Health Care Debate - Edgewater, FL

Discuss the national Health Care debate in Edgewater, FL.

Do you support President Obama's health care policy?

Edgewater opposes
Oppose
 
11
Support
 
1

Vote now in Edgewater:

ChattyCathy

Melbourne, FL

#1 Sep 26, 2009
More FORCED Goverment
yardman1000

AOL

#2 Oct 6, 2009
well it isnt fair for everyone and also if it is so great for us americans how come the congress and senate wont be part of it,because they have a better health plan so if you us second class americans to accept the plan make a plan that everyone will have to take,if that was the criteria then i BET the congress would get a good plan Ya think.
ChattyCathy

Melbourne, FL

#3 Oct 7, 2009
Forced Goverment, WE the people are sick of it !
we the people

San Antonio, TX

#4 Nov 30, 2009
obama is not listening to the people.we do not want your health care plan or BIG goverment.
fed up

United States

#5 Dec 8, 2009
It needs work but at least it is a start.In England everyone gets healthcare rich or poor.If you go to ER and don't have a ride home they will even drive you home at no charge.US SHOULD CARE AS MUCH.
Catgirl

Melbourne, FL

#6 Dec 13, 2009
Expands the role of gov't and the national debt

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#7 Apr 18, 2010
fed up wrote:
It needs work but at least it is a start.In England everyone gets healthcare rich or poor.If you go to ER and don't have a ride home they will even drive you home at no charge.US SHOULD CARE AS MUCH.
Everyone gets healthcare here too. Anyone can go to the ER here and run up a big bill and not even pay it. Why do you think the bills are so high for us that pay? We already have the best healthcare system in the world. Our quality of care is higher here than any government controlled HC system. You can KEEP THE CHANGE!
wise old man

Port Orange, FL

#8 Apr 18, 2010
Dear fed up. If you like the system that they have in England, I doubt that anyone in Edgewater would seriously miss you if you moved there. Feel free to go. To the rest of you, I have emailed Suzanne Kosmas several times and voiced my opinion against both before the bill passed and after. She has ignored my emails which I find to be arrogant so I am encouraging everyone to vote her out and so far I haven't found one person in favor of keeping her in office. I think and hope her days in Congress are numbered.

Since: Apr 07

Miami

#9 Apr 18, 2010
doughboy wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone gets healthcare here too. Anyone can go to the ER here and run up a big bill and not even pay it. Why do you think the bills are so high for us that pay? We already have the best healthcare system in the world. Our quality of care is higher here than any government controlled HC system. You can KEEP THE CHANGE!
Actually we don't already have the best healthcare system in the world.

http://www.photius.com/rankings/healthranks.h...

Im overall ranking of national health care systems, we're 37th.
In life expenctancy, we're 24th.
In preventable deaths, we're 14th.

BUT, in total health expenditures as a percentage of GDP, we're #1, by a mile.

http://www.nationmaster.com/red/graph/hea_tot...
wise old man

Port Orange, FL

#10 Apr 18, 2010
I am glad to see that Anonymous has done some research and I will assume that the statistics that he/she has quoted are accurate. However I don't believe that we can link our life expectancy or our preventable deaths directly to our quality of healthcare. I believe our lifestyle in this country has more to do with life expectancy and preventable deaths. We as a nation eat far too much prepared foods, we don't work at jobs that require a lot of physical exertion and we don't get enough exercise. Are we to leave it to our government to dictate to us what to eat or how much exercise we get? I don't think so. Life is a "do it yourself" project and most of us including myself do a poor job.
ru kiddingisaShill

Deer Park, TX

#13 Apr 24, 2010
wise old man wrote:
I am glad to see that Anonymous has done some research and I will assume that the statistics that he/she has quoted are accurate. However I don't believe that we can link our life expectancy or our preventable deaths directly to our quality of healthcare. I believe our lifestyle in this country has more to do with life expectancy and preventable deaths. We as a nation eat far too much prepared foods, we don't work at jobs that require a lot of physical exertion and we don't get enough exercise. Are we to leave it to our government to dictate to us what to eat or how much exercise we get? I don't think so. Life is a "do it yourself" project and most of us including myself do a poor job.
So you must be in favor of a nanny state as you are too dumb to think for yourself. So this is how a free nation goes to sh*t. Idiots that can't
think and do for themselves drag it down.
wise old man

Port Orange, FL

#14 Apr 24, 2010
No, I am not in favor of a nanny state at all. I just take responsibility for the mistakes that I have made especially concerning my health. I do not believe that my government should be thinking for me telling me what and how much I should eat or anything else. I can think for myself just fine,I just choose to do the wrong thing sometimes. I do not believe that my government owes it to me to provide medical care at the expense of everyone else just because I choose to do things that are not healthy. I will gaurantee you that I want this nation to remain free every bit as much as you do. I did not vote for the current administration and I will vote against anyone that voted for Obama care.
r

Weaverville, NC

#15 Sep 22, 2012
We can't afford it. We are already under crushing debt and high uneployment.
thegrif

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#16 Oct 8, 2012
fed up wrote:
It needs work but at least it is a start.In England everyone gets healthcare rich or poor.If you go to ER and don't have a ride home they will even drive you home at no charge.US SHOULD CARE AS MUCH.
Was talking to guy from England about a month ago. He said his dad in England needed a heart something, I forget exactly what, point is he was told he was to old, so they got dad to America, dad got care and is still kickin today. Also you do something like that here, then you better make appointment today if you wanna get in by next year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edgewater Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 12 hr feliciano 2,976
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 13 hr The Poet 2,508
Daytona Beach police officer charged with felon... Sep 15 headheldhigh 1
Husband of woman charged in South Daytona fatal... Sep 14 dick dasterley 3
crime scene on New Smyrna Beach yesterday Sep 5 mitchelljs 1
Cops in fatal salon shooting cleared Sep 4 nojustice 1
Off-duty cops find 55 pounds of marijuana near ... Sep 3 gone blind 1

Related Media

Edgewater Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]