Romney-Ryan Debate - Elk City, OK

Discuss the national Romney-Ryan debate in Elk City, OK.

Are you happy that Romney picked Paul Ryan as his VP?

Elk City is happy with the Ryan pick.
Yes
 
14
No
 
8
Don't care
 
2

Vote now in Elk City:

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
The Guitar Man

Cordell, OK

#1 Aug 13, 2012
Because he like Romney is a conservative who believes that the US is still a Christain Nation, etc.
Ron Paul 2012

Fontana, CA

#2 Aug 13, 2012
The Guitar Man wrote:
Because he like Romney is a conservative who believes that the US is still a Christain Nation, etc.
I disagree! Gary Johnson is your libertarian choice for president in 2012!
fxck yawl

Murrieta, CA

#3 Aug 19, 2012
Caren Brooks lies has 65 posts while the prez thred barely has two.... Perfect example of why elk sh|tty will always be sh|tty...
nice guy

United States

#4 Aug 26, 2012
Christian nation??? Since when? I thought one of the basic precepts of the U.S.A. was freedom of religion. Which is good since Mitt is a MORMON,not a christian.
observer

United States

#5 Aug 26, 2012
nice guy wrote:
Christian nation??? Since when? I thought one of the basic precepts of the U.S.A. was freedom of religion. Which is good since Mitt is a MORMON,not a christian.
Mormon is a sect of Christianity. Just like Catholicism or Presbyterians. Do some research.
actually

United States

#6 Aug 26, 2012
The first people came to this country looking for freedom from religious persecution.
Realism at its Best

United States

#7 Aug 26, 2012
a piss ant would be a better choice than Joe Biden! or obama for that matter!
Realism at its Best

United States

#8 Aug 26, 2012
a piss ant would be a better choice than Joe Biden! or obama!
nice guy

United States

#9 Aug 26, 2012
Mormons do not follow or believe in the historic Jesus Christ of the Bible, but rather a difference Jesus. This is why most biblical Christians emphatically insist that Mormons are not Christians.
The god of the Mormons is not the God of the Bible. To the Mormons, Jesus, is the first born son of an exalted "man" who became the god of this world. According to LDS church teaching, their god was first a man who became a god. The man-god of Mormonism was then made the god of this world because of his good works on another planet somewhere out in the Universe. He "earned" godhood, and was thus appointed by a counsel of gods in the heavens to his high position as the god of planet Earth. The Mormon god of this world was a man, like all men on earth. This is what the celestial marriage and the temple vows are all about. LDS men, by doing their temple work, are striving for exaltation by which they too shall one day can become a god. Their wives will be the mother goddesses of "their" world and with their husband will produce the population of their world. This is the Mormon doctrine of "eternal progression."
Note the following quote is from the Mormon, Journal of Discourses, Vol. 1, page 123, made by the LDS Apostle Orson Hyde:
"Remember that God, our heavenly Father, was perhaps once a child, a mortal like we ourselves, and rose step by step in the scale of progress, in the school of advancement; has moved forward and overcome, until He has arrived at the point were He is."
The Mormon Jesus is the son of this man-god. The Mormon Jesus is the brother of all men on earth and also the brother Lucifer. He is not, to the LDS church, "God incarnate" which means God come to earth as man, as the Bible plainly states.(Matt. 1:23) Clearly, the Mormon god and Jesus cannot the true God and Jesus of the Bible.
Brigham Young, contradicted God's word as recorded in Luke 1:35 and said, "When the Virgin Mary conceived the Child Jesus...He was not begotten by the Holy Ghost. And who is His father? He is the first of the human family." (Journal of Discourses, Pages 50-51)
Mormons teach that Jesus Christ, suffered for sin in the Garden of Gethsemane when He sweated "as it were" great drops of blood. Mormons totally avoid the Biblical teaching of Christ atonement for sin being accomplished on the Cross. However, the Bible clearly teaches that the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ was done on the cross.
Note the following quote from, "What Mormons Think of Christ." LDS Publication pages 32-34: "Christians speak often of the blood of Christ and its cleansing power. Much is believed and taught on this subject, however, it is utter nonsense and so palpably false that to believe it is to lose one's salvation." It goes further to say that salvation is conditional on faith, and repentance, and baptism and keeping the commands of God. "
It is very true that Christians do speak much of the blood of Christ because that is what the Bible says. Note the emphasis the Bible places on the blood of Christ:
"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin." (1 John 1:7)
"How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?" (Hebrew 9:14)
The rejection of this Biblical truth by the LDS church shows again it is not a Christian church and it teaching are contrary to God's word.
Liberal

Yukon, OK

#10 Aug 26, 2012
One thing this country doesn't need is Mormon Rommunism! He is a criminal, Tax Evader, Uncaring ass who fires and sells businesses, a Liar Bain for example. I need not say more tho I could Obama may not be the best of choices we could have had but he is a far cry better than Romminism.
Liberal

Yukon, OK

#11 Aug 26, 2012
nice guy wrote:
Mormons do not follow or believe in the historic Jesus Christ of the Bible, but rather a difference Jesus. This is why most biblical Christians emphatically insist that Mormons are not Christians.
The god of the Mormons is not the God of the Bible. To the Mormons, Jesus, is the first born son of an exalted "man" who became the god of this world. According to LDS church teaching, their god was first a man who became a god. The man-god of Mormonism was then made the god of this world because of his good works on another planet somewhere out in the Universe. He "earned" godhood, and was thus appointed by a counsel of gods in the heavens to his high position as the god of planet Earth. The Mormon god of this world was a man, like all men on earth. This is what the celestial marriage and the temple vows are all about. LDS men, by doing their temple work, are striving for exaltation by which they too shall one day can become a god. Their wives will be the mother goddesses of "their" world and with their husband will produce the population of their world. This is the Mormon doctrine of "eternal progression."
Note the following quote is from the Mormon, Journal of Discourses, Vol. 1, page 123, made by the LDS Apostle Orson Hyde:
"Remember that God, our heavenly Father, was perhaps once a child, a mortal like we ourselves, and rose step by step in the scale of progress, in the school of advancement; has moved forward and overcome, until He has arrived at the point were He is."
The Mormon Jesus is the son of this man-god. The Mormon Jesus is the brother of all men on earth and also the brother Lucifer. He is not, to the LDS church, "God incarnate" which means God come to earth as man, as the Bible plainly states.(Matt. 1:23) Clearly, the Mormon god and Jesus cannot the true God and Jesus of the Bible.
Brigham Young, contradicted God's word as recorded in Luke 1:35 and said, "When the Virgin Mary conceived the Child Jesus...He was not begotten by the Holy Ghost. And who is His father? He is the first of the human family." (Journal of Discourses, Pages 50-51)
Mormons teach that Jesus Christ, suffered for sin in the Garden of Gethsemane when He sweated "as it were" great drops of blood. Mormons totally avoid the Biblical teaching of Christ atonement for sin being accomplished on the Cross. However, the Bible clearly teaches that the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ was done on the cross.
Note the following quote from, "What Mormons Think of Christ." LDS Publication pages 32-34: "Christians speak often of the blood of Christ and its cleansing power. Much is believed and taught on this subject, however, it is utter nonsense and so palpably false that to believe it is to lose one's salvation." It goes further to say that salvation is conditional on faith, and repentance, and baptism and keeping the commands of God. "
It is very true that Christians do speak much of the blood of Christ because that is what the Bible says. Note the emphasis the Bible places on the blood of Christ:
"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin." (1 John 1:7)
"How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?" (Hebrew 9:14)
The rejection of this Biblical truth by the LDS church shows again it is not a Christian church and it teaching are contrary to God's word.
Mormons believe god lives on another planet and when you die you get your own planet with several wifes. They don't even change their underwear unless they are taking a shower, Plus they believe Jesus Christ is the Devil. They are just Bad. Do a little research on them and you would run the other direction.
Liberal

Yukon, OK

#12 Aug 26, 2012
Realism at its Best wrote:
a piss ant would be a better choice than Joe Biden! or obama!
You got it backwards a Piss would be better than Rommunism. Or a piss on you that is.
Liberal

Yukon, OK

#13 Aug 26, 2012
observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Mormon is a sect of Christianity. Just like Catholicism or Presbyterians. Do some research.
Mormon is NOT a sect of Christianity just ask any of them and they will tell you so They think christians are deciples of satan.
Liberal

Yukon, OK

#14 Aug 26, 2012
The Guitar Man wrote:
Because he like Romney is a conservative who believes that the US is still a Christain Nation, etc.
Your a dumbass Romney's religon has nothing to do with Christanity.
Liberal

Yukon, OK

#15 Aug 26, 2012
http://www.gotquestions.org/Mormons.html

Just to clearify the WIERD Mormon Religon.
JimBob

United States

#16 Aug 27, 2012
Yeah, I use to have some concerns about a Morman in the White House. 4 years of the Muslim trained and leaning fool in the White House have mitigated those concerns. Throw in the 20 years as protege of Jeremiah Wright's anti-American sermons and mormanism looks pretty damn good!

Jobs and the poor economy and ever increasing debt are the issues - NOT mormanism!
budding atheist

Euless, TX

#17 Aug 27, 2012
Liberal wrote:
http://www.gotquestions.org/Mo rmons.html

Just to clearify the WIERD Mormon Religon.
Typical liberal. Obama knows he's the one of the worst presidents in history. He CANNOT run on the issues or policy, so he's trying to spread hate and fear. Sounds like you need to stop drinking the MSNBC koolaid. He's already been called a felon, a murderer, and a cult member. What's next? You gonna start calling him the anti Christ?
Buck Ofama

United States

#18 Aug 27, 2012
At last, a true conservative!! Paul Ryan would make a great President. We need someone to jerk the rug out from under the losers on food stamps, welfare, housing asst., etc. etc. We now have 49% that don't pay any federal income tax, or they get what they do pay refunded. These takers need to start giving a little!!
Buck Ryan and Romney

Yukon, OK

#19 Aug 27, 2012
Rommunism is the perfect word for them a combination anti Christian and Communism. It amazes me you stupid people who have nothing of very little and just strive to get by vote to give everything to the rich and stay poor! You fools.
Buck Ofama

United States

#20 Aug 27, 2012
Buck Ryan and Romney wrote:
Rommunism is the perfect word for them a combination anti Christian and Communism. It amazes me you stupid people who have nothing of very little and just strive to get by vote to give everything to the rich and stay poor! You fools.
Obviously, you are a leech that sucks on the government titties!! barack HUSSEIN ohbummer, is a muslim, and you're bitching about anti-Christians!!! You're the the stupid one!! President Downgrade is a Marxist!! Romney is a capitalist. Why don't you focus on more important things, like obammy's horrible job performance, and his record deficit spending?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elk City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Newby 24 min Larry 2
cowboy cafe (Oct '12) 37 min Stuart Carr 35
misty bashaw didnt fall far from the tree (Apr '12) 55 min loose 15
Baptist's going to Africa during Ebola crisis 3 hr Earl_Arkansas 71
WARNING: Deletion of Threads Will NOT be Tolerated (Feb '14) 4 hr tonto 12
Chip Eeds 5 hr redneck 25
morgan luttrellmorgan luttrell 9 hr big un 2

Elk City Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]