, multiemployer, and non-profit clients.

    Comment?

  16. Accounting Software Reviews-Small Business | CPA Practice AdvisorRead the original story w/Photo

    2 hrs ago | The CPA Technology Advisor

    ... from anywhere. Available applications are listed by type, and include Accounting, Franchise, Small Business and Non-Profit apps. Designed specifically for accountants, Payroll Relief offers anytime access along with mobile capability. Offered only ...

    Comment?

  17. New Charity Campaign Inaugurated by Stephanie Hebert Insurance Agency ...Read the original story w/Photo

    3 hrs ago | PRWeb

    As part of Stephanie Hebert Insurance Agency's community enrichment program, a new charity campaign is now active in support of southern Louisiana's at-risk children through Court Appointed Special Advocates . Understanding the challenges faced by the over-burdened juvenile justice and foster care systems, Stephanie Hebert Insurance Agency is helping CASA to drive the necessary resources to aid volunteers working on behalf of children's best interests.

    Comment?

  18. Legislature poised to make voter registration process more secureRead the original story

    3 hrs ago | Fraley's D a I L y T a K E S

    ... rolls in Wisconsin by enrolling the state into the Electronic Registration Information Center, or ERIC. ERIC is a non-profit organization run by a collection of 17 member states to share voter data securely. Although Wisconsin will continue to run ...

    Comment?

  19. On Philanthropy: Program related investments a key tool for philanthropic impact investorsRead the original story w/Photo

    3 hrs ago | The Wichita Eagle

    Increasingly, charitable donors are interested in "impact investing" with their philanthropically committed capital. They are seeking more creative ways to align their investments with their missions.

    Comment?

  20. Susan Tompor: Need to slash student debt? Watch out for rip-offsRead the original story w/Photo

    3 hrs ago | The Wichita Eagle

    Who would have thought you could run into a field of land mines just trying to slash a few bucks off your student loan payment each month? It's bad enough that many college grads and others who took out student loans find it tough to pay the bills. But increasingly, they must dodge bad actors trying to take advantage of their plight.

    Comment?