Marijuana Debate - Martinsville, IN

Discuss the national Marijuana debate in Martinsville, IN.

Do you support the legalization of Marijuana?

Martinsville supports
Support
 
13
Oppose
 
7

Vote now in Martinsville:

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fortville Resident

Circleville, OH

#22 Nov 5, 2010
You are a very interesting person, and you put a lot of thought into what you write. What we don’t agree on is if this illegal drug hurts others.
I have never met a child or adult who didn’t regret using pot because of how it affected their lives. As for your accusation of me being a drug dealer, no, I am not. What I am is a witness to how damaging pot, alcohol and other drugs can be. My grandmother was killed by a drunk driver, my grandfather crippled for life. A dear friend went bankrupt and was jailed because of drug impaired thinking. A 4-year old put into foster care because his mother abandoned him for drugs. Those are my few examples of how destructive an unclear mind is;I have no examples of how an unclear mind made someone’s life better.
Please help me understand your point of view by answering the following questions.
1. How would legalizing a mood and mind altering drug help people? I am only referring to the “recreational “ use.
2. In what ways will pot smokers will be more responsible than drinkers?
3. At what age do you believe one is an adult?
4. Do you think those who commit a crime while under the influence of drugs or alcohol should be punished more or less severely because of their impairment?
We agree our soldiers are fighting for our freedom to choose; but I think the soldiers would want us to keep our money, homes, families, and relationships.
The pain caused by the Trail of Tears should never have been, but since it exists, its memory and consequences live on, so we Americans never do such harm again and can make amends.
Regards
Human Being

Commiskey, IN

#23 Nov 11, 2010
I think you do not read the arrest records around your towns. You can get alot of info.from them.It is already going on everywhere.Smokeing and drinking everyday.Ones legal ones not.Thier is so many answers I could give you,do not know where to start.Number 2.Age 21.Even though at 19 insurance companys cut the kid off.Cigs. and voteing and service age 18 that would be for the states to decide,The People not me.I feel everything happens for a reason life is hard and everyone has hardships,they make us stronger people.People are going to deal with things thier own ways.Legal or not its happening already.My Father got hit by a drunk driver headon in 1957,shoved his legs and hips back one leg had sore that never healed one leg was shorter then other ,he had a big sole and small one on his shoes gangreen from the sore is what killed him.We all have hurt in our lives thats what makes us who we are.I have so many to much to list but I put a smile on get up light some sage and pray for a better world.One we can be Free in. Make our own choices.As long as we are not hurting ourselfs or anyone.Pray for Mother Earth and the way we treat her.This is just me,I am just one.
Fortville Resident

Circleville, OH

#24 Nov 12, 2010
Our local paper does print the police runs and arrest records. Most are for drunk driving and domestic violence.
I am sorry to hear your father suffered so much. I hope the person who made the choice to drink and then hurt him was prosecuted.
Do you think those who commit a crime when drunk or high should be punished more less than those who are drunk or high?
You are never just one. Everyone is part of all. As for hurt making us the people we are, let's both pray happiness does so even more.
needing

Chicago, IL

#25 Nov 23, 2010
booze is more deadly and it is more dangerours and people drink everyday and i think as long as you are old enough a person should be able to smoke it
IndySpouse

Circleville, OH

#26 Nov 26, 2010
juliehope wrote:
I love pot! I could never deal with my kids if I was not smoking pot! Thank you god for pot!
Please don't ever offer to watch someone else's kids.
Adult

Commiskey, IN

#27 Dec 5, 2010
Yes-I am over 30 and should be able to choose for myself.
IndySpouse

Circleville, OH

#28 Dec 7, 2010
Adult wrote:
Yes-I am over 30 and should be able to choose for myself.
I hope you have good insurance.
Meg-Pie

United States

#30 Dec 14, 2010
Marijuana i not a dangerous drug you cant "OD" on it. I have NEVER heard of anyone wreaking and killing innocent people while driving high on it, and it is all natural grown for thousands of years!!
Old Man

Commiskey, IN

#31 Dec 15, 2010
IndySpouse wrote:
<quoted text>I hope you have good insurance.
Whys that you know something everyone else dont.Let us in on it.I am 67 no health problems yet, knock on wood.lol.Been smokein sence i was 20 yrs. old. But most of my frinds are gone because they drank to much.Liver and kidneys gone,I told them beer was bad for you they laughed said well its legal.I eat good...sleep good..take care of myself. Thats what matters.And dont touch a drop of booze.How many woman has got raped because they were drunk and didnt know what was going on.I know a few over the years but none that smoked weed.No one robs, rapes or kills on weed.
Nutz to You

Circleville, OH

#32 Dec 21, 2010
Old Man wrote:
<quoted text>Whys that you know something everyone else dont.Let us in on it.I am 67 no health problems yet, knock on wood.lol.Been smokein sence i was 20 yrs. old. But most of my frinds are gone because they drank to much.Liver and kidneys gone,I told them beer was bad for you they laughed said well its legal.I eat good...sleep good..take care of myself. Thats what matters.And dont touch a drop of booze.How many woman has got raped because they were drunk and didnt know what was going on.I know a few over the years but none that smoked weed.No one robs, rapes or kills on weed.
Thank you for your attempt to communicate your thoughts. I just think you might do it a little better if you were clear-headed. The spelling, spacing, odd punctuation and capitalization along with the disjointed topics make it difficult to understand what it is you are trying to express. Smoking pot does not make you a better person; it makes you a person who could be better.
Nutz to You

Circleville, OH

#33 Dec 21, 2010
Meg-Pie wrote:
Marijuana i not a dangerous drug you cant "OD" on it. I have NEVER heard of anyone wreaking and killing innocent people while driving high on it, and it is all natural grown for thousands of years!!
Wow, something that has grown for thousands of years is safe to consume. Hmmmm, let me see, I think I'll have some mushrooms, bittersweet, nightshade, and hemlock for dinner, and then a sequoia for dessert.
Of course, you've never heard of someone "wreaking and killing", because it is "wrecking and killing". Please tell me why hurting only "innocent" people is your concern. Of what are they innocent?
Anonymous

Greenwood, IN

#34 Feb 19, 2013
Ppl may be likely to stop
Bruce Carlisle

Quincy, IN

#35 Mar 26, 2013
for medical purpose, it helps alot of people
s. woods

Cloverdale, IN

#36 Jun 8, 2013
make money by taxing it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Post removed about Cold Case (Sep '10) Jul '15 archy 18
Debate: Obama-Marriage - Martinsville, IN (Jun '13) Jun '15 Mama D 6
"gay" marriage is WRONG and SICK! (Oct '14) Jun '15 karma pd 9
News When The KKK Was Mainstream Jun '15 Go Blue Forever 13
tiffany cooney Jun '15 brown co native 1
jobs that hire felons (Jul '14) May '15 knows 3
Drug Bust Nets 14 Arrests, Including Some From ... Apr '15 crazy 1
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]