Gun Control Debate - Cape Coral, FL

Discuss the national Gun Control debate in Cape Coral, FL.

Would you support a ban on handguns?

Cape Coral opposes
Oppose
 
26
Support
 
5

Vote now in Cape Coral:

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
fedup in cape coral

Naples, FL

#1 Sep 24, 2010
People should be able to Protect themselves!Afterall "No matter what law you have theifs will Always own guns". Why should"nt we!
Ken E

Sarasota, FL

#2 Sep 24, 2010
Ban them, NO, control the legal ownership yes. I own, legally, more than one, but I am a Licensed and trained Investigator and a Veteran. I would not want a untrained novice out there that might just pull it to show off that they have one. There's a good chance they may accidentally shoot someone. The right to bear arms is a constitutional right and I feel that the Government should not be taking the rights of the law abiding People away. Harden Criminals yes, they, by their actions, have shown that they cannot display a manner of responsibility and should have their rights restricted.

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Since: Jul 10

Tell me...Does it hurt much?

#3 Sep 24, 2010
Try and control my gun..Anyone that supports gun control should be shot.

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Since: Jul 10

Tell me...Does it hurt much?

#4 Sep 24, 2010
Try and control my gun..Anyone that supports gun control should be shot.
Furthermore why do people still pizz and moan about this issue. Itís like abortion and it will never go away, nor should either..
Alex

AOL

#5 Sep 24, 2010
As soon as goverment gets there foot in the door with ANY type of law against guns MORE WILL COME DOWN THE ROAD. I'n against ANY gun Laws.

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Since: Jul 10

Tell me...Does it hurt much?

#6 Sep 24, 2010
Alex wrote:
As soon as goverment gets there foot in the door with ANY type of law against guns MORE WILL COME DOWN THE ROAD. I'n against ANY gun Laws.
All REAL men are. A group of whiney people that lost a family member to some idiot that uses guns in a victimizing roll. I say if we get rid of guns we should also get rid of cars. More cars kill people than guns do.
Def Zeppelin

Cape Coral, FL

#7 Sep 24, 2010
If you outlaw guns then only criminals will have them. Not good.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#8 Sep 24, 2010
My theory is:

It's better to have one and not need it
than to need one and not have it.

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Since: Jul 10

Tell me...Does it hurt much?

#9 Sep 25, 2010
Just donít let your fat 18 year old son take it out to play with when his 15 year old girlfriend is over.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#10 Sep 25, 2010
yernogoood- wrote:
Just donít let your fat 18 year old son take it out to play with when his 15 year old girlfriend is over.
I hear ya. I'm still disgusted over that story.
An accident? An 18 year old accidentally held a gun to her head and accidentally pulled the trigger.
I guarantee she was trying to dump his fat, stupid @ss.
Poor girl.

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Since: Jul 10

Tell me...Does it hurt much?

#11 Sep 25, 2010
Renegade Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear ya. I'm still disgusted over that story.
An accident? An 18 year old accidentally held a gun to her head and accidentally pulled the trigger.
I guarantee she was trying to dump his fat, stupid @ss.
Poor girl.
Right? That's what I thought too. He says SHE walked up and put the barrel in her mouth and then he pulled the trigger and BLAMMMMMMO! Maybe if he had a real trigger to pull he wouldn't have to play smith and wesson's!
Boardwatch

UK

#12 Sep 25, 2010
Renegade Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear ya. I'm still disgusted over that story.
An accident? An 18 year old accidentally held a gun to her head and accidentally pulled the trigger.
I guarantee she was trying to dump his fat, stupid @ss.
Poor girl.
So who's fault was it..? The 18 year olds or the guns...?

How about we make it illegal to shoot someone in the head to put a stop to this madness? That will take care of it right...?

I'm sure it will work just as well as making Guns illegal

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Since: Jul 10

Tell me...Does it hurt much?

#13 Sep 26, 2010
Boardwatch wrote:
<quoted text>
So who's fault was it..? The 18 year olds or the guns...?
How about we make it illegal to shoot someone in the head to put a stop to this madness? That will take care of it right...?
I'm sure it will work just as well as making Guns illegal
Uuuuuhhhhmmmm, It was the 18 year olds fault, hands down NO argument. How could it possibly be the gunís fault? Last I knew it WAS illegal to shoot someone in the head although it depends on what youíre shooting their head with. Would you like to see gunís illegal? Naw, youíre in Texas, the home of lets arm everyone with guns and then put them to death when they use them. Hey, donít get me wrong I love the death penalty, I just donít like the rules in Texas.
Boardwatch

UK

#14 Sep 26, 2010
yernogoood- wrote:
<quoted text>
Uuuuuhhhhmmmm, It was the 18 year olds fault, hands down NO argument. How could it possibly be the gunís fault? Last I knew it WAS illegal to shoot someone in the head although it depends on what youíre shooting their head with. Would you like to see gunís illegal? Naw, youíre in Texas, the home of lets arm everyone with guns and then put them to death when they use them. Hey, donít get me wrong I love the death penalty, I just donít like the rules in Texas.
My point was this.. It is illegal to shoot someone in the head. Even though it is illegal, criminals will still do it.

Now if we make Guns illegals, guess what.... Criminals will still have them.

We only put the people to death who use them to commit crimes against others, we don't do that to those protecting themselves from the bad guys.(Big difference there)

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Since: Jul 10

Tell me...Does it hurt much?

#15 Sep 26, 2010
Boardwatch wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was this.. It is illegal to shoot someone in the head. Even though it is illegal, criminals will still do it.
Now if we make Guns illegals, guess what.... Criminals will still have them.
We only put the people to death who use them to commit crimes against others, we don't do that to those protecting themselves from the bad guys.(Big difference there)
Sometimes people that aren't criminals will do it.
Suncoaster

Cape Coral, FL

#16 Sep 26, 2010
I was born with this right, and I support all the rights we have in the USA. Lets quite trying to take them away.

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Since: Jul 10

Tell me...Does it hurt much?

#17 Sep 26, 2010
Is that THE suncoast?
Boardwatch

UK

#18 Sep 27, 2010
yernogoood- wrote:
<quoted text>Sometimes people that aren't criminals will do it.
Yes, but those that are not criminals can saves lives by having one. Do we condemn those that follow the law and save the lives of others by taking away that ability? Do we take guns away so the criminals will be the only people who have them...?(you know that will be the case)

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Since: Jul 10

Tell me...Does it hurt much?

#19 Sep 27, 2010
Boardwatch wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but those that are not criminals can saves lives by having one. Do we condemn those that follow the law and save the lives of others by taking away that ability? Do we take guns away so the criminals will be the only people who have them...?(you know that will be the case)
I still don't understand your arguement. You talk with me as if I were against guns. I'm a little confused.

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Since: Jul 10

Tell me...Does it hurt much?

#20 Sep 27, 2010
As for the person in CC that supports a ban, you should be shot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Coral Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KNOW Your RIGHTS Sun LeadnCommunity4th... 1
Florida Panther on Sanibel Island, Florida (Dec '08) Sun wcapps 24
Poll ladies how many men have you "slept" with (Nov '08) Sun itsokifyoulikeit 590
Hodges University May 23 MDL 1
First the Ricochet, and now the Big K-Mart!? May 22 Observer 5
Thinking of moving to SW FLA, like Cape Coral, ... (Jul '10) May 22 Buyer Beware 47
Hooters of Cape Coral does not accept Discover ... May 20 Observer 1

Related Topics

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]