News from the SNJ archives
The last goods train pulled out of the old LMS station in Stroud on June 1, 1966, consisting of 12 trucks and a diesel shunter. Opened in 1867, the line was intended to serve the cloth mills in the area and connect Nailsworth to Stroud and Stonehouse.
Start the conversation, or Read more at Stroudnewsand Journal.
Copyright © 2018 Topix LLC