Romney-Ryan Debate - Pittsburgh, PA

Discuss the national Romney-Ryan debate in Pittsburgh, PA.

Are you happy that Romney picked Paul Ryan as his VP?

Pittsburgh is happy with the Ryan pick.
Yes
 
8
Don't care
 
2
No
 
1

Vote now in Pittsburgh:

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#70 Nov 4, 2012
..Mitt Romney's job plan for americans.... www.bainport.com ..is it for you?...
Mike Anthony sux

Pittsburgh, PA

#71 Nov 8, 2012
Mike Anthonysux wrote:
I agree with Mike! F@gshoes is an idiot!
The idiot Mike Anthony should at least try to spell my screen name correctly if he's gonna hijack it! What a frigging moron!
Mike Anthony sux

Pittsburgh, PA

#72 Nov 8, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
..Mitt Romney's job plan for americans.... www.bainport.com ..is it for you?...
Fortunately, all of Willie Romney's plans are now utterly irrelevant!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#73 Nov 8, 2012
Mike Anthony sux wrote:
<quoted text>
Fortunately, all of Willie Romney's plans are now utterly irrelevant!
Thank God and Obama's RE-election machine...very impressive.....Something curious...i felt all along the last couple weeks, Fox was using an issue to effect the election....So, yesterday, i listened to Fox for like, 5-6 straight hours, and they did'nt mention, Benghazi once......wonder, if it had a negative effect?
Mike Anthony sux

Pittsburgh, PA

#74 Nov 9, 2012
Obama kicked azzes and took names! Can we now delete all references to da losers- Twit Romney and "pretty-boy" Ryan- from TOPIX?
mnm

Wyoming, MI

#75 Nov 16, 2012
Now McCain is a crybaby. One embassy attack. 7 during the Bush years.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#76 Nov 16, 2012
mnm wrote:
Now McCain is a crybaby. One embassy attack. 7 during the Bush years.
Notice, after he mouthed off, on television yesterday, blaming the President.....McCain did'nt have the balls to even show up at the congressional hearing, today...what a Wad....
Truth

Pittsburgh, PA

#78 Nov 24, 2012
With a bit of luck, the failed Romney campaign also demonstrated that Paul Ryan really isn't much more qualified to be President than Sarah Palin was... or that much smarter, either!
suck it up cupcakes

United States

#79 Nov 24, 2012
Truth wrote:
With a bit of luck, the failed Romney campaign also demonstrated that Paul Ryan really isn't much more qualified to be President than Sarah Palin was... or that much smarter, either!
You got that right. She showed what she was made of. A gimmic for the womens vote and to build steam for the tea baggers. Blew up in their face.
Then she quits on the people of Alaska for self gain.
There are actually people who still think she is it ! LMAO.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#80 Nov 25, 2012
Truth wrote:
With a bit of luck, the failed Romney campaign also demonstrated that Paul Ryan really isn't much more qualified to be President than Sarah Palin was... or that much smarter, either!
Sarah Palin was just an idiot.....Paul Ryan has shown he is a traitor....Him and other House republicans have actually, consciously blocked important bills, that would have sped up our country's economic recovery.....all to make the President look bad and win this election...They did'nt care what the effect would be for the american people, at all.....
Romnesia

Akron, OH

#81 Nov 25, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Sarah Palin was just an idiot.....Paul Ryan has shown he is a traitor....Him and other House republicans have actually, consciously blocked important bills, that would have sped up our country's economic recovery.....all to make the President look bad and win this election...They did'nt care what the effect would be for the american people, at all.....
Honestly ! Wow. What a dick. Typical republican.
O Kunta

North Port, FL

#82 Nov 25, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Community College Of Allegheny County announced last week that it will be cutting the hours of some adjunct faculty members to avoid the costs of Obamacare.

According to InsideHigherEd.com , the move will save the school $6 million when the Affordable Care Act is fully implemented in January 2014.

College President Alex Johnson said in an e-mail to faculty and staff members last week,“As you probably know, the Affordable Care Act has redefined full-time employees as those working 30 hours or more per week. As a result, the college must adjust hours of some temporary part-time employees and adjuncts to comply with the new legislation’s conception of part-time employment.”

Adjuncts previously capped at 12 credits per semester will now only get a maximum of ten. Temporary part-time employees will now be limited to working only 25 hours per week.

As IHE observed, this is a double whammy for the adjunct faculty because it eliminates any hope of them getting health insurance from the school while also reducing their income.
College spokesman David Hoovler told IHE by email,“Our preference certainly would be to extend health coverage to all of these individuals. However, we are simply unable to afford the significant cost at this time.”Matt Williams, vice president of the New Faculty Majority, a national coalition for adjunct faculty, told IHE that CCAC's move is the first he’s heard of, but he doesn't rule out other institutions doing the same.
As such, despite repeatedly claiming on the campaign trail that America needs more teachers, President Obama's signature piece of legislation appears likely to reduce that number when it comes to higher education.
Ryanaise-goes with nothin

Cleveland, OH

#83 Nov 25, 2012
He definitely help college students his first term.
O Kunta

North Port, FL

#84 Nov 25, 2012
Thats great but the teachers and emplyees of the universities are getting their hours and benefits cut. A complete contradictaryof obama wanting more teachers. What a joke!!!
Ryanaise-goes with nothin wrote:
He definitely help college students his first term.
gshoes

Pittsburgh, PA

#85 Nov 25, 2012
So let me get this straight. The insurance rates aren't going up at all so nothing would change for the university but the university could save money by screwing their employees and this is obamas fault......how?
Reality

Pittsburgh, PA

#86 Nov 25, 2012
O Kunta wrote:
Thats great but the teachers and emplyees of the universities are getting their hours and benefits cut. A complete contradictaryof obama wanting more teachers. What a joke!!!<quoted text>
Actually, azzwipe, the reduction is in hours per employee, not total hours, which is dependent primarily upon student demand and available classrooms.
O Kunta

North Port, FL

#87 Nov 25, 2012
Oh is that how it works.. You MUST BE a authority on obamacare.. MORON...
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, azzwipe, the reduction is in hours per employee, not total hours, which is dependent primarily upon student demand and available classrooms.
Milk of Romnesia

Grafton, OH

#88 Nov 25, 2012
What Ryan drinks.
O Kunta

North Port, FL

#89 Nov 25, 2012
It does not have to be obamas fault. The fact that obamacare has been implemented gives universities and employers all over the country a excuse to cut hours and healthcare benefits for the common man whether it be right or wrong. The fact is that the cost of everything will continue to raise because of this action while our paychecks stay the same.
gshoes wrote:
So let me get this straight. The insurance rates aren't going up at all so nothing would change for the university but the university could save money by screwing their employees and this is obamas fault......how?
Reality

Pittsburgh, PA

#90 Nov 25, 2012
O Kunta wrote:
Oh is that how it works.. You MUST BE a authority on obamacare.. MORON...<quoted text>
Wow, azzwipe, you certainly are an inarticulate, angry little white boy when your bigoted foolishness is challenged! The day of the poor, dumb white trash is fast fading, fool... generational and demographic change will overwhelm you sooner than you think. Time to wise up, and grow up, putz!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsburgh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man shot dead outside Homewood businesses 10 hr Homo Erectus 8
best places to live right outside of pittsburg? (Jul '14) 17 hr Harley Rider 12
Priest aims to find Catholic mission church per... (Jul '09) 19 hr Anonymous 53
looking to start a motorcycle club this summer. Fri Harley Rider 2
Hotel Monaco opens in downtown Pittsburgh Fri Pittsburgher 1
Crafton police officer charged in hit-and-run (Jul '09) Fri The woman in the ... 7,483
Pittsburgh CB Radio Problems Fri Homo Erectus 3
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]