Gun Laws Debate - Ellijay, GA

Discuss the national Gun Laws debate in Ellijay, GA.

Does the US need to reform its gun laws?

Ellijay thinks US gun laws are fine.
Not at all
 
18
Yes
 
3
Undecided
 
0

Vote now in Ellijay:

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Reality

Ellijay, GA

#42 Jul 29, 2012
We have become one of the most violent societies on earth.

The courts have ruled that neither the government nor the police have any obligation to protect individuals.

Responsibility for personal protection lies SOLELY with the individual.

Therefore citizens have a right to protect themselves from the criminal elements within our violent society.

Terry Daniel

Ellijay, GA

#43 Jul 29, 2012
EgoBrain wrote:
The purpose of the 2nd amendment is the right of the people to bear arms against tyrannical government when it arises. The other two clauses listed are moot in terms of hunting and self defense.
The amendment was for the sole sake keeping the balance of power between the people and their government for times when the government gets out of hand.
The citizenry has every right to match the firing power of itís standing armies and that should include AKís, grenade launchers, bazookas and even missiles.
Our founders clearly understood what Americans are facing today in terms of arrogant and out of control government that is long overdue for a serious slap in the back of the head.
~Unspun
EGO, I would agree with you except that it has now become impossible to afford weaponry such as the Army has; even if you could you would have to have a lot of training to be able to use it. 250 years ago no one imagined that weaponry would advance to the form it has. Several groups have tried to take the Army on in the past 40 years and it has not worked. I have been to a militia meeting and a lot of the people I met were just average guys but there were a few radicals thrown in, enough that I never went to my second meeting. I do agree with your determination to remain free and if the time comes to fight I'll be in the ditch right beside you wasting my small calibre bullets while being bombed by Hellfire missiles from a drone in the sky.

“Seeker of Truth”

Since: Jul 12

Ellijay, Ga

#44 Jul 29, 2012
In my opinion, There has never been a hammer made that built a house. Men use the hammers to build.
There has never been a gun made that killed a person. A person used the gun to kill someone.
No matter what type hammer or gun you refer to, they are simply tools used to perform a task.
Man has created nail guns to perform the task faster and so they have also created automatic weapons for the same puspose. Take away the nail guns and we will build our homes with hammers. Take away the automatic weapons and we will use single shot weapons to complete the task.
A gun is a tool, if someone wants ti kill another, they will use a knife, screwdriver, bat, stick, rope, rock or any other object that can inflict damage.
If the government take away our guns, criminals who were intent on breaking the law will not be concerned with breaking the law in obtaining or keeping guns.
Terry Daniel

Ellijay, GA

#45 Jul 29, 2012
Joe Long wrote:
In my opinion, There has never been a hammer made that built a house. Men use the hammers to build.
There has never been a gun made that killed a person. A person used the gun to kill someone.
No matter what type hammer or gun you refer to, they are simply tools used to perform a task.
Man has created nail guns to perform the task faster and so they have also created automatic weapons for the same puspose. Take away the nail guns and we will build our homes with hammers. Take away the automatic weapons and we will use single shot weapons to complete the task.
A gun is a tool, if someone wants ti kill another, they will use a knife, screwdriver, bat, stick, rope, rock or any other object that can inflict damage.
If the government take away our guns, criminals who were intent on breaking the law will not be concerned with breaking the law in obtaining or keeping guns.
Joe, I agree. Any clear thinking citizen should be allowed to have guns. I am concerned with what has gone wrong with people. Why are mass killings happening? Is it the video games, or movies or what? We need to dig deep and find the cause of these events. You are correct, the guns did not cause this. I own several guns and they have never fired at anyone.

“Airhead”

Since: Jan 11

I'm finished with commas!

#46 Jul 29, 2012
Terry Daniel wrote:
<quoted text>
EGO, I would agree with you except that it has now become impossible to afford weaponry such as the Army has; even if you could you would have to have a lot of training to be able to use it.
Sheesh. I was up in Tennessee at a 'surplus' store (pushing it. I've been to surplus and this was more high tech).

The guns. Woweewow, the guns.
I was fantasizing myself holding those $8k+ pieces of pure beauty and precision, Pretending to handle them non nonchalantly but with authority like that girl on Sons of Guns. I'm so jealous of her.

What were you saying?
Oh, no, I can't afford those guns, either.
Terry Daniel wrote:
I do agree with your determination to remain free and if the time comes to fight I'll be in the ditch right beside you wasting my small calibre bullets while being bombed by Hellfire missiles from a drone in the sky.
We'll have our backs :)(You're not making fun of me about drones, are you?)
Probably! It's totally cool :D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellijay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 7-foot bear breaks out of Ellijay garage 3 hr Mountian goyim 1
Here goes the BOE again interim sup to be named... 5 hr Concerned GHS Parent 56
Seeking advice / Rodgers Creek area? (Apr '14) Sun Nan 12
News Police: Burger King worker sold meth at drive-thru Sun Ga Girl 56 4
Where is my Apr 14 post. Sun trickpony 5
Capital Meats Truck-Buyer Beware (May '09) Apr 24 Doug Llewelyn 381
Coosawattee River Resort Ripping Off Owners (Apr '07) Apr 22 deerhunter 11,211
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]