Romney-Ryan Debate - Ashland, KY

Discuss the national Romney-Ryan debate in Ashland, KY.

Are you happy that Romney picked Paul Ryan as his VP?

Ashland is happy with the Ryan pick.
Yes
 
30
No
 
26
Don't care
 
6

Vote now in Ashland:

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Maaloxx

Greenup, KY

#1 Aug 14, 2012
Ryan is a good choice because he is honest and hard working. Both Repubs annd Dems like this man.
Hotshot

Chesapeake, OH

#2 Aug 14, 2012
Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee him!!! What a great team to lead our country outof this misery.
Server

Ironton, OH

#4 Aug 14, 2012
We're still in this mess thanks to the republicans that you hold in such high reguard. Romney and Ryan will tax the middle class while giving themselves and the people that bought them more tax breaks, mark my words they are the worst choice anyone could make and I wish people wouldn't listen to the garbage on Fox News and think for themselves.
Go Obama

Ashland, KY

#5 Aug 14, 2012
If you vote for Romney - you might as well kiss Social Security and Medicare good-bye! He is only going to help the RICH!
Friend of Coal

Port Deposit, MD

#6 Aug 15, 2012
"Hey Go Obama" if you vote for Obama you might as well kiss the country goodbye. I have seen what has happened to the country in the three years that he has been in office and there is no way we could survive another 4 years. I wander what your thoughts are on the subject of Drug testing for everyone who in order to collect a welfare check or to get food stamps ?
Taxed enough already

Ashland, KY

#7 Aug 15, 2012
Server wrote:
We're still in this mess thanks to the republicans that you hold in such high reguard. Romney and Ryan will tax the middle class while giving themselves and the people that bought them more tax breaks, mark my words they are the worst choice anyone could make and I wish people wouldn't listen to the garbage on Fox News and think for themselves.
the last part of your post can be redirected right back at you in regard to CNN and MSNBC.
Go Obama

Ashland, KY

#8 Aug 15, 2012
Friend of Coal wrote:
"Hey Go Obama" if you vote for Obama you might as well kiss the country goodbye. I have seen what has happened to the country in the three years that he has been in office and there is no way we could survive another 4 years. I wander what your thoughts are on the subject of Drug testing for everyone who in order to collect a welfare check or to get food stamps ?
I am fine with drug testing for everyone that collects a welfare check or gets food stamps. But I am not fine with a Rich Republican running the country - that's basically why we're in the mess we are in now. Not because of Obama. Do you really think that someone like Romney is going to REALLY help out the country?! If you think things are bad now, they really will be if a Political Party that only cares about the wealthy is voted in. Do you really think that Romney cares about your financial well being, you and your family having health insurance, you retiring to have social security and Medicare. If you really think that - you better think again!
To hell with that

Ironton, OH

#9 Aug 16, 2012
Its not worth arguing about because no matter what you say the majority of the white middle lower mi class and middle class in this area will like anyone who is not Obama. They have no clue about any real issues or even any of Romneys stances on things. Thats why they always talk in general uneducated terms. As long as the republicans put up a candidate that is white and says i believe in Jesus they will vote for him. The problem with this country is not about dems or republicans its about the declining IQ and lack of understanding by the general public. Everyone gets there ideas from fox news or MSNBC instead of thinking for themselves. Just look at the dope who brought up drug testing. In the greater picture that is so unimportant and ranks so far down on the list of things that need to change, but this guy points it out like its a major issue. Moron! Lets get back to educating ourselves and developing free thought and are country will start to change for the better.
Friend of Coal

Port Deposit, MD

#10 Aug 16, 2012
hey to hellwiththat.if you dont think drug testing to get a welfare check is an issue then why is Florida, Kentucky and some other states writing it into law, or is because you are drawing a check from the goverenment now? if that is so then i see why you are so upset. If you dont think the over spending from the present administration is a problem then your just out of touch. and as far as the voting for any white guy that believes in Jesus comment goes that is just stupid to say. I dont care if the person is white, black, brown, or orange, as long as they are the best person for the job. What I am tired of hearing is, the rich need to pay their fare share, I am not rich by any means, I work hard and and pay my taxes. over $30,000.00 last year alone so dont say i dont pay my share. you dont know me and and you dont know the sacrifices i make to provide for my family. I'm tired of supporting people that are just looking for a handout. so you sit back and draw your government check, go get another tatoo, buy some more welfare cigarettes and I will keep on working hard to support you and all the others just like you, at least until things change in November
hibiscus
#11 Aug 16, 2012
As governor of Massachusetts, Romney spoke out against coal jobs, saying that a coal-fired plant "kills people".
Friend of Coal
#12 Aug 16, 2012
hey "go Obama"
Do you really think that Romney cares about your financial well being, you and your family having health insurance, you retiring to have social security and Medicare. If you really think that - you better think again!

is this what you said? my reply is, I worry about my financial well being, and It is my responsibilty to provide insurance for my family, i dont count on having Social security or medicare to draw on when I retire. I guess I think like my father did and like his father before him. You work hard, you save your money, and you retire when you can afford it and you dont expect the government to take care of you. Is there anything wrong with that?
Friend of Coal

Port Deposit, MD

#13 Aug 16, 2012
as President of the United States Obama said he would bankrupt all coal companies and "Patriot Coal" has just filed chapter 11. So i guess he did stand good on one promises. He promised "change" and the workers of Patriot Coal got it.
Go Obama I

Ashland, KY

#14 Aug 16, 2012
Friend of Coal wrote:
hey "go Obama"
Do you really think that Romney cares about your financial well being, you and your family having health insurance, you retiring to have social security and Medicare. If you really think that - you better think again!
is this what you said? my reply is, I worry about my financial well being, and It is my responsibilty to provide insurance for my family, i dont count on having Social security or medicare to draw on when I retire. I guess I think like my father did and like his father before him. You work hard, you save your money, and you retire when you can afford it and you dont expect the government to take care of you. Is there anything wrong with that?
I provide for my family also and also have insurance - but if you get sick or a family member gets sick, anyone in this country has a hard time, usually impossible, purchasing health insurance due to a pre-existing condition. It's an insurance-healthcare racket and Romney isn't interested in fixing it, Obama is.
And from your statements one would assume that you plan to never need social security nor Medicare, because you are currently making tons of money and plan to continue to do so until you can afford to retire and pay all your medical expenses straight up also - with no form of insurance to assist, because that would be living off of the government. So all of our senior citizens that worked their rears off for years and paid into social security - now, in your opinion, are living off the government?! You are either a kid that lives off their parents and possibly has earned a few college credits or you have made a few dollars and think you will be Romney rich one day. Either way - best of luck when you are old and working in the salt mines - remember you don't get Medicare or Social Security because you voted for Romney!!! But then again - why should you get it, that would be living off the government, huh?!
Go Obama

Ashland, KY

#15 Aug 16, 2012
Friend of Coal wrote:
hey to hellwiththat.if you dont think drug testing to get a welfare check is an issue then why is Florida, Kentucky and some other states writing it into law, or is because you are drawing a check from the goverenment now? if that is so then i see why you are so upset. If you dont think the over spending from the present administration is a problem then your just out of touch. and as far as the voting for any white guy that believes in Jesus comment goes that is just stupid to say. I dont care if the person is white, black, brown, or orange, as long as they are the best person for the job. What I am tired of hearing is, the rich need to pay their fare share, I am not rich by any means, I work hard and and pay my taxes. over $30,000.00 last year alone so dont say i dont pay my share. you dont know me and and you dont know the sacrifices i make to provide for my family. I'm tired of supporting people that are just looking for a handout. so you sit back and draw your government check, go get another tatoo, buy some more welfare cigarettes and I will keep on working hard to support you and all the others just like you, at least until things change in November
Obviously from your statement it is hard to believe that you do not discriminate - Did this person say they collect a welfare check, have tatoos, and smoke cigarettes?! But if they do??? Then I guess that means they should not have an opinion, or at least not one that counts / obviously they should not be allowed to vote?! Which would eliminate them?- the welfare check, the tatoo, or the cigarette. Would the logic of deduction cause us to assume that if a person smokes cigarettes they have tattoos? Or if you smoke you collect a welfare check? Or if you get welfare you also get tattoos? How about everyone with tattoos collects welfare checks? I think the logic of deduction would show that "hell with that" hit a nerve with you, which would cause most educated people to assume that their statement has some truth in it ?
To hell with that

Ironton, OH

#16 Aug 17, 2012
His statement just proves my point, but hes to dumb to realize it. He is a guy who makes a decent living and probably provides for his family pretty well but at acore level is a dope. That was my entire point. He doesnt no me, he doesnt no that i make more in a few years then he probably will in his entire life. I pay more in taxes then you make in a year based on your 30,000 dollar statement. The problem is that our country is filled with people like you. Middle to upper middle class folks who lack any true social understanding and do not have the capability to think more then two steps ahead. The issue jackass is not if people need to take drug tests to get aid, its why are so many people applying for aid. Also if the peolpe with the drug issues need aid what do we do with them, let them die in the streets, starve to death, what? People like you make these stupid statements like let the drugies fend for themselves, or we should just bomb these countries without any true understanding about what you are talking about.
To hell with that
#17 Aug 17, 2012
and the reason those states are writing the drug testing into law is because those states are filled with and run by ignorant Joe the plumber types like yourself.
Joe

Portsmouth, OH

#18 Aug 18, 2012
Romney may be wealthy but he's proven to be intelligent enough to manage money wisely and understands that without businesses we will continue to fail. Both of which can only help to repair the damage we've endured from this last four year nightmare. We will all need to be taxed more over the next 200 years just to dig out of the whole Obama alone has put us in but at the least with Romney, we should have an income to tax instead of a government hand out on the backs of the few hard working folks!
Joe

Portsmouth, OH

#19 Aug 18, 2012
....hole...
Salvia

Jeffersonville, KY

#20 Aug 18, 2012
Joe wrote:
Romney may be wealthy but he's proven to be intelligent enough to manage money wisely and understands that without businesses we will continue to fail. Both of which can only help to repair the damage we've endured from this last four year nightmare. We will all need to be taxed more over the next 200 years just to dig out of the whole Obama alone has put us in but at the least with Romney, we should have an income to tax instead of a government hand out on the backs of the few hard working folks!
Romney: Dodged draft in France, keeps hs money in Switzerland, sends American jobs to China. He loves America like a tick loves a dog.

Work harder! Wealthy people and corporations need their tax breaks and subsidies.
Salvia

Jeffersonville, KY

#21 Aug 18, 2012
Joe wrote:
Romney may be wealthy but he's proven to be intelligent enough to manage money wisely and understands that without businesses we will continue to fail. Both of which can only help to repair the damage we've endured from this last four year nightmare. We will all need to be taxed more over the next 200 years just to dig out of the whole Obama alone has put us in but at the least with Romney, we should have an income to tax instead of a government hand out on the backs of the few hard working folks!
If you're unemployed, it's not because there isn't any work. Just look around. A housing shortage, crime, old bridges, roads full of potholes and overcrowded schools.

Whatever our needs, they all require work. So what kind of world has work but no jobs. It's a world where work is only related to satisfying the profit needs of business.

This country was not built by the huge corporations. It was built by people who work.

As long as employment is tied to someone else's profits, the work won't get done.

The Republican-controlled Congress (approval rating of less than 10%) turned down the Jobs Bills!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Ashland Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Specialized Therapy Group, Infinity Center, Ash... 1 hr Best Group Ever 5
Jan Niesel (Aug '10) 2 hr In the know 26
legalize weed 2 hr that will show them 92
Social Parasites 2 hr just a thought 10
box truck 2 hr Resident 3
Use of U.S. Flag Campaigning 3 hr voter 5
Alison Lundergan Grimes blatantly false ad - "s... 3 hr look 5
goodbye AK STEEL 4 hr Lol 34
Sodomy 3rd Degree Arrest in Boyd County 5 hr Fact 31
fairview 19 hr Truth 757

Ashland Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]