Romney-Ryan Debate - Fort Towson, OK

Discuss the national Romney-Ryan debate in Fort Towson, OK.

Are you happy that Romney picked Paul Ryan as his VP?

Fort Towson undecided
Yes
 
1
Don't care
 
1
No
 
0

Vote now in Fort Towson:

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
pappy

Lewisville, TX

#1 Oct 28, 2012
What, no one in the Fort has an opinion of Romney/Ryan. There is just one place to get the money from folks and that is the peoples pay checks when R & R will be cutting taxes for the rich by 20 percent, there is no other place for that money but the working people of the country and the rich make their money off of invstments which R&R wont be taxing so it leaves it up to you folks to be taxed and pay off the debt. Happy holloween. You did not knwo that he was not going to be taxing the rich off their invstments? And cuts out the inheritance tax. Bet no one in the Fort pays inheritance tax neither. And so does the wealthy pay none.And most of their wealth is not taxes even now.REason! they have tax havens and tax loop holes written for them to avoid taxes. Its called TAX AVOIDANCE
pappy

Lewisville, TX

#2 Oct 28, 2012
But I am sure you wont mind paying more taxes to make up for waht the wealthy 1 percenters do not pay. You are one of the 47 percenters are you not??
Sunrise

Fort Worth, TX

#3 Oct 29, 2012
Pappy, you are spreading false information again. Tell us were we can find this information so we can read it for ourself. What you are saying is not true. Instead of attempting to tear down Romney, why aren't you telling us the positive things that obama has done? Tell us what he has done that will make us want to vote for him and elect him president for 4 more years? You are going at the backwards. You are telling us why we should NOT vote for Romney instead of why we should vote for obama.
pappy

Lewisville, TX

#4 Oct 31, 2012
SunRise just do a little googling like i do ---ask that search engine a question As for teh good things of Obama-- we are getting employeement equals jobs. The people who had pre conditions now can get insurlance. Children can stay on their parents insurance till the age of 26. the Medicare doughnut hoe is being filled saving seniors money on their drug bills. A persons insurance no longer has a cap on the spending when going into the hospital to have an operation. So that person now will not end up in bankrupt by going over the cap on insurance expenses. I believe that is enough good things for nwo. Remember when a person could not get insurance if that person had a precondition of sickness or injury and insurance wouldnot touch that person with a 10 foot pole, that is now gone Now a person does not lose their insurance.
pappy

Lewisville, TX

#5 Oct 31, 2012
REmember G.W. Bush ,the guy you voted for last that the republicans do not mention anymore. Who got us in a war in Iraq where we never found thsioe so called WMDs, over 4500 troops killed, over 35ooo wounded. Remember MISSION ACOMPLISHED, THAT WAS NOT ACOMPLISHED. THAT WASR WAS SUPPOSED TO LAST A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME. rEMEMBER aFGHANIUSTAN--ITS STILL THERE AND WEARE STILL AT WAR THERE.Now the KIA including both wars is over 6500. And over 40, 000 wounded. WE done AlQuida in and the Taliban in the first 60 days of war in Afghanistan Bush wuit hunting bin Ladin, But he is now finsihed AND ENOUGH aFGHANIES ARE TRAINED TO HANDLE THEIR OWN CIVIL WAR THERE WHICH WILL HAPPEN AS SOON AS WE LEAVE,. wE DID NOT PROVIDE dEMOCRACY FOR THE iRAGI'S NOR EQUALITY. sO NOW our troops wioll be coming home.
pappy

Lewisville, TX

#6 Oct 31, 2012
If you ever want to klnwo how incompetent Bush was watch the documentory of Secrets of 9/11 on the military channel. Bush was a complete failure at recieving and hearing reports on al Quida and their mission to hit the U.S. He failed in Business and the people he governed as president. And then when he lft office he left the people in our country holding the bag and it was empty. But just because he ignorred the info he recieved does not mean I think he is a bad person--he probably had the best interest for our country in his heart but never acted upon it. At least he was better than Nixon, I hope--history will tell in the future.
Sunrise

Fort Worth, TX

#7 Oct 31, 2012
pappy wrote:
SunRise just do a little googling like i do ---ask that search engine a question As for teh good things of Obama-- we are getting employeement equals jobs.
I don't know what you are trying to say but if you mean unemployment numbers have decreased it is all a farce. They decreased because many have now exhausted their unemployment benefits and have fallen off the rolls and other have stopped looking for a job.
pappy wrote:
The people who had pre conditions now can get insurlance. Children can stay on their parents insurance till the age of 26.
Yes they can in spite of fierce objection by a majority of citizens. People who had pre conditions could always get insurance. It cost them more but that is as it should be. Why should they get a free ride during their healthy years and then expect to pay the same as people who purchased insurance when they were healthy?
pappy wrote:
the Medicare doughnut hoe is being filled saving seniors money on their drug bills. A persons insurance no longer has a cap on the spending when going into the hospital to have an operation. So that person now will not end up in bankrupt by going over the cap on insurance expenses.
Not all insurance policies had caps. It is a matter of personal choice for those who took out a policy with a cap.
pappy wrote:
I believe that is enough good things for nwo. Remember when a person could not get insurance if that person had a precondition of sickness or injury and insurance wouldnot touch that person with a 10 foot pole, that is now gone Now a person does not lose their insurance.
People with preconditions could alway get insurance.
Sunrise

Fort Worth, TX

#8 Oct 31, 2012
pappy wrote:
REmember G.W. Bush ,the guy you voted for last that the republicans do not mention anymore. Who got us in a war in Iraq where we never found thsioe so called WMDs, over 4500 troops killed, over 35ooo wounded. Remember MISSION ACOMPLISHED, THAT WAS NOT ACOMPLISHED. THAT WASR WAS SUPPOSED TO LAST A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME. rEMEMBER aFGHANIUSTAN--ITS STILL THERE AND WEARE STILL AT WAR THERE.Now the KIA including both wars is over 6500. And over 40, 000 wounded. WE done AlQuida in and the Taliban in the first 60 days of war in Afghanistan Bush wuit hunting bin Ladin, But he is now finsihed AND ENOUGH aFGHANIES ARE TRAINED TO HANDLE THEIR OWN CIVIL WAR THERE WHICH WILL HAPPEN AS SOON AS WE LEAVE,. wE DID NOT PROVIDE dEMOCRACY FOR THE iRAGI'S NOR EQUALITY. sO NOW our troops wioll be coming home.
Yes, I remember all of that. What is your point?
Sunrise

Fort Worth, TX

#9 Oct 31, 2012
pappy wrote:
If you ever want to klnwo how incompetent Bush was watch the documentory of Secrets of 9/11 on the military channel. Bush was a complete failure at recieving and hearing reports on al Quida and their mission to hit the U.S. He failed in Business and the people he governed as president. And then when he lft office he left the people in our country holding the bag and it was empty. But just because he ignorred the info he recieved does not mean I think he is a bad person--he probably had the best interest for our country in his heart but never acted upon it. At least he was better than Nixon, I hope--history will tell in the future.
Bush has been gone almost 4 years. You and others like you need to move on. How does what Bush did apply to what we are discussing? We are discussing why we should elect Romney/Ryan and send obama walking.
pappy

Dallas, TX

#10 Oct 31, 2012
Sunrise thinks jsut because Bush as been gone for 4 years , not quite not untill Jan of 2013 will it be 4 years Sunrise. And some people who lost the value in the home is not over the lss yet. think they lost that value because of Obama. not likely. The effects of Bush will linger in our country for a long time. Bush also ruined the credit rating of man ypeople and was the cause of their job loss. Reckon they all blame Obama for that loss in December of 2008---I suppose that was Obam's fault also. Not likely. Just as Bush ignored several warnings of an alQuida attack in the U.S. --if the warnings were not ignored would that tragety happend on 9/11. Bush ignored those warnings more than one over a long period of time. Just as he ignored the oncoming economic ollapse and never once used the enforcement and oversight that might have prevented the collapse of our economy. I guess ignorance is bliss for some.
Sunrise

Fort Worth, TX

#11 Nov 1, 2012
pappy wrote:
Sunrise thinks jsut because Bush as been gone for 4 years , not quite not untill Jan of 2013 will it be 4 years Sunrise. And some people who lost the value in the home is not over the lss yet. think they lost that value because of Obama. not likely. The effects of Bush will linger in our country for a long time. Bush also ruined the credit rating of man ypeople and was the cause of their job loss. Reckon they all blame Obama for that loss in December of 2008---I suppose that was Obam's fault also. Not likely. Just as Bush ignored several warnings of an alQuida attack in the U.S.--if the warnings were not ignored would that tragety happend on 9/11. Bush ignored those warnings more than one over a long period of time. Just as he ignored the oncoming economic ollapse and never once used the enforcement and oversight that might have prevented the collapse of our economy. I guess ignorance is bliss for some.
You are a poor, ignorant fool. You will have to endure the hardships and losses just like the rest of us when obama has more latitute in his second term.
pappy

Dallas, TX

#12 Nov 1, 2012
Sunrise, the man you tout and follow for president has not even the courage to stand and tell what he stands for. As of thsi moment he is trying to convert hisself into the sweet, loving person with a big heart, one of actually changes his stance on the moment the subject chenages he changes with it. Teh indians have a name for that--s shepe shifter. One moment you see it, the nest it is different, changed before your eyes. this person is suppose to possess magical powers to change from the coyote to different forms thats a good description of Romney. Exactly what does Romney stand for, what is his foreign policy to be, or for that amtter his other policies he is so silent about. We have not heard a word from him in 3 weeks or longer as he has gone silent to answering questions from reporters.
pappy

Dallas, TX

#13 Nov 1, 2012
HJas Romney ,SunShine not have wenough guts or character to face teh press and answer the questions of the press.Maybe its just a lack of courage. It has got to be somewheree in that criteriaa. He still will not answer the question on will he still cut FEMS or privatize it as he has said he would do in the past.
pappy

Dallas, TX

#14 Nov 1, 2012
Sunshine, How about that GOPeer Governor Pery said he would make goverment smalllleeer. Welll if act he only downsized the other departemnts but up sized his own office in workers, even the land office and the attorney generals office increased their office staff. I guess the child protective agency does not need that help even though it is short handed and has been for years. And these theree republicans ran on making ogverment smaller, that is except for them. It is amazing what info you find on google
Sunrise

Fort Worth, TX

#15 Nov 5, 2012
pappy wrote:
HJas Romney ,SunShine not have wenough guts or character to face teh press and answer the questions of the press.Maybe its just a lack of courage. It has got to be somewheree in that criteriaa. He still will not answer the question on will he still cut FEMS or privatize it as he has said he would do in the past.
Romney is smart to not meet with any press members. It would not matter what he would say, he would be shredded by the media and the obama camp. The media has totally let us down. They need to be factually and truthfully reporting ans asking questions of both candidates, questions that matter and are important to running a country. They have not done that in a long while. Look back over this campaign and the one before. The media has decided the outcome of the election. Show me one negative thing that they have pointed out about obama and it would be hard to find one positive thing they have said about Romney. We need facts on issues that matter so that we can compare. We do not need media opinions, just facts. As for FEMA, I asked you if you had done any research on the pros and cons of privitizing FEMA but you did not answer. You just continued to be critical of Romney. However, you haven't said one word about why FEMA has yet to help any of the storm victims or why they were not prepared to step in with supplies, generators or other emergency help. Give us you thoughts on how obama has handled this disaster. It is troublesome how you see no errors in the way of obama but see nothing positive in Romney. In my opinion, Romney was not the best GOP candidate but once again, the news media picked him for us just as they did McCain and McCain was the very weakest candidate. By promoting McCain, or I should say denegrating his oponents so that McCain won the primary, that gave obama an easy slide to victory.
pappy

Dallas, TX

#16 Nov 8, 2012
The reason he was shredded by the media was siomple--by the time he talked to the media he would have flipped on some policy he was for before he was against it, or he would have flopped or maybe just got out his etch-a-skliotch ed his way to another flip or maybe another flop. He was good entertainment for the public as he changed on every idea he spoke of that he was for bfore he was against it.Abortion being one item, Medicare was another. He would be goood to carry hunting as he could tell some tall tales just as he had previously done about hsi hunting brer rabbit. bvut we no longer have to contend with his flip or flops ,etch-a- skitch yarns--he is now gone. Sorry folks you just wasted your vote at the Fort.
Sunrise

Fort Worth, TX

#17 Nov 9, 2012
pappy wrote:
The reason he was shredded by the media was siomple--by the time he talked to the media he would have flipped on some policy he was for before he was against it, or he would have flopped or maybe just got out his etch-a-skliotch ed his way to another flip or maybe another flop. He was good entertainment for the public as he changed on every idea he spoke of that he was for bfore he was against it.Abortion being one item, Medicare was another. He would be goood to carry hunting as he could tell some tall tales just as he had previously done about hsi hunting brer rabbit. bvut we no longer have to contend with his flip or flops ,etch-a- skitch yarns--he is now gone. Sorry folks you just wasted your vote at the Fort.
Your rambling is immature and not cute at all in addition to not being factual or true.
pappy

Dallas, TX

#18 Nov 9, 2012
SunRise, I may be immature but the facts speak for themselves, because it is truth. Romney could not face the media because of his /flip ,Flopin so many times. Why did he change from being for abortion to not being for abortion? He said he was against teh people who misskoke on rape and pregnancy but would not speak out fro fear of losing votes. Teh statement on a woman being raped and she will not get pregnant if it is a legitimate rape is pure baloney. that is a traumatizing evenmt in an womans life. How do I knw--I carried a woman to see her doctro and counseling for close to a year. I talked to sevral of the ladies that were in counseling and it had traumatizined part of them for years.And believe me it is not a picnic for any woman to be raped and to talk about rape being weither legoit or not legit is one of the stupidest things I have ever seem a person say. thats one of the reasons Romney lost. Another thing is he was actually agianst part of the people--the 47 percenters. You do not speak of peopleany people in that fashion. You can not run far enough to get away from words spoken in such fashion--they do not forget---they get mad and really vote agsinst such peopleand their spoken words.
Sunrise

Fort Worth, TX

#19 Nov 10, 2012
pappy wrote:
SunRise, I may be immature but the facts speak for themselves, because it is truth. Romney could not face the media because of his /flip ,Flopin so many times.
You should have said WOULD NOT, not COULD NOT.
pappy wrote:
Why did he change from being for abortion to not being for abortion? He said he was against teh people who misskoke on rape and pregnancy but would not speak out fro fear of losing votes. Teh statement on a woman being raped and she will not get pregnant if it is a legitimate rape is pure baloney.
I was not aware that Romney did those things. The election is over so it is not longer necessary for you to help defeat Romney.
pappy wrote:
thats one of the reasons Romney lost. Another thing is he was actually agianst part of the people--the 47 percenters. You do not speak of peopleany people in that fashion. You can not run far enough to get away from words spoken in such fashion--they do not forget---they get mad and really vote agsinst such peopleand their spoken words.
The fact that you keep talking about the 47% shows your lack of understanding. Please reply and tell me what you think Romney said and the context in which he spoke.
pappy

Dallas, TX

#20 Nov 24, 2012
AS for Romney Sunshine, he thought money could buy anything, but it does not. He looks down on people he thinks is beneath him. And the truth came out when he thought he was among his own peers he spoke his true thoughts of the people he referred to as the 47 percenters,. When he thought he was among his peers only his true character was shown. He also did not mind his company being subsidized by thsoe same people he spoke of as 47 percenters. His companies were know to take subsidies from the local, state and federal goverment. He also got bailed out by the FDIC to the tune of over 15 million dollars. this happened even though the company had millions on hand. He was as Governor Perry called him a Vulture Capitalist. And Perry hit the nail on the head for his naming of the man as a vulture>Right now the GOPeers just want to forget Romney as hope he just disappears from the scene. And I thiink he is finished as a politician.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Towson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Owns Cedar Shed? 11 hr countryBoy 6
Larry Hendrix...divorced? Dec 25 grace 1
Merry Christmas To Those Who Understand The Alg... Dec 24 Steely Dan 2
snorty morgan recent information?? (Oct '12) Dec 23 truthgirl1976 37
Whatever does it mean? I woke up in a dream. Dec 22 HoChiMinhMisterMu... 1
OSBI Agents Investigate Choctaw Co. Officer-Inv... Dec 21 Go Fish Go 7
Lacy Dec 21 Whiskers 2
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]