Gun Laws Debate - Fort Towson, OK

Discuss the national Gun Laws debate in Fort Towson, OK.

Does the US need to reform its gun laws?

Fort Towson undecided
Yes
 
2
Not at all
 
2
Undecided
 
0

Vote now in Fort Towson:

Comments
1 - 20 of 23 Comments Last updated -
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
how do you figure

United States

#1 Jul 31, 2012
I am so tired of our rights being stepped on, taken away, or so diluted they might as well be taken away. It is my right to own a firearm, and I intend to protect that right to the end.
Salt n light

United States

#2 Sep 13, 2012
Thats American!
pappy

Dallas, TX

#3 Sep 14, 2012
HOW DO YOU FIGURE, NOW JUST YOU TELL ME WHEN ANYONE HAS KNOCKED AT YOUR DOOR AND TAKEN ANY OF YOUR GUNS AWAY? uNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A CRIME. yOU CAN WALK INTO ANY STORE THAT SELLS GUNS HOWDY AND BUY A GUN WITH ONLY AN ID OR DRIVERS LISCENSE. nOW TELL ME ONE THING--WHEN DID YOU HAVE YOUR GUN RIGHTS TAKEN AWAY--IT IS A FIGMENMT OF YOUR INAGINATION AS WELL AS SOME OTHERS OUT THERE IN WONDERLAND. aRE YOU A CONVICTED FELON? iF NOT YOU ARE SAFE TO HAVE GUNS.
pappy

Dallas, TX

#4 Sep 15, 2012
what no response. How many of you have lost your gun other than to thieves. Do you still think that the boogey man is coming to get your guns?
how do you figure

United States

#5 Sep 19, 2012
@Pappy

How is it you can write so much **STUFF**, but misread others statements. Where did I say my guns were taken away?? WHERE?? I said I am tired of my RIGHTS being stepped on, taken away, or so diluted...

There are those who want to take away our guns, and I will do what I have to protect that right.

And if you mean GOVERNMENT when you say boogey man, then yes that is who will try to take our guns.

So you can continue with your sarcastic and asinine remarks, but you might carry more weight with your words, if you really read what others have written, instead of trying to twist those words around.

If you feel the need to resort to asinine responses because you have nothing better to say, then perhaps you should just shut up.
pappy

Dallas, TX

#6 Sep 22, 2012
how do you figure wrote:
@Pappy
How is it you can write so much **STUFF**, but misread others statements. Where did I say my guns were taken away?? WHERE?? I said I am tired of my RIGHTS being stepped on, taken away, or so diluted...
There are those who want to take away our guns, and I will do what I have to protect that right.
And if you mean GOVERNMENT when you say boogey man, then yes that is who will try to take our guns.
So you can continue with your sarcastic and asinine remarks, but you might carry more weight with your words, if you really read what others have written, instead of trying to twist those words around.
If you feel the need to resort to asinine responses because you have nothing better to say, then perhaps you should just shut up.
Figure, the subject on is is gun rights and no one is taken any one guns away or attempted to. the only changes in laws or so called rights were written to keep mentally ill and felons from buying guns. You still have your rights, When was the last time a gun law was written--to do such as you complain about.???? When Reagan was shot and Kennedy was killed and hsi brother killed by guns. Your main worry shoulld be the patriot act--listening in to you phones, arrest without warrant and kept in jail without an attorney or having the right to notify one. They done away with the habeaus corpus rule in court as it pertains to some and not others. Depends on what line you cross. But your guns are safe, it has been to the supreme court.Remember your rights as stated in the Constitution of the Uniter States. So you and you guns are safe. Why are you so worried about your guns? And in teh Constitution there is also a line or two about free speech, ASo I am also protected as are gun owners. I like to shoot alittle myself at targets and deer hunting--got one deer running and another at 500 yards. Kind of like to bust afew caps once in a while myself. your guns are safe--after all you have the NRA to to look out after your guns. FIGURE, that worry cused by the NRA sells guns for the gun makers and dealers that they lobby for, why do you think they like to stir a stink up every year.
pappy

Dallas, TX

#7 Sep 22, 2012
FIGURE, done some target shooting at the target range at SAWYER.
pappy

Dallas, TX

#8 Sep 22, 2012
Figure, can you at least telll me what rights you are having stepped on ,and where it happened at and when?? Now myself I shoot a 30-06 X 8 MM magnum I reload my self. Its accurate to 8oo yards. Has some klick to it. Also like a 7 MM semi for hunting. relaod it al;so.
pappy

Dallas, TX

#9 Sep 23, 2012
when a person walks down the middle of the road It is he who gets run over. a man may get run over in the front or back--by the right or the left--keep your eyes open FIGURE, BUT BEWARE OF THAT HOLE THAT MAY BE IN FRONT OF YOU., ITS A DEEP ONE
Law

Papillion, NE

#10 Sep 24, 2012
pappy wrote:
HOW DO YOU FIGURE, NOW JUST YOU TELL ME WHEN ANYONE HAS KNOCKED AT YOUR DOOR AND TAKEN ANY OF YOUR GUNS AWAY? uNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A CRIME. yOU CAN WALK INTO ANY STORE THAT SELLS GUNS HOWDY AND BUY A GUN WITH ONLY AN ID OR DRIVERS LISCENSE. nOW TELL ME ONE THING--WHEN DID YOU HAVE YOUR GUN RIGHTS TAKEN AWAY--IT IS A FIGMENMT OF YOUR INAGINATION AS WELL AS SOME OTHERS OUT THERE IN WONDERLAND. aRE YOU A CONVICTED FELON? iF NOT YOU ARE SAFE TO HAVE GUNS.
You're clueless.
Law

Papillion, NE

#11 Sep 24, 2012
pappy wrote:
<quoted text> Figure, the subject on is is gun rights and no one is taken any one guns away or attempted to. the only changes in laws or so called rights were written to keep mentally ill and felons from buying guns.
Is that how we got to 20,000 Federal, State, County, Municipal, and City firearms laws on the books?
DittoheadPukes wrote:
You still have your rights, When was the last time a gun law was written--to do such as you complain about.???? When Reagan was shot and Kennedy was killed and hsi brother killed by guns. Your main worry shoulld be the patriot act--listening in to you phones, arrest without warrant and kept in jail without an attorney or having the right to notify one.
The Patriot Act is just as insidous as Gun COntrol Laws.
DittoheadPukes wrote:
They done away with the habeaus corpus rule in court as it pertains to some and not others. Depends on what line you cross. But your guns are safe, it has been to the supreme court.Remember your rights as stated in the Constitution of the Uniter States. So you and you guns are safe. Why are you so worried about your guns? And in teh Constitution there is also a line or two about free speech, ASo I am also protected as are gun owners. I like to shoot alittle myself at targets and deer hunting--got one deer running and another at 500 yards. Kind of like to bust afew caps once in a while myself. your guns are safe--after all you have the NRA to to look out after your guns. FIGURE, that worry cused by the NRA sells guns for the gun makers and dealers that they lobby for, why do you think they like to stir a stink up every year.
NRA lobbies for gun makers and dealers? Got proof?
pappy

Dallas, TX

#12 Sep 24, 2012
Law wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that how we got to 20,000 Federal, State, County, Municipal, and City firearms laws on the books?
<quoted text>
The Patriot Act is just as insidous as Gun COntrol Laws.
<quoted text>NRA lobbies for gun makers and dealers? Got proof?
Well Puke face, as for the laws so far yu still you still got your gun. some of the laws were follow ups that kept the guns from entering where whishey was sold and to keeep drunks from killing each other--Remember Wyatt Earp. The laws were made and enforced to keep people safe. And if you are referring to the higher gun sales--Each election the NRA brings up better protect your guns the goverment is coming to take them from you and the gun sales go up--just do a little googling--use to be an nra member. Some of thsoe gun laws been on the books over a 100 years or more.--How come the neocons always bring up the fact we need more ATF agents. You have more worry oof your goverment becoming an oligarchy.
pappy

Dallas, TX

#13 Sep 24, 2012
People gripe and the GOP hollers in a false rage of illegals entering the country. And say Obama is not doing enough to get rid of them--fact is Big O has deported more of them in 4 years than Bush and we now have more people patroling( border patrol) than Bush had. But teh National Chamber of Commerce and big business keeps on using the cheap labor in the meat processing industry and in the farming industry. But just last year the farmer lost over 1 billion in loss pf produce because of the state l;aws and seems they are complaing about the lsot labor that used to work ther farms. Where is the produce coming from now--mexico, central america and south america--imported by big box stores. Soon food willl be liek oil--we will have lsot control over the very foood we eat. Do you know that 5 corporations control most of what you eat.
pappy

Dallas, TX

#14 Sep 24, 2012
How about that old myth that the republicans create jobs--the democrats have created over 40 milllion jobs while the Republicans have barely created 20 milllion since about 1961. How about the fact that republcian Reagan raised taxes 11 times omnn the owrking classRaised the deficit 187 percent while in office. That is just the facts of truth. How about there has been only 2 recent presents that have had a balance budget both Democrats-- while the Republicans have put our country in debt by over 10 t. from reagan to Bush 2. Now go and check the figures on deficit spewnding and you sill find out that the democrats put us in debt a heck of a lot less than the RepublicansThey have been the biggest spenders of alll since our country came into existence.
pappy

Dallas, TX

#15 Sep 24, 2012
NRA is the best gun saler of all for the gun lobby. The gun manufacturers love the NRA they tote there water for the gun industry.
pappy

Dallas, TX

#16 Oct 11, 2012
Looks like everyone deserted. Guess they went to sight their guns in. guess what seen Ryan on the news being interviewed about gun rights. And Ryan said Obama had not promoted antio gun laws nor tried to pass an anti gun bill. First honest remark I have heard on gun rights and laws.
Salt n light

Lampasas, TX

#17 Nov 10, 2012
I would say obamas courting the un is the best gun promotion I've seen in a long time...
Law

Papillion, NE

#18 Nov 10, 2012
pappy wrote:
<quoted text> Well Puke face, as for the laws so far yu still you still got your gun. some of the laws were follow ups that kept the guns from entering where whishey was sold and to keeep drunks from killing each other--Remember Wyatt Earp. The laws were made and enforced to keep people safe. And if you are referring to the higher gun sales--Each election the NRA brings up better protect your guns the goverment is coming to take them from you and the gun sales go up--just do a little googling--use to be an nra member. Some of thsoe gun laws been on the books over a 100 years or more.--How come the neocons always bring up the fact we need more ATF agents. You have more worry oof your goverment becoming an oligarchy.
Well shitforbrains, you're wrong and i proved you wrong. How come the libs demand even more gun laws?
Law

Papillion, NE

#19 Nov 10, 2012
pappy wrote:
People gripe and the GOP hollers in a false rage of illegals entering the country. And say Obama is not doing enough to get rid of them--fact is Big O has deported more of them in 4 years than Bush and we now have more people patroling( border patrol) than Bush had.
Got proof to bavk that up?
pappy wrote:

But teh National Chamber of Commerce and big business keeps on using the cheap labor in the meat processing industry and in the farming industry. But just last year the farmer lost over 1 billion in loss pf produce because of the state l;aws and seems they are complaing about the lsot labor that used to work ther farms. Where is the produce coming from now--mexico, central america and south america--imported by big box stores. Soon food willl be liek oil--we will have lsot control over the very foood we eat. Do you know that 5 corporations control most of what you eat.
Yes, but what does that have to do with your stupidity?
Law

Papillion, NE

#20 Nov 10, 2012
pappy wrote:
NRA is the best gun saler of all for the gun lobby.
Really? Who is the "gun lobby"? Got names?
pappy wrote:
The gun manufacturers love the NRA they tote there water for the gun industry.
Right. If you say so. People who believe in rights and liberties beefit by having groups like the NRA look out for them.
But you wouldn't know about that.
Clueless much?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Towson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dustin Williston 1 hr nosey 9
pam potts 1 hr Official Historian 5
Donna Shufelt 2 hr Official Historian 2
what about this man? 2 hr Official Historian 3
Kelly hammock ?? 2 hr Official Historian 14
Working woman supporting 2 alcoholics 2 hr Official Historian 9
Shelia Payne Webster 2 hr Official Historian 6

Fort Towson Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]