Thursday May 16
MLM Business Opportunities Blog
The Man Who Created Nachos
During World War II, wives of American military officers who lived at the Eagle Pass.
Tue May 14, 2013
OFAC Kingpin Designations
Treasury today designated Mexican national Alfredo Andrade Parra under the Foreign Narcotics Kingpin Designation Act for international narcotics trafficking and for his links to Los Zetas.
Sat May 11, 2013
Asylum requests from Mexico triple, but odds of success not good
Bety and her three children fled violence in cartel-controlled Mexico and also domestic violence within her own home.
Fri May 10, 2013
Mother's Day in Mexico: Time to reflect on missing children
Hundreds of mothers marched through central Mexico City on Friday, marking Mexican Mother's Day with demands that the federal government take the cases of their loved ones seriously.
NADB to finance nearly $45 million worth of U.S.-Mexico border projects
The Border Environment Cooperation Commission and the North American Development Bank have approved $44.59 million in financing for six new infrastructure projects along the U.S.-Mexico border region.
Thu May 09, 2013
Shooting at Governor's Palace in Saltillo, Mexico Leaves 6 Injured
Five guards and a state employee were wounded when a subject opened fire Thursday outside the Governor's Palace in Saltillo , the capital of the northern Mexican state of Coahuila, officials said.
Wed May 08, 2013
La Rosa, an Iowa Classic
People wait in long lines at La Rosa for holiday tamales. La Rosa, 2312 Forest Ave., 255-9520, open Wednesday - Monday 10 a.m. - 9 p.m. La Rosa opened 10 years ago.
Tue May 07, 2013
OMA Reports a 5.9% Increase in April 2013 Passenger Traffic
Mexican airport operator Grupo Aeroportuario del Centro Norte, S.A.B. de C.V., known as OMA , reports that terminal passenger traffic at its 13 airports increased 5.9% in April 2013, as compared to April 2012.
Comodity Nachos Invented in Texas: Now They're Absolutely Everywhere.
Every now and then Food & Think, the edacious blog of Smithsonian Magazine , delves deep into the history of some food thing and the results are usually good.
Coahuila Disasters - Nasa Develop: Piedras Negras
Coahuila, one of the 32 Federal Entities of Mexico, shares a border with the U.S. for a 512-kilometer stretch along the Rio Bravo, also known as the Rio Grande.
Sun May 05, 2013
Asylum requests from Mexico triple, but chances aren't good
Bety fled into Dallas with her three children as though Satan chased her. The 28-year-old from Mexico says her husband is a member of the brutal binational criminal organization known as the Zetas.
Sat May 04, 2013
Palace - XV
This is the first of two panels, featuring the same subject, that decorated the south side of the tower at the palace.
Fri May 03, 2013
Radio, Television Announcer Missing in Northern Mexico
Padilla Blanquet works for Radio Grande de Coahuila, whose director has received threats on numerous occasions and was beaten a few months ago.
Thu May 02, 2013
Photo Release -- Santo Mining Corp to Start Producing Gold & Silver
Pursuant to the 15 year Agreement, the Concessionaire will receive a 40% of any royalty from the Concessions and the Company will keep the remaining 60%. The Concessions total more than 7.27 square kilometers and have been assayed for Gold and Silver with impressive grades.
Wed May 01, 2013
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with nachos, the ultimate cheesy snack
Serving both as a comfort food and guilty pleasure, and beyond wonderful, nachos have been elevated from chips smothered in neon yellow gooey cheese to something you could feature at a grown-up dinner party.
A-B InBev launches tender offer for Grupo Modelo
Anheuser-Busch InBev announced Wednesday that a subsidiary has commenced its planned tender offer of $9.15 a share in cash for the half of Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo that it doesn't already own.
Green Bay Press-Gazette
There has been a parade of restaurants that have tried to make a go of it at the corner of Thomas and 10th Street.
Fri Apr 26, 2013
Prosecution witnesses in Zetas trial face murder charges, defense says
Two inmates who have testified in the trial of five men accused of money laundering for the vicious Zetas cartel have outstanding warrants for kidnapping and murder charges in Mexico, defense attorneys said Thursday in an Austin federal court.
Groups Sue to Block Maverick County Coal Mine
In a broad-based legal challenge to the operation of a large coal strip mine just upriver from Eagle Pass, five Maverick County entities have filed lawsuits in state district court in Austin.
Thu Apr 25, 2013
Newspaper photographer and another young man found dead in northern Mexico
The hacked-up bodies of a newspaper photographer and another young man have been found in the northern Mexico city of Saltillo, the newspaper Vanguardia reported Thursday.