Obama-Marriage Debate - Norton, VA

Discuss the national Obama-Marriage debate in Norton, VA.

Are you with President Obama in supporting gay marriage?

Norton is with Obama on gay marriage.
Yes, all the way
 
8
Not at all
 
7
I'm on the fence
 
0

Vote now in Norton:

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: May 12

Knoxville, TN

#1 May 13, 2012
it's wrong
jim

Knoxville, TN

#2 May 13, 2012
because everyone deserves the right to be happy!
Blank

Wise, VA

#3 May 15, 2012
TinCup2 wrote:
it's wrong
Why is it "wrong?"
brandon

Knoxville, TN

#4 May 26, 2012
love is love!
brenda

Knoxville, TN

#5 May 29, 2012
it's wrong because the bible, which is gods word, says it is wrong.
abadapple

Surrey, Canada

#6 May 29, 2012
obamma is a christen he says,,, about as much of a christen as e left testicle
booger

Murfreesboro, TN

#7 May 30, 2012
Does y matter of he's Christian. Your make believe god doesn't run this country. People. With brains. That think freely.

That runs this country.

Please Christians do us all a favor and buy an island somewhere so you can all move to it and sprea your hate and ignorance there.
booger

Murfreesboro, TN

#8 May 30, 2012
Because we don't have the right to tell them no.
It's not like marrying a dog or a child. No harm is coming to either party of they consent to marriage. It would be good for the country as a whole. In 20 years It will be common place.
Blank

East Stone Gap, VA

#9 May 30, 2012
brenda wrote:
it's wrong because the bible, which is gods word, says it is wrong.
Bible also says "not to wear clothing made of more than one material", and tells how to take care of your SLAVES and even implies that killing of a fetus is NOT a crime!! Do you follow these too or do you just cherrypick stuff to justify your own bigotry and hatred? Maybe you should read the words of JESUS, who talked of love, compassion, peace, being NON-judgemental, and helping poor and sick. And...Jesus NEVER MENTIONED HOMOSEXUALITY!! Too bad so many (so-called) "Christians" now just condemn, condescend, judge and hate. I am a Unitarian and don;t know if I could speak for Jesus, but i think He might be appalled at what passes for "religion" in His name these days. Sad....
brenda

Knoxville, TN

#10 May 30, 2012
so many verses in the bible regarding gays. jesus does not hate the sinner, he hates the sin.
Blank

East Stone Gap, VA

#11 May 31, 2012
brenda wrote:
so many verses in the bible regarding gays. jesus does not hate the sinner, he hates the sin.
Actually, NO! Only archaic passages in Leviticus mention homosexuality and some of (so-called & self appointed) "Apostle" Paul, who is very controversial, implies it.
pauline owens

Madison, TN

#12 Jun 2, 2012
Blank wrote:
<quoted text>Bible also says "not to wear clothing made of more than one material", and tells how to take care of your SLAVES and even implies that killing of a fetus is NOT a crime!! Do you follow these too or do you just cherrypick stuff to justify your own bigotry and hatred? Maybe you should read the words of JESUS, who talked of love, compassion, peace, being NON-judgemental, and helping poor and sick. And...Jesus NEVER MENTIONED HOMOSEXUALITY!! Too bad so many (so-called) "Christians" now just condemn, condescend, judge and hate. I am a Unitarian and don;t know if I could speak for Jesus, but i think He might be appalled at what passes for "religion" in His name these days. Sad....
I dont hate no one,love every body,here what the bible say about homosexuality,Read your bible,be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers:for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? and what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that blieveth with an infidel?wherefore come out from among them,and be ye separate,saith the lord,and touch not the unclean thing,and i will receive you,and will be a father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters said the Lord Almighty.[11 cor.6;14,15,17,18]
pauline owens

Madison, TN

#13 Jun 2, 2012
booger wrote:
Does y matter of he's Christian. Your make believe god doesn't run this country. People. With brains. That think freely.
That runs this country.
Please Christians do us all a favor and buy an island somewhere so you can all move to it and sprea your hate and ignorance there.
We dont half to buy island some where,we as christians have a home in heaven where we going,Where your home? No gays will be there unless you make it right with God and let him come into your life and get saved. Read your Bible and see where you stand with God.
hehe

Murfreesboro, TN

#14 Jun 2, 2012
pauline owens wrote:
<quoted text>We dont half to buy island some where,we as christians have a home in heaven where we going,Where your home? No gays will be there unless you make it right with God and let him come into your life and get saved. Read your Bible and see where you stand with God.
Which version of the bible are you using? Cause King James, You know, the man who commissioned the King James version of the bible, one of the most common forms of it today, was greatly speculated as being..... GAY!!! Another thing. The word homosexual never even appeared in the bible until the late 19th century. There was no mention of the word in any version of the bible up until then.:) So, thank a homosexual for your bible!! YAY!!
george

Madison, TN

#15 Jun 2, 2012
abadapple wrote:
obamma is a christen he says,,, about as much of a christen as e left testicle
AMAN,you are so right,If he get back in again United States gone,We can kiss our A_---good by.
Anonymous

Mount Juliet, TN

#16 Jun 2, 2012
Thats why this country is in the shape its in and going further downhill because it has turned against God.
pauline owens

Madison, TN

#17 Jun 2, 2012
hehe wrote:
<quoted text>
Which version of the bible are you using? Cause King James, You know, the man who commissioned the King James version of the bible, one of the most common forms of it today, was greatly speculated as being..... GAY!!! Another thing. The word homosexual never even appeared in the bible until the late 19th century. There was no mention of the word in any version of the bible up until then.:) So, thank a homosexual for your bible!! YAY!!
Yes i do go by the king james version,no matter what you are any one say say homosexual is abomation to God,that it a sin,and God hate sin,God love you, I dont want to put no one down that every one choice what they want out of life.I would like to see people get saved and they have a better life knowing they will be in heaven when they die.I assure you have family already gone on to be with the Lord and i know you would love to see them again.I know i have family gone on and i will do the best i can to be with them.No matter if you are gay are what every or who you are.just to let you know that i love you and i will pray for you.I hope some day we can set down and talk.you might learn me something new that i dont know.Hope we can be friends.love you pauline
abadapple

Surrey, Canada

#18 Jun 18, 2012
booger wrote:
Does y matter of he's Christian. Your make believe god doesn't run this country. People. With brains. That think freely.
That runs this country.
Please Christians do us all a favor and buy an island somewhere so you can all move to it and sprea your hate and ignorance there.
your name says it all definition parasite,lowlfe
abadapple

Surrey, Canada

#19 Jun 18, 2012
pauline owens wrote:
<quoted text> Yes i do go by the king james version,no matter what you are any one say say homosexual is abomation to God,that it a sin,and God hate sin,God love you, I dont want to put no one down that every one choice what they want out of life.I would like to see people get saved and they have a better life knowing they will be in heaven when they die.I assure you have family already gone on to be with the Lord and i know you would love to see them again.I know i have family gone on and i will do the best i can to be with them.No matter if you are gay are what every or who you are.just to let you know that i love you and i will pray for you.I hope some day we can set down and talk.you might learn me something new that i dont know.Hope we can be friends.love you pauline
this lady is copletely right they rewrote the book and lied read the version she says she is completely right
Blank

East Stone Gap, VA

#20 Jun 18, 2012
pauline owens wrote:
<quoted text>I dont hate no one,love every body,here what the bible say about homosexuality,Read your bible,be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers:for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? and what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that blieveth with an infidel?wherefore come out from among them,and be ye separate,saith the lord,and touch not the unclean thing,and i will receive you,and will be a father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters said the Lord Almighty.[11 cor.6;14,15,17,18]
You are just randomly spitting out Bible verses without addressing my questions....WHY??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Little Mexico Norton va will open doors soon Tue yep 3
Cops sitting at wal mart hill Oct 28 SMH 16
City makes drug arrests Oct 28 SMH 24
corn night Oct 28 pigwig bagboy 4
Harley herron (Dec '12) Oct 26 GrowUp 22
JIB Raider Football Oct 25 Football Fan 3
drug bust in norton Oct 24 June Bug 2
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]