Obama-Economy Debate - Madison, WI

Discuss the national Obama-Economy debate in Madison, WI.

Has Obama made the economy better or worse?

Madison undecided
Better
 
7
Worse
 
7
Neither
 
0

Vote now in Madison:

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
pappy

Dallas, TX

#48 Apr 14, 2012
Pete wrote:
Under obama those unions have learned that gaming the system is profitable...
and that's their only reason for existence.
Hello Pete, When the industries left the U.S. welost the base for industrialization during the past Bush years more jobs and industries were offshored than ever before. And it is not Obama to blame for what happened on the Bush watch. And there was no forethought I believe ever given to what would happen to our country as we lost our industrial base along with its tax es paid by companies and also the workers taxes paid. Take a look at the future that is looking us inthe face and it will be a bleak future for jobs creation according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Teh median wages will be going down to about 33,000 to 34,ooo dollars. And the jobs created in the next 10 years are low paying jobs. A big drop in the median [pay of what it is today. As of 2010 we had 143,068.1 million people working. By 2020 the guesstimat of jobs created will be only about 21 million jobs. So it appears even beyond the Obama years there will be only slow growth of maybe between 1 to 2 percent growth. So the loss of our industrial base is a greater loss than a lot of our so called thinkers in economics have ever predicted. The low wages for most of the jobs in the future will not even pay for our needs nor the goverments. So if you are young you can expect a lot of unemployeement--- soem of this I write is reading between the lines and coming up wioth my own info gathered from what I find coming from the goverment. the goverment has a complete report on labor ,wages and jobs for the future and it is not good for the economy if it comes into being as hard cold facts by jobs creation and wages.
pappy

Dallas, TX

#49 Apr 14, 2012
The fact is Pete, corporations created jobs in the past from the crissi in 2008 but most of htose jobs were created offshore in foreign lands. Apparently they , the corporations have more loyalty to foregn countries than they do to our country. And I have asked many times--where has the corporations patriotism gone to--offshore to that foreign land--China and else where. So with the loss of our industrial base to offshoring, so goes our jobs future as there is no foundation to create the needed jobs as well as the taxes lost to the loss of our industry base. WE have had some stupid people in leadership in our goverment--and it can not all be laid off on the present nor the past nor the future presidents , but the blame mostly comes from thsoe that write the tax, and other laws of our country in the house and senate.
Heypal

United States

#52 May 13, 2012
I see his banker buddies at J.P.Morgan just ripped off two Billion dollars...what a sick world!
I hear there is another one Billion on top of that too!
The nightly news reported on Saturday night 5-12-12.
Vote this Rainbow bailout spender!
Vote Ron Paul folks if you really like your freedoms!
The Man

De Forest, WI

#53 May 13, 2012
Ron Paul .

hahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahah .

ya, do that.

“I'm a Madison kinda guy”

Since: Jan 12

Madison

#55 Jun 26, 2012
there's still a lot to do to clean up Bush's shit bomb dumpster of an economic melt down but he can do it, and he's doing a great job so far
White Bread please

Lodi, WI

#56 Jun 26, 2012
JPlush wrote:
there's still a lot to do to clean up Bush's shit bomb dumpster of an economic melt down but he can do it, and he's doing a great job so far
http://youtu.be/rsCmiFcRyIc
Ex- El Paso Resident

Las Cruces, NM

#57 Jun 27, 2012
Adele wrote:
The policies of the Obama administration empower the government at the expense of the citizens' rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Our freedom to think individually and to take responsibility for our actions is being taken away from us.
Those that give up Liberty for Security deserve neither one.

It started with Bush after 9/11 with the Patriot act but under Obama and the current congress the attack on the Bill of Rights has been amazing. Most recent examples are the laws that says you can be charged with a felony for protesting at a public appearance with an official if the secrete service is there (what about freedom of speach) and overflight of your home with domestic drones (rights to privacy and illegal search of your private property). Bush was just as bad with wire tapping without a warrant. We need to defend America and keep it secure but not at the expense of liberty for Americans.

When you rely on the Government for everything you need they can control you very easily by simply denining it to you if they do not like your behavior. Big reason there is a push for the nanny state. The founding fathers knew this and specifically the bill of rights was written to prevent this control.

I hold both parties accountable.
Supefly

Lodi, WI

#58 Jun 27, 2012
pappy wrote:
<quoted text> Hello Pete, When the industries left the U.S. welost the base for industrialization during the past Bush years more jobs and industries were offshored than ever before. And it is not Obama to blame for what happened on the Bush watch. And there was no forethought I believe ever given to what would happen to our country as we lost our industrial base along with its tax es paid by companies and also the workers taxes paid. Take a look at the future that is looking us inthe face and it will be a bleak future for jobs creation according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Teh median wages will be going down to about 33,000 to 34,ooo dollars. And the jobs created in the next 10 years are low paying jobs. A big drop in the median [pay of what it is today. As of 2010 we had 143,068.1 million people working. By 2020 the guesstimat of jobs created will be only about 21 million jobs. So it appears even beyond the Obama years there will be only slow growth of maybe between 1 to 2 percent growth. So the loss of our industrial base is a greater loss than a lot of our so called thinkers in economics have ever predicted. The low wages for most of the jobs in the future will not even pay for our needs nor the goverments. So if you are young you can expect a lot of unemployeement--- soem of this I write is reading between the lines and coming up wioth my own info gathered from what I find coming from the goverment. the goverment has a complete report on labor ,wages and jobs for the future and it is not good for the economy if it comes into being as hard cold facts by jobs creation and wages.
Good post pappy, do you suppose Republican voters are just lacking the ability to see the devastatio the last adminastration left us in,?
Obskeptic

Novi, MI

#59 Jun 28, 2012
pappy wrote:
<quoted text> Hello Pete, When the industries left the U.S. welost the base for industrialization during the past Bush years more jobs and industries were offshored than ever before. And it is not Obama to blame for what happened on the Bush watch. And there was no forethought I believe ever given to what would happen to our country as we lost our industrial base along with its tax es paid by companies and also the workers taxes paid. Take a look at the future that is looking us inthe face and it will be a bleak future for jobs creation according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Teh median wages will be going down to about 33,000 to 34,ooo dollars. And the jobs created in the next 10 years are low paying jobs. A big drop in the median [pay of what it is today. As of 2010 we had 143,068.1 million people working. By 2020 the guesstimat of jobs created will be only about 21 million jobs. So it appears even beyond the Obama years there will be only slow growth of maybe between 1 to 2 percent growth. So the loss of our industrial base is a greater loss than a lot of our so called thinkers in economics have ever predicted. The low wages for most of the jobs in the future will not even pay for our needs nor the goverments. So if you are young you can expect a lot of unemployeement--- soem of this I write is reading between the lines and coming up wioth my own info gathered from what I find coming from the goverment. the goverment has a complete report on labor ,wages and jobs for the future and it is not good for the economy if it comes into being as hard cold facts by jobs creation and wages.
Where in the hell is "Dapper Dave" the spelling and grammar police when you need him? I see you ignored the advice of many to sign back up for classes at your local community college Pappy.
Obskeptic

Novi, MI

#60 Jun 28, 2012
Supefly wrote:
<quoted text>Good post pappy, do you suppose Republican voters are just lacking the ability to see the devastatio the last adminastration left us in,?
What is amazing here is the fact that you democrats are unable to see that you elected a man that lacks the skill set necessary to solve those problems like he promised. Four years down the road with two of them in complete control of the process and you still want to blame Bush for everything. You need to go back and take a careful look at the chronology of events, because the collapse started with the democrat congress in 2006, and the set up took place under Bush when Frank and Dodd obstructed the repeated attempts to reign in Freddie and Fannie that the republicans made. Irrelevant facts to democrats, but reality none the less. Until Glass-Stegal is reinstated, neither side is serious about fixing the problem.
superfly

Lodi, WI

#61 Jun 28, 2012
The President, the Vice President, the members of Congress have a medical plan that meets their needs in full, and whenever senators and representatives catch a little cold, the Capitol physician will see them immediately, treat them promptly, fill a prescription on the spot. We do not get a bill even if we ask for it, and when do you think was the last time a member of Congress asked for a bill from the Federal Government? And I say again, as I have before, if health insurance is good enough for the President, the Vice President, the Congress of the United States, then it's good enough for you and every family in America.
----------
The serious issue before us tonight is the cause for which the Democratic Party has stood in its finest hours, the cause that keeps our Party young and makes it, in the second century of its age, the largest political Party in this republic and the longest lasting political Party on this planet.
Our cause has been, since the days of Thomas Jefferson, the cause of the common man and the common woman.
Our commitment has been, since the days of Andrew Jackson, to all those he called "the humble members of society -- the farmers, mechanics, and laborers." On this foundation we have defined our values, refined our policies, and refreshed our faith.

----

Justice has prevailed, I bet old GW is havin a hissy, since his appointed Supreme court judge jumped ship and got on board the Obama train.

--

LMAO
Vote obama 2012
Pete

Sparta, MI

#63 Jul 6, 2012
Samantha wrote:
If obama was half as smart as he's given credit for...

he would see where the money is at or where the money he spent went...

and tax those unions and their dues...

as well as take away their tax exemption as to pay back the Tax Payers for the bailouts at the least.

Since he doesn't yet and may never see it ...

whoever is in office next time around will need to do it.

No, it wasn't Bush's fault...

it's barry's fault.

Too Funny.
That's very true...

and the obamacare tax won't cover it...

but the "bailout tax to unions" will.

Too Funny.
chuck

Los Angeles, CA

#64 Jul 9, 2012
No real job numbers, spending money we don't have, no transp in govt, less freedoms more police state/big brother, etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New police department means tax hike in Village... Nov 15 Starr 1
Woman taken to - wrong' hospital faces bankruptcy Nov 12 Jaimie 2
Jordan Wright Bible college soon to be graduate Nov 11 Jaimie 3
Our Culture Diet of Decadence in The Decline a... Nov 11 Culture Auditor 2
Gov. Scott Walker wins another term as Governor Nov 6 Jaimie 4
Lake Delton Wisconsin USA Oct 28 Jaimie 2
Walking Dead in a Dying Culture Oct '14 Jaimie 2
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]