Gun Laws Debate - Portland, OR

Discuss the national Gun Laws debate in Portland, OR.

Does the US need to reform its gun laws?

Portland thinks US gun laws are fine.
Not at all
 
7
Yes
 
4
Undecided
 
0

Vote now in Portland:

killracistthugs

Richmond, KY

#1 Jul 29, 2012
yes, states like Illinois, California, NY, etc., are in gross violation of the Constitution and should face harsh penalties retro-active for it. They should be sued for countless past killings of law abiding citizens they disarmed.
Franklin

Dallas, OR

#2 Jul 30, 2012
High capacity, semi-automatic and automatic firearms that were made primarily for warfare do not belong in the hands of untrained and undisciplined civilians. The resulting body count for allowing it is evidence enough.
studyupumoron

Georgetown, KY

#3 Jul 30, 2012
Franklin wrote:
High capacity, semi-automatic and automatic firearms that were made primarily for warfare do not belong in the hands of untrained and undisciplined civilians. The resulting body count for allowing it is evidence enough.
go ahead and try to take them. good luck with that.

the law abiding have every right to own anything they obey laws with.

the evidence is clear, gangs and violent mobs attack in large groups, and with weapons,

your little 5 shot revolverisn't going to do sht for you in that kind of attack.

look at the 2 reporters pulled from their car in virginia this year.

google peoria illinois violent mob - see what that shows you.

look at all the video reports here:
http://violentflashmobs.com/

highcapacity weapons are infact needed for these kinds of attacks,

these attacks ARE WARFARE you imbecile. it's your problem you're uneducated on the matter,

i'm not uneducated on it, i study it.

Lastly: when has any law ever stopped any criminal?

murder was already illegal, but colorado just happened.

the columbine teens weren't old enough to own handguns,
but they had them.

laws are good, for law abiding; they do nothing to the lawless.

YOU, are not taking away the only viable defense i have against the lawless,

go ahead and try.
Franklin

Dallas, OR

#4 Aug 1, 2012
studyupumoron wrote:
<quoted text>
laws are good, for law abiding; they do nothing to the lawless.
YOU, are not taking away the only viable defense i have against the lawless,
go ahead and try.
So how many crimes have YOU prevented?
Matt

Vancouver, WA

#5 Aug 2, 2012
Gun control keeps weapons out of the hands of law abiding citizens only. Criminals or anyone planning to do harm with a gun obviously do not care about any laws. If a criminal is contemplating attacking you with a firearm which is going to be a bigger deterrent: The fact that there is some law saying he shouldn't be using the gun he has, or the possibility you may be armed and able to kill him/her. It doesn't matter what your stance on gun control is you know the answer. An armed society is a polite society.
Matt

Vancouver, WA

#6 Aug 2, 2012
In the hands of "untrained and undisciplined civilians" as you say, I agree they can be dangerous. To give the government the authority to take them from us and not be able to defend ourselves properly in the case of a tyrannical government is much more dangerous though. Once they're gone, they're gone and if the day ever comes when we need them to defend ourselves we're screwed. If you are a law abiding, responsible citizen there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to own any weapon you want. I have jumped through all the governments hoops and will be the proud owner of a fully automatic weapon here in the near future. I have no plans of ever using it in any way but recreation because they are fun to shoot. Why should I have my weapons taken away or regulated because some idiots murder some people? I have the right to have any weapon I choose. The "Gun Free" site of the shooting in Colorado is a perfect example gun control does not work. The shooter had no regard for any laws, especially gun laws. If one person would have been armed other than the murderer the body count would have been dramatically less and he would have been dealt swift justice on the spot and saved tax payers money. An armed society is a polite society to put it bluntly. If you are planning on attacking someone a gun control law will be no deterrent but knowing they're armed will at the very least make you think twice about it.
Franklin wrote:
High capacity, semi-automatic and automatic firearms that were made primarily for warfare do not belong in the hands of untrained and undisciplined civilians. The resulting body count for allowing it is evidence enough.
Brian

Santa Clara, CA

#7 Aug 2, 2012
The day I start to believe that spoons are responsible for obesity I miight start to believe guns are responsible for violent crimes.
Toby

Portland, OR

#8 Dec 26, 2012
What's never discussed is that a majority of gun related deaths are suicides, so really it comes down to depression,severe personality disorders and the availability of firearms.
Law

Papillion, NE

#9 Jan 2, 2013
Franklin wrote:
High capacity, semi-automatic and automatic firearms that were made primarily for warfare do not belong in the hands of untrained and undisciplined civilians. The resulting body count for allowing it is evidence enough.
You know nothing about firearms obviously.
Law

Papillion, NE

#10 Jan 2, 2013
Franklin wrote:
<quoted text>
So how many crimes have YOU prevented?
How many times have you used a kitchen fire extinguisher?
Law

Papillion, NE

#11 Jan 2, 2013
Toby wrote:
What's never discussed is that a majority of gun related deaths are suicides, so really it comes down to depression,severe personality disorders and the availability of firearms.
No, the availability of firearms is no different than the availability of rope, prescription/OTC drugs, 4th story balconies, a car belching carbon monoxide fumes, water, a razor blade, etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
occupy losangles leader head of losangles polci... Tue bomb sqaud leader 1
footballs on deck!!! (Jul '14) Mon rayofsunshine6988 9
Bupe-Trade/Cash (Feb '14) Mon rayofsunshine6988 4
My Benz for your @ddies Mon rayofsunshine6988 1
occupy losangles swat team leader for police Aug 31 joshua wilkes swa... 1
DONALD TRUMP is NIGERIAN PRINCE ! ... birth record Aug 30 Baroque Obama 2
berthoud colorado sergent joshua wilkes fireing... Aug 30 joshua wilkes ser... 1
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]