Send a Message
to Martin P Black

Comments

8

Joined

Feb 16, 2012

Martin P Black Profile

Forums Owned

Recent Posts

Search for Essex lion called off

It was a cat and it was quite big - but not a lion. just an oversized domestic cat against a backdrop of a harvested field. The relationship between the cut wheat & cat exaggerated the perceived size of the animal.....Unlike those mentioned in my book - beast, The beast of Essex.  (Aug 30, 2012 | post #4)

Chelmsford, MA

my wife refuses to get a job!

I'm not sure I would :-) Actually, I do help out quite a bit at weekends but during the week, it's just down to timing and commuting - she loves me!  (Feb 29, 2012 | post #91)

Chelmsford, MA

Do you remember????

You had WOOLWORTHS in Chelmsford in America??? I thought that was a purely British thing. Anyhow, we had one and it's gone too. They've all gone. Bet you never had 'The Regent Cinema' which is now a Chicago Rock Cafe :-)  (Feb 28, 2012 | post #15961)

Chelmsford, MA

my wife refuses to get a job!

My wife holds down a full time job and then comes home and cooks a meal for me and the three children. She also does 90% of the washing, cleaning and ironing (the other 10% done by the hired hand). Don't get me wrong, I help out wherever possible but must admit, She's pretty damned good. Guess I'm the lucky one :-)  (Feb 28, 2012 | post #89)

Chelmsford, MA

Drinking Age - Chelmsford, MA

The age is 18 in Chelmsford in the UK (where I live) - Binge drinking in town on a Fri/Sat night leads to some disgraceful behaviour. At 21 the kids may have calmed down a little?!  (Feb 28, 2012 | post #1)

Chelmsford, MA

Chelmsfordians - Beast of Essex - UK

I live in Chelmsford in the county of Essex in the UK. I am the author of ‘Beast – The Beast of Essex’ a book which has recently been published on Amazon. The book is based upon my real life experiences living and working in Essex. The story builds around the big cat sightings in our county. The story is an interesting one and may of interest to the people of Chelmsford and Essex County USA just to see what life is like in Chelmsford, Essex in the UK :-) The website has more info. www.beast-home.co. uk Let me know what you think. E-mail~ [email protected] .co.uk  (Feb 20, 2012 | post #2)

Weird

Man Found Alive After 2-Months in Snow-Buried Car

Not possible - unless he ate the carpets.  (Feb 20, 2012 | post #1)

Chelmsford, MA

Chelmsfordians - Beast of Essex - UK

My name is Martin Black and I live in Chelmsford in the county of Essex in the UK. I am the author of ‘Beast – The Beast of Essex’ a book which has recently been published on Amazon. http://www.amazon. co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ noss?url=search-al ias%3Daps&fiel d-keywords=beast+o f+essex The book is a novel based upon my real life experiences living and working in Essex. The story builds around the big cat sightings in our county. It draws upon factual information and eye witness accounts extracted from local and national newspaper/magazine articles and web based forums. It is only short (49,000 words) and sells in the US for $2.00. Would you be interested in running a feature? The story is an interesting one and may interest the people of Chelmsford and Essex County USA to see what life is like in Chelmsford in the County of Essex UK :-) I have set up a website www.beast-home.co. uk to publicise the novel and to allow people to contact me and get more information about the book and its content. The site also has links to Facebook and Twitter accounts. Hoping to hear from some of you soon. Regards, Martin P Black. Web~ www.beast-home.co. uk E-mail~ [email protected] .co.uk Twitter~ @beast_home  (Feb 16, 2012 | post #1)

Q & A with Martin P Black

Headline:

Always bet on BLACK :-D

Hometown:

Chelmsford UK

Neighborhood:

Newlandspring

Local Favorites:

The Shajan, The Wheatsheaf, Hylands House, the Kebab and calculator.

I Belong To:

My wife - mostly!

When I'm Not on Topix:

I'm on my bike riding around the Essex countryside

Read My Forum Posts Because:

Alternative Chelmsford - Essex

I'm Listening To:

Skrillex

Read This Book:

Beast - the Beast of Essex

Favorite Things:

Women, music, photography, beer (real ale not that blonde fizzy rubbish) Curry, tea, science and nature, being British

On My Mind:

Black holes - I still don't get how they work.

Blog / Website / Homepage:

www.beast-home.co.uk

I Believe In:

Honesty - having fun - enjoying life while you can.