Immigration Debate - Hayden, ID

Discuss the national Immigration debate in Hayden, ID.

Do you support Arizona's immigration law?

Hayden Supports
Support
 
17
Oppose
 
0

Vote now in Hayden:

Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated -
Tony Wells

Hayden, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 7, 2010
 
If we were to go to Mexico, or any other country, you have to cary papers to document your status in that country. I have been to Mexico, Canada, seven countries in Europe and all had checks to establish proper documents.
Connie

Post Falls, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 9, 2010
 
we need to be tougher about protecting our borders
Kymm

Mission Viejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 11, 2010
 
Close our pourous boarders and protect American citizens!
Terry

Sidney, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 12, 2010
 
The word illeagel does mean something!!!
Email to all

Barnesville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 13, 2010
 
From the L. A. Times
1. 40% of all workers in L. A. County ( L. A. County has 10.2 million people) are working for cash and not paying taxes.
This is because they are predominantly illegal immigrants working without a green card.
2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.
3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.
4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal, whose births were paid for by taxpayers.
5. Nearly 35% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally.
6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.
7... The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border.
8 Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.
9. 21 radio stations in L. A. are Spanish speaking.
10. In L.A. County 5.1 million people speak English, 3.9 million speak Spanish..(There are 10.2 million people in L. A. County )

(All 10 of the above facts were published in the Los Angeles Times)

Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on welfare. Over 70% of the United States ' annual population growth(and over 90% of California , Florida , and New York ) results from immigration. 29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens .

We are fools for letting this continue!

Thought you would enjoy this little tidbit of info. Surprised the LA Times published these stats.
Just One State - be sure and read the last part..

This is only one State..........If this doesn't open eyes, nothing will!

Adding a tax to your retirement is simply another way of saying to the American people, you're so darn stupid that we're going to keep doing this until we drain every cent from you. That's what the Speaker of the House is saying. Read below..........

Nancy Pelosi wants a Windfall Tax on Retirement Income. In other words tax what you have made by investing toward your retirement. This woman is a nut case! You aren't going to believe this.

Madam speaker Nancy Pelosi wants to put a Windfall Tax on all stock market profits (including Retirement fund, 401K and Mutual Funds!
Alas, it is true - all to help the 12 Million Illegal Immigrants and other unemployed Minorities!

This woman is frightening.

She quotes...' We need to work toward the goal of equalizing income,(didn't Marx say something like this?), in our country and at the same time limiting the amount the rich can invest.'(I am not rich, are you?)

When asked how these new tax dollars would be spent, she replied:

'We need to raise the standard of living of our poor, unemployed and minorities. For example, we have an estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in our country who need our help along with millions of unemployed minorities. Stock market windfall profits taxes could go a long way to guarantee these people the standard of living they would like to have as 'Americans'.'
(Read that quote again and again and let it sink in.)'Lower your retirement, give it to others who have not worked as you have for it!

GET INVOLVED LADY LIBERTY IN TROUBLE!
IN CALI A WHITE COUPLE CANNOT GET WORK! WHY? THEY DO NOT SPEAK SPANISH
MALE 6 YRS IN AIR FORCE. FEMALE A COLLEGE DEGREE. THIS IS WRONG FOLKS!

PELOSI NEEDS TO GO! AND HER PALS BOXER AND FREAKSTEIN!

KEEP THEM OUT OF YOUR STATE! DO YOU WANT THIS FOR YOUR KIDS? DO YOU?
GET INVOLVED! SEND THIS TO ALL! AND VOTE!
Vet

Jonesboro, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 13, 2010
 
Email to all wrote:
From the L. A. Times
1. 40% of all workers in L. A. County ( L. A. County has 10.2 million people) are working for cash and not paying taxes.
This is because they are predominantly illegal immigrants working without a green card.
2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.
3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.
4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal, whose births were paid for by taxpayers.
5. Nearly 35% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally.
6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.
7... The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border.
8 Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.
9. 21 radio stations in L. A. are Spanish speaking.
10. In L.A. County 5.1 million people speak English, 3.9 million speak Spanish..(There are 10.2 million people in L. A. County )
(All 10 of the above facts were published in the Los Angeles Times)
Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on welfare. Over 70% of the United States ' annual population growth(and over 90% of California , Florida , and New York ) results from immigration. 29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens .
We are fools for letting this continue!
Thought you would enjoy this little tidbit of info. Surprised the LA Times published these stats.
Just One State - be sure and read the last part..
This is only one State..........If this doesn't open eyes, nothing will!
Adding a tax to your retirement is simply another way of saying to the American people, you're so darn stupid that we're going to keep doing this until we drain every cent from you. That's what the Speaker of the House is saying. Read below..........
Nancy Pelosi wants a Windfall Tax on Retirement Income. In other words tax what you have made by investing toward your retirement. This woman is a nut case! You aren't going to believe this.
Madam speaker Nancy Pelosi wants to put a Windfall Tax on all stock market profits (including Retirement fund, 401K and Mutual Funds!
Alas, it is true - all to help the 12 Million Illegal Immigrants and other unemployed Minorities!
This woman is frightening.
She quotes...' We need to work toward the goal of equalizing income,(didn't Marx say something like this?), in our country and at the same time limiting the amount the rich can invest.'(I am not rich, are you?)
When asked how these new tax dollars would be spent, she replied:
'We need to raise the standard of living of our poor, unemployed and minorities. For example, we have an estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in our country who need our help along with millions of unemployed minorities. Stock market windfall profits taxes could go a long way to guarantee these people the standard of living they would like to have as 'Americans'.'
(Read that quote again and again and let it sink in.)'Lower your retirement, give it to others who have not worked as you have for it!
GET INVOLVED LADY LIBERTY IN TROUBLE!
IN CALI A WHITE COUPLE CANNOT GET WORK! WHY? THEY DO NOT SPEAK SPANISH
MALE 6 YRS IN AIR FORCE. FEMALE A COLLEGE DEGREE. THIS IS WRONG FOLKS!
PELOSI NEEDS TO GO! AND HER PALS BOXER AND FREAKSTEIN!
KEEP THEM OUT OF YOUR STATE! DO YOU WANT THIS FOR YOUR KIDS? DO YOU?
GET INVOLVED! SEND THIS TO ALL! AND VOTE!
Thanks for the post , sir . It will be spread from sea to shining sea . ARREST and DEPORT .
Common

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 13, 2010
 
Taxes
The Social Security Administration believes that about half of unauthorized immigrants pay Social Security Taxes. A 2005 New York Times piece reported that over 9 million W-2 wage forms with incorrect or false Social Security Numbers were turned into the government in 2002, a reasonable benchmark for the number of undocumented workers. These represented some $56 billion dollars in earnings,$6 billion in Social Security taxes and $1.5 billion for Medicare.

Naturally, the exact tax numbers for illegal immigrants are hard to establish, but at least it is clear they are paying into the system.

Consumption
Something else that many opponents of illegal immigration forget or choose to ignore is the consumer power of this group. UCLA's Raul Hinojosa is quoted in BusinessWeek estimating that "the total goods and services they consume ... plus all they produce for their employers, is close to about $800 billion."

Some argue that much of what illegal immigrants make doesn't benefit the U.S. economy because it is sent back to their families in Mexico and other countries in the form of remittances. Even considering the $42 billion that the World Bank says left the United States (in 2006) as remittances, that is only about 10% of illegal immigrants' wages, says Hinojosa. That leaves about $400-450 billion of that is consumptive capacity staying in the U.S.

Read more at Suite101: The Benefits of Illegal Immigration: Taxes, Consumption, and Labor Dynamism http://americanaffairs.suite101.com/article.c ...
Vet

Jonesboro, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 13, 2010
 
Common wrote:
Taxes
The Social Security Administration believes that about half of unauthorized immigrants pay Social Security Taxes. A 2005 New York Times piece reported that over 9 million W-2 wage forms with incorrect or false Social Security Numbers were turned into the government in 2002, a reasonable benchmark for the number of undocumented workers. These represented some $56 billion dollars in earnings,$6 billion in Social Security taxes and $1.5 billion for Medicare.
Naturally, the exact tax numbers for illegal immigrants are hard to establish, but at least it is clear they are paying into the system.
Consumption
Something else that many opponents of illegal immigration forget or choose to ignore is the consumer power of this group. UCLA's Raul Hinojosa is quoted in BusinessWeek estimating that "the total goods and services they consume ... plus all they produce for their employers, is close to about $800 billion."
Some argue that much of what illegal immigrants make doesn't benefit the U.S. economy because it is sent back to their families in Mexico and other countries in the form of remittances. Even considering the $42 billion that the World Bank says left the United States (in 2006) as remittances, that is only about 10% of illegal immigrants' wages, says Hinojosa. That leaves about $400-450 billion of that is consumptive capacity staying in the U.S.
Read more at Suite101: The Benefits of Illegal Immigration: Taxes, Consumption, and Labor Dynamism http://americanaffairs.suite101.com/article.c ...
Stop being a racist and stop whining , it's juvenile . Pay no attention to 'The Common Person" , he is an ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT and lacks formal education . OK , pendejo ? ARREST and DEPORT .
Common

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 13, 2010
 
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop being a racist and stop whining , it's juvenile . Pay no attention to 'The Common Person" , he is an ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT and lacks formal education . OK , pendejo ? ARREST and DEPORT .
Ignorant Racist!
Vet

Jonesboro, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 13, 2010
 
Common wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorant Racist!
See , you are a racist .Stop being a racist and stop whining , it's juvenile . Pay no attention to 'The Common Person" , he is an ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT and lacks formal education . OK , pendejo ? ARREST and DEPORT .Clean up your cesspool of a country and stop polluting America , Nino .
Common

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 13, 2010
 
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
See , you are a racist .Stop being a racist and stop whining , it's juvenile . Pay no attention to 'The Common Person" , he is an ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT and lacks formal education . OK , pendejo ? ARREST and DEPORT .Clean up your cesspool of a country and stop polluting America , Nino .
that totally didnt make sense!LOL!
Vet

Jonesboro, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 13, 2010
 
Common wrote:
<quoted text>
that totally didnt make sense!LOL!
Stop being a racist and stop whining , it's juvenile . Pay no attention to 'The Common Person" , he is an ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT and lacks formal education . OK , pendejo ? ARREST and DEPORT .You don't understand "cesspool" , Nino ?
ron

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 16, 2010
 
Either enforce the laws or abolish them.
John Reed

Kennesaw, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 25, 2010
 
The Feds Won't do their job.
dale m. hedden

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 1, 2010
 
Let Congress change the process for becoming a legal resident. Until then, illegal is illegal. It seems it is simply an illegal voter registration and nothing more, like allowing felons and the debt on the rolls.
Bookem Danno

Eatonville, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 10, 2010
 
It is long over due. The Fed. Govt has ignored this issue for years and failed to take action. So the states are going to have to take it on.
michelle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 28, 2010
 
100% support Arizona on this one
Raymond Bivens

Farmington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 1, 2010
 
All people in any 'nation' are supposed to reside there 'legally', and if they do, then there should be a way to distinguish between those who are living there 'illegally'!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hayden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anarchy Comes to Hayden Lake as Entertainment 23 hr Culture Auditor 1
'Anonymous' joins in the fight for justice for ... Aug 13 Steelers End 3
June 3rd UFO SIGHTING (Multiple Occurrences) (Jun '09) Aug 7 acase17 17
Ted Nugent Says He's Not Racist, Blames 'Libera... Jul '14 josie wales 1
trespassers Jul '14 Mrsmimiwhite 1
Idaho woman appeals NSA surveillance lawsuit Jul '14 spocko 5
Joe Rickey Hundley out of a job after allegedly... (Feb '13) Jun '14 bs 5

Related Media

Hayden Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]