Immigration Debate - Greenville, OH

Discuss the national Immigration debate in Greenville, OH.

Do you support Arizona's immigration law?

Greenville Supports
Support
 
14
Oppose
 
3

Vote now in Greenville:

Comments
1 - 20 of 24 Comments Last updated -
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
nofan

Celina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 30, 2010
 
Yep. the illegal immigrants have crippled our county. They have taken jobs and flooded our hospitals with unpaid bills.
amy wilson

Union City, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 3, 2010
 
Its racist and creates racial profiling
Amy

Union City, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 3, 2010
 
nofan wrote:
Yep. the illegal immigrants have crippled our county. They have taken jobs and flooded our hospitals with unpaid bills.
Um excuze me! this country has not been crippled by illegal immigrants as you say. These people come here to do the jobs that your lazy ass wont do.
an american

Greenville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 4, 2010
 
maybe if they weren't here there would be jobs for us
someonewithaJOB

Greenville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 5, 2010
 
Really? Mr American? Exactly what job did u get beat out by an illegal for? Were you applying to shovel shit at a turkey farm? Or pick tomatoes in the dead of summer for next to nothing? I bet you were psyched by Obama's unemployment extensions.....JUST SAYIN.....BTW did'nt Whirlpool just bring in 300 temp jobs? I bet they were all illegals...right?
penman

Waynesville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 5, 2010
 
Anyone here who's unemployed should check out where I work. It's at the Eastern Distribution Center for Payless Shoes in Brookville.

The pay is $10.00/hour to start and it goes up to $10.50/hour after 90 days.(AND with the "LM Group" that'll be coming in this summer--kinda like efficiency experts is the take I have on them--there's the chance to make even more). With the PTO hours you get (a 48-hour lump sum accrual after 90 days and 12 hours a month after that), you can take off up to three weeks in a year. There's a VERY liberal "missed days" policy, discounts on shoes and Dell or Apple computers, tuition assistance and more. It's a four-day, 10 hour a day week. We have to have temps and seasonal workers (just got through our "Christmas season" from March through May) and we're still getting overtime sometimes. We need people still and in case anyone's wondering there's only ONE Hispanic (actually he's Cuban) guy I know of working there.

Check out www.careersatpayless.com for more on the hiring process. You don't just go in and fill out an application. There's an orientation session and a number of questionnaires to fill out. And the process takes a while (I applied in April last year and got a call in mid- to late-July).

The jobs are there if you're interested in trying out for them.
penman

Waynesville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 5, 2010
 
There are areas of the law needing clarification.

1) What is "reasonable suspicion" when asking someone about their immigration status?

2) So if they're already in violation of a federal law re: immigration that automatically makes them guilty of violating a stste law too. Something about that troubles me.
Taxpayer

Mount Gilead, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 7, 2010
 
"Its racist and creates racial profiling"

When the liberals have no other rational argument they shout "racism".
Amy

Union City, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 8, 2010
 
Taxpayer wrote:
"Its racist and creates racial profiling"
When the liberals have no other rational argument they shout "racism".
The law is what it is Racist. What just becasue a person looks Hispanic they are going to question them about their legal status? So what if they were born here they have to carry their documents with them? that is ridiculous.
changing my name

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 9, 2010
 
It's funny because my father is dark skin because he tans very dark from the sun. We were talking about this one day and he said he would be fine with them stopping him because he was legal and had an I.D. He said plus it would clean up the small towns like union city. So yeah it may be profiling but the fact of the matter is the cops profile us anyway. Driving at 2 in the morning, ohh you must be coming from the bar. Here come the lights. If we would have enforced the laws and raised a ruckus a long time age there would be no need for this law. But the facts of the matter is there is a need for the law because let's face it illegal immigrants are breaking American laws. Laws are there to be enforced and protect us. Whether we think they are stupid or not, we are still punished for breaking them, as should the illegal immigrants. If I am hungry, have no job, and steal from the nazi walmart, or hey I just don't want to wait in the freaking line, is that okay because hey this is what I want. Regardless of the reason they are here, the law states their are steps to be taken before you get here. Just don't cross the border because it is cheaper.
changing my name

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 9, 2010
 
Amy wrote:
<quoted text> The law is what it is Racist. What just becasue a person looks Hispanic they are going to question them about their legal status? So what if they were born here they have to carry their documents with them? that is ridiculous.
It is actually illegal already not to have some form of identification on you, especially if you are driving.
nofan

Celina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jun 10, 2010
 
amy wilson wrote:
Its racist and creates racial profiling
If you can read...you would see that this law has "stricter" regulations than the federal law. You lefties need to get a new attack approach. The racism thing is wearing thin. If anyone is racist it is you against legal hispanics and legal americans.
nofan

Celina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 10, 2010
 
Amy wrote:
<quoted text> Um excuze me! this country has not been crippled by illegal immigrants as you say. These people come here to do the jobs that your lazy ass wont do.
Get your ignorance under control. The illegal population costs that american taxpayer billions in hospital, welfare, and misc. costs. You can try to defend your position all you want. There is NO good reason for breaking our immigration laws...and if you are one of the people who help them then you are as much a criminal as they are.
penman

Mount Gilead, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jun 14, 2010
 
America is like a lifeboat. Take too many people in and it swamps and everyone suffers. We've benefitted from immigration in the past, but the days when we could take in anyone willy-nilly are gone. On the other hand it may be true that they take jobs we natives won't, but in many cases we can't AFFORD to take those jobs. Particularly me, with higher medical costs than a younger person.
penman

Mount Gilead, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 14, 2010
 
Sorry, didn't realize it would post three times.
go blue 22

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 15, 2010
 
only if you are breaking the law are you hating the law
nofan

Celina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jun 16, 2010
 
The amount of illegal aliens who break laws will never be known for sure, but those that were caught provide some pretty terrifying insight. The Government Accountability Office,(GAO), released a study it conducted in 2005 of 55,322 incarcerated illegal aliens. The study population averaged 8 arrests each...97% had more than one arrest and an astonishing 26% had over eleven arrests. This only included crimes committed in the US. How many crimes they each committed in their country of origin are unknown.

Each illegal alien in the study averaged 13 offenses and 24% of those offenses were for drug crimes. About 12% were for murder, robbery, assault and sexually related crimes. 21% of offenses were immigration offenses. The other offenses included property related offenses, traffic violations, fraud and obstruction of justice

Anyone still think we should just ignore the illegals?
Mmmmmmm

Celina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jun 21, 2010
 
On June 18, 2010, Arizona Republican Senator Jon Kyl told the audience at a North Tempe Tea Party town hall meeting that during a private, one-on-one meeting with President Obama in the Oval Office, the President told him, regarding securing the southern border with Mexico,“The problem is,... if we secure the border, then you all won’t have any reason to support ‘comprehensive immigration reform.’”[Audible gasps were heard throughout the audience.] Sen. Kyl continued,“In other words, they’re holding it hostage. They don’t want to secure the border unless and until it is combined with ‘comprehensive immigration reform.’” Sen. Kyl also said he reminded President Obama that the President and the Congress have an obligation, a duty, to secure the border.
nofan

Celina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jun 23, 2010
 
IF they legalize these intruders there will be less work for legal americans and these invaders will have the right to spit on our rights.

However, there will be job growth in the prison system. More prisons will be needed to house all the criminals who are here now. 82% of all hispanic illegals have been arrested 13 or more times on average....
carole

Celina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jul 26, 2010
 
letter to the editor in Richmond indiana.

THIS REALLY EXPLAINS THE illegal immigrant issue.

Let's say I break into your house

A lady wrote the best letter in the Editorials in ages!!! It explains things better than all the baloney you hear on TV.

Her point:

Recently large demonstrations have taken place across the country protesting the fact that Congress is finally addressing the issue of illegal immigration.

Certain people are angry that the US might protect its own borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and, once here, to stay indefinitely.

Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protests.

Let's say I break into your house.

Let's say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave.

But I say,'No! I like it here. It's better than my house. I've made all the beds and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors. I've done all the things you don't like to do. I'm hard-working and honest (except for when I broke into your house).

According to the protesters:

You are Required to let me stay in your houseYou are Required to feed me

You are Required to add me to your family's insurance plan

You are Required to Educate my kids

You are Required to Provide other benefits to me & to my family

My husband will do all of your yard work because he is also hard-working and honest.(except for that breaking in part).

If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my RIGHT to be there.

It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and I'm just trying to better myself. I'm a hard-working and honest, person, except for well, you know, I did break into your house

And what a deal it is for me!!!

I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of cold, uncaring, selfish, prejudiced, and bigoted behavior.

Oh yeah, and I DEMAND that you learn MY LANGUAGE!!! so that you can communicate with me.

Why can't people see how ridiculous this is?!

America is populated and governed by idiots.

If you agree, pass it on (in English).

If not blow it off.........

along with your future Social Security funds and a lot of the former benefits of being an American Citizen.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Greenville Discussions

Search the Greenville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 14 min ino 29,435
Terry huston 3 hr Ralph 2
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) 6 hr gary 2,225
the bistro Jul 25 Ralph 2
Where are all the lose women at? Jul 24 herb 2
Places hiring in Greenville Jul 24 None 2
Illegal mexicans!!! (Jul '11) Jul 24 Archer 47

Related Media

Greenville Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]