Marijuana Debate - Pittsburgh, PA

Discuss the national Marijuana debate in Pittsburgh, PA.

Do you support the legalization of Marijuana?

Pittsburgh supports
Support
 
269
Oppose
 
14

Vote now in Pittsburgh:

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of913
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Homey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 24, 2010
 
the only reason it's not legal now is pressure from the booze barons, big pharma and the crooked politicos can't figure out how to handle something that grows wild.
LadyeHawke

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 24, 2010
 
I have difficulty supporting a substance that impairs the body. I saw the damage done from using marijuana to two of my children.
Yarly

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 25, 2010
 
And God brought forth the green herb bearing seed after it's kind, and said that it was GOOD. Genesis
DOUGLAS CLARK

Coraopolis, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 25, 2010
 
The entire "War On Drugs" is bogus!
DOUGLAS CLARK

Coraopolis, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 25, 2010
 
Sorry about duplicate posts. The computer stuck.
DOUGLAS CLARK

Coraopolis, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 25, 2010
 
LadyeHawke wrote:
I have difficulty supporting a substance that impairs the body. I saw the damage done from using marijuana to two of my children.
And without weed, what would your excuse be?
Somkin Joe

Allison Park, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 25, 2010
 
Marijuana can trigger neurological damage to various parts of the brain., Especially in young people when the brain is in early stages of development . Excessive use at this time can lead to everlasting and permanent brain damage in most cases. We all know someone who had an extreme personality change with out a real factual explanation. But if given a choice on what drug to abuse myself with I would prefer Marijuana over alcohol any day.
LadyeHawke

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 25, 2010
 
DOUGLAS CLARK wrote:
<quoted text>
And without weed, what would your excuse be?
No excuses; just facts. My children are grateful that my husband and I practiced tough love. We got both of them into rehab. When they were no longer under the influence of MJ they were able to think clearly. They are glad that we loved them enough to have held them accountable.
Conservative Christian

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 25, 2010
 
Yarly wrote:
And God brought forth the green herb bearing seed after it's kind, and said that it was GOOD. Genesis
God said, "Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed which is upon the face of all the earth.…To you it will be for meat." … And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.(Genesis 1:29-31)

The Bible speaks of a special plant. "I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more." (Ezekiel 34:29)

A healing plant. On either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare 12 manner of fruits, and yielding her fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.(Revelations 22:1-2) A gift from God.

I will take my rest and I will consider in my dwelling place like a clear heat upon herbs. For afore harvest, when the bud is perfect and the sour grape is ripening in the flower, he shall cut off the sprigs with pruning hooks and take away and cut down the branches." (Isaiah 18:4-5)

He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And wine that maketh glad the heart of man and oil to make his face to shineth.(Psalm 104:14-15)
Jacob

Canonsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 25, 2010
 
Tobacco kills over 400,000 people every year.
Marijuana kills 0.

Why is this harmless plant matter still illegal? Its nonsensical and hypocritical for this law to stay.
Jacob

Canonsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 25, 2010
 
LadyeHawke wrote:
<quoted text>No excuses; just facts. My children are grateful that my husband and I practiced tough love. We got both of them into rehab. When they were no longer under the influence of MJ they were able to think clearly. They are glad that we loved them enough to have held them accountable.
How controlling of you. Sending your children to rehab over a plant that has NO physical addictive qualities. It's not the plant's fault that your children couldn't "think clearly." Do you have any idea how many grown, functional and professional adults smoke marijuana without any problems? Alcohol impairs judgment more than marijuana does, but I bet you wouldn't mind your children drinking once they turn 21, right? Why? Because it's legal? That means nothing.
The only reason "rehab" would ever work on any pot smoker would be because they're too naive to do any research of their own. They just blindly believe the lies that rehab centers [and uneducated parents ] hand them about the "devil weed."
DOUGLAS CLARK

Coraopolis, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 26, 2010
 
Jacob wrote:
<quoted text>
How controlling of you. Sending your children to rehab over a plant that has NO physical addictive qualities. It's not the plant's fault that your children couldn't "think clearly." Do you have any idea how many grown, functional and professional adults smoke marijuana without any problems? Alcohol impairs judgment more than marijuana does, but I bet you wouldn't mind your children drinking once they turn 21, right? Why? Because it's legal? That means nothing.
The only reason "rehab" would ever work on any pot smoker would be because they're too naive to do any research of their own. They just blindly believe the lies that rehab centers [and uneducated parents ] hand them about the "devil weed."
I was going to get deeper into this with "Ladyhawke", but I get so tired of these PAID posters spouting their senseless drivel. Trust me, there was no "rehab" going on, and plus, she suddenly found a husband. Her "kids", you know the grateful ones who gush about mommy sending them away, are as bogus as the "War On Drugs".
LadyeHawke

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 26, 2010
 
Jacob wrote:
<quoted text>
How controlling of you. Sending your children to rehab over a plant that has NO physical addictive qualities. It's not the plant's fault that your children couldn't "think clearly." Do you have any idea how many grown, functional and professional adults smoke marijuana without any problems? Alcohol impairs judgment more than marijuana does, but I bet you wouldn't mind your children drinking once they turn 21, right? Why? Because it's legal? That means nothing.
The only reason "rehab" would ever work on any pot smoker would be because they're too naive to do any research of their own. They just blindly believe the lies that rehab centers [and uneducated parents ] hand them about the "devil weed."
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I do know the harm of alcohol having grown up with a father who drank. How well I know the harm. I have chosen to get help rather than raising my children in the madness. I do wholeheartedly agree with you regarding alcohol: it has destroyed many a family. Recovery does work...one day at a time. I am grateful for Adult Children of Alcoholics meetings and the message of hope that is available. My children are grateful that I chose to recover from the effects of an alcoholic upraising. So is my husband...my one and only. For which I am grateful to God.
LadyeHawke

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 26, 2010
 
DOUGLAS CLARK wrote:
<quoted text>
I was going to get deeper into this with "Ladyhawke", but I get so tired of these PAID posters spouting their senseless drivel. Trust me, there was no "rehab" going on, and plus, she suddenly found a husband. Her "kids", you know the grateful ones who gush about mommy sending them away, are as bogus as the "War On Drugs".
Thank you for sharing your thoughts Douglas Clark. Sorry to disappoint you, I'm just a wife as well as a grandmother. I do agree with you that the war on drugs appears to be bogus. My children, for your information, were able to be part of an outpatient rehab. They were fortunate to have a counselor who worked with them as well as with us. The school district gave us no support what so ever; they would not acknowledge that a problem existed at the school. My children have grown from their experience. They are happy and drug free. Oh, and none of my children abuse alcohol.
duh

Chattanooga, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 27, 2010
 
why? if we can justify booze being legal, surely cannabis, a safer drug, should be too.
An Observation

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 27, 2010
 
The demand for "illegal" drugs in this country has been unabated by the so-called war on drugs. We have succeeded, however, in making neighboring Mexico a failed state wracked by real drug wars with criminals that are better funded than the Mexican Army by vying to supply America's voracious demand.

Let's legalize it, and tax it like alcohol... and put the drug lords out of business!
tymber

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 29, 2010
 
it would decrese the violents and killing and street level dealers would not have to kill each other and innocent people over who sells it.
mary jane

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 31, 2010
 
marijuana (not laced with others drugs) is way safer than alcohol. The US could stop some of the border killings, use police for better reasons, and cut the federal deficit greatly by selling it legally.
Justin

Canonsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 31, 2010
 
I belive we need real study of the effects and use of canabis for its good and bad effects
Dilip Johnson

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 31, 2010
 
Heck yeah !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of913
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Pittsburgh Forum right now

Search the Pittsburgh Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
10 Questions for Progressive Liberals 30 min South Park Bill 5
Boycott Giant Eagle (Feb '13) 12 hr ITakeBigDumps 8
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 13 hr Capt Lou 51,114
WTAE Weekend News - Appreciation Thread (Dec '13) Sat ELC 36
Hillary is so Poor.. Fri Tony 96
Goats clearing weeds, vines in Pittsburgh park Fri Old Cynic 3
Tom Wolf Pushes "Made In Pennsylvania" Fri Old Cynic 3

Pittsburgh Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]