Obama-Marriage Debate - Farmington, NM

Discuss the national Obama-Marriage debate in Farmington, NM.

Are you with President Obama in supporting gay marriage?

Farmington is not with Obama on gay marriage
Not at all
 
11
Yes, all the way
 
1
I'm on the fence
 
0

Vote now in Farmington:

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just me

Houston, TX

#1 May 12, 2012
Marriage one man, one woman. Period
simonjester

Mesquite, TX

#2 May 12, 2012
There are civil unions everyday between 2 men, 3,4,5 men, they are called contracts.
When the government took the word marriage away from the church is when the problem started, the church couldn't give incentives and handouts for being married, but government can.
Take the government control of marriage away and the problem disappears.
naalthjiide

Farmington, NM

#3 May 16, 2012
One man and one woman make a marriage. One man and one woman can procreate. End of story.
naalthjiide

Farmington, NM

#4 May 17, 2012
In the bible what happens to Sodom? Keep it up and see what happens! HEHEHEHEHE

Since: May 11

Gallipolis, OH

#5 May 17, 2012
naalthjiide wrote:
In the bible what happens to Sodom? Keep it up and see what happens! HEHEHEHEHE
In the bible, what happens to women who aren't virgins when they marry? What happens to children who speak out against their parents? What happens when you beat a slave? What happens when you talk to a woman on her period? What happens when you eat shellfish? What happens when you don't pray in secret? What happens when you eat pork? What happens when you build a 700 foot tall building but not when you build a space shuttle? What happens if you rape a woman?
Yup. Moral compass right there.
Patt

Larchmont, NY

#6 May 17, 2012
naalthjiide wrote:
In the bible what happens to Sodom? Keep it up and see what happens! HEHEHEHEHE
Hi BF, I can "keep it up" for you. Wanna see?
Billy goat

Farmington, NM

#7 May 18, 2012
What is the reason for Marriage???? Not to pay taxes Not for health insurance Not for companionship Not for other things gays want. It is to have children by making a commitment to each other in the eyes of GOD. Look at our society now when people no longer make a commitment to each other for a proper marriage. One man has 40 kids how many single moms are there? How many gays marry and raise children?? any studies showing the health of those children. Do they adopt? It seems children are no longer the concern about marriage.
duststorm

Webster, TX

#8 May 20, 2012
We cannot teach children that one man can play like he is the mommy and the other man can play like he is the dadday, and call that normal. It is child abuse to teach children something that children know is wrong.
Terry Smith

Farmington, NM

#9 May 28, 2012
Marriage is between one man and one woman.
naalthjiide

Farmington, NM

#10 May 28, 2012
Patt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi BF, I can "keep it up" for you. Wanna see?
Keep it up for another BF.
show no mercy

Albuquerque, NM

#11 May 31, 2012
Obama wants as many votes as possible. He doesn't care who sleeps with who or who marries who, its all about being in office so that he can spend our money. He can care less about moral standards as long as he and his family live high on the hog.
Junior

United States

#12 May 31, 2012
show no mercy wrote:
Obama wants as many votes as possible. He doesn't care who sleeps with who or who marries who, its all about being in office so that he can spend our money. He can care less about moral standards as long as he and his family live high on the hog.
And this is different from any politician - how?
show no mercy

Rio Rancho, NM

#13 Jun 2, 2012
Junior wrote:
<quoted text>
And this is different from any politician - how?
It is not any different than any other politician but how many others have YOU seen allow Gay marriages and Don't ask Don't tell?

Since: Sep 12

United States

#14 Sep 19, 2012
I am an actively supporter of the equality of marriage. Everyone should have their divine rights as being a United States citizen an abide taxpayer. Many people have fought for what is now America. America is known for the land of opportunity & freedom. It would be hypocritical if we refused the simple equality of marriage. Most people oppose because of fear or hate for homosexually. Everyone has at least known someone who was a part of the LGBQT community. There is only one world...& whether you like gay marriage or not, we all must learn to live with it...because it's not going anywhere but because it's the right thing to do.

Since: Sep 12

United States

#15 Sep 19, 2012
duststorm wrote:
We cannot teach children that one man can play like he is the mommy and the other man can play like he is the dadday, and call that normal. It is child abuse to teach children something that children know is wrong.
How would the children know it's wrong? Child abuse is not teaching the importance of respect. Just because you don't like something, at least you could have enough courage to show respect.

Since: Sep 12

United States

#16 Sep 19, 2012
naalthjiide wrote:
One man and one woman make a marriage. One man and one woman can procreate. End of story.
One man & one woman doesn't necessarily make a marriage, but yes, a man & a woman can procreate. Homosexuals who have to considered adopting, insemination process which is costly, or surrogate pregnancy. "End of story."

Since: Sep 12

United States

#18 Sep 19, 2012
Boston Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
In the bible, what happens to women who aren't virgins when they marry? What happens to children who speak out against their parents? What happens when you beat a slave? What happens when you talk to a woman on her period? What happens when you eat shellfish? What happens when you don't pray in secret? What happens when you eat pork? What happens when you build a 700 foot tall building but not when you build a space shuttle? What happens if you rape a woman?
Yup. Moral compass right there.
The bible is not the true words of God.

Since: Sep 12

United States

#19 Sep 19, 2012
show no mercy wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not any different than any other politician but how many others have YOU seen allow Gay marriages and Don't ask Don't tell?
Perhaps because he's the 1st president who is not blindsided to such bigotry.

Since: Sep 12

United States

#20 Sep 19, 2012
Terry Smith wrote:
Marriage is between one man and one woman.
What is marriage anyway? Divorce rates are at an extreme high, people no longer believe in the longevity of love & commitment & most don't want to 'work' at their relationship. Why would you care about gay marriage?

Since: Sep 12

United States

#21 Sep 19, 2012
Billy goat wrote:
What is the reason for Marriage???? Not to pay taxes Not for health insurance Not for companionship Not for other things gays want. It is to have children by making a commitment to each other in the eyes of GOD. Look at our society now when people no longer make a commitment to each other for a proper marriage. One man has 40 kids how many single moms are there? How many gays marry and raise children?? any studies showing the health of those children. Do they adopt? It seems children are no longer the concern about marriage.
I believe it's the longevity of commitment to one person for the rest of your life. Most people no longer believe in the longevity of love & commitment & most don't want to "work" at their relationship. Most married couple refuse to have children and others cannot conceived. Its their own choice, sometimes it's an accident and sometimes it's planned. The world is not perfect. I believe your on a whole different topic. I think your referring to Pro-Life or abortion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) 2 hr The other guy 284
FPD Lt popped for unlawful hunting' 13 hr ODUSMC 4
Farmington commission: Restaurant did not discr... (Sep '10) Fri XandO 192
Random Acts of Kindness (Jun '09) Dec 17 JUST_NOBODY 4,929
Trainers aim to prevent spring sports injuries (Mar '11) Dec 15 kurtcooksalot16 4
Good Luck America Dec 12 Can it get worse 7
1 dead in officer-involved shooting near Farmin... Dec 9 Horace 8
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]