Marijuana Debate - Willow Springs, MO

Discuss the national Marijuana debate in Willow Springs, MO.

Do you support the legalization of Marijuana?

Willow Springs supports
Support
 
75
Oppose
 
28

Vote now in Willow Springs:

yep

Greenbrier, AR

#168 Nov 10, 2012
sossossos wrote:
Yippee all those pot heads can get stoned and oblivious to the world without having to pay a fine. Me on the other hand has to pay big dollars cause I forgot to update my license on my car. Yes indeed God bless America. Plus, now I guess all of the people of Colorado will have all their problems solved that range from poverty to cancer.
Hey,sorry the real world hit you so hard,but I tried to warn you this was going to happen,you just jammed your fingers in your ears and hummed,trying to block out the truth.I smoke everyday and remember the important things like updating my license,maybe you have alzhiemers.Pot helps with that too,slows down the deteareation of the mind.That is right god bless America,where we are free to do as we please and not what others want us to do.The legalization will allow hemp,that plus the new smoke shops will open,along with coffee shops,(if allowed)will bring jobs and money,and other stores stand to profit from tourism.So there will be lots of jobs,and money to be made and had,so yes it will help the poverty problem.As far as cancer,we have been through this,you have seen the links were they show it helps cancer,so yes it will help their cancer problem.Any more smartass remarks,or stupid answers.
gerald peek

Forsyth, MO

#169 Nov 10, 2012
marijuana shuld be legal, its a plant, that would frr up prison space for violent crimes like murder and rape, and tax pot by getting a permit like a hunting permit or drivers license! then crack down on all the un-natural drugs!
gerald peek

Forsyth, MO

#170 Nov 10, 2012
it should be like alcohol! 21 and over can use, own and grow it in your own home or on your property, but can not drive under the use of it! you people legalize gays to get married, thats more un-natural than marijuana! it would also crate jobs if you can grow it and sell pot! it would also slow down theft and violate activity! everyone would be stoned, relaxed and happy!
gerald peek

Forsyth, MO

#171 Nov 10, 2012
most of the reason people use meth over marijuana is they have been in some type of trouble in their life! meth only takes 72 hours to leave your system, when they would rather smoke pot, but" it takes up to 7 weeks for it to clear out of you sytem! and marijuana is way safer for us than ciggaretts! i say legailze pot and ban ciggaretts!
gerald peek

Forsyth, MO

#172 Nov 10, 2012
its also safer than alcohol!
gerald peek

Forsyth, MO

#173 Nov 10, 2012
M.A.D.D. mothers against drunk drivers should be pushing the legaization of marijuana! if the person would of smoked pot insted of gotten drunk.... their loved ones would still be here! my sorrow out to all of you! support marijuana use! God put all natural plant on our earth for a reason!
the customer

Sparta, MO

#174 Nov 11, 2012
Go to RIckey Done
teeny

Sparta, MO

#175 Nov 11, 2012
no
W33nie

United States

#176 Nov 11, 2012
yes
sossossos

Mansfield, MO

#177 Nov 23, 2012
Oh I know the world would be a better place if everyone just let you poor old stoners get stoned and let weed cure all the ailments of the world. If only everyone was as enlightened as you all. lol
yep

Greenbrier, AR

#178 Nov 23, 2012
sossossos wrote:
Oh I know the world would be a better place if everyone just let you poor old stoners get stoned and let weed cure all the ailments of the world. If only everyone was as enlightened as you all. lol
Come on now,don't be a sore loser.It's not your fault,you listened to a gov't that spread lies and pumped the air waves full of one sided propaganda.Now that the majority has the REAL truth about the benefits of marijauna,we will succeed at our mission.Thank you for giving such a spirited attempt at debating the pros and cons of legalization,I'm sure Ronald Regan,and Richard Nixon would be proud of you,but it was all for not.We are no longer "stoners" we are Cannabis enthusiests,oh and the masses are enlightened as all of us,thats why we are making headway now in the legalization,and medicinal fore fronts.Again,I am sorry you lost and feel so bitter about it but hey thats how it happens huh?
We The People

Oklahoma City, OK

#179 Nov 24, 2012
sossossos wrote:
Oh I know the world would be a better place if everyone just let you poor old stoners get stoned and let weed cure all the ailments of the world. If only everyone was as enlightened as you all. lol
Here's a short victory speech for you and your prohibitionist buddies to watch over and over.......enjoy.

&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player
sossossos

Columbia, MO

#180 Dec 6, 2012
I know the benefits. You and yours don't have to face reality and get to live in a fog without anyone stopping you. Of course you think cancer will be cured, all pain will stop and the economy will soon recover. Let's see who is correct and who is not why don't we. Fact is not much is known about the long term affects of pot but evidence shows that it defiantly affects ones ability to reproduce. It can cause hallucinations with long term use. However, let time tell who is right and who is wrong. Prohibitionist is just a way to call names and not listen to the other side. Shows a real level of maturity on your part but again I would expect nothing less.
yep

Damascus, AR

#181 Dec 9, 2012
sossossos wrote:
I know the benefits. You and yours don't have to face reality and get to live in a fog without anyone stopping you. Of course you think cancer will be cured, all pain will stop and the economy will soon recover. Let's see who is correct and who is not why don't we. Fact is not much is known about the long term affects of pot but evidence shows that it defiantly affects ones ability to reproduce. It can cause hallucinations with long term use. However, let time tell who is right and who is wrong. Prohibitionist is just a way to call names and not listen to the other side. Shows a real level of maturity on your part but again I would expect nothing less.
You are wrong in so many ways,it has already been proven that it slows cancers growth if not stopping it altogether.STRIKE ONE.If legalized,it will provide thousands of jobs,and millions of dollars in taxes.STRIKE TWO.Need to research a little better,they have been studying this plant for a long time(YOU just don't know much about it,which is obvious)You cant be serious about the hallucinations what a fuc7ing joke.You are not listening to the other side.Sorry but the people have spoken and we won you lost get over it.Com e to grips with it baby cause it's happening and there is not one damn thing you can do about it.STRIKE THREE.As far as mature,you are far from it.Go back reread,YOU started name calling by using slang terms.Now you can read lots of stuff about it on the web,news papers,and on most major news websites.
Sandy

Forsyth, MO

#182 Dec 9, 2012
It should never have been made illegal in the first place, it is too useful. It is far less harmful than tobacco or alcohol if you are looking at recreation or legal pharmaceuticals for that matter if you are looking at medicinal use. It does not incite people to violence. Plus, the industrial uses for it are great and in the Ozarks it is one of the few cash crops that many people could grow in this crummy soil since it is not a heavy feeder, it is good for food both for humans and livestock (saved the Russians from starvation during a famine), textiles, paper, and thousands of other uses, does not deplete the soil etc. I can't think of a single reason it should be illegal except for the ridiculous reasons that made it so in the first place and most of them were greed or racist based, not based on facts or any real harm.It is a simple plant, put on this earth by God for our use and it has plenty of uses. Who is the government to say we cannot use it? Just as stupid as when Canada banned St. John's Wort, it's all about the money. We import it from Europe and I think it's disgraceful that our own farmers don't get a piece of that agricultural pie, we send enough money to foreign countries as it is. It would be a boon to the economy and save millions of dollars spent on the failed "War on Drugs", ask the members of L.E.A.P. or look them up and get the opinion of people who KNOW what they are talking about, not folks who are parroting the propaganda of the day.
Gabby

Oklahoma City, OK

#183 Dec 16, 2012
sossossos wrote:
I know the benefits. You and yours don't have to face reality and get to live in a fog without anyone stopping you. Of course you think cancer will be cured, all pain will stop and the economy will soon recover. Let's see who is correct and who is not why don't we. Fact is not much is known about the long term affects of pot but evidence shows that it defiantly affects ones ability to reproduce. It can cause hallucinations with long term use. However, let time tell who is right and who is wrong. Prohibitionist is just a way to call names and not listen to the other side. Shows a real level of maturity on your part but again I would expect nothing less.
Dad, please don't forget to take your crazy pill again tonight. O.K.
sososos

Columbia, MO

#184 Mar 26, 2013
Never mentioned hemp. You people really suggesting that pot should be legal so we can make rope and clothing. I don't think so. Don't pretend to have some righteous motive. You want to get stoned and be oblivious to the world and any negative consequences be damned cause you want what you want.
sososos

Columbia, MO

#185 Mar 26, 2013
http://thisisyourbrainondrugs.org/...
Check this out. Here is a picture of a brain scan of a person who used pot on a regular basis. Now tell me how this stuff is not only not harmful but beautiful and good for you. Go ahead and argue with science. You will come up with some lame excuse I know.

Since: Sep 13

Willow Springs, MO

#186 Sep 22, 2013
use for medical reson then yes. its a god give plant.
The Truth

Sparta, MO

#187 Sep 22, 2013
There are not enuff dopers..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willow Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Felonius Check Writer 2 hr filo bedo 3
Michael Davis 6 hr Nos 1
stormy morgan Tue cowboy 3
troy Mon logan 6
Best way to keep the well house above freezing (Jan '14) Mon Gwar 14
Do you approve of Jay Waggoner as Mayor? Mon poster child 22
grace stilwell for mayor Nov 24 Rip 7
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]