Come Work with Us
Whether your passion is French cuisine, family and parenting, or social technology, you can find the latest news and information - from mainstream media and bloggers - on Topix.
Topix is an alternative news site that aggregates news from 74,000 sources and 450,000+ news topics. With over 11.6 million US unique visitors a month, Topix offers local news and discussion forums in every U.S. city and town. The Topix audience consists of consumers who are engaged and passionate about hyper-local issues that directly affect the communities where they live.
We're expanding the concept of news to include blogs, comments, and forums. We're breathing life into local news, turning passive news into active dialogue.
To learn more about Topix, check out our blog, and peruse our open positions. If you like what you see, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the position name as the subject line.
Current Open Positions
We're looking for a creative, self-starting marketing professional to help drive traffic to our fast-growing new verticals focused on pop culture (offbeat.topix.com and stars.topix.com).
- Create ad copy and social media posts for some of the funniest, most addictive content on the web
- Manage a very large volume of Facebook advertising campaigns
- Develop and maintain advertising campaigns with partners like Taboola, Outbrain, etc
- Oversee our social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, and Instagram
- At least one years' experience managing paid Facebook advertising campaigns for content, including knowledge of targeting, testing custom audiences as well as lookalike audiences
- A love of statistics - you love digging into data to find out what is working and why
- Knowledge of pop culture and the social web
- Experience writing on entertainment or humor is a plus
- Meticulous editing and self-editing skills
- Must be detail-oriented so that you can produce perfect work at high speed under pressure
- Comfortable multi-tasking in a fast paced, start-up team environment
- Excellent collaboration, problem solving and communication skills; ability to work cross-functionally
- Sense of humor and strong work ethic
Perks of the job:
- Work with experienced, kickass writers, editors, and engineers
- Space to grow professionally in a small company with awesome co-workers
- Access to a fabulously-stocked kitchen and snack room
- Excellent benefits
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC