Health Care Debate - Chicago, IL

Discuss the national Health Care debate in Chicago, IL.

Do you support President Obama's health care policy?

Chicago opposes
Oppose
 
228
Support
 
209

Vote now in Chicago:

First Prev
of 167
Next Last
Magic

Carrollton, GA

#1 Sep 12, 2009
Abortions, and the Medicare Plan for the elderly and the disabled, along with the 12 million illegal aliens onboard? Sitting in the Senate right now is an amnesty bill awaiting for the bill to be passed then Obamunism is going to give them amnesty? Do you feel secure here anymore with a pres that puts a freeze on deportation? Who are these people how many are illegal Islam terrorists? we are not safe and Iran is getting the Nuke? We are at war and for now the health care is fine and we can wait until the Prez makes a move to end these wars in Iraq and Afghanland! And he tells Iran NO more NUKES! JFK, LBJ, TRUMAN AND EVEN COLIN POWELL WOULD SAY NO AS WELL! So let's see what he says?

Judged:

14

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Justthrowingitou tthere

United States

#2 Sep 12, 2009
Dude, quit stealing my crack.
Nikita

Chicago, IL

#5 Sep 12, 2009
Health care is an essential need for a strong economy. It is also a sound moral decision.

Judged:

23

14

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nikita

Chicago, IL

#6 Sep 12, 2009
Health care is essential for a strong economy. As well as it is morally right decision.
USAPROUD

Bowling Green, KY

#8 Sep 12, 2009
You are correct. Illegals are not covered in any insurance proposals... just as they are not covered in any now..... THATS THE PROBLEM!! THEY ARE NOT EXCEMPTED!!! They get health care by reporting to an emergency room just like any other person and get care on the taxpayer dime! So yes, they are 'not covered'. It's all political wording so they still get covered from your hard work... Guess that is what some people want though.
USAPROUD

Bowling Green, KY

#9 Sep 12, 2009
It is also morally right to take care of yourself and not 'bum' off of others when you are capable of doing so. Problem is, not all of us are morally right and would rather sit and take advantage than to help out. I will help anyone that truly needs it. Those that play the system and moan about they cant work because they are too big or have too many mouths to feed, I have not time for.
freds

Hollywood, FL

#10 Sep 12, 2009
liars!!!!!!!we going to pay more taxes for nothing.
Wendy in Illinois

Bartlett, IL

#12 Sep 12, 2009
lies more lies wrote:
ILLEGALS CAN NOT GET MEDICARE STUPID. HE IS NOT GIVING THE ILLEGAL SCUMBAGS AMNESTY STUPID.
ANOTHER LIE.MAGIC SAID, "" We are at war and for now the health care is fine and we can wait until the Prez makes a move to end these wars in Iraq and Afghanlan" HEY FEAR MONGERING STUPID F***
THE REPUBLICANS STARTED THESE WARS . AND ANOTHER THING HEALTH CARE IS NOT FINE PEOPLE ARE GOING BROKE PAYING FOR HEALTH CARE, FAMILIES WITH GOOD JOBS, AND THE INSURANCE CRIMINALS ARE RIPPING THE USA OFF BIG TIME. GREED GREED GREED, AND YOU SAY HEALTH CARE IS FINE . WHAT PLANET ARE YOU FROM, URANUS I BET. THE ELDERLY ALREADY HAVE MEDICARE STUPID F***, AND THE DISABLED . YOUR LIES ARE NOT WORKING ANY MORE THE PRES SAID IT ON TV THE OTHER DAY BUT IDIOTS LIKE YOU STILL TRY AND LIE, LIE LIE AND FEAR MONGER , YOU ARE FULL OF SH**........
Yes, Magic is either nuts or not very bright.
Wendy in Illinois

Bartlett, IL

#13 Sep 12, 2009
For those that are not very intelligent:

My employers health costs just rose 20% over past year and 20% the year before. My older son's employer's healthcare costs went up 25% over the past year. They are upping our out of pocket expenses and deductibles every year. How long do you think this can go on? Wake up and look at the future. Employers will not be able to afford keeping their employees insured for much longer. Then you will all be screaming and wining that the government should have done something when you were the ones screaming to stop them from trying to do something. You need to stop being brainless and see that the growing healthcare disaster is much worse than trying to do something. Also, my younger son could not get health insurance because of pre-existing conditions. He was not offered healthcare through work. His only option was through the state pool. We could not afford the outrageous premium so he was uninsured with severe asthma. We are just one of millions who are having huge problems. The current system is failing and getting worse every year. A friend just called me the other day. Her and her husband have their own business so they have an individual health insurance policy for themselves. They just received their annual renewal and their premiums went up over $150 per month. Anyone who thinks healthcare does not need to be overhauled is completely stupid.

Judged:

11

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
christine jones

Richton Park, IL

#14 Sep 12, 2009
something has to be done to rein in the health insurance companies. they will end up backrupting this country and will be "too big to fail" it we don't. another enron, wall street, and another buseness looking for a government handout while still paying ceo's millions in bonuses.
bee jay

Richton Park, IL

#15 Sep 12, 2009
Wendy in Illinois wrote:
For those that are not very intelligent:
My employers health costs just rose 20% over past year and 20% the year before. My older son's employer's healthcare costs went up 25% over the past year. They are upping our out of pocket expenses and deductibles every year. How long do you think this can go on? Wake up and look at the future. Employers will not be able to afford keeping their employees insured for much longer. Then you will all be screaming and wining that the government should have done something when you were the ones screaming to stop them from trying to do something. You need to stop being brainless and see that the growing healthcare disaster is much worse than trying to do something. Also, my younger son could not get health insurance because of pre-existing conditions. He was not offered healthcare through work. His only option was through the state pool. We could not afford the outrageous premium so he was uninsured with severe asthma. We are just one of millions who are having huge problems. The current system is failing and getting worse every year. A friend just called me the other day. Her and her husband have their own business so they have an individual health insurance policy for themselves. They just received their annual renewal and their premiums went up over $150 per month. Anyone who thinks healthcare does not need to be overhauled is completely stupid.
i agree. i'm retired and since 2006, my health insurance has risen 100% and out of pocket costs rose 75%. this on a fixed incom. add the three property tax hikes in cook county since 2006, increased sales taxes and you have another retiree that is going to go to the assessors office to hand over the keys to my house since they have made it impossible to continue to live here and with my health care coupons (thats what coverage amounts to now) i have left the middle class and am now poor.
Marshmouse50mil

Elkhart, IN

#16 Sep 12, 2009
Obama waste to much money and he is ACORN
TN 912er

Nashville, TN

#19 Sep 12, 2009
christine jones wrote:
something has to be done to rein in the health insurance companies. they will end up backrupting this country and will be "too big to fail" it we don't. another enron, wall street, and another buseness looking for a government handout while still paying ceo's millions in bonuses.

I agree we need reform in our health care system, it's far from perfect. However, I do not think what our government is doing to fix it is going to help. It's going to be great for those without insurance and for the extremely ill, but everyone else is going to have less than they have now. Congress should be passing laws to fix some of the problems with our health care. Not acting as a private insurance company themselves. They could easily write a bill that states insurance companies can not deny anyone with a pre-existing condition and have it passed unanimously. Yes we are going to say the government should have done something. We've been saying that for years.
Wendy in Illinois

Bartlett, IL

#20 Sep 12, 2009
TN 912er wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree we need reform in our health care system, it's far from perfect. However, I do not think what our government is doing to fix it is going to help. It's going to be great for those without insurance and for the extremely ill, but everyone else is going to have less than they have now. Congress should be passing laws to fix some of the problems with our health care. Not acting as a private insurance company themselves. They could easily write a bill that states insurance companies can not deny anyone with a pre-existing condition and have it passed unanimously. Yes we are going to say the government should have done something. We've been saying that for years.
TN 912er,

Only have an alternative option will drive the price of private insurance down. If you tell them they can't deny people for pre-existing conditions, they will just jack up their premiums even more.

You said:

"It's going to be great for those without insurance and for the extremely ill, but everyone else is going to have less than they have now."

TN 912er,

You may have insurance now, but if something big isn't done now, you will not have it for long or if you do have it, you will not be able to afford it.
lib brain freeze

United States

#21 Sep 12, 2009
more taxes suck
TN 912er

Nashville, TN

#22 Sep 12, 2009
Wendy in Illinois wrote:
<quoted text>
TN 912er,
Only have an alternative option will drive the price of private insurance down. If you tell them they can't deny people for pre-existing conditions, they will just jack up their premiums even more.
You said:
"It's going to be great for those without insurance and for the extremely ill, but everyone else is going to have less than they have now."
TN 912er,
You may have insurance now, but if something big isn't done now, you will not have it for long or if you do have it, you will not be able to afford it.
I'm assuming when you say an alternative option, your referring to a government option. It may very well drive the private sector price down, however the private sector , us , the tax payer will then be paying our part in the private sector and paying our part via taxes to the alternative option. Where are the savings? In the long run we could be paying more for healthcare than we are now

Alz

Since: Oct 08

Chicago

#23 Sep 12, 2009
It's a ginormous mistake to let the government take over the industry.

I'll take the doctors and insurance companies every day of the week over the government.

Every time the we give the government more to do, it screws it up.

Overall, for every $100,000 the government is spending, only $55,000 is being paid for. The rest is coming from debt through the Chinese, etc. and the Federal Reserve's "printing presses."

We would be crazy to allow the government to take this over.

Finally, why is Obama ignoring the economy? Why is he focusing on healthcare now while hundreds of thousands of people keep losing their jobs every month and thousands of businesses go bankrupt????

His own adviser said that unemployment will stay high for years! See http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0909/270...
Chip

Grandville, MI

#24 Sep 12, 2009
Obama is destroying our economy, that is a fact that can be proved on every level. A stimulus package full of crap that we can't afford has pushed economic recovery back years just like the new deal pushed the depression back years. He is printing money at an astronomical rate. Now he wants to pay for healthcare? We need health care reform, how about you look at the Repulicans health care reform package that actually outlines how we can reduce cost over the long term instead of a government takeover. Last time I checked we were not a socialist country, lets stop acting like one before our economy fails.
super rip off

Des Plaines, IL

#25 Sep 13, 2009
THESE COMMENTS ARE FROM REPUBLICANS,""" how about you look at the Repulicans health care reform package"" """"" Why is he focusing on healthcare now """" TYPICAL REP NONSENSE THEY SAY, DONT DO IT NO NO NO. ALL THE REP SAY ABOUT ANYTHING OBAHMA DOES. WHEN FOR THE LAST 8 YRS BUSH DID NOTHING TO HELP ""ALL"" " AMERICANS.
god knows and sees

Lawrenceburg, KY

#27 Sep 13, 2009
Magic wrote:
Abortions, and the Medicare Plan for the elderly and the disabled, along with the 12 million illegal aliens onboard? Sitting in the Senate right now is an amnesty bill awaiting for the bill to be passed then Obamunism is going to give them amnesty? Do you feel secure here anymore with a pres that puts a freeze on deportation? Who are these people how many are illegal Islam terrorists? we are not safe and Iran is getting the Nuke? We are at war and for now the health care is fine and we can wait until the Prez makes a move to end these wars in Iraq and Afghanland! And he tells Iran NO more NUKES! JFK, LBJ, TRUMAN AND EVEN COLIN POWELL WOULD SAY NO AS WELL! So let's see what he says?
is this really about health care or the fact is that our president is black i mean be realistic

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 167
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Smart Alex 1,155,542
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 min scirocco 49,307
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 55 min Learn to Read 182,038
At least 3 wounded in Chicago shootings 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
Santa Claus delayed in Chicago after getting th... 5 hr ChicagOpinion 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr ChicagOpinion 98,871
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 10 hr J RULES 71,188

Related Media

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]