Immigration Debate - Dunkirk, NY

Discuss the national Immigration debate in Dunkirk, NY.

Do you support Arizona's immigration law?

Dunkirk Supports
Support
 
16
Oppose
 
2

Vote now in Dunkirk:

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
batman

Dunkirk, NY

#1 May 27, 2010
we need t get rid of all illegals. in every state as well as az. come thru the front door and go thru the proper channels. come here to be an american not trying to change are country. speak english also. sucure the borders at any expense.
ISpeakEnglish

Fredonia, NY

#2 May 27, 2010
batman wrote:
we need t get rid of all illegals. in every state as well as az. come thru the front door and go thru the proper channels. come here to be an american not trying to change are country. speak english also. sucure the borders at any expense.
Not saying I disagree with you, but many of the illegals can speak English better than you can write it!:P
zzz

Lancaster, NY

#4 May 28, 2010
People are already required to prove their identity on demand from law enforcement. If they're here illegally, they can't prove their identity, thus they have to be imprisoned until their identity is proven. If they are in fact here illegally, deportation should follow.
CITIZEN

Dunkirk, NY

#5 May 29, 2010
There is nothing wrong with a person who is willing to die to better there selves in our country. Give them a citizenship test and allow them to stay. Dont forget what America was founded on we were all Illegals at one time thats what made our country grow. How dare we imprison people for wanting to better themselves, what a arrogant thing to do and I believe our forefathers would not be pleased. Also think of the bad name we are giving ourselves by going on a witch hunt for illegals. Think of all the already made citizens that go to work and school now scared because they will be stoped at any random time to get "thier papers checked". Complete abuse on our part and disrespect.
gillmasonman fl

Tampa, FL

#6 May 29, 2010
CITIZEN wrote:
There is nothing wrong with a person who is willing to die to better there selves in our country. Give them a citizenship test and allow them to stay. Dont forget what America was founded on we were all Illegals at one time thats what made our country grow. How dare we imprison people for wanting to better themselves, what a arrogant thing to do and I believe our forefathers would not be pleased. Also think of the bad name we are giving ourselves by going on a witch hunt for illegals. Think of all the already made citizens that go to work and school now scared because they will be stoped at any random time to get "thier papers checked". Complete abuse on our part and disrespect.
DRUG SMUGGELING, and murdeing american ranchers,human smug...border agents being shot...when will you people realize, they are NOT just coming over here to OBEY the laws of the land..ITS NOT arrogant, to PROTECT LEGAL AMERICAN CITESENS..sp...IF you lived in or even viseted a border town i believe you would be singing a very dif. tune..they are degrading america... and the prisons are FILLED to capacity with the LEAGL ones !!! who cant obey the laws , and the tax payers PAY.... wake the F@#% UP !!!!! the neiborhoods they live in are ALL GANG RELATED..and riddled with CRIME...FACT'S are FACT'S....
joe white

Fredonia, NY

#7 May 29, 2010
CITIZEN wrote:
There is nothing wrong with a person who is willing to die to better there selves in our country. Give them a citizenship test and allow them to stay. Dont forget what America was founded on we were all Illegals at one time thats what made our country grow. How dare we imprison people for wanting to better themselves, what a arrogant thing to do and I believe our forefathers would not be pleased. Also think of the bad name we are giving ourselves by going on a witch hunt for illegals. Think of all the already made citizens that go to work and school now scared because they will be stoped at any random time to get "thier papers checked". Complete abuse on our part and disrespect.
America was founded by illegals? my grandpaents went thru Ellis Island by the book(law) where does it say that people can be stopped at random to check papers,where? i have no problem with folks who want to come to our country to better themselves but they need to do so following the law! where or who was imprisoned for wanting to better themselves if they abided by the law? how about the abuse of the American taxpayer who have to pay for the flagrant violation of our laws? try going down to Mexico without abiding by thier law(s) and you'll be in for a rude awakening. the Arizona law is nothing more than saying we(Arizona) are going to enforce the Federal law. please read the AZ law before responding!
penny

Akron, NY

#8 May 30, 2010
This law just allows innocent people to be harassed.
gillmasonman fl

Tampa, FL

#9 May 30, 2010
I can HOnestly say...AS much as this country is in DISARRAY, at the border townes....that if i was stoped once, or twice a week, to show my citizenship,wich is worst case senario....I would feel greatful the agents are doing theire JOB and protecting legle americans..Have you any clue whats going on down there ?????...I hate to sound redundent...but it is a VERY serious, DANGEROUS, situation !!!read up on ALL thats going on !!Times have changed...its not just people coming here to work !!!
joe white

Fredonia, NY

#10 May 30, 2010
penny wrote:
This law just allows innocent people to be harassed.
where in the law or how in the law does it differ from the federal law already on the books? please show me,or tell me and i will change my mind? Penney please read the AZ law and then form your opinion. I know the media portrays it as you say but it is not true. please once again read what it says(the law) and then comment. i already know i will be attacked by those that are uninformed but don't go that way.
gillmasonman fl

Tampa, FL

#11 May 30, 2010
no attack here joe...i dont claim to know it all , and shure hope i dont come across that way...its just that i cant beleive that an american citizen could have the attitude of: oh, theire ok... theire just lookin for work and trying to better themselves....when soooo much info is avail. through the internet that they are on...and what we see is prob. a fraction of the reallity...border security is like prevenitive maintainence....and hinde site is 20-20,while all the above people are pointing fingers !!!wondering what happened ... AFTER the FACT !!! IF you dont seeit here... drive through a bordertowne...with youre doors unlocked, an look like a tourist..you will feel like you are in a FOREIGN COUNTRY!!!!!!
joe white

Fredonia, NY

#12 May 30, 2010
gillmasonman fl wrote:
no attack here joe...i dont claim to know it all , and shure hope i dont come across that way...its just that i cant beleive that an american citizen could have the attitude of: oh, theire ok... theire just lookin for work and trying to better themselves....when soooo much info is avail. through the internet that they are on...and what we see is prob. a fraction of the reallity...border security is like prevenitive maintainence....and hinde site is 20-20,while all the above people are pointing fingers !!!wondering what happened ... AFTER the FACT !!! IF you dont seeit here... drive through a bordertowne...with youre doors unlocked, an look like a tourist..you will feel like you are in a FOREIGN COUNTRY!!!!!!
as a matter of fact you come across as well informed and educated and know the situation. i have friends in AZ and they tell me the situation is scarey in the Tuscon area.
Something2think about

Fredonia, NY

#13 May 30, 2010
Then They Came for Me (A New Twist)
By Stephen Rohde, constitutional lawyer

Adapted from the original by Rev. Martin Niemoller (1937).
First they came for the Muslims, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Muslim.

Then they came to detain immigrants indefinitely solely upon the certification of the Attorney General, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't an immigrant.

Then they came to eavesdrop on suspects consulting with their attorneys, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a suspect.

Then they came to prosecute non-citizens before secret military commissions, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a non-citizen.

Then they came to enter homes and offices for unannounced "sneak and peek" searches, and I didn't speak up because I had nothing to hide.

Then they came to reinstate Cointelpro and resume the infiltration and surveillance of domestic religious and political groups, and I didn't speak up because I had stopped participating in any groups.

Then they came for anyone who objected to government policy because it aided the terrorists and gave ammunition to America's enemies, and I didn't speak up because...... I didn't speak up.

Then they came for me....... and by that time no one was left to speak up.
gillmasonman fl

Tampa, FL

#14 May 30, 2010
a new twist !!!! IT is ILLEGAL for foreiners to cross the borders...without proper id...but millions have and cont. to do so...with very serious negative consequences...we havent SPOKE UP...so now ariz. is ...thank god...and you can beleive it IS the people of ariz. SPEAKING !!!..look at the votes...democracy !!!!! for the people...ummm the legal one's i mean !!!
bad news

Dunkirk, NY

#15 Jun 1, 2010
get all them wet backs out
former arizonian

Westfield, NY

#16 Jun 3, 2010
We had less problems with illegals than here(I lived in Camp Verde). But the ones I have met who are LEGAL are great people. You should not be allowed citizenship in any part of the states unless there was possibility of a job. With that said, weHAVE to fix the problems in this country before anyone is allowed in. Illegals, don't care from France, England, Germany,etc. should not be allowed here until we right the ship.
Birdie

Buffalo, NY

#17 Jun 3, 2010
I don't mind if they come legally, get a job, learn the language and stop the damn whining!!
AND, quite yakking about how wonderful it is where you came from. This is a trait of the Puerto Ricans....they come here, and then talk about how great PR is - so go back if it's so great!!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#18 Jun 3, 2010
My family came to America in 1630. they had no papers. I guess I'm illegal!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#19 Jun 3, 2010
bad news wrote:
get all them wet backs out
Fine - go pick your own fruits and vegetables!
gillmasonman fl

Tampa, FL

#20 Jun 3, 2010
c k dexter wrote:
My family came to America in 1630. they had no papers. I guess I'm illegal!
UMMM yea, they used to burn people at the stake too back in those days, for being witches...Id like to think we are qwite a bit more intelligent these days,..With laws, voted in place by an AMERICAN DEMOCRACY ..

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#21 Jun 4, 2010
gillmasonman fl wrote:
<quoted text> UMMM yea, they used to burn people at the stake too back in those days, for being witches...Id like to think we are qwite a bit more intelligent these days,..With laws, voted in place by an AMERICAN DEMOCRACY ..
You'd like to think so, but we're not...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dunkirk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Rosas and dunkirk face lawsuit for his com... 6 min Da Truth 28
Handyman Needed 6 hr Need some help 1
Robert Gee charges and suicide Tue over it 13
joe white is a big fat fkking homo!!!! Tue juju 4
Illegal bar? Aug 31 Wannabe Bandit 11
News Funding Approved For County Airport Projects Aug 29 Pilot 1
Chautauqua Opportunities (Oct '09) Aug 29 neveragain 241

Related Media

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]