Marijuana Debate - Mount Airy, MD

Discuss the national Marijuana debate in Mount Airy, MD.

Do you support the legalization of Marijuana?

Mount Airy supports
Support
 
30
Oppose
 
9

Vote now in Mount Airy:

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
george bush

Erie, PA

#1 May 3, 2011
alcohol is way worse than weed!
dashstar

Gay, GA

#2 Jul 6, 2011
Let's stop giving the marijuana revenues away to neighboring countries. Let's keep the money and use it for the United States.
Obama lies

Frederick, MD

#3 Oct 15, 2011
Legalize it.
John

United States

#4 Oct 22, 2011
What would be next? Heroin?
yes

United States

#5 Oct 26, 2011
keep the money here in the good ole USA! Tax it no worse than drinking
want it legal

United States

#6 Oct 26, 2011
Legalize pot! Tax it ! Sell it just like cigarettes 20 joints to a pack.
firmus1

Columbia, MD

#7 Oct 27, 2011
war against drugs has not worked for the past 40 years. legalize marijuana, tax it and control distribution.

Since: Sep 11

Rocky Mount, NC

#8 Oct 27, 2011
why not....
Drew

Mount Airy, MD

#9 Nov 3, 2011
Allowing drugs to be legalized will cause more people to use and abuse it. Whenever anything is legalized, that portrays governmental acceptance, and therefore the average citizen sees it as okay. Even current pharmiceudical medications can be addictive - why add another drug that is proven to be?
Michelle

Burtonsville, MD

#10 Nov 3, 2011
War against drugs is a lost cause. Why put good money onto something that isn't going to work? Save the money and generate revenue for the USA instead of the other countries getting it illegally. Sad thing is there has been too much false hype concerning marijuana. Cigs and alchohol by far are much worse. It'd be nice to see the truth for once.
firmus1

Columbia, MD

#11 Nov 3, 2011
Michelle wrote:
War against drugs is a lost cause. Why put good money onto something that isn't going to work? Save the money and generate revenue for the USA instead of the other countries getting it illegally. Sad thing is there has been too much false hype concerning marijuana. Cigs and alchohol by far are much worse. It'd be nice to see the truth for once.
no...from a pschological standpoint cigarettes and alcohol are not much worse than marijuana. The "hype" is not false at all.

Since: Nov 11

Burtonsville, MD

#12 Nov 4, 2011
firmus1 wrote:
<quoted text>
no...from a pschological standpoint cigarettes and alcohol are not much worse than marijuana. The "hype" is not false at all.
Where is the research to prove or disprove the theory? Without reputable sources to cross reference I'm going to continue to believe that the hype is false propaganda that is being put out there by the pharmaceutical companies because they can't make money off the plant due to the fact that anyone would be able to grow it if it were legalized. I'd be curious to see who is fighting the legalization of it the hardest. That fact in itself would be more telling than anything else in my opinion.
firmus1

Columbia, MD

#13 Nov 4, 2011
CrystalNightWolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the research to prove or disprove the theory? Without reputable sources to cross reference I'm going to continue to believe that the hype is false propaganda that is being put out there by the pharmaceutical companies because they can't make money off the plant due to the fact that anyone would be able to grow it if it were legalized. I'd be curious to see who is fighting the legalization of it the hardest. That fact in itself would be more telling than anything else in my opinion.
easy to use a search engine but i would suggest you read studies by nih....and so many more if you do a search. whether you think they are valid resources or even worthy of your time, well that's up to you of course. their studies refer to a number of users experiencing psychosis, trouble with motor functions, lowered intellectual reasoning, problems with learning and memory, distorted perceptions. chronic users are most susceptible to chronic bronchitis, breathing problems.
also.......marijuana contains elevated levels of tar and nicotine that are known carcinogens.

but please...if you want to partake...feel free. i seriously doubt you'll worry about the studies and the findings either way.
Rev Kendall

Leonardtown, MD

#14 Nov 7, 2011
Drugs are Drugs and we don't need more on the street and we don't need our children to have more to deal with
Ben

Damascus, MD

#15 Sep 29, 2012
John wrote:
What would be next? Heroin?
You say that as if Heroin has anything in common with Marijuana.

How much reading have you even done to draw such a conclusion, and even spread your regurgitated propaganda?
Ben

Damascus, MD

#16 Sep 29, 2012
Rev Kendall wrote:
Drugs are Drugs and we don't need more on the street and we don't need our children to have more to deal with
You're right... Now continue taking your aspirin, acetaminophen, oxycodone, hydrocodone, alcohol, but NO WEED!

Just keep on parroting the things you have been taught. No need to educate yourself.
michelle

Mount Airy, MD

#17 Oct 1, 2012
There are other things which are legal that are way worse, for example, alcohol
Dillard

Frederick, MD

#19 Oct 5, 2012
Alcohol is better controlled and harder to obtain. Tax it, sell it, regulate it, and it will be out of the cash underground for good means. Most of all, because poll after poll seems the majority want it legalized. That is a democratic reason right there.
Jahmaah

Frederick, MD

#20 Dec 15, 2012
I can't believe what I am reading! You need pot that bad... grow it yourself! You want it, you take the risks. By legalizing it, especially in a beautiful small town like my Mount Airy, gives off the notion that it is acceptable or endorsed by society. The money and tax issue is horse crap. You cannot use money as reason to change laws that diminish morality or behavior. Can't believe there are so many in this town that are ok with this idea.
Jahmaah

Frederick, MD

#21 Dec 15, 2012
And I'm in Mt Airy right now. Dunno why it says Walkersville.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Airy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Starbucks (Jun '12) Jun '15 Practical 5
Transformer fell down Jun '15 starfella2 1
Any other horny guys who like to play xbox 360 ... (Feb '15) Feb '15 austinthespaz 1
Anyone want to start a ranchera/norteņo band? (Feb '15) Feb '15 austinthespaz 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) Jul '14 Tim the Bagger 7
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Jon SpellMAN 16
Timothy J. Smith (Aug '11) Apr '14 Curious in Florida 6
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]