Marijuana Debate - Appleton, WI

Discuss the national Marijuana debate in Appleton, WI.

Do you support the legalization of Marijuana?

Appleton supports
Support
 
89
Oppose
 
8

Vote now in Appleton:

Anonymous

Appleton, WI

#41 Sep 11, 2012
Smoking cannabis is a victimless crime, the safest and least addictive substance to alter our state of mind, as well as least toxic to the human body. There is NO real reason that cannabis is illegal however the special interest groups make a LOT of money because of its (il)legal status. (I.E. DEA, Private/state Prisons, Parole officers)
Appleton Citizen

Appleton, WI

#42 Sep 11, 2012
in appleton wrote:
Just what we need.drugs in better reach of the kids.It's bad enough that they can go down to the corner and get it.Now you people want to put it in the gas stations too.I can't wait to be driving down the road and get slammed into by someone that is stoned and drunk.Most of you people can't drive the way it is.Now you people want to let our kids smoke pot and destroy there brain before they have a chance to enjoy life.I bet most of you that support this are pot head already,didn't finish school,work at Mcdonalds,don't have kids to think about or a house payment.wake up...that crap makes you stupid.
You think that marijuana in the hands of a drug dealer isn't a good enough "reach" for your kid? how bout if that same dealer gets your kid hooked on heroin god forbid. Its harder for kids to get beer than weed these days, wake up. No one is saying its ok to drive impaired. Cannabis actually regulates the bodies neurological system. Science can prove alot of things, like how convincing and dangerous propaganda and no education on a subject you argue on can be. I'm a successful member of society because I smoke, relieving my anxiety and sleeplessness naturally instead of being pumped full of drugs from the doc. Probably like your kid you have sucking down alderal. Its time to grow up. Get the facts straight. This plant grows in the ground, your beer and cigarettes definitely don't. Also, please don't blame your kid not growing up and being successful on ANYONE but YOURSELF. YOUR KID IS Y.O.U.R. RESPONSIBILITY. NOT SOCIETIES. Nice try. Try not being one of the sheeple for once and think for yourself. Thank the good lord in heaven for the medical movement.
kurt

Tomah, WI

#43 Sep 11, 2012
i'm a cancer patient
Gene Tucker

Osasco, Brazil

#44 Jan 3, 2013
I am in favor of the legalization of marijuana because legalization will help many patients: cancer, multiple sclerosis, glaucoma, migraine, menstrual cramps, depression, anorexia, other drug dependence, Tourette's and OCD, ADD / ADHD / ADHD, Chronic (marijuana is also recommended in the treatment of chronic diseases, such as in cases of nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea), because AIDS marijuana makes you hungry, Anxiety, marijuana would help the economy of the state / country because of'' hemp'' (industrial cannabis) can extract or produce paper, plastic, cosmetics, materials for construction, which remedies already mentioned, and also its recreational use, rather polemical as recreational use, it is impossible to ban people from using marijuana, the state can speak that consumers of cannabis is a criminal and has to pay a penalty for its use, but can not prohibit use of the drug because someone always makes the cultivation and / or trade herb ...
peck

Oklahoma City, OK

#45 Jan 3, 2013
in appleton wrote:
Just what we need.drugs in better reach of the kids.It's bad enough that they can go down to the corner and get it.Now you people want to put it in the gas stations too.I can't wait to be driving down the road and get slammed into by someone that is stoned and drunk.Most of you people can't drive the way it is.Now you people want to let our kids smoke pot and destroy there brain before they have a chance to enjoy life.I bet most of you that support this are pot head already,didn't finish school,work at Mcdonalds,don't have kids to think about or a house payment.wake up...that crap makes you stupid.
I've never meant a black market drug dealer who asked for an I.D........guess the kids hadn't ether.
pharn

Green Bay, WI

#46 Jan 4, 2013
if you look at it.alcohol comes from barley and hops and corn.so everything could be said that god gave us plants to use.i believe in medicinal marijuana but thats it.even if it were to become legal it would still be hard to fight a drug test for employment.
pharn

Green Bay, WI

#47 Jan 4, 2013
Appleton Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
You think that marijuana in the hands of a drug dealer isn't a good enough "reach" for your kid? how bout if that same dealer gets your kid hooked on heroin god forbid. Its harder for kids to get beer than weed these days, wake up. No one is saying its ok to drive impaired. Cannabis actually regulates the bodies neurological system. Science can prove alot of things, like how convincing and dangerous propaganda and no education on a subject you argue on can be. I'm a successful member of society because I smoke, relieving my anxiety and sleeplessness naturally instead of being pumped full of drugs from the doc. Probably like your kid you have sucking down alderal. Its time to grow up. Get the facts straight. This plant grows in the ground, your beer and cigarettes definitely don't. Also, please don't blame your kid not growing up and being successful on ANYONE but YOURSELF. YOUR KID IS Y.O.U.R. RESPONSIBILITY. NOT SOCIETIES. Nice try. Try not being one of the sheeple for once and think for yourself. Thank the good lord in heaven for the medical movement.
alcohol actually comes from barley and hops if you want to get technical.but it is still dangerous just like all drugs including marijuana.
pharn

Green Bay, WI

#48 Jan 4, 2013
shabazzz wrote:
<quoted text>things wrong with this.
1. this isn't some sketchy 80s movie. no more "corners". in the average school there are 50 drug dealers, just where you think it's safe.
2. when your high, you don't suck at driving, in fact your more focused.
3. you seem to compare booze with weed even though that has caused more road deaths than anything you can think of.
4. kids smoke pot to enjoy life and not be bothered by negative cruel people like you.
5. in my school, there are over 500 kids whose parents experimenter with pot in high school and they are happier than the "clean Population"
6. do u know how hard it is to work at McDonald's, pot decreases the chance of punching the fat guy ordering 20 big macs for his 2 kids.
7. in a national study, marijuana increases brain function and expands the users thinking, can you say the same about alcohol, didn't think so
8. there were 400 cases of 4.0 high school students who are in the workforce now that confessed to smoking in high school and college
9. legal or not it will always be there, there is no way to stop it. having it illegal only throws kids in jail who defiantly don't deserve it. jail is for the rapist and the murderer, not the kid who hated his parents judging him and teachers labeling them and all he wanted was a way to clear his head.
10. Medical weed has helped thousands, those could have been millions, but the were killed by prescriptions that cures things pot would have. the thousands are pain-free and can eat despite illness.
and finally 11. cancer patients on med. marijuana are experiencing the killing of tumor growth, ability to sleep, eat, and walk without the pain of illness or artificial medical needs with outrageous side effects.
need anymore proof
i dont want my kid smoking it.ill beat his a$$
Mcha

Green Bay, WI

#49 Jan 14, 2013
Marijuana Grows From The earth And Only Stimulates You For The Better...Therefore It Shall be Legal!!!
Departed

Fremont, WI

#50 Feb 19, 2013
First I'd like to say i used marijuana for a while and it did not have any effect on me so i stopped using it cause it was just wastefull. I support medical and recreational cause if you do the research there is so many reasons to legalize and none (no good reasons anyway) to keep it illegal. Anyone who says marijuana is dangerous is a idiot. There is no proof of that. I watched a documentary where a guy smoked or ate pot all day, everyday for 30 days and was monitored by a doctor. Also someone mentioned gateway drug I suggest they read drug gateway theory on wikipedia. Alcohol and tobacco are the highest gateway drugs. I for one would like to see the drug war won finally. When people can go to the gas station and get a pack of marijuana for the most part people are not going to risk buying or possessing illegal drugs which will put drug dealers, mafias, gangs, border runners, cartels, etc. out of business. The only reason it seems that marijuana is illegal is drug war is good income for government, prisons, etc. And all the misinformation, lies, and clueless people out there that say that marijuana is "dangerous". Starting back with reefer madness, that was not a public service it was a hilarious comedy.
Honeybee

Appleton, WI

#51 Feb 19, 2013
If it was legal, there would be less crime involving growers and dealers which are shady and often dangerous criminals. It would help take them out of the equation. Plus marijuana is a natural substance and is beneficial in easing symptoms of several health conditions. It is no more harmful than alcohol or tobacco. I think it should be made legal with laws similar to laws in Spain, where it is still illegal to sell, but it is a persons right to grow in their own personal space for their own consumption.
mum2three

Appleton, WI

#52 Feb 19, 2013
I definitely support legalization. The benefits far outweigh the negatives. I actually had a problem with alcoholism until I started using marijuana. I'm not sure if it would help others get over alcohol dependency but it certainly helped me. Now I rarely feel like I want a drink and I'm not at all addicted to the marijuana either. It also helps me sleep. I use a tiny bit of marijuana through a vaporizer most nights just before bed, which is the ONLY time throughout the day that I partake. I had suffered from terrible insomnia my whole life until using marijuana. It has brought such relief and I believe that it is a much healthier alternative to using sleeping pills.
Sexystud

Lynchburg, VA

#53 Jun 8, 2013
Just moved to Appleton!!! Wish I could find some!!!:-(
Cory

Neenah, WI

#54 Oct 4, 2013
The Way i see it is We allow Cigarettes and THERE POSING Pot is good for you and it is an escape People who are sad Get happy
scott

Appleton, WI

#55 Oct 22, 2013
Yes, the government should legalize it and then tax the hell out of it! We would get America out of Debt!!
Miguel Gonzalez

Green Bay, WI

#56 Oct 24, 2013
Consumption of cannabis is any form should be legalized and taxed for business enterprises to create legal head shops for people to enjoy. The amount of revenue created by cannabis will start a new golden age of entrepreneurs and put this county where it needs to be. Not only that but crime on our borders and shores will soon begin to slow steadily as time progresses because drug cartels will be &a run for their money when this new compound is legalized it's a win win win for everyone, consumers, businesses and the government. Prohibit tobacco.
Virginia

Appleton, WI

#57 Nov 5, 2013
No, it will lead to other drugs being legalized.
dusty riboko

Green Bay, WI

#58 Dec 23, 2013
there is enough accidents due to intoxication
dusty

Green Bay, WI

#59 Dec 23, 2013
driving high kills

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#60 Dec 26, 2013
Virginia wrote:
No, it will lead to other drugs being legalized.
Like what other drugs?

Many drugs that are far more dangerous than pot ARE already completely legal.

Sorry, but the "it will lead to..." argument fails in every way.

You can't prove it will lead to anything, and the premise that it would actually suggests that we should make ALL drugs (and alcohol) illegal.

We already know prohibition doesn't work. This is America... you don't like marijuana, don't use it... but mind your own business about what other people do

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Appleton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prostitution ring had roots in Oshkosh (Dec '09) Dec 11 George 12
R u paying too much for rent? Dec 8 amlaroux 1
Any women 18+ looking to f uck in Appleton area Nov '14 vVKiritoVv 1
Gruber Consults the President on How to Deceive... Nov '14 Culture Auditor 1
where can i get heroin in this town (Jul '12) Oct '14 bigdog 5
Should you Trust Theda Clark? (Apr '14) Sep '14 semi a victim 3
DHS Throws Disabled Under the Bus Aug '14 Janet Atkinson 1
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]