Gun Laws Debate - Fitchburg, MA

Discuss the national Gun Laws debate in Fitchburg, MA.

Does the US need to reform its gun laws?

Fitchburg thinks we need reform.
Yes
 
5
Not at all
 
1
Undecided
 
0

Vote now in Fitchburg:

Just Facts

Southborough, MA

#1 Jul 23, 2012
Our gun laws favor criminals by disarming normal law-abiding citizens, making them better targets for the criminals that do not obey the laws and purchase illegal guns anyway.
Really

Leominster, MA

#3 Jul 26, 2012
Just Facts wrote:
Our gun laws favor criminals by disarming normal law-abiding citizens, making them better targets for the criminals that do not obey the laws and purchase illegal guns anyway.
There are ways to reform gun laws without disarming normal law abiding citizens. No one needs an assault rifle. No one needs a magazine with 100 rounds. There are plenty of other weapons they can own lawfully.
You Know Who

Marlborough, MA

#4 Jul 26, 2012
Responding to post number one above; not only do our gun laws favor criminals, but is is not unusual for the police themselves to legally put a gun into the hand of a known gang member.

Right here in beautiful Fitchburg Mass we all read of the story three years back or so where a known gang member shot and killed a man over a parking spot squabble, using a gun that he was legally allowed to carry, thanks to the work of the Acting Fitchburg Chief of Police at the time. Certainly, there is a very high chance that this was not simply a little tiny mistake or error in judgement committed by a well intentioned Acting Chief of Police. Common sense tells all of us that a cash payment was most likely given by a known criminal organization to the Acting Police Chief in order for one of its gang members to be legally armed.

I know that we all have to question the actual effectiveness of our highly paid public servants, but to accept the therory that they were too stupid to realize that they had put a legal gun into a known criminals hand due to laziness and lack of conducting a proper background check just seems like too far of a stretch.

Again, I lean towards believing that the cop that allowed this to happen was crooked; versus simply stupid>
Sam Colt

Leominster, MA

#5 Jul 26, 2012
You Know Who wrote:
Responding to post number one above; not only do our gun laws favor criminals, but is is not unusual for the police themselves to legally put a gun into the hand of a known gang member.
Right here in beautiful Fitchburg Mass we all read of the story three years back or so where a known gang member shot and killed a man over a parking spot squabble, using a gun that he was legally allowed to carry, thanks to the work of the Acting Fitchburg Chief of Police at the time. Certainly, there is a very high chance that this was not simply a little tiny mistake or error in judgement committed by a well intentioned Acting Chief of Police. Common sense tells all of us that a cash payment was most likely given by a known criminal organization to the Acting Police Chief in order for one of its gang members to be legally armed.
I know that we all have to question the actual effectiveness of our highly paid public servants, but to accept the therory that they were too stupid to realize that they had put a legal gun into a known criminals hand due to laziness and lack of conducting a proper background check just seems like too far of a stretch.
Again, I lean towards believing that the cop that allowed this to happen was crooked; versus simply stupid>
Yeah and you are a cop hating fuckingg queer. I hate to break it to you but cops are not illegaly selling drugs and guns you freak.
You Know Who

Marlborough, MA

#6 Jul 26, 2012
Sam Colt wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah and you are a cop hating fuckingg queer. I hate to break it to you but cops are not illegaly selling drugs and guns you freak.
Ah, there you go again using fould language on a nice little public forum. I MUST have struck a nerve with you.

I beg to differ. If you read ANY factual story about organized crime; you will read of crooked cops on the take. Some are informants; others are in fact drug dealers and gun runners. It isn't fantasy. It happens all the time in our fair nation. So why not right here in beautiful F-burg? After all, we all just recently read the story of the F-burg cop who was palsie walsie with the known cocaine trafficker; including staying at his house in the D.R.....

So, I take it that you are going with the sheer stupidity theory versus the crooked cop theory as far as our Acting Police Chief putting a legal gun in a known gang members hand; eh? Again, it could have been sheer stupidity and nothing more; but I don't buy it.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#7 Jul 26, 2012
Sam Colt wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah and you are a cop hating fuckingg queer. I hate to break it to you but cops are not illegaly selling drugs and guns you freak.
I thought you stated that you knew Darn personally? She is a wife of a former officer, Fact.
Just Facts

Southborough, MA

#8 Jul 27, 2012
My point regarding the gun laws was the ability for the local chief of police to do what Fitchburg's Chief of police has said...he will not allow "Class A" licenses to be issued no matter who you are. So he would rather allow criminals that buy illegal weapons, complete control over his city by limiting and disarming law abiding citizens.

When will law enforcers get some brains and realize that gun laws only apply to law-abiding people...these laws have NO EFFECT on the vast majority of criminals that use them to commit crimes. CRIMINALS WILL ALWAYS HAVE ACCESS TO WEAPONS.

By restricting law-abiding citizens, you make it easier for criminals to do what they will do.
You Know Who

Marlborough, MA

#9 Jul 27, 2012
Massachusetts should simply have a hard fast rule along with a strongly defined set of guidelines as far as who does, and who does not qualify to have a legal license to carry a firearm.

The system of letting each and every Police Chief (and Fill-in Police Chief) in the Commonwealth decide on a case by case basis is a failure. It simply leads to: 1) Someone who should be allowed to carry being turned down. 2) Someone who is buddy buddy with the police department being allowed to carry, even though their past record should not allow it. 3) Out and out criminals simply "buying" a legal license to carry through graft and corruption; which certainly appears to be the case where a known gang member in Fitchburg was somehow granted a legal license to carry by a F-ing boob of a Fill-In Police Chief.
Sam Colt

Leominster, MA

#10 Jul 27, 2012
Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you stated that you knew Darn personally? She is a wife of a former officer, Fact.
You seem to think alot of things in that twisted mind of yours. I'm not sure what you are talking about who is Darn?
Just Facts

Southborough, MA

#11 Jul 27, 2012
You Know Who wrote:
Massachusetts should simply have a hard fast rule along with a strongly defined set of guidelines as far as who does, and who does not qualify to have a legal license to carry a firearm.
The system of letting each and every Police Chief (and Fill-in Police Chief) in the Commonwealth decide on a case by case basis is a failure. It simply leads to: 1) Someone who should be allowed to carry being turned down. 2) Someone who is buddy buddy with the police department being allowed to carry, even though their past record should not allow it. 3) Out and out criminals simply "buying" a legal license to carry through graft and corruption; which certainly appears to be the case where a known gang member in Fitchburg was somehow granted a legal license to carry by a F-ing boob of a Fill-In Police Chief.
I agree that Massachusetts should have an established set of rules for gun ownership instead of the current system where each police department chief can make his own rules.
Just Facts

Southborough, MA

#12 Jul 27, 2012
Sam,

Lynch is referring to Darn Tootin from West Newton, otherwise know now as You Know Who. It is rumored that this person is the ex-wife of a police officer or wife of an ex-police officer and spends her time on the forums bashing police officers each chance she gets.

BTW Lynch...still waiting for a simple answer for that lingering question we keep asking you...
Really

Hanson, MA

#13 Jul 27, 2012
Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you stated that you knew Darn personally? She is a wife of a former officer, Fact.
I'm the one who knows him personally. He's not anyone's wife, unless he has switched teams since I saw him last. Fact.
Really

Hanson, MA

#14 Jul 27, 2012
My ISP usually says Leominster (don't know why), but I'm roving today.
Law

La Vista, NE

#15 Apr 26, 2014
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
There are ways to reform gun laws without disarming normal law abiding citizens. No one needs an assault rifle. No one needs a magazine with 100 rounds. There are plenty of other weapons they can own lawfully.
What is an "assault rifle"?
Who made you the arbiter of "need"?
Harry

Fitchburg, MA

#16 Apr 26, 2014
Law wrote:
<quoted text>What is an "assault rifle"?
Who made you the arbiter of "need"?
Welcome to two years ago retard.
Law

La Vista, NE

#17 Apr 26, 2014
Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to two years ago retard.
You finally sober up, twatwaffle?
Harry

Fitchburg, MA

#18 Apr 27, 2014
Law wrote:
<quoted text>You finally sober up, twatwaffle?
It would appear that you finally awoke from your slumber, wouldn't it? You're the genuis responding to a thread that has had no activity in years. Twatwaffle, that's cute. Did your little brother teach you that one or is that the new phrase at the group home where you reside?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Criminal justice system's 'dark secret' (Mar '13) 28 min BillyBob 18
The Roys Capture 4th Consecutive ICM Bluegrass ... 1 hr Citizen X 40
Fake charges against Lynch were DISMISSED 9 hr Lynch for Mayor 92
Lynch request for court case to be brought forw... (Jul '13) 20 hr Hiding 156
This time I really mean it. Really. 22 hr fitch 49
lynch Distorts the Truth Once Again Tue Lynch Clone 6
Where is Kevin Lynch? Dec 22 Saggitarious 35
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]