Marijuana Debate - Reidsville, NC

Discuss the national Marijuana debate in Reidsville, NC.

Do you support the legalization of Marijuana?

Reidsville supports
Support
 
15
Oppose
 
2

Vote now in Reidsville:

VermontKindBud

Clemmons, NC

#1 Aug 29, 2010
Genesis 1:29 - "I have given you all the seed bearing plants and herbs to use."
Marine Mom

Thomasville, NC

#2 Aug 30, 2010
I wouldnt want my family members on the same highway as someone operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of marijuana. Nor do I think its safe to be in your workplace with someone thats high and whose brain isnt functioning or responding as under normal (uninduced) conditions. Really would you want your daycare workers, teachers, coaches, mentors, military personel, policemen, firemen, EMS, or anyone else that potentionally crosspaths with your children or aging parents and not have quick responses in case of an emergency? I sure wouldnt - but thats my "two cents" on that subject. Ooh-rah!
Marine Mom

Thomasville, NC

#3 Aug 30, 2010
I absolutely wouldnt want to; share the highway, work around, leave my children in the care of, or depend on emergency care from anyone under the influence of marijuana. Really, think about it...would you feel good about leaving your child or aging parents in the care of someone thats high on anything? I sure wouldnt but then again ~ thats just my "two cents worth."
OOH-RAH!
Anonymous

United States

#4 Aug 31, 2010
VermontKindBud wrote:
Genesis 1:29 - "I have given you all the seed bearing plants and herbs to use."
That is BRILLANT, VKB!
God also made poison ivy, poison sumac, hemlock and other poisonous plants... do you ingest or smoke them?
Anon

Charlotte, NC

#5 Sep 4, 2010
Bfly55 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is BRILLANT, VKB!
God also made poison ivy, poison sumac, hemlock and other poisonous plants... do you ingest or smoke them?
at the same time none of those plants are illegal and can very well be used against someone
Anon

Charlotte, NC

#6 Sep 4, 2010
Marine Mom wrote:
I absolutely wouldnt want to; share the highway, work around, leave my children in the care of, or depend on emergency care from anyone under the influence of marijuana. Really, think about it...would you feel good about leaving your child or aging parents in the care of someone thats high on anything? I sure wouldnt but then again ~ thats just my "two cents worth."
OOH-RAH!
Now I agree with you I'd want that person fired for being high on the job. That is just irresponsible, especially if your services are for the care and treatment of other people, but what people do on their own time off the clock is no concern of mine.
Giancarlo

Asheboro, NC

#7 Sep 5, 2010
Marine Mom wrote:
I wouldnt want my family members on the same highway as someone operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of marijuana. Nor do I think its safe to be in your workplace with someone thats high and whose brain isnt functioning or responding as under normal (uninduced) conditions. Really would you want your daycare workers, teachers, coaches, mentors, military personel, policemen, firemen, EMS, or anyone else that potentionally crosspaths with your children or aging parents and not have quick responses in case of an emergency? I sure wouldnt - but thats my "two cents" on that subject. Ooh-rah!
I would not want this either, but then again the same goes against someone driving while consuming alcohol and driving. I also would never even leave my children in the care of someone that smelled like tobacco or marijuana, but I still think that banning marijuana is the wrong way to go with this issue. Control the substance, sell it in local ABC stores, allow the tobacco company's to manufacture it and only sell it to adults ages 25 and above. Of course, there needs to be a law against driving under the influence of marijuana.

Since: Sep 10

Eden, NC

#8 Sep 5, 2010
People smoke Marijuana just because they get a adrenaline rush from doing something wrong. Plus it does less damage to you than alcohol. And is a PROVEN cure to cancer! It has more pro's than con's so my vote is for it.

Since: Sep 10

Eden, NC

#9 Sep 5, 2010
Marine Mom wrote:
I absolutely wouldnt want to; share the highway, work around, leave my children in the care of, or depend on emergency care from anyone under the influence of marijuana. Really, think about it...would you feel good about leaving your child or aging parents in the care of someone thats high on anything? I sure wouldnt but then again ~ thats just my "two cents worth."
OOH-RAH!
But alcohol is illegal for people underage, on the road, at work, and etc. So I don't see why marijuana couldn't be restricted in similar ways.
Common Sense and Reason

Thomasville, NC

#10 Oct 17, 2010
Marine Mom wrote:
I wouldnt want my family members on the same highway as someone operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of marijuana. Nor do I think its safe to be in your workplace with someone thats high and whose brain isnt functioning or responding as under normal (uninduced) conditions. Really would you want your daycare workers, teachers, coaches, mentors, military personel, policemen, firemen, EMS, or anyone else that potentionally crosspaths with your children or aging parents and not have quick responses in case of an emergency? I sure wouldnt - but thats my "two cents" on that subject. Ooh-rah!
Marine Mom, you sound like someone who has never smoked Marijuana and has no personal experience with its use to draw your conclusions from.

Further let me pose this question to you. Would you expect any of the emergency/care personnel you mentioned to be drunk on the job? Of course you wouldn't. Alcohol if you recall is legal as it should be, and teachers, fireman, etc, are not running around drunk on the job. I would also wager that at some point in your life you have also taken a prescribed medicated drug that was far, far more dangerous of a substance than cannabis. So you see, your argument at its very core is flawed.

It is absolutely impossible to overdose on cannabis, and the benefits of its consumption are strong, yet this is the substance that we outlaw.

As one final point for you to ponder. Do you really think that many of the people you come into contact with in your day to day life are not cannabis users already? If so you are wildly ignorant of the pervasive use of cannabis for medicinal and recreational use already in place. I ask you, is your world crumbling down as you predict it would with legalization?

Prohibition of Cannabis is pointless and costs us, TENS of BILLIONs every year in enforcement and loss of revenue. Itís that simple.

(clears throat) OOH-RAH!
Kim In Reidsville

Ramseur, NC

#11 Nov 2, 2010
marijuana has more benefits and not as dangerous as the man made supplements. The long term results of use are far less harmful than alcohol, pills, ect.
ER Nurse

Wilmington, NC

#12 Mar 2, 2011
KaneGauldin wrote:
People smoke Marijuana just because they get a adrenaline rush from doing something wrong. Plus it does less damage to you than alcohol. And is a PROVEN cure to cancer! It has more pro's than con's so my vote is for it.
Marijuana doesn't cure cancer. It makes people that don't have an appetite because of chemo drugs, want to eat. Inhaling smoke in your lungs CAUSES CANCER, no matter what the smoke is from! Who cares if it does less damage to you than alcohol, who says alcohol should be leagal either? The only reason alcohol is on the market and pot isn't is because the government can tax it, and control it. They can't control the TSH in pot. There are medical uses for some drugs. We put cocaine up peoples nose to stop their nosebleeds, that doesn't mean we should make cocaine legal too.
ER Nurse

Wilmington, NC

#13 Mar 2, 2011
Why do we as a society feel the need to ingest these substances into our bodies? These drugs don't make our problems go away. They just make us unable to deal with our problems that come about and cause us to loose our ablity to cope with everyday issues. Just because the government makes it legal, doesn't make it right. Legal isn't the issue. Drugs that alter us are percribed for people legally all the time but are they really helping the individulal in the long term?
Wiliam S. Black

Lexington, NC

#14 Mar 5, 2011
Come on, We are in the USA, Some States have no problem, and it works.
john

Eden, NC

#16 Jan 24, 2015
prohibition

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reidsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Kathye's Jewelry & Pawn May '15 Judy Beasley 1
Poll Califonia nurse now NC stole drugs for years li... (Mar '14) May '15 anonymous 44
Debate: Gay Marriage - Eden, NC (Jan '12) May '15 Anonymous 34
Anyone know thomas jackson daniels Apr '15 looking 1
News dwi Mar '15 anonymous 1
Daniel Lee Loftis (Mar '14) Mar '15 Troy 11
person of interest Feb '15 Alice 2
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]