Ryan Medicare Plan Debate - Birmingham, AL
Discuss the national Ryan Medicare Plan debate in Birmingham, AL.
Do you support Republican Paul Ryan's plan for Medicare?
#1 Jun 7, 2011
YES!! He is trying to save Medicare,not let it die an agonizing death.
“Here i go!”
Since: Mar 11
#2 Jul 2, 2011
This plan is stupid. Plan-voodoo. Economic growth can only happen with the help of competent planning and allocation. Americans should reduce their consumption. They should live modestly. You also need to develop all sectors of the economy. The government should support the poor and the rich limit. Paul Ryan's plan is to hope for a miracle.
#3 Sep 27, 2011
Paul Ryan is a devotee to the Atheist author, and philosopher Ayn Rand. Ayn Rand despised Social Security, Medicare, and Unemployment Insurance, and wanted them all abolished. Ayn Rand said, "Social Security and Unemplyment Insurance are hammocks that the people relax in, and these programs encourage laziness and a reluctance to work in the people. Tell that to your 80 year old Grandpa.
Search; Paul Ryan - Ayn Rand
Search; Catholic Paul Ryan worships atheist Ayn Rand
Search; Christians attack Paul Ryan
Since: Aug 12
#4 Aug 19, 2012
obama care is not about your health care,its about making every citizen of the US property of the government,you will be fined for not buying a certain kind of stove or fined for not going to a center that obumer deems benefitual to you,its like living in russia when the wall was up .look there's 161 tyranny countries on this Earth. these people in the US can go to and live there ,but they won't go. I will donate for the plane and/or ship ticket for them to live in those countries. the world is full of those depressed countries.
Their all pampered brats that have never left the US,to visit tyranny countries ,and how their citizens are depressed Topix states not to use harrse language,but there's no other way to put it,there's a guy in the white house taking away your freedom .Just look and read what he's said and done in the past 4 years.
#5 Oct 1, 2012
The GOP, Ryan and Karl pretend those 55 and over can keep traditional Medicare. It is a malicious lie intended to divide the old from the young and while gutting the entire program. They know that. This is the truth about privatizing Medicare.
1. Any insurance plan relies on younger, healthier subscribers’ premiums to pay for the less healthy older subscribers. The younger usually need less care.
2. By giving the younger seniors a voucher, the GOP effectively siphoning off funding in the form of vouchers for younger seniors, the GOP de-facto defund traditional Medicare and cause the system to collapse financially. So, no, older seniors cannot “keep it.” It won’t be there.
3. For those currently under 55, it would no longer BE Medicare, but rather private insurance. Thus the end of Medicare as we know it for the younger seniors too.
4. Medicare was designed because of the failure of the private system to properly cover seniors.
5. With the profit motive, health care will cost more and seniors won’t be able to buy it on the “open” market.
6. Seniors who can afford it at first, also won’t be able to afford the ever-rising cost of private insurance.
7. The GOP won’t protect people against discriminatory insurance practices regarding pre-existing conditions. They will revoke “Obama Care,” remember?
Medicare, the $716 Billion Dollar Lie, and Paul Ryan’s First Week
Add your comments below
|The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10)||Wed||Alberto||19,592|
|Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10)||Wed||thetruth||103|
|millwall johnny anything goes||Jan 23||Johnny||1|
|Hello Everyone,||Jan 19||Mrs Cara||1|
|Very bad mechanic||Jan 19||bamalover||2|
|City of Foley buys 89 acres at Blue Collar Coun...||Jan 18||Iamangttia||1|
|Cullen & Katie the vloggers||Jan 15||Anonymous||1|
Find what you want!
Search Birmingham Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC