News on Fire continually updated from thousands of sources around the net.
1 hr ago | WHAS11
A Northern California wildfire has been contained after destroying a forest cabin, damaging five other homes and forcing about 50 people to evacuate.
5 hrs ago | Sthelensstar.co.uk
A BLAZE at a rugby club is being treated as a suspected arson attack following the findings of an investigation, say Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service.
9 hrs ago | The Daily Breeze
Orange County authorities say a 27-year-old man arrested while holding a lighter at the scene of a commercial fire in Dana Point has posted bail and was released.
12 hrs ago | Cybercast News Service
Crews battling a wildfire in a far Northern California forest that has led to the evacuation of 250 homes are bracing for warmer, dryer weather.
16 hrs ago | WHNZ-AM Tampa
A fire in a New Jersey home this weekend appears to have started when a dog turned on the stove, police say, per the Asbury Park Press.
20 hrs ago | Blackburn Citizen
Three crews - two from Hyndburn and one from Blackburn - attended the blaze at Springhill Care Home in Fairfield Street, Accrington, at 6.35pm.
According to scanner traffic, the blaze - first reported on I Street - started around 2 p.m. was threatening the Arcata Marsh Interpretive Center on G Street.
According to a press release, the owner of the house at 22 Chestnut St. noticed smoke in the hallway around 4:30 a.m. He checked the garage and found severe heat and more smoke, then went back to the house to wake his family and get everbody outside.
About three dozen cows were killed and three firefighters suffered minor injuries Friday afternoon in a fire that destroyed a barn on Alburg Road in the town of Moira.
It is thought the two casualties may be firework technicians who had been booked to stage an evening display at a luxury property in Ecclerigg, Cumbria, off the shore of Lake Windermere.
A WOMAN was left with severe burns to her face, arms and chest after she attempted to tackle a chip pan fire.
Firefighters are battling a two-alarm fire in a building near New York's Times Square that's home to a popular Irish pub.
Norman Desumala and his brother-in-law were changing the oil in their cars Saturday afternoon at Desumala's uncle's garage in Japantown when they heard a series of loud bangs.
A southeast Kentucky man is dead and State Police investigators are calling the blaze at the home where he was found an arson.
A fire broke out in a home on Norwood Drive on Friday night after a dog accidentally turned on a stove which then burnt a laptop that was on top of the stove, police said.
Police say a New Jersey family's dog turned on the stove, which caught the laptop resting on the burner on fire and sent smoke through the roof.
Caption: 2 DIE IN APARTMENT HOUSE FIRE Smoke rises from 3rd floor apartment after fire swept through the one unit.
Updated: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:38 pm
Copyright © 2014 Topix LLC