Local obituary notices in Aspen, CO
Yesterday | via The Aspen Times
The controversy over a trail through Verena Mallory Park on Smuggler Mountain became the subject of a lawsuit on Monday. The park's overlook and picnic table can be used regardless of the outcome, according to Aspen Valley Land Trust. Comment?
Monday | via Sedona Red Rock News
James Edward HeywoodJune 16, 2015 James Edward Heywood, of Sedona and Aspen, Colo., died June 16 in Sedona.After a fulfilling career with IBM, Ford and Silicon Valley companies, he taught wind surfing in San Francisco Bay, and sailed his ketch "Heyday" throughout the Caribbean. Comment?
Wednesday Aug 26 | via The Aspen Times
The tuba player, far right, Ben Darneille, and the trumpet player, in the middle, is Alex Greene. Both Aspen Music School students reportedly died Monday night in a car accident in Wyoming. Comment?
Friday Aug 14 | via The Aspen Times
Today's Ride for the Cure offers three different course options for participants: a 37-mile ride beginning at 9 a.m., a 62.5-mile ride beginning at 8 a.m., or a 100-mile ride starting at 7 a.m. A volunteer works a booth at last year's Ride and Race for the Cure. This year, a post-ride celebration will be held in Snowmass Base Village. Comment?
Monday Aug 3 | via The Washington Post
Richard Bass, a poetry-spouting Texas oilman who was the first climber to scale the highest peak on each of the seven continents and for a time was the oldest to top Mount Everest, died July 26 at his home in Dallas. He was 85. He had pulmonary fibrosis, according to a statement from Snowbird, the Utah ski resort Mr. Bass started in 1971 and owned until 2014. Comment?
Jul 30, 2015 | via The Grand Junction Sentinel
Rifle City Councilor Dirk Myers died Thursday of a massive heart attack in his home, Rifle officials said. He was 61. Myers, who was elected to the Rifle City Council in 2013, was a recent resident to town, previously living in Aspen and Carbondale. Comment?
Jul 28, 2015 | via Denver Post
A Flight for Life helicopter flies near Maroon Lake Wednesday morning where two people were found dead in their tent from carbon monoxide poisoning. Pitkin County officials say a Colorado Springs man and his 13-year-old son found dead in a tent at the Maroon Bells earlier this month died from carbon monoxide poisoning. Comment?
More local obituaries
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC