Marijuana Debate - Pittsburgh, PA

Discuss the national Marijuana debate in Pittsburgh, PA.

Do you support the legalization of Marijuana?

Pittsburgh supports
Support
 
275
Oppose
 
14

Vote now in Pittsburgh:

ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#878 Feb 3, 2013
crickets wrote:
*chirp*
here's another one of your useless redundant repetitive boring asinine post, x2
<quoted text><quoted text>
look @ the numbers across the country- you've already lost this one- just a matter of time...
You can smoke now, no one is stopping you BUT workplace rules will not be changed until the government drops the rules requiring companies to provide OSHA protection and workman's comp insurance. A company cannot be forced to hire a stoners and dopers,insure them,and let them be a threat to the safety and wellbeing to other employees. Why do you have a hard time with that? There are "jobs" out there that don't require testing. If your life revolves around the pursuit of a buzz, stay away from jobs where your type is not wanted. Simple.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#882 Feb 4, 2013
btw wrote:
I forgot to mention how condescending your use of phraseologies "your type" & "stoners" & "dopers" (lumping all cannabis consumers together under pejorative, POP culture terminologies) was, since you obviously are operating from a limited & limiting frame of reference & belief systems.
I'd wager you sometimes use a little "hate speech" when you think you're with friends who won't call you on it, eh?
I'll put it nicer. Lets just call them " Cannabis addicted persons trying to force workplaces and the public to accept them in their impared condition". How's that? Does that description make you feel better on the lines of your thinking?
gung ho

Oklahoma City, OK

#884 Feb 4, 2013
btw wrote:
Bullshit.
I've never ONCE, in my myriads of identities, ever supported or endorsed the use of cannabis in the workplace.
Metabolites found in persons 8-10 huors after its ingestion DO NOT indicate impairment, indeed, those metabolites indicate that the pleasant mental side effects of cannabis sedation have abated, in contrast to currently approved opiates & tranquilizers, whose demonstrated half-lives indicate EXTENDED periods of undesirable side effects & impairment, hours, sometimes DAYs after their use.
But you're not really concerned with Truth, Facts, or Personal Freedoms.
What someone does for recreation on their own time, unless it poses a clear, direct, & present danger, is their own business, and no one else's.
To demand purity of bodily fluids from free human beings in exchange for regular employment is fascism, pure and simple. It has been a Constitutional Nightmare ever since activist judges, bueracrats, and legislators let this Abomination of Justice prevail.
And now they're gonna take away our means of self-defense. Hope you like your fuckingBrave New World, you slavedriving fascist punk.
Free Men shitdown your throat in your sleep.<quoted text>
HELL YEAH, tell that clueless p.o.s. how it is! Dude......you are my hero!
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#886 Feb 4, 2013
btw wrote:
thanks
sorry about my typos- i was on a roll- i don't usually waste so much time on Tommy, WHEREever he pops up...<quoted text>
Do what you want on your time,but you better be ready to pass a drug screen Monday morning or you're history.. The ball is in your court. YOU MAKE THE CALL!
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#888 Feb 4, 2013
btw wrote:
bullshit drug screens are bad science
don't show an accurate picture of impairment<quoted text>
nowFUCKoffandDIEyouPOS
Your signature is on a piece of paper that says a positive as in P-O-S-I-T-I-V-E will terminate your employment. It doesn't say 5%,25% 75%.,It says POSITIVE! Either live with it or get out the way of someone who will!
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#890 Feb 4, 2013
btw wrote:
Cypher THIS:
L-I-K-E-I-G-I-V-E-A-D-A-M-N-!
<quoted text>i don't sign bullshit like that- don't have to-
times will tell & what they will say to you is:
"we're a-changin', and you better move with us or be left behind."
Then you don't work in a company that cares about it's employees. You refuse to sign the written rules of behavior, you don't get hired. Have a happy future.
dat boy need to chill

Pittsburgh, PA

#891 Feb 5, 2013
Good gawd, bubba, if I've ever seen anyone more in need of a few long, deep tokes of MJ, it be you, ThomasA(zzhat)!
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#892 Feb 5, 2013
dat boy need to chill wrote:
Good gawd, bubba, if I've ever seen anyone more in need of a few long, deep tokes of MJ, it be you, ThomasA(zzhat)!
I understand reality is difficult for you to take but until the laws are changed,it's best you learn to live with them. If laws are relaxed in the future, the actions and convictions of the dopers,stoners,and potheads that committed laws before legalization will not be erased from your criminal records and many times those records follow you to your grave.
dat boy need to chill

Pittsburgh, PA

#894 Feb 6, 2013
"Committed laws?" WTF, ThomasA(zzhat)! English a second language for you?

But at least you understand that "the times, they are a changin'," bubba; until then, however, I'll keep my own counsel on the matter, and you can keep your sanctimonious pontifications to yourself, thank you very much!

Oh, and by the way... I personally don't smoke MJ, but I do find you and your preachy, right wing-nut ilk to be just a wee bit amusing... as most azzhat's are.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#895 Feb 6, 2013
holy crap! a cannabis conviction following me to my grave? I'm really scared now!(rolls eyes) dude get's more pathetic with every post!
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#896 Feb 6, 2013
guitarman16226 wrote:
holy crap! a cannabis conviction following me to my grave? I'm really scared now!(rolls eyes) dude get's more pathetic with every post!
If you still live with mommy and daddy you have no problem.... but out in the REAL world, background checks finding applicants to be stoners,potheads,and in general losers,will also find their applications going straight to the round file. Too many clean straight people out there looking for a positition to waste time on a loser just looking for a "job".
dat boy need to chill

Pittsburgh, PA

#898 Feb 6, 2013
Tommmy-boy, while it is true a lot a young folks live at home now, because the GOP savaged the world economy to advance the personal interests of the crony capitalists they serve, I support myself, unlike a bumbling, backwoods Bama bubba like yourself.

Tell me, was it your child or a sibling that surrendered their soul to drug addiction? Nothing else would the blind vehemence of your lame rhetoric here.

Since: May 10

Dyersburg, TN

#899 Feb 6, 2013
dat boy need to chill wrote:
Tommmy-boy, while it is true a lot a young folks live at home now, because the GOP savaged the world economy to advance the personal interests of the crony capitalists they serve, I support myself, unlike a bumbling, backwoods Bama bubba like yourself.
Tell me, was it your child or a sibling that surrendered their soul to drug addiction? Nothing else would the blind vehemence of your lame rhetoric here.
How many times did you have to look over the dictionary for your terms? If you would have actually gone to college, then you would have taken a speech class or two depending on your major. And then you would know to speak to the audience and not let them sit there in confusion wondering what you are trying to convey, using words that you prepared not really knowing the meaning of them until you looked them up in a dictionary with synonyms.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#900 Feb 6, 2013
dat boy need to chill wrote:
Tommmy-boy, while it is true a lot a young folks live at home now, because the GOP savaged the world economy to advance the personal interests of the crony capitalists they serve,.
So what you are saying is that you have advanced to your limits very early and you're happy to stay there in that rut from here on. That's good, very good, but please stay in the right lane and let the others pass you on by.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#902 Feb 7, 2013
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>If you still live with mommy and daddy you have no problem.... but out in the REAL world, background checks finding applicants to be stoners,potheads,and in general losers,will also find their applications going straight to the round file. Too many clean straight people out there looking for a positition to waste time on a loser just looking for a "job".
more proof of you being sadistic....you're sick!
Dat boy need to chill

Pittsburgh, PA

#905 Feb 7, 2013
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>So what you are saying is that you have advanced to your limits very early and you're happy to stay there in that rut from here on. That's good, very good, but please stay in the right lane and let the others pass you on by.
No, what I said, TommyA(zzhat)-boy, is dat you be a bumbling, backwoods Bama bubba more accustomed to navigating single-lane, dirt roads... and you should be careful that "left lane" you refer to isn't actually the opposing traffic about to put YOU out of OUR misery!
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#906 Feb 8, 2013
Dat boy need to chill wrote:
<quoted text>
No, what I said, TommyA(zzhat)-boy, is dat you be a bumbling, backwoods Bama bubba more accustomed to navigating single-lane, dirt roads... and you should be careful that "left lane" you refer to isn't actually the opposing traffic about to put YOU out of OUR misery!
One major difference: WE own the companies,YOU don't. WE make the rules for the safety and wellbeing of ALL the employees, YOU don't. When YOU feel that YOU have the balls to go start a company,get financing,build markets,provide insurance and benefits for loyal employees who show up on time,sober,straight,and not chemically impared,then be my guest to becoming an entrepreneur. If you can't get on board the mainstream train,enjoy living on what you can find along side the tracks. Alllllllll Aboard!

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#907 Feb 8, 2013
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>One major difference: WE own the companies,YOU don't. WE make the rules for the safety and wellbeing of ALL the employees, YOU don't. When YOU feel that YOU have the balls to go start a company,get financing,build markets,provide insurance and benefits for loyal employees who show up on time,sober,straight,and not chemically impared,then be my guest to becoming an entrepreneur. If you can't get on board the mainstream train,enjoy living on what you can find along side the tracks. Alllllllll Aboard!
you're sick and sadistic...ain't nobody got no time for you or your train...
gung ho

Oklahoma City, OK

#908 Feb 8, 2013
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>One major difference: WE own the companies,YOU don't. WE make the rules for the safety and wellbeing of ALL the employees, YOU don't. When YOU feel that YOU have the balls to go start a company,get financing,build markets,provide insurance and benefits for loyal employees who show up on time,sober,straight,and not chemically impared,then be my guest to becoming an entrepreneur. If you can't get on board the mainstream train,enjoy living on what you can find along side the tracks. Alllllllll Aboard!
hey peck sucker, your the worst troll ever........hellbilly doesn't even spam as much as you.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#909 Feb 8, 2013
gung ho wrote:
<quoted text>hey peck sucker, your the worst troll ever........hellbilly doesn't even spam as much as you.
Head on back to never-never land wiff yo "buddies"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsburgh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police protesters march from Oakland to South S... 2 hr bacon hater 37
Cops: Homeowner shot man trying to take downspouts 5 hr Old Cynic 1
Do YOU know Douglas Clark? 6 hr Nu2Burg4um 20
Chipped Ham Pink is Now a Nail Polish Color 11 hr Rachel 1
Michael Brown was a juvenile delinquent on DRUGS!! Tue yo a bigot and troll 6
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Pittsburgh (Nov '13) Tue bodelll 44
With crime coverage, paper a challenging commun... Dec 15 Old Cynic 1
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]