Marijuana Debate - Seattle, WA

Discuss the national Marijuana debate in Seattle, WA.

Do you support the legalization of Marijuana?

Seattle supports
Support
 
96
Oppose
 
18

Vote now in Seattle:

Comments
121 - 140 of 247 Comments Last updated -
The Radio Star

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#137
Jun 28, 2012
 
The government needs to do a better job at convincing the American voters if they want to continue on with this failed prohibition of marijuana. They claim that the 'plant' is dangerous and deadly, yet they can't provide any proof or credible evidence to back these claims up. If you want to know the FACTS about marijuana then click on the link below.

"The truth about marijuana the government doesn't want you to know."

&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player
ThomasA

Gadsden, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#138
Jul 3, 2012
 
Parmsplace wrote:
Tax it, don't prosecute it!
If the government gets involved in taxing MJ, it will double the cost just as it has done liquor.Getting caught with untaxed pot will be the same as getting caught with moonshine whisky. One to five for the first offense. Growers will be subject to inspections just like distilleries and every ounce will be accounted for.
ThomasA

Gadsden, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#139
Jul 3, 2012
 
JMP-impin Skrimpin wrote:
I love all drugs. Legalize it all, what I choose to do is none of your business, stop trying to protect me from myself.
What you do on your time is your business I agree,BUT if you work in a "zero tolerance workzone",what you have in your system,on their premises,on their time is the employer's. It doesn't seem logical that stoners try to get hired by companies with those policies and get ^%ssed off when the get caught and fired. Then they really get irritated when they look for another job and a "drug related dismissal" turns up on their background check.
moveon

Platina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#140
Nov 12, 2012
 
Read the blog about trinity pine .BECAUSE its coming to washington state good luck
mucker

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#141
Nov 13, 2012
 
282AA5AB
Abu Ismail

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#142
Nov 13, 2012
 
Marijuana stays in the system a long time so anyone tested for driving under influence now will face jail if they used it within two weeks.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143
Nov 13, 2012
 
Mj smokers are pointing out a very valid conflict with the fact that alcohol is legal while Mj is oppressed. The smoke contains carcenogens, which is harmful, but ive never heard of a death caused by Mj use. So its hypocrital to say " because its harmful" unless your going to rid the world of everything harmful.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#144
Nov 13, 2012
 
Abu Ismail wrote:
Marijuana stays in the system a long time so anyone tested for driving under influence now will face jail if they used it within two weeks.
" good point. The test for Marijuana impairment should be whether or not a person can function.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#145
Nov 13, 2012
 
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>What you do on your time is your business I agree,BUT if you work in a "zero tolerance workzone",what you have in your system,on their premises,on their time is the employer's. It doesn't seem logical that stoners try to get hired by companies with those policies and get ^%ssed off when the get caught and fired. Then they really get irritated when they look for another job and a "drug related dismissal" turns up on their background check.
Well then perhaps zero tollorance policies that punish Mj smokers should be labeled discrimination, and outlawed. If a guy that works at Micky Dees is drunk and stumbling, thats one thing. if a guy has blood shot eyes , but is still functioning otherwise, I think its wrong to takeaway his livelyhood, and ruin his chances at another job.
bob

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#146
Nov 13, 2012
 
should never have been a crime
twerk

Kitchener, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#148
Nov 14, 2012
 
orkin33 wrote:
well since californians invented pot and they smoke the most lets see what kind of progress weed can do for your state,now wait a minute there seems to be a lot of californians fleeing their own state now it seems the mexicans need new drug territory , the columbians too -now that is progress and we all know how progressive mexico is
california didn't invent shit you stupid un educated tard
MickeyThomas

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#149
Nov 15, 2012
 
Why not?
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#150
Nov 15, 2012
 
lawabidingalien wrote:
<quoted text> Well then perhaps zero tollorance policies that punish Mj smokers should be labeled discrimination, and outlawed. If a guy that works at Micky Dees is drunk and stumbling, thats one thing. if a guy has blood shot eyes , but is still functioning otherwise, I think its wrong to takeaway his livelyhood, and ruin his chances at another job.
With alcohol there is the BAT. With MJ there is no accurate field test that tells levels of THC in your body,only yes/no. If you hire into a company with a WRITTEN zero tolerance rule,you pass the pre-employment test,you have a set of rules,you are explained those rules,and sign a paper that says you understand those rules,then yes you deserve to be fired if caught. Companies don't have time to be baby sitters for those toads that can't follow rules. If you chose to follow that trail,then the history of your not being able to follow orders and defy company rules will follow follow you on your next job search. You may not think it's fair but once you graduate from the adolescent mentality and get out in the real world,you will see that's just the way life really is. PEACE!!!!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#151
Nov 16, 2012
 
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>With alcohol there is the BAT. With MJ there is no accurate field test that tells levels of THC in your body,only yes/no. If you hire into a company with a WRITTEN zero tolerance rule,you pass the pre-employment test,you have a set of rules,you are explained those rules,and sign a paper that says you understand those rules,then yes you deserve to be fired if caught. Companies don't have time to be baby sitters for those toads that can't folow rules. If you chose to follow that trail,then the history of your not being able to follow orders and defy company rules will follow follow you on your next job search. You may not think it's fair but once you graduate from the adolescent mentality and get out in the real world,you will see that's just the way life really is. PEACE!!!!!

. I never said mj smokers should be allowed to violate company policies, I said we need to trash bull shit, baseless, discriminatory, company policies. Im talking about the bs policy that says mj is harmfull. The same way a company can not tell me they dont want me to eat a cheesrburger for lunch, is the same way they cant tell me what I can smoke!! What I put my body is my choice. As long as I can do my job and I dont force it on any coworker, its my phucking right!!! PEACE!
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#152
Nov 16, 2012
 
lawabidingalien wrote:
<quoted text>
. I never said mj smokers should be allowed to violate company policies, I said we need to trash bull shit, baseless, discriminatory, company policies. Im talking about the bs policy that says mj is harmfull. The same way a company can not tell me they dont want me to eat a cheesrburger for lunch, is the same way they cant tell me what I can smoke!! What I put my body is my choice. As long as I can do my job and I dont force it on any coworker, its my phucking right!!! PEACE!
What you do on your time is your business but until someone comes up with a way to tell if you smoked last week,last night,this morning,during break,or at lunch, the ZERO stays. If you know the rules and choose to break those rules, the company cannot afford to have you endangering the health and wellbeing of other employees not to mention the increased insurance costs for allowing you on the premises if either you hurt someone or someone hurts you and you get busted at the hospital when you get the required pee test before treatment in a workman's comp case. I wouldn't gamble my future with risky behavior as GOOD jobs are hard to get and even harder with a DRD (drug related dismissal) on your record.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#153
Nov 16, 2012
 
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>What you do on your time is your business but until someone comes up with a way to tell if you smoked last week,last night,this morning,during break,or at lunch, the ZERO stays. If you know the rules and choose to break those rules, the company cannot afford to have you endangering the health and wellbeing of other employees not to mention the increased insurance costs for allowing you on the premises if either you hurt someone or someone hurts you and you get busted at the hospital when you get the required pee test before treatment in a workman's comp case. I wouldn't gamble my future with risky behavior as GOOD jobs are hard to get and even harder with a DRD (drug related dismissal) on your record.
So what you are saying is you think msrijuana affects workplace productivity, so the zero tollerance should stay. I GET YOUR POINT. But I DISAGREE. You dont seem to get my point. What im saying is marajuana should be treated just as marlborough cigs are. Im saying that Zero tollerance policies, that punish mj users, are like punishing people for eating a cheeseburger. In other words, im saying that zero tollerence policies SHOULD MAKE SENSE. If a policy does not make sense, that company should not be in business.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154
Nov 16, 2012
 
lawabidingalien wrote:
<quoted text> So what you are saying is you think msrijuana affects workplace productivity, so the zero tollerance should stay. I GET YOUR POINT. But I DISAGREE. You dont seem to get my point. What im saying is marajuana should be treated just as marlborough cigs are. Im saying that Zero tollerance policies, that punish mj users, are like punishing people for eating a cheeseburger. In other words, im saying that zero tollerence policies SHOULD MAKE SENSE. If a policy does not make sense, that company should not be in business.
You want someone working along side of you that's totally wasted? How do you know that you're safe? When did he use? If you get hurt on the job and you test positive and the person that injured you tests positive, would you agree that the company should not be held accountable whatsoever for either of your injuries? Wouldn't it just be easier to avoid jobs where they test?
frogmann

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#155
Nov 16, 2012
 
youtube.com/watch...
ya'all guys are smoking heavy I see? roll us all a number will you?
Pepito

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#156
Nov 16, 2012
 
orkin33 wrote:
well since californians invented pot and they smoke the most lets see what kind of progress weed can do for your state,now wait a minute there seems to be a lot of californians fleeing their own state now it seems the mexicans need new drug territory , the columbians too -now that is progress and we all know how progressive mexico is
Stop being so gay orkin33 cause we already know that just saying :)

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#157
Nov 16, 2012
 
do i want someone working beside me that is really fatigued, sick from the flu, has low blood sugar, mad at the boss, hungover from alcohol, has a heart condition, is morbidly obese, shaky from caffeine? now I'm SCARED to go to work!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Seattle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
State governments may be expanding wealth gap Wed swedenforever 15
Nostradamus' AFFRIQUE (May '12) Wed nobody 230
Surviving Tue Concerned 1
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) Tue Mr Blue 714
NO AMNESTY for ILLEGALS! (Feb '14) Aug 19 ghostwriter3 33
Dog, team gone? (Sep '06) Aug 18 Petal Power 707
You already know you need a bookkeeper Aug 18 TrustedRuss 1

Search the Seattle Forum:

Seattle Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]