Gun Control Debate - Haymarket, VA

Discuss the national Gun Control debate in Haymarket, VA.

Would you support a ban on handguns?

Haymarket opposes
Oppose
 
47
Support
 
26

Vote now in Haymarket:

Gary

Gainesville, VA

#142 Sep 3, 2012
Give it up control freaks, you have lost this debate. How many politicians out there are running on gun control this year? How many gun control speeches do you expect to hear at the DNC this year? Face it, you have lost the debate to the point where only a few comment board geniuses obsess over it and get hard on's when random people agree with them. No need to argue with these control freaks, they've already lost. There are no proposed gun control laws that will go anywhere in any legislature now or in the future. This is a loosing issue for politicians.
Law

Papillion, NE

#143 Sep 3, 2012
Fritz wrote:
2nd Amendment rights are part of our Constitutional rights. However, this does not abrogate personal responsibility by gun owners
Please expand on that Fritz.
Jim

Alexandria, VA

#144 Dec 13, 2012
This is a Joke read the constitution
Former justice

Branson, MO

#145 Dec 17, 2012
I would be in favor of any law that also applied to police. The police have killed and wounded more unarmed people this year in the US since the civil war.
Pat

Catonsville, MD

#146 Dec 18, 2012
it is your turn now, gun nuts. tell us why you need assault rifles and automatic weapons to kill 6 and 7 year old children.

yes this person was a bit crazy but without his guns, these children and their teachers would be alive today. the nut in china had a knife and those children are alive

too many guns. we must get rid of all the guns that are built to kill people. Get rid of the automatic weapons and large clips. take them awy form the police too.

the world is watching the crazy american gun culture. it is clear that americans want guns to kill people

what have you got to say gun nuts?
Get a life

Fairfax, VA

#147 Dec 18, 2012
I usually don't debate people who use the terms "assault rifles", "automatic weapons", and "clips". The problem with having a discourse with anti-gunners is they understand the topic about as well as a janitor understands quantum physics.

As for why the populace needs more than single-shot rifles, read a history book.
Anne

Suitland, MD

#148 Dec 19, 2012
the popular does not need more than single shot rifles. Automatic guns and large clips are only for killing people.

Having a discourse with gun nuts is impossible because all the gun nuts know is what the NRA tells them.

People with guns kill people. No guns and those children and teachers would be alive today.
what

United States

#149 Dec 19, 2012
Anne wrote:
the popular does not need more than single shot rifles. Automatic guns and large clips are only for killing people.
Having a discourse with gun nuts is impossible because all the gun nuts know is what the NRA tells them.
People with guns kill people. No guns and those children and teachers would be alive today.
One thing "gun nuts" tend to know is...guns. Something you clearly have no knowledge of considering your use of the terms "automatic" and "clips". But please continue making yourself look completely ignorant of the topic at hand. It's part of the reason why the public stopped buying your misconceptions years ago.
Kim

Baltimore, MD

#150 Dec 20, 2012
Pat and Anne are right and represent the majority of intelligent, thinking Americans. Men with powerful automatic weapons and large capacity magazines use them to kill people. In Newtown a man with multiple automatic weapons and hundreds of bullets killed 20 innocent children and 7 innocent adults. Without the easy availability of guns, these people would be alive today.

The only use for these types of weapons is to kill people.

In Virginia last year, more people were killed with guns than died in auto accidents.

There is no reason for these types of weapons to be in any civilized society. These weapons kill more than 20,000 people every year in the US.

Gun nuts only know what the NRA tells them. The gun culture in our nation is responsible for killing tens of thousands of citizens each year. When will we stop the killings by guns?
Law

Papillion, NE

#151 Dec 20, 2012
Pat wrote:
it is your turn now, gun nuts.
How do you figure that, abuser?
Pat wrote:
tell us why you need assault rifles and automatic weapons to kill 6 and 7 year old children.
Why do you want to have sex with 6 and 7 year old children?
Pat wrote:
yes this person was a bit crazy but without his guns, these children and their teachers would be alive today.
Really? How do you know that?How do you know he wouldn't have used some other means?
McVeigh didn't use a gun.
Pat wrote:
the nut in china had a knife and those children are alive
So nobody has ever killed with a knife?
Pat wrote:
too many guns.
How many is "too many", Pat?
Pat wrote:
we must get rid of all the guns that are built to kill people.
So tell u Pat, which guns are built to kill people and which guns aren't. Will you be doing that soon?
Pat wrote:
Get rid of the automatic weapons and large clips. take them awy form the police too.
They weren't used in any of the mass shootings.
Pat wrote:
the world is watching the crazy american gun culture. it is clear that americans want guns to kill people
what have you got to say gun nuts?
Well, you pedophiles are preying on children but trying to deflect attention away.
Law

Papillion, NE

#152 Dec 20, 2012
Anne wrote:
the popular does not need more than single shot rifles.
What is a single shot rifle, Anne?
Anne wrote:
Automatic guns and large clips are only for killing people.
So what are shotguns, handguns , and rifles for? What is a "clip"?
You are obviously an expert on firearms so we need your experise here.
Anne wrote:
Having a discourse with gun nuts is impossible because all the gun nuts know is what the NRA tells them.
Oh? So calling them "gun nuts" is having a discourse on them? I guess your a child molester Anne. I mean, if you want to hurl insults at people you don't even know, I'll do the same thing.
And you only know what NAMBLA tells you.
Anne wrote:
People with guns kill people.
People with rope kill people.
People with knives kill people.
People with bare hands kill people.
People with blunt instruments kill people.
People with fire kill people.
People with bombs kill people.
People with chemicals kill people.

So you were saying?
Anne wrote:
No guns and those children and teachers would be alive today.
No guns? So you're okay with women getting beat to death rather than having a means to protect themselves.
You really are a twisted individual!!!
Law

Papillion, NE

#153 Dec 20, 2012
Kim wrote:
Pat and Anne are right and represent the majority of intelligent, thinking Americans.
No, they're wrong. they show an amazing ignorance of firearms and employ ad hominem attacks to try t make points. They are not intelligent.
Kim wrote:
Men with powerful automatic weapons and large capacity magazines use them to kill people.
Men and women with powerful vehicles use them to kill people.
Kim wrote:
In Newtown a man with multiple automatic weapons ....
Really? How many automatic weapons did he have? What kind were they?
Kim wrote:
...and hundreds of bullets killed 20 innocent children and 7 innocent adults. Without the easy availability of guns, these people would be alive today.
This had nothing to do with "easy availability" and everything to do with an irresponsible parent. We still don't know how he got her weapons.
Kim wrote:
The only use for these types of weapons is to kill people.
Really? Mine have never killed anyone and none of the several thousand in the hands of law-abiding citizens have never done such a thing.
Kim wrote:
In Virginia last year, more people were killed with guns than died in auto accidents.
Last year more people in the United States were killed and injured by automobiles than by firearms.
Kim wrote:
There is no reason for these types of weapons to be in any civilized society.
Based on what?
Kim wrote:
These weapons kill more than 20,000 people every year in the US.
Liar!
Kim wrote:
Gun nuts only know what the NRA tells them.
And pedophiles like you only know what NAMBLA tells you.
Kim wrote:
The gun culture in our nation is responsible for killing tens of thousands of citizens each year.
No, criminals are responsible for killing tens of thousands of citizens each year.
I noticed you made NO mention of people killed by means other than firearms. Don't they matter to you?
Kim wrote:
When will we stop the killings by guns?
When will we stop the killing by criminals? To blame an inanimate object for the actions of an animate being is the height of stupidity. It's no wonder you posted it.
AJ

Bristow, VA

#154 Dec 24, 2012
2nd Amed.
Mike

Suitland, MD

#155 Dec 24, 2012
2nd Amend. Tell that to the dead kids & teachers in Newtown.

Without the guns these kids are alive

Guns kill people
Christine

Marshall, VA

#156 Dec 29, 2012
Since the 20 children and six teachers were killed by a man with three automatic weapons, 294 people have been killed by guns in the USA.

Gun nuts, do we need to buy more guns to kill more people? Do we buy single shot guns to kills people one at a time? Do we buy automatic weapons and large clips so we can kill lots of people quickly?

Do we buy both so we can continue to kill innocent Americans with guns?

The gun nuts will pick this apart and give us their usual excuses. The gun nuts will keep buying guns and Americans will continue to be killed by people with guns.

When will the gun killings stop?
Stan

Marshall, VA

#157 Dec 30, 2012
As long as we are awash in guns and allow the gun culture to exist, we will have gun killings.

There is no reasonable or moral justification for automatic weapons, large clips and handguns whose only use is to kill people. These guns must be eliminated from this great country.

Without the guns, the children and teachers in Newtown Conneticutt would be alive today.
Dreamworld

United States

#158 Dec 30, 2012
Unfortunately you are living in some utopian dream world where we all live together in the welfare state under the careful guidance of mother government. You refuse to address the real issue which is the criminal but instead choose to address the tool used to carry out this horrible and tragic crime. Would you abolish fire because it has the ability to burn in the wrong hands or perhaps do away with water because someone might drown in it. Your suggestions and musing may make you feel better but in the real world they have little value in making any real improvement.

I respect your freedom to share your opinion because that is your right in this great country - that would be the 1st Amendment. At least it is until someone like.......you comes along and finds your freedom offensive and says that as long as we "allow" this culture of free speech we will continue to have these problems.

The right to free speech and the right to keep and bear arms are natural rights - they were not given by you or anyone else - they existed long before our country existed. The framers of the Constitution were simply intelligent enough to recognize these natural rights in the constitution.

You do not have the obligation or ability to decide if my natural rights are reasonable or moral as you nor any other person gave those rights to me - they are mine alone and shall not be infringed. Have you heard that somewhere before? I bet not.

People who are will to trade their freedoms for temporary security deserve neither, and will lose both.

Fortunately you don't have the ability to trade my freedoms because they do not belong to you.

God Bless those kids and those families whose lives have been completely destroyed forever - stop taking the easy way out and blaming the gun - they were murdered by a criminal who happened to choose a gun to carry out the crime. Even in your utopian dream world where he couldn't get a gun he would have simply chosen another method to carry out this horrible crime. Invest some time addressing criminals - come up with a way to take some of their rights away - those aren't natural rights. Go get em. You'll have my complete support.
Law

Papillion, NE

#159 Jan 1, 2013
Christine wrote:
Since the 20 children and six teachers were killed by a man with three automatic weapons, 294 people have been killed by guns in the USA.
They weren't killed by automatic weapns.
Christine wrote:
Gun nuts, do we need to buy more guns to kill more people?
What we don't "need" is a colostomy bag with ears named Christine telling us what we "need" where rights are concerned.
Christine wrote:
Do we buy single shot guns to kills people one at a time? Do we buy automatic weapons and large clips so we can kill lots of people quickly?
Who is "we"? DO you always project your insanity onto otheer people? Why do you do that?
Christine wrote:
Do we buy both so we can continue to kill innocent Americans with guns?
Why do YOU buy them? Who are YOU killing with them?
Christine wrote:
The gun nuts will pick this apart and give us their usual excuses. The gun nuts will keep buying guns and Americans will continue to be killed by people with guns.
When will the gun killings stop?
And the anti-rights tools like Christine will continue to utter addled-minded cliches like "gun nuts" because she can't engage in rational debate over the issue.
Christine doesn't care about victims of violence by mean other than firearms. It's because she can't dance in their blood because it doesn't further her cause.
Law

Papillion, NE

#160 Jan 1, 2013
Stan wrote:
As long as we are awash in guns and allow the gun culture to exist, we will have gun killings.
Oh? So psychotropic drugs, iliicit drug trae, and mental illness have nothing to do with it?
Stan wrote:
There is no reasonable or moral justification for automatic weapons, large clips and handguns whose only use is to kill people.
In your opinion. So you're saying taht rifles and shotguns are not designes solely to kill people?
Stan wrote:
These guns must be eliminated from this great country.
Without the guns, the children and teachers in Newtown Conneticutt would be alive today.
Right. Tell that to the 168 vicitims in Oklahoma City that died in the Murrah Building.
Lisa

Marshall, VA

#161 Jan 20, 2013
A gun nut with an assault weapon killed five people in New Mexico. 3 kids and a pastor.

Without easy access to the gun, everyone would still be alive. So would the kids and teachers in Newtown, Conneticutt.

These guns are made to kill people. That is what people buy them for. To kill people. 5 more today. How many tomorrow?

Why do we allow the killing to continue. 32,000 people killed by guns last year. 32,000 more this year.

Guns kill people. Without the gun, today's shooting would not have happened.

Who will be killed by a gun tomorrow?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haymarket Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tree sales to benefit SIDS organization (Dec '08) Sat Cricket 3
Kentucky robbed tonight at Swamp Sat Perception is Rea... 1
New Towncenter in Gainesville VA (Sep '06) Sat Gainesville girl 5,157
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) Sep 13 Tony 1,358
Bristow man faces sodomy, rape charges (May '12) Sep 6 YOU ARE WRONG 31
looking for preschool (Aug '11) Sep 2 Jesie 20
helicopters Aug 28 anon 3

Related Topics

Haymarket Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]