Obama-Economy Debate - El Paso, TX

Discuss the national Obama-Economy debate in El Paso, TX.

Has Obama made the economy better or worse?

El Paso says Obama's hurt the economy
Worse
 
13
Better
 
5
Neither
 
2

Vote now in El Paso:

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Obama Sucks

El Paso, TX

#1 Feb 6, 2012
It's because he's black... oh, also, he's a socialist piece of shit and he's a moron.
total bs

El Paso, TX

#2 Feb 6, 2012
he has run up debt that will keep our grandchildren in debt paying for his BS.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#3 Feb 6, 2012
I think he is a dreamer and means well but his hands are also tied with the GOP boys. He doesn't have very much backing from his own party leaders
OBAMA 2012

Dallas, TX

#4 Feb 6, 2012
long live the dems, down with clueless and elf erving GOPS.
_Arrrrrrr

United States

#5 Feb 6, 2012
Obama inherited the mess that his predecessor left behind, a failing economy along with two unfinished war's. Gradually Obama is getting things back together by ending one of Bush's prized wars the Iraq mess up, and next year the Afghanistan war will come to an end. As for creating more jobs,John Boehner and the republicans wont allow that, because the republicans have spent almost 4 years trying as best they can to make Obama look bad. They are the ones responsible for the faltering economy along with all the idiots that voted them into power.
_Arrrrrrr

United States

#6 Feb 6, 2012
because the republicans are no good!

Since: Mar 11

El Paso, TX

#7 Feb 6, 2012
There is'nt a credible politician in America, they're out for themselves and their families, PERIOD.The only people running for office are wealthy or looking to get there, off your hard work and sweat.
total bs

El Paso, TX

#8 Feb 6, 2012
Yep it's all Bush's fault!

What a bunch of dolts!

You people and your messiah obama are like the little kid that gets caught doing something wrong. It is never his fault, it is always someone else, it is always well so and so did this or that.

Just keep drinking the koolaide it will all be fine!

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#9 Feb 6, 2012
Has Obama made the economy better or worse?

worse by far, wasted American tax dollars for socialism in our country thru this Obama
_Arrrrrrr

El Paso, TX

#10 Feb 6, 2012
The House Republicans are the ones that have made the economy worst by refusing to work with president Obama's job creation agenda, all they do is vote NO on every economic proposal.Take a look at House Speaker John Boehner don't he have goats eyes?, he is upset because Obama wont sign on with the Keystone Oil Pipe line from Canada to Port Arthur Texas, so all the republican minions can line their pockets.If republicans don't get their corruption scheme agendas passed then the American public is held captive. For the past 4 years the republicans have held the economy captive in order to make Obama look irrelevant. If republicans pull a fast one on the American people once again in one and a half year from now Mitt Romney will declare war on Iran and it's back to the good ol Bush years, add another 10 trillion to the federal deficit, and a bigger recession with un employment at 15% or higher.
Republicans never like to fess up to their evil ways, I say tax the wealthy rich at 35% and all registered republican voters alike. make them pay for their Sins.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#12 Feb 6, 2012
_Arrrrrrr wrote:
The House Republicans are the ones that have made the economy worst by refusing to work with president Obama's job creation agenda, all they do is vote NO on every economic proposal.Take a look at House Speaker John Boehner don't he have goats eyes?, he is upset because Obama wont sign on with the Keystone Oil Pipe line from Canada to Port Arthur Texas, so all the republican minions can line their pockets.If republicans don't get their corruption scheme agendas passed then the American public is held captive. For the past 4 years the republicans have held the economy captive in order to make Obama look irrelevant. If republicans pull a fast one on the American people once again in one and a half year from now Mitt Romney will declare war on Iran and it's back to the good ol Bush years, add another 10 trillion to the federal deficit, and a bigger recession with un employment at 15% or higher.
Republicans never like to fess up to their evil ways, I say tax the wealthy rich at 35% and all registered republican voters alike. make them pay for their Sins.
I say tax all liberal morons @ 65%
your Name

Knoxville, TN

#13 Feb 6, 2012
_Arrrrrrr wrote:
Obama inherited the mess that his predecessor left behind, a failing economy along with two unfinished war's. Gradually Obama is getting things back together by ending one of Bush's prized wars the Iraq mess up, and next year the Afghanistan war will come to an end. As for creating more jobs,John Boehner and the republicans wont allow that, because the republicans have spent almost 4 years trying as best they can to make Obama look bad. They are the ones responsible for the faltering economy along with all the idiots that voted them into power.
It must be hard looking daily at the miserable results vs the promises and retoric YOUR president spits out daily.
getalife

Terrell, TX

#14 Feb 6, 2012
_Arrrrrrr wrote:
The House Republicans are the ones that have made the economy worst by refusing to work with president Obama's job creation agenda, all they do is vote NO on every economic proposal.Take a look at House Speaker John Boehner don't he have goats eyes?, he is upset because Obama wont sign on with the Keystone Oil Pipe line from Canada to Port Arthur Texas, so all the republican minions can line their pockets.If republicans don't get their corruption scheme agendas passed then the American public is held captive. For the past 4 years the republicans have held the economy captive in order to make Obama look irrelevant. If republicans pull a fast one on the American people once again in one and a half year from now Mitt Romney will declare war on Iran and it's back to the good ol Bush years, add another 10 trillion to the federal deficit, and a bigger recession with un employment at 15% or higher.
Republicans never like to fess up to their evil ways, I say tax the wealthy rich at 35% and all registered republican voters alike. make them pay for their Sins.
It is not possible to be as ignorant as you and still be able to breath on your own.
Go back and look at the bills that the house has put on the table and see how many times that goat fucking Harry Reid has shelved them and not even voted on. Where is the budget? Not one!! If you make a budget you might be held accountable for the overspending. How large is our national debt? He he keeps wanting more who is going to pay for it? Raising taxes will not do it.
need a job

Union City, TN

#15 Feb 6, 2012
total bs wrote:
Yep it's all Bush's fault!
What a bunch of dolts!
You people and your messiah obama are like the little kid that gets caught doing something wrong. It is never his fault, it is always someone else, it is always well so and so did this or that.
Just keep drinking the koolaide it will all be fine!
Yes and bush shit and didnt wipe, now Mr. Obama has to try to get rid of that eight year pile of shit that bush left on the floor.
David

El Paso, TX

#16 Feb 7, 2012
What possible motive could obama have for stopping the Canadian pipeline to Houston and stop all the offshore drilling. It is killing us I guess he wants to keep us dependent on our enemies oil. Guess obama and Venezuela and all the other opec countries are somehow related to obama.
David

El Paso, TX

#17 Feb 7, 2012
_Arrrrrrr wrote:
The House Republicans are the ones that have made the economy worst by refusing to work with president Obama's job creation agenda, all they do is vote NO on every economic proposal.Take a look at House Speaker John Boehner don't he have goats eyes?, he is upset because Obama wont sign on with the Keystone Oil Pipe line from Canada to Port Arthur Texas, so all the republican minions can line their pockets.If republicans don't get their corruption scheme agendas passed then the American public is held captive. For the past 4 years the republicans have held the economy captive in order to make Obama look irrelevant. If republicans pull a fast one on the American people once again in one and a half year from now Mitt Romney will declare war on Iran and it's back to the good ol Bush years, add another 10 trillion to the federal deficit, and a bigger recession with un employment at 15% or higher.
Republicans never like to fess up to their evil ways, I say tax the wealthy rich at 35% and all registered republican voters alike. make them pay for their Sins.
What about the pipeline from Canada and all the offshore drilling rigs that went to Brazil. All of obamas job creation is a bunch of taxpayer funded jobs that don't mean a hoot they are just a burden on the 50 percent that pay taxes in this country. Lower the corporate tax cut red tape trim down government fat and the jobs will come. Big government is not the answer.
total BS

Waltham, MA

#18 Feb 7, 2012
need a job wrote:
<quoted text>Yes and bush shit and didnt wipe, now Mr. Obama has to try to get rid of that eight year pile of shit that bush left on the floor.
Well obama doesn't have to worry about taking a crap as his head is in the way all he needs to do is open his mouth and swallow, the ultimate recycling process.

The Dems have had the congress for 6 years with control of all three divisions for 4 years and yet they still have not passed a budget.

Now what exactly did Bush have to do with a Democrat controlled Congress and Senate not passing a Budget?
Why can obama not get a budget passed when his party controled both houses of Congress and he was President?

I'll answer for you. Because he and the Democrats don't want to pass a budget, it would make them be accountable and lessent their blame game and class warfare.

Obama's name is actually an acronym, One Big A$$ Mistake America!
An Independent

El Paso, TX

#19 Feb 7, 2012
Whether the economy is doing good or bad is directly related to your own economic situation.

One thing that cannot be debated is that the debt of this country is rising by 4 billion a day. We have trillion dollar deficits in our future for as long as one can see.

The simple fact is that both parties, Bush and Obama are to blame for this deficit spending. Sure the GOP today blames Obama, yet they have not proposed one significant spending cut and they have controlled the house for well over a year.

Our federal deficit is the greatest threat to the future of our country. Generational theft and financing 40% of our governments cost to future generations is immoral.
An Independent

El Paso, TX

#20 Feb 7, 2012
total BS wrote:
<quoted text>
Now what exactly did Bush have to do with a Democrat controlled Congress and Senate not passing a Budget?
He never vetoed one spending bill yet he added new entitlements. He doubled the farm bill and the supported Ted Kennedy's NCLB bill. He also supported the bailouts.

Not sure why the Libs hated him because he certainly legislated like a liberal.
Paco Goldberg

El Paso, TX

#21 Feb 7, 2012
Yes, Obama inherited a mess. But, he definitely added to his mess by increasing the nat'l debt. The only way "we" can get out from under this is to 1) increase tax revenue (i.e., WE ALL PAY MORE or the economy picks up and generates more revenue which can then be taxed), and/or 2) the gov't starts PRINTING more money, and/or 3) the gov't STOPS SPENDING SO MUCH!. Only two of these options is preferrable, but I seriously doubt the economy is going to pick up enough to cover the debt. El Paso has been relatively lucky over the past couple of years, compared to the rest of Texas. One, we have Ft Bliss which is going through an expansion. This has obvious benefits on the local economy. We can probably thank Reyes, at least in part, for this. And, truth be told, in my personal opinion, we have to say "thank you" to Juarez! For whatever reason, a lot of greenbacks seem to be coming back over this way! That is an obvious benefit to us over here. And, truth be told, that's how economies should work!! If you cannot get what you want in one place, you take your money to the place where you can get what you want!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sun Bowl is over 9 hr Gunther Gonzalez 1
2014 NFL Cowboys Talk 10 hr Petro 82
Free gift cards 12 hr huey goins 6
DWI laws and enforcement: is enough being done? 15 hr L Morales 23
El Paso Border Patrol officials taking addition... 17 hr L Morales 3
Why I vote democrat? Sat Petro 2
Abundant Living Faith Center Christmas Celebrat... Fri UR BS 11
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]