Marijuana Debate - Augusta, GA

Discuss the national Marijuana debate in Augusta, GA.

Do you support the legalization of Marijuana?

Augusta supports
Support
 
57
Oppose
 
9

Vote now in Augusta:

rock

Anniston, AL

#24 Jul 29, 2012
georgian wrote:
it stupid america is going to be a bunch of pot heads
pot heads can hold down jobs. So what if they are? You know nothing about it. You nor your friends have to smoke but you can drink all you want. America is already stupid, in several ways. In my opinion thinking something is better because its always been that way it stupid. Open your mind, do research and there are already a TON of pot heads but all you ever hear about is problems with alcohol, pharm drugs, ciggs, and even fast food. There is a reason you never hear news stories on pot heads that are problems for society. Most hold down jobs. Hell, better pot heads than alcoholics, cigg addicts, and fast food addicts.
glen

Anniston, AL

#25 Jul 29, 2012
concern citzen wrote:
it will leaves to higher crimes rates; and the people using it will disrepect the law even farther and others; then they be wanting other things to get high like crack.etc..
pure misinformed stupid comments like this really get my gears grinding. Look up crime rates etc in Amsterdam. You don't know shit. Just how does it lead to crime??? Alcohol leads to more crime. When a pot head can't get pot they usually don't rob, steal, hurt, etc. Unless they would do that senseless stuff anyway. If a person IS addicted to pot it almost equates to ciggarette addiction. How often to cigarette addicts give out bjs, kill, and steal to get a fix???? It happens everyday with alcohol. Actually caffiene has a more intense withdraw than pot. Look it up.
glen

Anniston, AL

#26 Jul 29, 2012
Oh and concerned citizen, dealers in projects or ghettos DO NOT COUNT! If cheese burgers were illegal they would sell for MONEY. IT'S ALL ABOUT MONEY NOT POT. Those people kill each other over disrespect and even a few dollars everyday anyway. If pot was legal dealers would not even care about it anymore. For example, prohibition(I'm sure you were there) a whole world of crime surrounded alcohol. Now that its legal Di we have those problems surrounding alcohol. NO!! IT'S THAT SIMPLE.
glen

Anniston, AL

#27 Jul 29, 2012
Just ask yourselves WHY just WHY is pot illegal. There is no real good answer. The drug war is a total failure,so much is sacraficed to fight it. Despite our great, loving, smart, leaders wanting to help us and protect us its still the largest cash crop!!! Yeah everybody, spending millions on the drug war is worth adding our overwhelming debt. What's better, more debt or more pot heads. Pot heads aren't even bad people, they're just peole that use marijuana. Gateway drug theory is only a theory, in reality people that think other hardcore drugs are ok just because they used pot are WEAK MINDED.
carson

Anniston, AL

#28 Jul 29, 2012
Marijuana seeds=most nutritionally complete seed on the earth. We could feed a nation with just pot seeds.

Hemp=clothes, gas, house insulation, paper, plastic, and A LOT MORE.

Medical marijuana= little side effects, better than big pharma, CBD can help pain, seizures. And much more. THC in small amounts can help depression anxiety and much more.

What do they all have in common? Cheap! Can be grown year around indoors and most of all cheap and oh yeah you can grow it yourself.

So would huge companies be opposed to it?? Cheap!

Those adverts on tv that are anti pot are funded by alcohol companies. Do I mean companies that kill thousands a year want to keep something that has never killed anyone illegal?? Yes. Very Sketchy people.

People if you oppose marijuana do research, but not from government sources. They lie and if you can't agree that they don't lie you are acting exactly how you are supposed to act. Like a sheep.
mak

Atlanta, GA

#30 Jul 31, 2012
moe

Atlanta, GA

#31 Jul 31, 2012
From what I've noticed, or at least the ones that I've known, even including BUSINESS OWNERS EVEN ONES THAT ARE STILL IN BUSINESS!!!! that smoke don't have a real addiction. They cam go all day w/o it go home and do what they do. Not always the case for alcoholics which we have a lot of. So who the hell cares if people use mj. People who oppose it really don't know anything about drugs. They just know what schools, and their parents say. Seriously if you have never done more than a few hours of your pub research on marijuana you need to shut your mouth.
Doris Willard

Hephzibah, GA

#32 Jul 31, 2012
Sales Tax Income
wise old guy

Atlanta, GA

#34 Aug 1, 2012
You kids make me suck. If we legalize this horrible corrupting plant well only go back to living in caves. It makes you crazy, it makes you gay, and it makes you abort babies. Marijuana is no different from heroin. Look it up you dummies, they are both schedule 1 drugs, meaning they are the same. Our leaders know what is best for us. You kids need to get on ssris, they are wonderful and never hurt anyone. All the pot dealers just want money, they need jobs. I will pray that the perverted thoughts you kids have on marijuana will go away.
just say no

Atlanta, GA

#35 Aug 1, 2012
I agree with wise old guy. I'm 45 and I own my own home. If I ever put that drug in me I would be on the street like all the other homeless people that are there because they tried pot then got addicted to other drugs. I drink like a fish but that's legal so that means its safe and ok. The law is above all of us and if you break it YOU WILL PAY. If you try pot you will most likely try heroin, and meth, our government and schools say so because they know whats best for us.

Since: Sep 12

Odenton, MD

#36 Sep 23, 2012
Alcohol is far more lethal, addictive, and harmful than the most potent marijuana could ever be. Weed has never killed anyone. Legalize! God knows our country could use the tax dollars.
Teabag Fanatic

Euless, TX

#37 Sep 23, 2012
wise old guy wrote:
You kids make me suck. If we legalize this horrible corrupting plant well only go back to living in caves. It makes you crazy, it makes you gay, and it makes you abort babies. Marijuana is no different from heroin. Look it up you dummies, they are both schedule 1 drugs, meaning they are the same. Our leaders know what is best for us. You kids need to get on ssris, they are wonderful and never hurt anyone. All the pot dealers just want money, they need jobs. I will pray that the perverted thoughts you kids have on marijuana will go away.
Now that makes sense,(in your own head) but unfortunately for you and the other brainwashed puppets, we live in a democracy where the majority rules. If you dont like these facts then you should consider moving to a communist country were everything is illegal, you'll probably love it there.

Check this sh!t out:
http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/...
Teabag Fanatic

Euless, TX

#38 Sep 23, 2012
just say no wrote:
I agree with wise old guy. I'm 45 and I own my own home. If I ever put that drug in me I would be on the street like all the other homeless people that are there because they tried pot then got addicted to other drugs. I drink like a fish but that's legal so that means its safe and ok. The law is above all of us and if you break it YOU WILL PAY. If you try pot you will most likely try heroin, and meth, our government and schools say so because they know whats best for us.
&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player
Patrick Baker

Evans, GA

#39 Sep 28, 2012
The war on drugs is a failure
kay

Augusta, GA

#40 Sep 28, 2012
georgian wrote:
it stupid america is going to be a bunch of pot heads
NOt. no more people are going to do it than those that already do. anyone can get weed if they want it as it is.
Mark

Florence, SC

#41 Oct 3, 2012
Yes i do.
david

Snellville, GA

#42 Dec 10, 2012
I love it
Clint

Hephzibah, GA

#43 Feb 23, 2013
wise old guy wrote:
You kids make me suck. If we legalize this horrible corrupting plant well only go back to living in caves. It makes you crazy, it makes you gay, and it makes you abort babies. Marijuana is no different from heroin. Look it up you dummies, they are both schedule 1 drugs, meaning they are the same. Our leaders know what is best for us. You kids need to get on ssris, they are wonderful and never hurt anyone. All the pot dealers just want money, they need jobs. I will pray that the perverted thoughts you kids have on marijuana will go away.
Ok, first off your name is unfitting. If you were wise to all of the positivity that would come from the legalization of marijuana than you would not be so quick to dismiss this as another childish act. Marijuana has been proven to curve the side affects of chemo treatment, enhance hunger in people who are too sick to eat, and it is not addictive. I do not understand how so many people can remain so closed minded on this topic, while all of the evidence, from controlled tests, leans towards the legalization of this plant. You say that our leaders know whats best for us, tell me than, why is our national budget so out of control we may one day become a third world country? Why, if our leaders are so great at what they do, are we fighting a war that can not be won? Don't get me wrong, i had the sheets pulled over my eyes for a long time. I joined the army and deployed to Iraq for 15 months. I thought i was giving back to my country. The only thing that was gained from all of the friends and family that we have all lost is a higher national debt. Now back to the topic at hand. How does smoking marijuana make you gay, or abort babies, or how is it anything like heroine? You say that you will pray for us, well good sir i will pray for you to have an open mind. Yes to marijuana legalization! Yes to the re educating of our elders!
Clint

Hephzibah, GA

#44 Feb 23, 2013
Yea
Kristi

Evans, GA

#45 Mar 6, 2013
Marijuana is not a bad drug. It helps so many people with numbers of illnesses and it lowers the amount of medication! Those are far more harmful to your body than Marijuana. I believe that it isn't harmful for normal people, everyone needs to relax after a stressful day or week.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Augusta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anyone know Clive Taylor from Beech Island... 2 hr kak-41 1
Picket Fences (May '12) 5 hr Kurt Cooks 7
Interracial dating (Nov '10) 6 hr jtr304 22
The Salvation Army of Augusta Kroc Center: very... 7 hr Seth 2
Family Court Reform Augusta,GA Superior Court D... (Dec '12) Wed Shirley Barnes 94
where can you buy spice here? (Jun '12) Mar 14 tampa8 19
sandra tolle old racist Mar 12 guest 1
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]