Obama-Marriage Debate - Oklahoma City, OK

Discuss the national Obama-Marriage debate in Oklahoma City, OK.

Are you with President Obama in supporting gay marriage?

Oklahoma City is with Obama on gay marriage.
Yes, all the way
 
55
Not at all
 
44
I'm on the fence
 
0

Vote now in Oklahoma City:

Comments
681 - 700 of 847 Comments Last updated -
demo

Valliant, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#724
Nov 9, 2012
 
yes because its not for us to judge and the christian base has dropped the ball on spreading the gospel of jesus more then half americans dont go to church and the preachers need to ask their selves why
demo

Valliant, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#725
Nov 9, 2012
 
people will fall in love with whomever they choose and its not for us to judge . the many baptist,methodist,church of christ etc have dropped the ball on bringing people to the gospel of jesus . over half americans dont go to church and the religious leaders need to ask their selves why ? now in america we have less people who know jesus and thats sad for those of us who dearly believe in jesus and his gift of salvation . the churchs need to ask theirselves how many souls are lost because of their judgement on people . what would jesus say to those leaders that are suppose to be bringing people to him .mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
heartandmind

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#726
Nov 9, 2012
 
Mar1980 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no credibility? Yeah right.. Look, you're just all upset because you know I'm right.. Gay marriage will eventually be legal in all states, and there is nothing you can do to stop the progress. Oklahoma may be the very last state to allow it, but it will happen. I don't know how old you are(I'm guessing pretty old like somewhere in the 40's), but the way the world was is over.. The people are voting for equality and tolerance. Equality for everyone... You had better get used to it, because we aren't going back...
hey now....way old? at 40?

im'm 50 myself - so his / her views aren't necessarily attributable to that age bracket. my guess would be somewhere above 60.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#728
Nov 9, 2012
 
I know you are right? Ha wow thats pretty laughable. I haven't really heard anything from you that I think is right. Oh I have no doubt that eventually there will be a gay marriage mandate from Washington. We have had abortion for many years now and millions have been killed because of it. Just because there is a mandate or law doesn't make it right. There will also probably be legalized drugs and a few other things that most haven't even conceived of yet. God already told us that things will get this way. Its all just a fulfillment of prophesy.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#729
Nov 9, 2012
 
you are old heart although it doesn't really matter. Every generation had idiots. Mar is a good example.
heartandmind

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#730
Nov 12, 2012
 
antiatheist wrote:
I know you are right? Ha wow thats pretty laughable. I haven't really heard anything from you that I think is right. Oh I have no doubt that eventually there will be a gay marriage mandate from Washington. We have had abortion for many years now and millions have been killed because of it. Just because there is a mandate or law doesn't make it right. There will also probably be legalized drugs and a few other things that most haven't even conceived of yet. God already told us that things will get this way. Its all just a fulfillment of prophesy.
just because abortion or same sex marriage is legal doesn't mean you have to have one or the other. there's no mandate stating that evertime a woman is pregnant that she has to have an abortion nor does the law require only same sex marriages to take place.

just like the laws don't mandate that a minister must perfomr the marriage ceremony of a couple he/she doesn't approve of. look at the recent example of the black couple that was in the news - their church refused to perform the marriage ceremony. laws weren't broken and they still got married elsewhere. shocking to them, but they still got married. there's been literally hundreds of other couples that ministers have refused to marry for various reasons....and yet no big legal hassle erupted. it's always been accepted that ministers can choose whether or not to perform a marriage ceremony and that won't change.
heartandmind

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#731
Nov 12, 2012
 
antiatheist wrote:
you are old heart although it doesn't really matter. Every generation had idiots. Mar is a good example.
idiot?
well, i guess you're the one wearing that hat my friend.

and age is all a matter of perception and mindset my friend. i've found that the older ya are, the less likely you're open to "new" things. and my generation seems to be kind of a point in that same sex marriage thing. older generations, not so much. my generation and younger seem to be graduating towards acceptance. the public polls bare that out. just check with the pew organization that polls the public regularly on varying topics.

“Lay off my space shoes.”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#732
Nov 12, 2012
 
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>idiot?
well, i guess you're the one wearing that hat my friend.

and age is all a matter of perception and mindset my friend. i've found that the older ya are, the less likely you're open to "new" things. and my generation seems to be kind of a point in that same sex marriage thing. older generations, not so much. my generation and younger seem to be graduating towards acceptance. the public polls bare that out. just check with the pew organization that polls the public regularly on varying topics.
Anything that anti-a says is irrelevant..
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#733
Nov 12, 2012
 
oh great comeback mar.....I guess that is what I expect from a great mind like yours lol

“Put the X Back in X-Mas.”

Since: Feb 08

Norman, Oklahoma

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#734
Nov 19, 2012
 
antiatheist wrote:
its so funny that any mention of God and you liberals go crazy.
Oh, you poor thing. You still think your sky fairy has any relevance...
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#735
Nov 19, 2012
 
michael......nobody cares what you say. Stop wasting your time trolling topix. Your opinion carries no weight.
The Prophet Mohammed

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#736
Nov 19, 2012
 
Guys not for marryin only women sheep and camels are
Lenny

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#738
Nov 30, 2012
 
The traditional underlying basis of public support for marriage is the birthing and raising of children.

LGBTQ deny this fact because they are hedonist, and they have been eroding the traditional basis of marriage for a long time, often contemptuously referring to heterosexuals as breeders, as if that is a bad thing.

One of the unstated goals of the LGBTQ is to re-define the underlying basis and vital public interest of marriage from raising children to a club for adult hedonism.

A public license is public support, same as taxpayer support. Anyone who gets a public license for an activity is deemed worthy of taxpayer support for that same activity.

There is no essential public interest served in supporting adult hedonism, hetero or homo. There is an obvious public interest in supporting the raising of children.

Traditional marriage formerly recognized that the safety of children was important for any marriage license by requiring all marriage candidates first submit to a blood test for the detection of disease.

LGBTQ pushed to eliminate blood testing as a marriage pre-requisite, using their usual "invasion of privacy" BS rationalization, the same rationalization they've used to get abortion legalized.

The obvious reason they do these dirty deeds is to lower the standard for marriage, because LGBTQ are disproportionate disease incubators and disease proliferators as well as champions of abortion.
Edie Shelton

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#739
Nov 30, 2012
 
Against Biblical principals
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#740
Nov 30, 2012
 
and all of you ignore the fact that there is no theocracy in this country. we are a nation of secular laws.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#741
Nov 30, 2012
 
Lenny wrote:
The traditional underlying basis of public support for marriage is the birthing and raising of children.
LGBTQ deny this fact because they are hedonist, and they have been eroding the traditional basis of marriage for a long time, often contemptuously referring to heterosexuals as breeders, as if that is a bad thing.
One of the unstated goals of the LGBTQ is to re-define the underlying basis and vital public interest of marriage from raising children to a club for adult hedonism.
A public license is public support, same as taxpayer support. Anyone who gets a public license for an activity is deemed worthy of taxpayer support for that same activity.
There is no essential public interest served in supporting adult hedonism, hetero or homo. There is an obvious public interest in supporting the raising of children.
Traditional marriage formerly recognized that the safety of children was important for any marriage license by requiring all marriage candidates first submit to a blood test for the detection of disease.
LGBTQ pushed to eliminate blood testing as a marriage pre-requisite, using their usual "invasion of privacy" BS rationalization, the same rationalization they've used to get abortion legalized.
The obvious reason they do these dirty deeds is to lower the standard for marriage, because LGBTQ are disproportionate disease incubators and disease proliferators as well as champions of abortion.
how about some substantiation on those accusations?
texas eliminated the blood test requirement back in the early 80s - long before this issue became what it is.
LD Selvidge

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#742
Nov 30, 2012
 
It contradicts how God created us to be. Anything opposite is deception. Marriage reflects our union with God - He is not gay and does not promote homosexuality.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#743
Nov 30, 2012
 
LD Selvidge wrote:
It contradicts how God created us to be. Anything opposite is deception. Marriage reflects our union with God - He is not gay and does not promote homosexuality.
again, our laws are secular, not biblical. this is not a theocratic form of government.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#744
Nov 30, 2012
 
thou shalt not steal, murder, etc. are not secular ideas or laws. Also please quit trying to piggy back onto racism against blacks. Being a race is not a choice.......being gay is.
interesting

Wylie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#745
Dec 1, 2012
 
antiatheist wrote:
thou shalt not steal, murder, etc. are not secular ideas or laws. Also please quit trying to piggy back onto racism against blacks. Being a race is not a choice.......being gay is.
Hey stupid - not everyone will accept your biblical faith. Get over it. I refuse to submit to your religion. I and many others in America will not allow you to run roughshod over our rights as American citizens to not adhere to any particular religion.

Furthermore, just because you fail to accept various medical and psychological professional groups statements doesn't make your opinion the correct one. It just makes it the unsubstantiated one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

30 Users are viewing the Oklahoma City Forum right now

Search the Oklahoma City Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 13 min Donnie 71,759
Southwestern Christian University Expels Studen... 3 hr WasteWater 461
Oklahomans React To Executive Order Protecting ... 7 hr TerryE 6
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) Mon el Jesus 2,591
OK The "English is the Official Language of Oklaho... (Oct '10) Mon Jesus 11,284
Worst band in Oklahoma ? Jul 27 Doug 2
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) Jul 23 Mariah 55

Oklahoma City Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]