Health Care Debate - Massapequa Park, NY

Discuss the national Health Care debate in Massapequa Park, NY.

Do you support President Obama's health care policy?

Massapequa Park supports
Support
 
75
Oppose
 
65

Vote now in Massapequa Park:

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#1595 Dec 20, 2012
Wow, an article by CNN, ultra liberal news media, in favor of more guns:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/19/opinion/bennett...

Gun Control: Myths and Realities
By
David Lampo

Think you know the facts about gun control? If your only source of information is the mainstream media, what you think you know may not be correct. Take the quiz below and test your knowledge.

1. Thousands of children die annually in gun accidents.

False. Gun accidents involving children are actually at record lows

2. Gun shows are responsible for a large number of firearms falling into the hands of criminals.

False. Contrary to claims, there is no “gun show loophole.” All commercial arms dealers at gun shows must run background checks. According to the U.S. Department of Justice, at most 2 percent of guns used by criminals are purchased at gun shows, and most of those were purchased legally by people who passed background checks.

3. The tragedy at Columbine High School a year ago illustrates the deficiencies of current gun control laws.

False. Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold violated close to 20 firearms laws in amassing their cache of weapons. so it seems rather dubious to argue that additional laws might have prevented this tragedy. The two shotguns and rifle used by Harris and Klebold were purchased by a girlfriend who would have passed a background check, and the TEC-9 handgun used by them was already illegal.

(take notice of this)
4. States that allow registered citizens to carry concealed weapons have lower crime rates than those that don’t.

True. The 31 states that have “shall issue” laws allowing private citizens to carry concealed weapons have, on average, a 24 percent lower violent crime rate, a 19 percent lower murder rate and a 39 percent lower robbery rate than states that forbid concealed weapons. In fact, the nine states with the lowest violent crime rates are all right-to-carry states. Remarkably, guns are used for self-defense more than 2 million times a year, three to five times the estimated number of violent crimes committed with guns.

5. Waiting periods lower crime rates.

False. Numerous studies have been conducted on the effects of waiting periods, both before and after the federal Brady bill was passed in 1993. Those studies consistently show that there is no correlation between waiting periods and murder or robbery rates. Florida State University professor Gary Kleck analyzed data from every U.S. city with a population over 100,000 and found that waiting periods had no statistically significant effect. Even University of Maryland anti-gun researcher David McDowell found that “waiting periods have no influence on either gun homicides or gun suicides.”

6. Lower murder rates in foreign countries prove that gun control works.

False. This is one of the favorite arguments of gun control proponents, and yet the facts show that there is simply no correlation between gun control laws and murder or suicide rates across a wide spectrum of nations and cultures. In Israel and Switzerland, for example, a license to possess guns is available on demand to every law-abiding adult, and guns are easily obtainable in both nations. Both countries also allow widespread carrying of concealed firearms, and yet, admits Dr. Arthur Kellerman, one of the foremost medical advocates of gun control, Switzerland and Israel “have rates of homicide that are low despite rates of home firearm ownership that are at least as high as those in the United States.” A comparison of crime rates within Europe reveals no correlation between access to guns and crime.

CT shooting:
The Mother of that man was more to blame than anyone else, she purchased the guns after her son was turned down.

An intelligent answer would be to ban the sale of guns to anyone that has a person n their home that is on medication for mental health problems.

Since: Dec 12

Bhopal, India

#1596 Dec 21, 2012
Hi,
Welcome to this forum site. Here you can find everything about your queries. I have no any specific idea according to your
query so my suggestion is that you have to contact some specialist.thank you
----------
[url=http://www.ezdia.com/epad /water-filter-reviews-informat ion-water-filter-system/6864/] WATER FILTER REVIEWS AND INFORMATION[/url]

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#1597 Dec 21, 2012
According to the FBI. Fists, Feet etc. killed more people than Rifles and Shotguns combined in 2011.
Knives killed more people than Rifles and Shotguns combined in 2011.
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in...
I know liberals do not like facts, but you do not have to be deaf and dumb.
As I had posted, the Mother of that man was more responsible than anyone else as she had purchased the Guns after her son was refused.
I also posted that I believe the correct action, not acting out of hysteria, is to refuse to allow someone, anyone, to purchase a rifle or gun, that has someone living in their home that is on mental health medication. If they lie, they should be liable to go to jail.
Smokin Joe

Brentwood, NY

#1598 Dec 21, 2012

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#1599 Dec 23, 2012
For those that are falling for the hysteria gun laws:

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY
In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control.
From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents,
Unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
----------
In 1911, Turkey established gun control.
From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians,
Unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
----------
Germany established gun control in 1938 and
From 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were
Unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
----------
China established gun control in 1935.
From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents,
Unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
----------
Guatemala established gun control in 1964.
From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians,
Unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
----------
Uganda established gun control in 1970.
From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians,
Unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
----------
Cambodia established gun control in 1956.
From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people,
Unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
----------
Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated
in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.
----------
You won't see this data on the US evening news,
or hear politicians disseminating this information.
Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property
and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.
Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!
The next time someone talks in favor of gun control,
please remind them of this history lesson.
With guns, we are 'citizens'.
Without them, we are 'subjects'.
During WW II the Japanese decided not to invade America
because they knew most Americans were ARMED!
If you value your freedom, please spread this anti gun - control message to all of your friends.
The purpose of fighting is to win.
There is no possible victory in defense.
The sword is more important than the shield,
and skill is more important than either.
The final weapon is the brain.
All else is supplemental.
SWITZERLAND ISSUES EVERY HOUSEHOLD A GUN!
SWITZERLAND'S GOVERNMENT TRAINS EVERY ADULT THEY ISSUE A RIFLE.
SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED
CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!
IT'S A NO BRAINER!
DON'T LET OUR GOVERNMENT WASTE MILLIONS OF OUR TAX DOLLARS
IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE ALL LAW ABIDING CITIZENS AN EASY TARGET.

The United States was brought to its knees by a handful of dedicated criminals USING ONLY ....A FEW BOX CUTTERS!

The two states that have liberal gun permits also have the lowest crime. Think the bad guys knowing that someone behind the door is armed may have something to do with that?

Do a search on North Dakota, and Vermont
Smokin Joe

Brooklyn, NY

#1600 Dec 23, 2012

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#1602 Dec 26, 2012

12/26/2012 8:09:00 AM
Priests for Life wins exemption from HHS mandate
Catholic News Service Fr. Frank Pavone
LIfeNews.com

A pro-life Catholic group has won a legal battle in court to get an exemption from having to comply with a federal Health and Human Services contraception mandate.

The mandate compels some religious employers to pay for and refer employees for birth control, abortion-causing drugs and contraception in violation of employers’ religious beliefs.

Last week, attorneys Robert Muise and David Yerushalmi presented oral argument in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York in support of Priests for Life. The next day, the federal government entered into a stipulation that it would not enforce the HHS mandate against Priests for Life pending a revision in the rules that would protect religious liberty.

The government agreed that it “will not take any enforcement action against [Priests for Life], its group health plans, or the group health insurance coverage provided in connection with such plans, for not covering in the health plans any contraceptive services required to be covered.”

In August, Priests for Life indicated it would openly defy the mandate if it did not receive legal protection in court. At the time, Father Frank Pavone told LifeNews his pro-life group doesn’t qualify for the narrowly-drawn exemptions in the mandate, so his organization will not comply with it and will run the risk of fines and other possible punishment.

"We are not “religious” enough for this Administration,” Father Pavone said then.“But regardless of all that, we do not adapt to injustice; we oppose it.”
Reality Check

Brentwood, NY

#1603 Dec 27, 2012
February 27, 2012 -- Chardon High School, Chardon, Ohio. Student Daniel Parmertor, 16, is killed and four others wounded when student T.J. Lane opens fire in the school, authorities say. On February 28, Demetrius Hewlin, 16, dies from his wounds, and Russell King Jr., 17, is declared brain-dead. On March1, T.J. Lane is charged with three counts of aggravated murder, two of attempted aggravated murder and one of felonious assault.

October 2, 2006 -- West Nickel Mines School, Nickel Mines, Pennsylvania. Charles Roberts IV, 32, goes to the small Amish school and takes at least 11 girls hostage. Five girls were killed and six others wounded. Roberts then killed himself.

November 8, 2005 -- Campbell County Comprehensive High School, Jacksboro, Tennessee. A 15-year-old student opens fire on a principal and two assistant principals, killing one of them and critically wounding another, authorities said.

March 21, 2005 -- Red Lake High School, Red Lake, Minnesota. Jeff Weise, 16, kills his grandfather and another adult, four fellow students, a teacher and a security officer. He then killed himself.

March 5, 2001 -- Santana High School, Santee, California. Charles "Andy" Williams, 15, kills two classmates, a 14-year old and a 17-year old, and injures 13. Williams is sentenced in 2002 to at least 50 years in prison.

April 20, 1999 -- Columbine High School, Littleton, Colorado. Eric Harris, 18, and Dylan Klebold, 17, kill 12 fellow students and one teacher before committing suicide in the school library.

May 21, 1998 -- Thurston High School, Springfield, Oregon. After killing his parents the previous day, 15-year old Kip Kinkel returns to Thurston High armed with a rifle. He kills two students in the school cafeteria, a 16- and a 17-year old. He is sentenced to 112 years in prison.

March 24, 1998 -- Westside Middle School, Jonesboro, Arkansas. Andrew Golden, 11, and Mitchell Johnson, 13, ambush fellow students and their teachers, killing five. Johnson is incarcerated in a youth facility and released on his 21st birthday in August 2005. Golden is released on his 21st birthday in May 2007.

December 1, 1997 -- Heath High School, West Paducah, Kentucky. Michael Carneal, 14, opens fire on a school prayer group, killing three girls. He is serving life in prison.

February 2, 1996 -- Frontier Junior High School, Moses Lake, Washington. Barry Loukaitis, 14, takes a rifle to school and kills two classmates and a teacher. He was sentenced to life in prison.

May 1, 1992 -- Lindhurst High School, Olivehurst, California. Eric Houston, a 20-year old dropout, returns to his old high school and kills a former teacher and three students. Houston is sentenced to death.

February 26, 1992 -- Thomas Jefferson High School, Brooklyn, New York. A 15-year old shoots and kills two other students. The shooter, Kahlil Sumpter, was sentenced in 1993 to between 6 2/3 and 20 years in prison. He was released in 1998.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#1604 Dec 28, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
February 27, 2012 -- Chardon High School, Chardon, Ohio. Student Daniel Parmertor, 16, is killed and four others wounded when student T.J. Lane opens fire in the school, authorities say. On February 28, Demetrius Hewlin, 16, dies from his wounds, and Russell King Jr., 17, is declared brain-dead. On March1, T.J. Lane is charged with three counts of aggravated murder, two of attempted aggravated murder and one of felonious assault.
So??? what is your point?? No indication of where he shooters got their guns, what guns were they? Why are there illegal guns aplenty
that any ex convict can buy? All of the restrictions are on the legal gun purchaser. are you saying that legal law abiding citizens shouldn't be allowed to protect themselves and their loved ones and their property?
Answer me this fact, the two states with the lowest crime and shootings have the easiest gun controls in the united states.
The school problem should be addressed with people like teachers who are trained to defend their children in case of a break-in like what just happened. Had there been an armed guard, this would have been avoided, had the Principal had a gun, she would have ended the whole thing, and saved so many lives.
I assume your post is another hysterical gun control freak.
Learn from history, particularly in England.
They have universal health care administered by the
NHS (national health services), and right on their website you will learn that 136,000 people were EUTHANIZED, add to that the amount of Abortions, and you have a staggering amount of killings in one year that go unchecked. And the amount of people killed in the past decades by guns used mostly by psychotic people that should have been in psychiatric hospitals instead of on the streets dwarfs ions of years of those killed intentionally by guns. Look at this video, and learn from the past mistakes of those that had formed our country and let me know if you still feel the same way. If so then you yourself should be committed
and probably are a pro abortionist. 56 million unborn children murdered and still counting:

&fe ature=youtu.be

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#1605 Dec 30, 2012
Dianne Feinstein Ms Gun control extraordinaire the phony that wants to un-arm every American that wants to be able to protect their property and family, and admits she was trained and carries a concealed weapon
Listen to this:

&fe ature=player_embedded

How about every person that was ever mugged being allowed to carry a concealed weapon because they were victims before? Oh no she doesn't want that.
A real phony

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#1606 Dec 31, 2012
Mass Shootings under Obama are increasing.
Dec 14, 2012......sandy hook
Dec. 11, 2012: Jacob Tyler Roberts, 22, opens fire in a shopping mall in suburban Portland, Ore., shooting numerous rounds from a semiautomatic rifle, ultimately killing two people and seriously injuring another
Aug. 5, 2012: Army veteran Wade Michael Page kills five men and one woman and wounds three other people, including a police officer, before taking his own life at the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin outside Milwaukee
July 20, 2012: Twelve people are killed when a gunman enters an Aurora, Colo., movie theater
Jan. 8, 2011: A gunman kills six people and wounds 13 others, including then-U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, in a shooting spree outside a grocery store in Tucson, Ar
Nov. 5, 2009: Thirteen soldiers and civilians were killed and more than two dozen wounded when a gunman walked into the Soldier Readiness Processing Center at Fort Hood, Texas, and opened fire
April 3, 2009: A 41-year-old man opened fire at an immigrant community center in Binghamton, N.Y.
March 10, 2009: Michael McLendon, 28, killed 10 people — including his mother, four other relatives, and the wife and child of a local sheriff’s deputy
before Obama took office we had:
April 16, 2007: Seung-Hui Cho, 23, kills 32 people and himself on the Virginia Tech campus in Blacksburg, Va.
April 20, 1999: Students Eric Harris, 18, and Dylan Klebold, 17, opened fire at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colo.
Oct. 16, 1991: A deadly shooting rampage took place in Killeen, Texas,
TV MAN

United States

#1608 Jan 1, 2013
Bruser wrote:
Wow, an article by CNN, ultra liberal news media, in favor of more guns:
http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/19/opinion/bennett...
Gun Control: Myths and Realities
By
David Lampo
Think you know the facts about gun control? If your only source of information is the mainstream media, what you think you know may not be correct. Take the quiz below and test your knowledge.
1. Thousands of children die annually in gun accidents.
False. Gun accidents involving children are actually at record lows
2. Gun shows are responsible for a large number of firearms falling into the hands of criminals.
False. Contrary to claims, there is no “gun show loophole.” All commercial arms dealers at gun shows must run background checks. According to the U.S. Department of Justice, at most 2 percent of guns used by criminals are purchased at gun shows, and most of those were purchased legally by people who passed background checks.
3. The tragedy at Columbine High School a year ago illustrates the deficiencies of current gun control laws.
False. Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold violated close to 20 firearms laws in amassing their cache of weapons. so it seems rather dubious to argue that additional laws might have prevented this tragedy. The two shotguns and rifle used by Harris and Klebold were purchased by a girlfriend who would have passed a background check, and the TEC-9 handgun used by them was already illegal.
(take notice of this)
4. States that allow registered citizens to carry concealed weapons have lower crime rates than those that don’t.
True. The 31 states that have “shall issue” laws allowing private citizens to carry concealed weapons have, on average, a 24 percent lower violent crime rate, a 19 percent lower murder rate and a 39 percent lower robbery rate than states that forbid concealed weapons. In fact, the nine states with the lowest violent crime rates are all right-to-carry states. Remarkably, guns are used for self-defense more than 2 million times a year, three to five times the estimated number of violent crimes committed with guns.
5. Waiting periods lower crime rates.
False. Numerous studies have been conducted on the effects of waiting periods, both before and after the federal Brady bill was passed in 1993. Those studies consistently show that there is no correlation between waiting periods and murder or robbery rates. Florida State University professor Gary Kleck analyzed data from every U.S. city with a population over 100,000 and found that waiting periods had no statistically significant effect. Even University of Maryland anti-gun researcher David McDowell found that “waiting periods have no influence on either gun homicides or gun suicides.”
6. Lower murder rates in foreign countries prove that gun control works.
False. This is one of the favorite arguments of gun control proponents, and yet the facts show that there is simply no correlation between gun control laws and murder or suicide rates across a wide spectrum of nations and cultures. In Israel and Switzerland, for example, a license to possess guns is available on demand to every law-abiding adult, and guns are easily obtainable in both nations. Both countries also allow widespread carrying of concealed firearms, and yet, admits Dr. Arthur Kellerman, one of the foremost medical advocates of gun control, Switzerland and Israel “have rates of homicide that are low despite rates of home firearm ownership that are at least as high as those in the United States.” A comparison of crime rates within Europe reveals no correlation between access to guns and crime.
CT shooting:
The Mother of that man was more to blame than anyone else, she purchased the guns after her son was turned down.
An intelligent answer would be to ban the sale of guns to anyone that has a person n their home that is on medication for mental health problems.
Yawning!!!!!!!!
TV MAN

United States

#1609 Jan 1, 2013
Hire Bruser to protect you.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#1610 Jan 3, 2013
TV MAN wrote:
Hire Bruser to protect you.
You could do worse and hire TV Man to manage your money:):):)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#1611 Jan 3, 2013
TV MAN wrote:
<quoted text>Yawning!!!!!!!!
That is how an IDIOT reacts to facts when he can not answer a post.

Remind you of an empty can??? All noise , no substance. Can that empty can not be recycled??? Nah, smells to bad.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#1612 Jan 3, 2013
Attention Joe Biden
FM: Ted Nugent

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/dec/...

Joe,

Congratulations on your appointment to lead a presidential commission to end gun-related violence.

As a National Rifle Association board member, husband, father, grandfather, law enforcement officer and genuinely concerned American, I too want nothing more than to see evil, senseless massacres stopped. I concur with the president and caring people everywhere: It’s time to end these slaughters.

As you gather your team to study massacres and how to stop them, I offer to you my services and a lifetime of expertise on guns in all their implementations. While I strongly differ with President Obama on many issues, I agree with him that we must work with all we can possibly muster to end these tragedies.

In the spirit of goodwill and a deep desire to end gut-wrenching, incredibly sad and senseless rampages, I offer you the following recommendations:

I encourage you to persuade the president to lead this effort by providing a number of public service announcements. The announcements should include watching out for each other, encouraging parents to be more involved in their children’s lives regarding entertainment choices, and knowing various indicators we should watch for in people who are unstable.

Clearly, the focus on solving these mass murders must be on the mentally ill. In almost every instance of mass killing, there were ample red flags and warning alarms that either were avoided or were not acted upon by mental health professionals, family members, friends and acquaintances. While I deeply respect an individual’s privacy and civil liberties, the American people need basic awareness of what indicators to look for regarding potentially violent, psychotic people. Our collective safety begins with being collectively vigilant.

You will find in your assessment that all of the massacres have occurred in gun-free zones. What gun-free zones create is an environment where good people are unarmed and virtually defenseless against an unstable person intent on committing mass murder. Gun-free zones are modern killing fields. I implore you to recommend that Congress pass a law to ban gun-free zones immediately.

Just like your full-time, armed security detail, qualified citizens with authorized, legal concealed-carry permits should be able to carry weapons virtually everywhere to protect themselves, their loved ones and innocents.

I don’t encourage you to recommend a ban on any weapon, magazine capacity or type of ammunition. That won’t accomplish anything other than prevent the 99.9 percent of responsible, law-abiding Americans from enjoying these modern weapons as we do now. We should never recommend or develop public policy that restricts the rights of the good guys based upon what evil people do or might do. If that were the case, alcohol still would be banned. As you may know, drunk drivers kill an estimated 12,000 Americans each year and hurt tens of thousands more.

I encourage you also to keep this misnamed “gun violence” in perspective. While all deaths are tragic, the vast majority of gun-related murders and violence are committed by gang members who do not use guns that look like — but do not perform like — military assault weapons. The majority of crimes that involve a firearm are committed with handguns. I concurred with you back in 2008 when you stated,“If [Mr. Obama] tries to fool with my Beretta, he’s got a problem.” I trust you still maintain those sentiments.

Again, I offer you my services and a lifetime of expertise. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Ted Nugent
bafa Napoli

Massapequa, NY

#1613 Jan 3, 2013
U.S. Marine’s Scathing Response to Sen. Feinstein’s Gun Control Proposal:‘I Am Not Your Subject. I Am the Man Who Keeps You Free’

Posted on January 2, 2013 at 7:30pm by Jason Howerton Jason Howerton
Print »
Email »

Comments (648)

U.S. Marine Joshua Bostons Scathing Response to Sen. Feinsteins Anti Gun Proposal Goes Viral

(CNN iReport)

One U.S. Marine was more than a little displeased with California Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s draconian gun control proposal, which includes an assault weapons ban and provisions on handguns and even “grandfathered weapons.”

The letter, written by U.S. Marine Joshua Boston, was titled “No ma’am” and was first posted on CNN iReport on Dec. 27. The letter has since gone viral and has been shared extensively on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter, as it seemingly has resonated with a segment of the American population.

Read Boston’s entire “No ma’am” letter below and then share it with others:

Senator Dianne Feinstein,

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government’s right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma’am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.

I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.

We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted,
Joshua Boston&#8232;Cpl,
United States Marine Corps
2004-2012
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

#1614 Jan 4, 2013
COUNTY SHERIFFS CAN BLOCK FEDERAL GUN LAWS:
President Obama has given his comic sidekick the task of pushing gun control measures through Congress. Democrats and some liberal Republicans are calling for more gun control after the tragic shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School. Some state and municipal politicians, like the #1 anti-gun person in the nation – New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, are also calling for more control.
But did you know that no matter what gun control laws are passed by the federal government, they can only be enforced in your area if your county sheriff allows them to be.
. This was established from the time of the Founding Fathers and upheld by the US Supreme Court in the 1997 case of Printz v. United States.
The case involved new federal regulations involved with the Brady Bill and gun control. FBI agents went around to the various county sheriffs and demanded that they follow the new federal guidelines. Then Graham County (AZ) Sheriff Richard Mack and several others saw the Brady Bill as being unconstitutional and refused to impose the new federal guidelines. Part of their defense was that the county sheriff was the supreme law enforcement officer over their county and that the federal government could not supersede their legal authority.
In the court’s decision, Justice Antonin Scalia wrote:
“... The great innovation of this design was that ‘our citizens would have two political capacities, one state and one federal, each protected from incursion by the other’”–“a legal system unprecedented in form and design, establishing two orders of government, each with its own direct relationship, its own privity, its own set of mutual rights and obligations to the people who sustain it and are governed by it.”(P.920)
Justice Scalia then quoted the man considered to be the Father of the US Constitution, President James Madison, when he wrote in the decision:
“[T]he local or municipal authorities form distinct and independent portions of the supremacy, no more subject, within their respective spheres, to the general authority than the general authority is subject to them, within its own sphere.” The Federalist, No. 39 at 245.
Scalia then referred to Gregory, 501 US at 458 when he wrote:
“This separation of the two spheres is one of the Constitution’s structural protections of liberty:‘Just as the separation and independence of the coordinate branches of the Federal Government serve to prevent the accumulation of excessive power in any one branch, a healthy balance of power between the States and the Federal Government will reduce the risk of tyranny and abuse from either front.’...”
Hence a double security arises to the rights of the people. The different governments will control each other, at the same time that each will be controlled by itself.”(P. 922).
In other words, the county sheriff is the highest governmental authority in his county and he does not have to bow to the tyranny of the federal government if he deems such actions to be unconstitutional or unlawful. In essence, the county sheriff has more legal authority within his county than the governor or the state or even the president of the United States.
Today, former Sheriff Richard Mack works with a number of county sheriffs throughout the county, helping them understand the extent of their authority and how they can legally defy the federal government. I would highly recommend that you contact your county sheriff and see if he/she is aware of their powers and duties. If not, get them in contact with Mack and urge your county sheriff to stand up against upcoming unconstitutional gun laws that the liberals are going to try to impose on us.

CLICK ON THE LINK:http://rightmarch.com/201 3/01/county-sheriffs-can-block -federal-gun-control/
Bruce Soloman

Central Islip, NY

#1615 Jan 5, 2013
Bruser wrote:
COUNTY SHERIFFS CAN BLOCK FEDERAL GUN LAWS:
President Obama has given his comic sidekick the task of pushing gun control measures through Congress. Democrats and some liberal Republicans are calling for more gun control after the tragic shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School. Some state and municipal politicians, like the #1 anti-gun person in the nation – New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, are also calling for more control.
But did you know that no matter what gun control laws are passed by the federal government, they can only be enforced in your area if your county sheriff allows them to be.
. This was established from the time of the Founding Fathers and upheld by the US Supreme Court in the 1997 case of Printz v. United States.
The case involved new federal regulations involved with the Brady Bill and gun control. FBI agents went around to the various county sheriffs and demanded that they follow the new federal guidelines. Then Graham County (AZ) Sheriff Richard Mack and several others saw the Brady Bill as being unconstitutional and refused to impose the new federal guidelines. Part of their defense was that the county sheriff was the supreme law enforcement officer over their county and that the federal government could not supersede their legal authority.
In the court’s decision, Justice Antonin Scalia wrote:
“... The great innovation of this design was that ‘our citizens would have two political capacities, one state and one federal, each protected from incursion by the other’”–“a legal system unprecedented in form and design, establishing two orders of government, each with its own direct relationship, its own privity, its own set of mutual rights and obligations to the people who sustain it and are governed by it.”(P.920)
Justice Scalia then quoted the man considered to be the Father of the US Constitution, President James Madison, when he wrote in the decision:
“[T]he local or municipal authorities form distinct and independent portions of the supremacy, no more subject, within their respective spheres, to the general authority than the general authority is subject to them, within its own sphere.” The Federalist, No. 39 at 245.
Scalia then referred to Gregory, 501 US at 458 when he wrote:
“This separation of the two spheres is one of the Constitution’s structural protections of liberty:‘Just as the separation and independence of the coordinate branches of the Federal Government serve to prevent the accumulation of excessive power in any one branch, a healthy balance of power between the States and the Federal Government will reduce the risk of tyranny and abuse from either front.’...”
Hence a double security arises to the rights of the people. The different governments will control each other, at the same time that each will be controlled by itself.”(P. 922).
In other words, the county sheriff is the highest governmental authority in his county and he does not have to bow to the tyranny of the federal government if he deems such actions to be unconstitutional or unlawful. In essence, the county sheriff has more legal authority within his county than the governor or the state or even the president of the United States.
Today, former Sheriff Richard Mack works with a number of county sheriffs throughout the county, helping them understand the extent of their authority and how they can legally defy the federal government. I would highly recommend that you contact your county sheriff and see if he/she is aware of their powers and duties. If not, get them in contact with Mack and urge your county sheriff to stand up against upcoming unconstitutional gun laws that the liberals are going to try to impose on us.
CLICK ON THE LINK:http://rightmarch.com/201 3/01/county-sheriffs-can-block -federal-gun-control/
Three words for you and it's not Happy New Year.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#1618 Jan 11, 2013
Bruce Soloman wrote:
<quoted text>
Three words for you and it's not Happy New Year.
And two words back to you, "Dominus Vobiscum"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massapequa Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-7-Eleven Letter Arrives at West Islip Home... (Jul '12) 2 hr Enough already 18
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) 3 hr Jimmy Rustle 676
FCGOA Pres Guy James SELLS-OUT 188 Securitas Of... (Apr '11) 11 hr anthony 2
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 16 hr truth 759
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 17 hr Bruser 2,293
Levittown woman quarantined for bird mites (Jun '08) Sat mdw 44
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Sep 19 liberalP 6,443

Related Media

Massapequa Park Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]