Gun Control Debate - La Sal, UT

Discuss the national Gun Control debate in La Sal, UT.

Would you support a ban on handguns?

La Sal opposes
Oppose
 
4
Support
 
2

Vote now in La Sal:

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
logic

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 24, 2010
 
They aren't going to protect you, you (or someone in your family) is more likely to be killed by it.
Sick of gun deaths

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 24, 2010
 
European countries ban them and look at their homicide rate compared to ours.
Grief-stricken

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 24, 2010
 
My 12-year-old cousin was accidentally shot by the gun his father kept locked up for protection. He and his 11-year-old friend found the key and, not thinking it was loaded (because 11 and 12-year-olds don't), the 11-year-old pulled the trigger. My cousin is dead, and his friend's life is ruined. He's been in therapy for 8 years.
pars

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 24, 2010
 
Sick of gun deaths wrote:
European countries ban them and look at their homicide rate compared to ours.
**
Washington DC has ban on guns, Look at the crime rate there and the amount of crimes commited with "the banned" firearms
Guessing

Jefferson City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 24, 2010
 
Grief-stricken wrote:
My 12-year-old cousin was accidentally shot by the gun his father kept locked up for protection. He and his 11-year-old friend found the key and, not thinking it was loaded (because 11 and 12-year-olds don't), the 11-year-old pulled the trigger. My cousin is dead, and his friend's life is ruined. He's been in therapy for 8 years.
My house along with when I was a child. We were taught all guns are to be treated as if they are loaded for as long as I can remember. My kids were informed at age 4 or 5. So if a 11 or 12 year old does not know, well who's fault was that. I take gun safety very seriously. It sickens me when I hear of others who don't making a good sport and self protection look bad. Criminals will always have guns. Being a law abiding citizen I want the right to keep the fight fair if some wacko has a gun.

“Me love you long time?”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 25, 2010
 
Wow, the people of Utah are brilliant, lol. You people are willing to raise your crime rate and give up your rights in the process. LOL, democrats I'm betting?
sparky

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 25, 2010
 
A bunch of cry babies,maybe we should ban
steak knives also
HAHA

Ulysses, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 26, 2010
 
logic wrote:
They aren't going to protect you, you (or someone in your family) is more likely to be killed by it.
Do you really believe a ban will cause all criminals to give up thier guns?

Do you believe citizens, who obey the law, will hand them over?

What good have you done by disarming the law abiding citizens?

If I was to break into your home, steal your items, or even better kidnap your child, do you think I would have prepared myself with a firearm? Do you think a firepoker, stick, knife, or baseball would stop me from my intended goal of taking your loved one away?

Hands down, no.
In every case, the gun will win, because I do not have to be in close contact with you to use it, and it will cause the most damage against the above mentioned devices, you have left to "save" your child or possesions.

In a magical world where you wave your wand, and "all guns disappear", I could see your point. Even so, I choose to rely upon myself to defend my property, and loved ones, before I will rely upon you or any other Government agency to defend those I care about.
Are you so caring, that you would break down my door, grab the attacker from behind, beat his physical body down, because my child was being assulted?
Are YOU willing to DIE because a criminal is harming my family?

If you say yes, may God bless you. If you say it is not your responsibility, then meet MY 2nd Admendment rights!

When a welfare worker decides not to issue food stamps, or deny medical care to an elderly person, THAT IS EXACTLY what the Government is saying. They say this to many applicants, who try to explain thier conditions.

Will your policeman break into your home to save you from the same assult? NOPE!
They are restricted, and will not supercede thier own boundries, unless specified information is accurately obtained and orders are issued. Then again, your police station is lacking in funds to completely protect each and every wrong done to your entire city, none the less, your county.

Not all men were created equal, Colonel Colt solved this problem.

Think about what you are saying before you say it.
Its all "for the children", is a lame excuse for loosing the liberties our founding faithers died for.

I am deeply sorry for the loss of the little boy, but will you ask for a ban on lawn mowers because a child was killed by one?
Will you ask for a ban upon cars because of the loss of several thousand children?
Are you really prepared to use a horse a buggy to travel to work? or how about just walking to work?
Children who are bullied walking to school everyday, take brutal beatings; we read about this in the papers and are told about such things on TV. Are you willing to walk to work, get your butt handed to you daily for your "lunch money"?
How about hearing the news of your wife, or daughter being raped because she "walked" to school or work?
It really is a slippery slope and I pity you for your inability to research the past, hold to its truths; and judge~based upon your emotion and not the human history.

“Me love you long time?”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Sep 26, 2010
 
I hope your state outlaws it so I have a safe place to rob and rape people.

Since: Jul 08

Norcross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 27, 2010
 
logic wrote:
They aren't going to protect you, you (or someone in your family) is more likely to be killed by it.
Only at times when people like you are restricting people from protecting themselves from people who gets guns from the street whenever they want them.

Since: Jul 08

Norcross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 27, 2010
 
Sick of gun deaths wrote:
European countries ban them and look at their homicide rate compared to ours.
It is because they know how to run their prison system and actually rehabilitate.

Since: Jul 08

Norcross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 27, 2010
 
Grief-stricken wrote:
My 12-year-old cousin was accidentally shot by the gun his father kept locked up for protection. He and his 11-year-old friend found the key and, not thinking it was loaded (because 11 and 12-year-olds don't), the 11-year-old pulled the trigger. My cousin is dead, and his friend's life is ruined. He's been in therapy for 8 years.
That was the father's fault for not teaching his children RESPECT. My father had his gun in between the boxspring and matress and showed it to me and my sisters and let us it IS loaded and let us know know what would happen if we ever touched it and we knew damn well what he meant would come true. Today's parents are too weak. Today's parent's want to be their child's"best friend" rather than their actual parent. And as far as the fact that the 11 year old FOUND the key and he could REACH each, well that is another story......

Since: Jul 08

Norcross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 27, 2010
 
pars wrote:
<quoted text>
**
Washington DC has ban on guns, Look at the crime rate there and the amount of crimes commited with "the banned" firearms
Yeah, but you cannot use DC as an example in this simple because it would make to much sense. And as corrupt as Chicago is and High Crime AND now it is the current president's long past establishment, it is a no-no to use that one too! LOL

Since: Jul 08

Norcross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 27, 2010
 
"sample", not simple
Gunner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 27, 2010
 
Sick of gun deaths wrote:
European countries ban them and look at their homicide rate compared to ours.
you need to look at the numbers yourself. homicides tripled in London after taking their guns.

Homicide declined in Washington DC when that gun ban was lifted.

More people are killed by knives than guns, so do you want my butter knife?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Sep 27, 2010
 
no!!!!!!!!!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 27, 2010
 
no
law

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Sep 27, 2010
 
Sick of gun deaths wrote:
European countries ban them and look at their homicide rate compared to ours.
Wrong, the UK bans them. You can own an assault rifle in france, germany finland, etc.
Also, I did a study that found out that living in a nation with low gun ownership rate puts you at a higher risk of being murdered.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/...
Sick of povety.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Sep 27, 2010
 
I would rather ban stupid people from breeding. Been arrested? Caught using dope multiple times? Have children who receive aid to families? People like this don't need anymore children. Men who screw and blow, should be denutted. Women who bang anything without remorse should have their plumbing ripped out. Here is your source of problems, not the Second Amendment.

Since: Jan 08

Carlsbad, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Sep 28, 2010
 
Sick of gun deaths wrote:
European countries ban them and look at their homicide rate compared to ours.
Maybe you're referring to Switzerland where they are REQUIRED to own a firearm. Take a look at the homicide rates in Australia where they were recently banned....violent crime more than tripled. A gun is a simple tool, people have to use a tool for it to "work". Perhaps we should just ban people - specifically criminals. Yeah, that'll work.(/sarc off)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent La Sal Discussions

Search the La Sal Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bus service to link Moab with SLC Mar '14 pradeep 1
Moab community meetings Mar '14 BradsPlace2014 1
Review: Moab Valley RV Resort Mar '14 t gus 1
Monticello community meetings Feb '14 JAaby 1
Moab weather in mid Sept-early Oct Feb '14 Cajun 1
UT Who do you support for Governor in Utah in 2010? (Oct '10) Nov '13 Associated Headlines 146
UT Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Utah in 2... (Oct '10) Nov '10 wibauxwoman 112

Related Topics

La Sal Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]