Gun Laws Debate - Duncan, OK

Discuss the national Gun Laws debate in Duncan, OK.

Does the US need to reform its gun laws?

Duncan thinks US gun laws are fine.
Not at all
 
4
Yes
 
1
Undecided
 
0

Vote now in Duncan:

Mike Ferguson

Duncan, OK

#1 Jul 30, 2012
No one needs to own an automatic assault weapon. There are all kinds of automatic guns available for protection or to supress one's paranoria.
Heather Lewis

Oklahoma City, OK

#2 Aug 1, 2012
The 2nd Amendment says it all!
Gun owner

United States

#3 Dec 29, 2012
Increase training for legal gun owners who can legally carry firearm, and lift ban on places where they can carry such as schools, colleges, and areas where a lot of people gather. You won't have incidents like these if gunman thinks that multiple people are armed. The bad guys are hitting places that do not allow citizens to carry and that makes for easy targets!!! You don't see them walking into police stations, and on the rare occasion someone has they are killed before they can do massive harm because officers are armed !!!
Law

Papillion, NE

#4 Jan 2, 2013
Mike Ferguson wrote:
No one needs to own an automatic assault weapon. There are all kinds of automatic guns available for protection or to supress one's paranoria.
The 2nd Amendment is part of the Bill of Rights. No the Bill of Needs.
We appreciate yor public display of firearms ignorance.
What is "paranoria"?
Law

Papillion, NE

#5 Jan 2, 2013
Gun owner wrote:
Increase training for legal gun owners who can legally carry firearm, and lift ban on places where they can carry such as schools, colleges, and areas where a lot of people gather. You won't have incidents like these if gunman thinks that multiple people are armed. The bad guys are hitting places that do not allow citizens to carry and that makes for easy targets!!! You don't see them walking into police stations, and on the rare occasion someone has they are killed before they can do massive harm because officers are armed !!!
Who pays for that "increased training"?
Gun owner

New York, NY

#6 Jan 5, 2013
The same person who pays to get the license. If you want to carry in this state you pay an instructor to take you through training course and the you pay OSBI to get license. So I have no problem for the state adding on more training hours so that civilians are better trained, and if a situation was to arise say at a movie theater where an active shooter starts spraying bullets a citizen who has had a little more training then just shooting from 3 feet, can step in and eliminate that threat before innocent people are killed. You don't wait on the cops, cops are not called till a crime is committed. Letting your citizens who can legally arm them selves do so is the best detersnt we have. You stop a bad guy with a gun by having a good guy with a gun.
Steven Charles

Vineland, NJ

#7 Jan 5, 2013
I have had my gun permit since 1967 and never raised it at anyone. the problems is the laws that we have now should be inforced. whe you kill or shoot someone, no deals go to jail or the needle, an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth
Protection

Duncan, OK

#8 Jan 11, 2013
Heather Lewis wrote:
The 2nd Amendment says it all!
I agree people need protection and the constitution allows it.
Law

Omaha, NE

#9 Jan 12, 2013
Gun owner wrote:
The same person who pays to get the license. If you want to carry in this state you pay an instructor to take you through training course and the you pay OSBI to get license. So I have no problem for the state adding on more training hours so that civilians are better trained, and if a situation was to arise say at a movie theater where an active shooter starts spraying bullets a citizen who has had a little more training then just shooting from 3 feet, can step in and eliminate that threat before innocent people are killed. You don't wait on the cops, cops are not called till a crime is committed. Letting your citizens who can legally arm them selves do so is the best detersnt we have. You stop a bad guy with a gun by having a good guy with a gun.
I don't need the state to tell me whether I'm properly trined. The state can change the training requirements on a whim and in a punitive manner.
Tax payer

New York, NY

#10 Jan 21, 2013
How stupid to say if you shoot someone you just go to jail, if I have to shoot someone to defend myself or my family I'm not going to jail. We need to take away the GUN FREE zones and allow people to carry into those places . ALL theses shootings happened in a GUN FREE zone where no one had a weapon but the bad guy. Lift ban on all gun free zones. Thank you Gov. Fallen for standing up for us and for allowing us to open carry and for preserving our right to carry a weapon to defend our selfs and our family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duncan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for long lost Friends. Dec 14 Moon 1
Modern Human Sacrifice for Dummies (Feb '14) Dec 2 Vika 7
Bret Burns DA again Nov 26 Fed up 1
Jerry Underwood (May '13) Nov '14 Stella 2
joe Dorman,heard. of good things give him your ... Nov '14 nannylove 1
So the KKK meeting at First Baptist... Oct '14 TrueGoodEnduring 2
busted Oct '14 crazyshe 3
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]