Romney-Ryan Debate - Mountain City, TN

Discuss the national Romney-Ryan debate in Mountain City, TN.

Are you happy that Romney picked Paul Ryan as his VP?

Mountain City is happy with the Ryan pick.
Yes
 
15
No
 
8
Don't care
 
3

Vote now in Mountain City:

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#84 Oct 6, 2012
IKHW, this is for you, so you won't be mean to me anymore! If you're Female, I'm in so much trouble... LMAO!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#85 Oct 6, 2012
Well, now my feelings are just hurt. It's been an hour and IKHW is still "snubbing" me...and after I made that Peace Offering, too!:(
elle1

Johnson City, TN

#86 Oct 6, 2012
Sassy, the funniest thing you ever said to him was the "show pony" remark! Wish I could remember where it was or his particular outrageous remarks, but he had just had the best time, at someone's expense, of course. lol

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#87 Oct 6, 2012
elle1 wrote:
Sassy, the funniest thing you ever said to him was the "show pony" remark! Wish I could remember where it was or his particular outrageous remarks, but he had just had the best time, at someone's expense, of course. lol
He was in a good mood, I thought, and he was showing his brilliance in every Post. He brought a smile to my face with everything he said (shush, don't tell him I said that, Lol), and just seemed to be on top of his game, that day. That's why I made the comment.
I don't remember what thread it was on , either, but if I find it, I'll let you know.
It's a pity that he doesn't like me because I admire him greatly. But, I'll live! Lol!
You know that he doesn't like me because of my Politics and because I "dared" to diagree with him, one time...just one time! lol! Did I mention that he's alittle arrogant, too? I committed the "unpardonable sin", in his eyes, I guess. He doesn't know how lucky he is that it was ONLY one time, that's practically unheard of, for me! LMAO! And then, he called me a fancy word for a "spit pot", can you believe that??? LMAO! But, I still love him, anyway! lol!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#88 Oct 6, 2012
elle1 wrote:
Sassy, the funniest thing you ever said to him was the "show pony" remark! Wish I could remember where it was or his particular outrageous remarks, but he had just had the best time, at someone's expense, of course. lol
I found it, elle, it's on the, "Does Your Heart Hurt?" Thread, Page #3, Post #46.:)
elle1

Johnson City, TN

#89 Oct 6, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I found it, elle, it's on the, "Does Your Heart Hurt?" Thread, Page #3, Post #46.:)
Funny remark, but more women before you have tried...well, whatever they were trying! You trust me by now, I believe, to warn you away with understatement, but we can still enjoy a lot of ha-ha moments from a forever detached Ikhw.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#90 Oct 6, 2012
elle1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny remark, but more women before you have tried...well, whatever they were trying! You trust me by now, I believe, to warn you away with understatement, but we can still enjoy a lot of ha-ha moments from a forever detached Ikhw.
elle, I just now noticed that you aren't registered, anymore, when I started to send you a PM. So, I'll just have to say it on here.
Trust me, elle, I admire his/her intelligence, but that's as far as it goes. You do realize that if IKHW and I ever met, they're would probably be a "killing", within 15 mins. of that meeting! Lol! I'm joking , of course, it's just my way of saying that we couldn't get along for even 15 minutes in the same confined space, IMO! Intellectual admiration is one thing, Personal interaction is something entirely different! So, not to worry, elle, it ain't gonna happen! lol!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#91 Oct 6, 2012
Girl, you have to register because we have to talk! Lol!
Politically Incorrect

Johnson City, TN

#92 Oct 7, 2012
PAUL RYAN'S PROPOSED BUDGET CUTS
A List of Republican Budget Cuts
Notice S.S. and the military are NOT on this list.
These are all the programs that the new Republican House has proposed cutting. Read to the end.
* Corporation for Public Broadcasting Subsidy --$445 million annual savings.
* Save America 's Treasures Program --$25 million annual savings.
* International Fund for Ireland --$17 million annual savings.
* Legal Services Corporation --$420 million annual savings.
* National Endowment for the Arts --$167.5 million annual savings.
* National Endowment for the Humanities --$167.5 million annual savings.
* Hope VI Program --$250 million annual savings.
* Amtrak Subsidies --$1.565 billion annual savings.
* Eliminate duplicating education programs -- H.R. 2274 (in last Congress), authored by Rep. McKeon, eliminates 68 at a savings of $1.3 billion annually.
* U.S. Trade Development Agency --$55 million annual savings.
* Woodrow Wilson Center Subsidy --$20 million annual savings.
* Cut in half funding for congressional printing and binding --$47 million annual savings.
* John C. Stennis Center Subsidy --$430,000 annual savings.
* Community Development Fund --$4.5 billion annual savings.
* Heritage Area Grants and Statutory Aid --$24 million annual savings.
* Cut Federal Travel Budget in Half --$7.5 billion annual savings
* Trim Federal Vehicle Budget by 20%--$600 million annual savings.
* Essential Air Service --$150 million annual savings.
* Technology Innovation Program --$70 million annual savings.
* Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) Program --$125 million annual savings..
* Department of Energy Grants to States for Weatherization --$530 million annual savings.
* Beach Replenishment --$95 million annual savings.
* New Starts Transit --$2 billion annual savings.
Exchange Programs for Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, and Their Historical Trading Partners in Massachusetts --$9 million annual savings
* Intercity and High Speed Rail Grants --$2.5 billion annual savings.
* Title X Family Planning --$318 million annual savings.
* Appalachian Regional Commission --$76 million annual savings.
* Economic Development Administration --$293 million annual savings.
* Programs under the National and Community Services Act --$1.15 billion annual savings.
* Applied Research at Department of Energy --$1.27 billion annual savings.
* Freedom CAR and Fuel Partnership --$200 million annual savings..
* Energy Star Program --$52 million annual savings.
*Economic Assistance to Egypt --$250 million annually.
* U.S.Agency for International Development --$1.39 billion annual savings.
* General Assistance to District of Columbia --$210 million annual savings.
Politically Incorrect

Johnson City, TN

#93 Oct 7, 2012
* Subsidy for Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority --$150 million annual savings.
*Presidential Campaign Fund --$775 million savings over ten years.
* No funding for federal office space acquisition --$864 million annual savings.
* End prohibitions on competitive sourcing of government services.
* Repeal the Davis-Bacon Act -- More than $1 billion annually.
* IRS Direct Deposit: Require the IRS to deposit fees for some services it offers (such as processing payment plans for taxpayers) to the Treasury, instead of allowing it to remain as part of its budget --$1.8 billion savings over ten years.
*Require collection of unpaid taxes by federal employees --$1 billion total savings.WHAT THE HELL IS THISABOUT?
* Prohibit taxpayer funded union activities by federal employees --$1.2 billion savings over ten years.
* Sell excess federal properties the government does not make use of --$15 billion total savings.
*Eliminate death gratuity for Members of Congress.WHAT???
* Eliminate Mohair Subsidies --$1 million annual savings.
*Eliminate taxpayer subsidies to the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change --$12.5 million annual savings WELL ISN'T THAT SPECIAL
* Eliminate Market Access Program --$200 million annual savings.
* USDA Sugar Program --$14 million annual savings.
* Subsidy to Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)--$93 million annual savings.
* Eliminate the National Organic Certification Cost-Share Program --$56.2 million annual savings.
*Eliminate fund for Obamacare administrative costs--$900 million savings.
* Ready to Learn TV Program --$27 million savings..
* HUD Ph.D. Program.
* Deficit Reduction Check-Off Act.
*TOTAL SAVINGS:$2.5 Trillion over Ten Years
My question is, what is all this doing in the budget in the first place?
Maybe this is why the Democrats are attacking Paul Ryan..
Please send to everyone you know..

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#94 Oct 7, 2012
I'll bet that you have a Master Plan to end Global Warming, too...and just about as much knowledge as to what causes it.

May I suggest, since I'm sure this is a Teapublican Mass Email message, that you take each thing listed in your Post, item by item, and research WHY each one is in place or allowed...and the consequences of removing it.
Understanding both of these things would be essential to a reasonable-thinking Person before they advocate, or even know, whether removing and/or changing them would be the best thing to do. Wouldn't you agree?
Politically Incorrect

Johnson City, TN

#95 Oct 8, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
I'll bet that you have a Master Plan to end Global Warming, too...and just about as much knowledge as to what causes it.
May I suggest, since I'm sure this is a Teapublican Mass Email message, that you take each thing listed in your Post, item by item, and research WHY each one is in place or allowed...and the consequences of removing it.
Understanding both of these things would be essential to a reasonable-thinking Person before they advocate, or even know, whether removing and/or changing them would be the best thing to do. Wouldn't you agree?
I have a better idea. Perhaps you should research and defend each item if you feel that Ryan is wanting to defund something that is necessary. You once said that foreign aid is necessary to (paraphrasing here)'to grease the wheels and keep those foreigners fat and happy.' That is akin to giving the playground bully your lunch money every day to keep him from rearranging your face. It doesn't work on the playground and it shouldn't be part of the foreign policy for America.

I do not want to have ongoing conversations with you. I hate that you go on every single topic thread in the Mountain City forum and try to hijack the thread, however it does go a long ways to explain your adoration of "the one." Both of you are as narcissistic as they come. It ain't all about you and none of us care what your 'humble opinion' is, which by the way, there isn't a humble bone in your body. IMHO

Take it on down the road.

PS - who taught you how to capitalize what words and when, when writing down your thoughts?

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#96 Oct 8, 2012
Politically Incorrect wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a better idea. Perhaps you should research and defend each item if you feel that Ryan is wanting to defund something that is necessary. You once said that foreign aid is necessary to (paraphrasing here)'to grease the wheels and keep those foreigners fat and happy.' That is akin to giving the playground bully your lunch money every day to keep him from rearranging your face. It doesn't work on the playground and it shouldn't be part of the foreign policy for America.
I do not want to have ongoing conversations with you. I hate that you go on every single topic thread in the Mountain City forum and try to hijack the thread, however it does go a long ways to explain your adoration of "the one." Both of you are as narcissistic as they come. It ain't all about you and none of us care what your 'humble opinion' is, which by the way, there isn't a humble bone in your body. IMHO
Take it on down the road.
PS - who taught you how to capitalize what words and when, when writing down your thoughts?
Just like a Teapublican, expect somebody else to do their work for them, so they can stay ignorant and uninformed. They do seem to dearly love that permanent State Of Mind!
Oh, and for the answer to your "PS", you can look that up, too! It'll give you a break from your daily FFN brainwashing session and you might learn something! I know, you think that's the worst thing that could happen and you'll fight against it until your last breath, but you should really try it, you might like it! It could change your Life, for the better, before it's too late!
A Brain is a terrible thing to waste, you know, and yours is definitely wasting away!
doe resident

Johnson City, TN

#97 Oct 8, 2012
Politically Incorrect wrote:
PAUL RYAN'S PROPOSED BUDGET CUTS
A List of Republican Budget Cuts
Notice S.S. and the military are NOT on this list.
These are all the programs that the new Republican House has proposed cutting. Read to the end.
* Corporation for Public Broadcasting Subsidy --$445 million annual savings.
* Save America 's Treasures Program --$25 million annual savings.
* International Fund for Ireland --$17 million annual savings.
* Legal Services Corporation --$420 million annual savings.
* National Endowment for the Arts --$167.5 million annual savings.
* National Endowment for the Humanities --$167.5 million annual savings.
* Hope VI Program --$250 million annual savings.
* Amtrak Subsidies --$1.565 billion annual savings.
* Eliminate duplicating education programs -- H.R. 2274 (in last Congress), authored by Rep. McKeon, eliminates 68 at a savings of $1.3 billion annually.
* U.S. Trade Development Agency --$55 million annual savings.
* Woodrow Wilson Center Subsidy --$20 million annual savings.
* Cut in half funding for congressional printing and binding --$47 million annual savings.
* John C. Stennis Center Subsidy --$430,000 annual savings.
* Community Development Fund --$4.5 billion annual savings.
* Heritage Area Grants and Statutory Aid --$24 million annual savings.
* Cut Federal Travel Budget in Half --$7.5 billion annual savings
* Trim Federal Vehicle Budget by 20%--$600 million annual savings.
* Essential Air Service --$150 million annual savings.
* Technology Innovation Program --$70 million annual savings.
* Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) Program --$125 million annual savings..
* Department of Energy Grants to States for Weatherization --$530 million annual savings.
* Beach Replenishment --$95 million annual savings.
* New Starts Transit --$2 billion annual savings.
Exchange Programs for Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, and Their Historical Trading Partners in Massachusetts --$9 million annual savings
* Intercity and High Speed Rail Grants --$2.5 billion annual savings.
* Title X Family Planning --$318 million annual savings.
* Appalachian Regional Commission --$76 million annual savings.
* Economic Development Administration --$293 million annual savings.
* Programs under the National and Community Services Act --$1.15 billion annual savings.
* Applied Research at Department of Energy --$1.27 billion annual savings.
* Freedom CAR and Fuel Partnership --$200 million annual savings..
* Energy Star Program --$52 million annual savings.
*Economic Assistance to Egypt --$250 million annually.
* U.S.Agency for International Development --$1.39 billion annual savings.
* General Assistance to District of Columbia --$210 million annual savings.
Most of these programs do seem unnessary and I ask the question, "do you know what they actually benifit"?.I understand him to mean that he will go after his government colleagues when they owe back-taxes.
I could make suggestions myself but neither candidate would listen.
Neither of them care about me or you as an individual.
KLHello

Chicago, IL

#98 Oct 9, 2012
Because Obama and Biden have to go!
E. S. G.

Brentwood, TN

#99 Oct 13, 2012
Ryan is sharp regarding the budget
LoveTN

Marion, VA

#100 Oct 14, 2012
Ryan will help Romney lose the election. He's way out there radical. Try reading what Ayn Rand actually says about all you 99%ers.
fortyseven

Marshall, VA

#101 Nov 1, 2012
Our Beliefs | Mormon.org

mormon.org/what-do-mormons-believe

We are all spiritual children of a loving Heavenly Father who sent us to this earth to learn and grow in a mortal state. As Mormons, we are followers of Jesus ...
fortyseven

Marshall, VA

#102 Nov 1, 2012
fortyseven

Marshall, VA

#103 Nov 1, 2012
no morman.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 14 min miss tuffet 152,439
Mixed races in Johnson county 32 min seriously 102
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr TheRealZeke 8,648
Fall Festivals 2 hr who do u think u r 1
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 5 hr WTH 9,478
Tomahawk Sports Page 6 hr Old Longhorn 1
who buys ginseng (Dec '08) 18 hr sam 26

Mountain City Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]