Trayvon Martin Debate - Pittsburgh, PA

Discuss the national Trayvon Martin debate in Pittsburgh, PA.

What's your reaction to the Trayvon Martin Case?

Pittsburgh thinks we need more info
We need more info
 
9
It's a tragic a...
 
2
It's racial inj...
 
2
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Joe Betz

Monroeville, PA

#1 Mar 26, 2012
If it were a white being shot by a white, there would be no ruckus.
chuck

Tampa, FL

#2 Mar 26, 2012
It hasn't even gone to court-I thought a person is innocent till proven guilty
Mike Anthony

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Mar 26, 2012
Exactly!!! Now the "new" black panthers have a bounty for the INNOCENT man's life!! If a black shot a white, you would never see whites protest like this. The blacks love to play the race card.
Just Saying

Perryopolis, PA

#4 Mar 26, 2012
Joe Betz wrote:
If it were a white being shot by a white, there would be no ruckus.
And the shooter would have been arrested and an immediate investigation begun, not a catch-up effort undertaken weeks later. The DA should have decided if the case met the standards of the law, not a cop on the beat.
Just Saying

Perryopolis, PA

#5 Mar 26, 2012
chuck wrote:
It hasn't even gone to court-I thought a person is innocent till proven guilty
Hasn't gone to court yet? How would that happen? No one was even charged to be tried... that's the point here!
Just Saying

Perryopolis, PA

#6 Mar 26, 2012
Mike Anthony wrote:
If a black shot a white, you would never see whites protest like this. The blacks love to play the race card.
Of course not, you idiot... the black man would have been arrested and probably charged! That's the point here, ya' putz!
Alex

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 Mar 26, 2012
Joe Betz I agree with you 100%.
It angered me when I heard Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson want to hold a ralley in Florida. And now new info says hey this Trayvon is just like the rest of them. PS. Pittsburgh and outlying counties are rational and see the "big picture" its not that were racist.
Alex

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 Mar 26, 2012
black people are idiots, if a white kid was shot us whites wouldn't bitch and moan like idiots over it. We would just mourn the loss.
Just Saying

Perryopolis, PA

#9 Mar 26, 2012
Alex wrote:
black people are idiots, if a white kid was shot us whites wouldn't bitch and moan like idiots over it. We would just mourn the loss.
Bullsh*t! If my child was gunned down, unarmed, while walking home, and the police failed even to conduct the most rudimentary investigation, I would not simply mourn him quietly. I, and my family and my friends would cry out against that injustice without rest until it was redressed. Only a fool, or worse, a coward, would "just mourn the loss."
Stormiest

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Mar 26, 2012
While holding them accountable to bring about justice, we need to allow the police & law enforcement officials to complete their investigation & judge the shooter in a court of law. Vigilante justice doesn't work well in either direction.
Mike Anthony

Pittsburgh, PA

#11 Mar 27, 2012
Exactly! Turns out now that this innocent kid is a punk who got in trouble at school. There are 2 sides to every story. Innocent until proven quilty! Sick of these BLACK protests!!!
Just Saying

Perryopolis, PA

#12 Mar 27, 2012
Stormiest wrote:
While holding them accountable to bring about justice, we need to allow the police & law enforcement officials to complete their investigation & judge the shooter in a court of law. Vigilante justice doesn't work well in either direction.
How incredibly naive... or perhaps, disingenuous. The fact the police did not conduct that investigation until weeks after the shooting, and only after a public outcry is why there IS protest.
Jman

Pittsburgh, PA

#13 Mar 27, 2012
There must have been a reason why the cops didn't charge Zimmerman -
Jman - sharp as stone ax

Perryopolis, PA

#14 Mar 27, 2012
Jman wrote:
There must have been a reason why the cops didn't charge Zimmerman -
Wow! No sh*t, sherlock! Unfortunately, a number of possibilities reflect poorly on a wide range of people, including the Florida legislature who crafted this dangerous law.
Mike Anthony

Pittsburgh, PA

#15 Mar 27, 2012
I tired of BLACKS whining about unfair police practices, "no justice-no peace" LOL.
civilized citizen

West Mifflin, PA

#16 Mar 28, 2012
A group of North Miami Beach Senior High School students participating in a walk-out demonstration in support of Trayvon Martin were caught ransacking a local Walgreens store. Surveillance footage shows the teens (somewhere between 80 and 100, according to police) running through the store and ransacking shelves.

So, this is how the black communities wants to handle this? I guess I need to take a trip to Anthony Arms for some supplies.
Eric

Pottsville, PA

#17 Mar 28, 2012
"I need more info " was the closest to "I don't care" Tired of the whole story. ANOTHER O.J. Simpson case in reverse.
Mike Anthony

Pittsburgh, PA

#18 Mar 29, 2012
Who cares about this punk black kid. The BLACKS love to use stuff like this to promote their BLACK agenda. Whites don't protest and riot when a white person is shot by a black which happens a lot more often!!!
Just Saying

Perryopolis, PA

#19 Mar 29, 2012
Mike Anthony wrote:
Who cares about this punk black kid. The BLACKS love to use stuff like this to promote their BLACK agenda. Whites don't protest and riot when a white person is shot by a black which happens a lot more often!!!
No, they would simply don the white hoods and lynch the first black man they encounter.
Mike Anthony

Pittsburgh, PA

#20 Mar 29, 2012
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they would simply don the white hoods and lynch the first black man they encounter.
Great idea!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsburgh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do YOU know Douglas Clark? 14 hr DOUGLAS CLARK 36
another reason not to vote left Sun iTakeBigDumps 1
Ham radio problems (Dec '07) Sat Karma 11
doggie heaven and bagpipes (Jan '14) Dec 18 nominated_1 2
Review: Always Towing (May '14) Dec 18 Main 7
Police protesters march from Oakland to South S... Dec 17 bacon hater 37
Cops: Homeowner shot man trying to take downspouts Dec 17 Old Cynic 1
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]